Sweet Spot

Kemi Adetiba Shows How to Make a Nigerian-Style Shepherd’s Pie on #ThingsKemiCooks

Adesola Ade-Unuigbe

Kemi Adetiba

Another episode of ‘The Adventures of Kemi Adetiba’ is here and on this edition of her sub-segment called #ThingsKemiCooks, Kemi Adetiba shows how to make a Nigerian-style Shepherd’s Pie.

She puts a fun twist to the popular dish.

1 2 3

Check on it!

1. letty

October 7, 2015 at 8:13 pm

I like Kemi but not really feeling the long nails while preparing a meal. I know she wants to look well put together but them nails need to be trimmed for sanitary purposes.

• ZeeZee

October 7, 2015 at 8:40 pm

Agreed!! But the dish looks delicious though! Making it for my family this weekend…

Hopefully this will change my dad’s ‘Typical Nigerian mentality’ when it comes to food! ???

• Tee

October 7, 2015 at 8:43 pm

Iyen Lo n ba e so.just watch her cooking skills and appreciate and leave long nails and sanitary for the toilet.
      Will be trying this with d kids for the weekend.Nice one Kemi

• Living in the moment!

October 7, 2015 at 9:03 pm

So you want to eat poo with your meal?

Anyways, hope the kids enjoy the meal! It looks so good!

• Ba

October 7, 2015 at 9:27 pm

You’ve a right. Where is the hygiene and food? Besides, the recipe looks healthy.

• Oyin

October 8, 2015 at 12:14 am

I prefer shorter nails too only bcos long nails attracts more jajajaja tins stuck in them. As long as people with long nails can wash their fingernails very well, dig deeper and make sure there are not leftovers of unwanted, unsanitary,

• Lil

October 8, 2015 at 2:37 pm

Last I checked she’s cooking for herself and not s bunch of y’all.

2. Wala Wahala

October 7, 2015 at 9:21 pm

She is so great at what she does. I just wished she had a man and kids.. (well she has a young boy servicing her). I’m sure she will be lonley at times

• Bide

October 7, 2015 at 10:43 pm

Shoro niyen

• nena

October 8, 2015 at 7:55 am

stop talking off point abeg

• Judgmental humans

October 8, 2015 at 9:45 am

For goodness sake, what’s with Nigerians and this marriage thing? And even if she has a young boy “servicing” her, what is your goddamn business??? What has her cooking got to do with finding a man and having kids??? People with your kind of mentality are whats wrong with the Nigerian society and also the reason why women are pressured into marrying the wrong person and end up “managing” their marriage instead of enjoying it. If it where a male, no one will question his marital status. My goodness, it is sickening!!!!! Focus on what she’s cooking PLEASE! Nigerians and their judgmental attitude *hiss*.

3. Deep Soul

October 7, 2015 at 9:40 pm

Looks so yum! If only laziness will allow me actually cook this one day. Chai

4. Ene

October 7, 2015 at 10:25 pm

Hello aunty or uncle wala wahala, your comment shows how dark your soul is. Which one is one young boy is servicing her.

5. BusyBee

October 7, 2015 at 10:32 pm

Oh Shut it….is she meant to cut her nicely manicured nails just because she’s cooking? That’s the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. Looks great what she cooked…..really delicious. I’m beginning to like her cooking blog…keep up the good work.

6. Idomagirl

October 7, 2015 at 11:23 pm

Hey Kemi I absolutely love your videos but just a suggestion, the background music is a bit loud and it completely overshadows your voice sometimes.

7. Dee

October 8, 2015 at 2:59 am

I guess she is truly eating the food she makes and its starting to show on her…

8. Sola

October 8, 2015 at 3:06 am

Great Job Kemi. I ll try to cook this sometime soon. I usually hear of shepherds pie, but i never thought it was this easy.

P.S: Ignore the negative comments, bitter people tend to spew bitterness. Misery loves company,

9. whocares

October 8, 2015 at 10:23 am

NO SHE DIN’T. OH YES SHE DID! OH YES I’VE FOUND MY WEEKEND DISH!!! and no mention of cheese!!!!! oh this makes me very happy. I will be substituting mushrooms for the meats or just plain veggies *sigh* ( I don’t know how that will fare baking time wise. it should be ok right? I am on a meat fast for a month. It is not a easy something) . I just read the ingredients again, and no, no cheese. chop kilz kemkem 🙂

• memebaby

October 8, 2015 at 1:15 pm

you can use ground turkey, chicken..seafood perhaps (chopped in tiny bits )

10. Where is Natu?

October 8, 2015 at 10:23 am

BN commenters you have successful scared off our one and only proudly non-Nigerian afro haired commenter – NATU. Ever since all you sharp tongued men and women attacked her comment on a Nigerian actress (which was quite ill-presented) she has disappeared from the comments section. BN abeg go in search of a lost soul, she used to comment on virtually every post here o – after all you should have her email address, tell her to “mabinu” and come back, only to be a bit more careful with her comments cos Nigerians can criticize their own from now till tomorrow but would rain fire and brimstone if an ‘outsider’ does it.

11. olamide

October 8, 2015 at 10:34 am

Wao! this is really nice. will try it one day when am married.

• Niola

October 8, 2015 at 1:01 pm

@olamide my Sweetheart its just a dish o not sex, or a dish for married people. Please try it now ehn sogbo, life starts before and after marriage, marriage is good but not all good things in life are attached to marriage.. and this does look good!!

12. Truth Teller

October 8, 2015 at 11:33 am

Kemi, thanks for making me hungry!

13. memebaby

October 8, 2015 at 1:11 pm

this is so good.. I made a healthier version 2 days ago with butternut squash and cauliflower as a new member of fitfam body dey catch me lol…nice one miss

14. NaijaPikin

October 8, 2015 at 6:02 pm

So she’s supposed to remove the nails she fixed or cut her nails to cook and then after cooking run back to the nail store and fix back nails. You pple abeg borrow yourself sense.

This is real life not film ehn. if she carries long nails all day everyday, thats what we will see in her videos.

15. Mabel

October 9, 2015 at 12:04 am

Such a visually appealing dish. Looking at the ingredients list it should be tasty. Vegetarians can easily sub the meat with beans or gound soy. I love one pot meals. I wonder if she could do a Nigerian take on a lasagna.