Weddings

First Look: Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer’s Traditional Wedding & #AsoEbiBella Toyin Lawani, Adeola Ariyo, DJ Jimmy Jatt & More

BellaNaija.com

Mariam Adeyemi, CEO of PR agency Mariam Adeyemi Company and American oil & gas professional John Timmer had their traditional engagement yesterday – on Sunday the 20th, while their white wedding is on Boxing Day.

The couple got engaged this time last year – click here for the proposal news and here for Mariam and John’s pre-wedding shoot, click here for the bridal shower.

Mariam wore three outfits for her traditional engagement, made by her close friend, Toyin Lawani of Tiannah Styling, while John wore outfits by King Hakbal.

Here’s a first look of the couple’s day, via their friends’ social media pages. Guests included Taje Prest, Toyin Lawani and her two kids, Layole Oyatogun, Tarmar Awobotu, Adeola Ariyo and more.

***

Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer's Traditional Engagement_Lagos, Nigeria_ December 2015_King Hakbal, Mariam Adeyemi, John Timmer

King Hakbal with the Couple

Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer's Traditional Engagement_Lagos, Nigeria_ December 2015_Taje Prest, Mariam Adeyemi, John Timmer

Taje Prest

Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer's Traditional Engagement_Lagos, Nigeria_ December 2015_Tarmar Awobotu

Tarmar Awobotu

Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer's Traditional Engagement_Lagos, Nigeria_ December 2015_Toyin Lawani's Son

Toyin’s Son, ‘Lord Maine’

King Hakbal

Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer's Traditional Engagement_Lagos, Nigeria_ December 2015_Ronke Tiamiyu, Michelle Young

Ronke Tiamiyu, Michelle Young

Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer's Traditional Engagement_Lagos, Nigeria_ December 2015_Layole Oyatogun

Layole Oyatogun

Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer's Traditional Engagement_Lagos, Nigeria_ December 2015_Adeola Ariyo

Adeola Ariyo

Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer's Traditional Engagement_Lagos, Nigeria_ December 2015_Lilly Afe

Lilly Afe

Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer's Traditional Engagement_Lagos, Nigeria_ December 2015_Bunmi Adedipe, DJ Jimmy Jatt, Spicy In Studios

Photographer Bunmi Adedipe, DJ Jimmy Jatt and Spicy Tee

Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer's Traditional Engagement_Lagos, Nigeria_ December 2015_Tolani Bidmus

Tolani Bidmus

Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer's Traditional Engagement_Lagos, Nigeria_ December 2015_Toyin Lawani and her daughter

Toyin Lawani and her Daughter

Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer's Traditional Engagement_Lagos, Nigeria_ December 2015_Mariam Adeyemi and John Timmer Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer's Traditional Engagement_Lagos, Nigeria_ December 2015_John Timmer and Mariam Adeyemi Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer's Traditional Engagement_Lagos, Nigeria_ December 2015_Mariam Adeyemi, John Timmer and Lord Maine Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer's Traditional Engagement_Lagos, Nigeria_ December 2015_Toyin Lawani dancing with John Timmer Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer's Traditional Engagement_Lagos, Nigeria_ December 2015_Toyin Lawani Mariam Adeyemi & John Timmer's Traditional Engagement_Lagos, Nigeria_ December 2015_Toyin Lawani

1. Lobatan!!

December 21, 2015 at 10:37 am

Fly wey no dey hear word go soon follow dead body enter grave

• Orphelia hamletson

December 21, 2015 at 2:08 pm

I like this quote so much I just sent it to a friend, I await the clapback, but for now jollificate.

Feels abit like toyin’s parry, congrats Maria, I pray it works out dear, and if it doesn’t don’t stay stuck inbit cuz of who and what juxx ball out.

• ATL's finest

December 21, 2015 at 4:56 pm

This your uote no lie. I mean why will any beautiful, young & promising lady wanna be around so much Controversy??? This man’s wife ain’t PLAY & from the look of things. She sounds like she will do everything in her power to bring this man to justices. I mean, I just don’t get it. With all these Baby mama drama involved; I LOVE stress free life too. Nevertheless, I wish her all the BEST for I don’t know the “Rico Swave/smooth Operating” voice he’s using to convince her.

• Yeyeperry

December 22, 2015 at 10:39 am

Wait oooo… Una sure say all these talk no be PR? because before now me no know her ooo. E be like say she dey use her matter promote her business.

2. Belema

December 21, 2015 at 10:47 am

This Lilian girl annoys me, tries way too hard; upon all nothing to show for it.
    Mariam, I hope you don’t sent BN the professional pictures as you sent them your bridal shower pictures. Clearly, you’ve learnt nothing. You better be private, you don’t need the over-exposure; at least not now – the same BN that set your ass on fire.
    Having said that, I guess I can say Congratulations? Yeah.

3. Ladybird

December 21, 2015 at 10:50 am

so what happened to his wife and kids?

4. Nene

December 21, 2015 at 10:57 am

NNa mehnn, Na waooo, i comment my reserve…………………..

5. Mayowa

December 21, 2015 at 10:58 am

I know these are from social media but I’m sure this girl will send the pictures of her white wedding to BN. Some people just never learn. I was shocked she sent that of her bachelorette party (after the whole controversy) to BN. Oga gidi gan.

• Zoma

December 21, 2015 at 12:37 pm

Mayowa,

Mariam didn’t send pictures of her bridal shower to BN. You can go back to the post if you like and see that BN said I quote and unquote that they took the pictures from her official website. blog.mariamadeyemicompany.com

• Lee

December 21, 2015 at 1:40 pm

I guess BN also got “our love story” from her website too? Yeah.

• Shandi

December 21, 2015 at 2:22 pm

Zoma,
      Any logical and thoughtful person will not even think of sharing the pictures publicly, website or whatever; noting the situation at hand. You don’t have to unnecessarily try too hard to prove a point. Prior to her bridal shower pictures, the previous pictures were sent to BN by Mariam. That’s part of the reasons why a lot of people found it hard to sympathize with her during the whole crisis. All I can say is, common sense is certainly not common.

6. Olayemi

December 21, 2015 at 11:03 am

I pray it ends well for this girl. I sincerely do. All I see is greed. Congratulations

7. l

December 21, 2015 at 11:20 am

congratulations!!!!

8. Cynical

December 21, 2015 at 11:21 am

Here for the comments. Pls where is our designated BN popcorn seller?? I’ll like a medium pls. This Toyin Lawani ,something about her just puts me off.

• Abk

December 21, 2015 at 12:57 pm

She puts me off completely, as well as Taje and Lilian. Like they irritate me.

• GirlFromIpanema

December 21, 2015 at 4:50 pm

All ye BN people, I am here to announce I have finally found my niche(drum roll please …..) I am the self appointed snacks vendor for BN Comment section… I also accept payment by PayPal…

You can pre-order your snacks as some posts are quite drama-filled that snacks finish in the first 20 mins 🙂 as better business persin I offer you the chance to pre-order.

PS: We stock everything from kuli-kuli to churros to asun and suya… for drinks you can be assured of zobo,Chapman,iced tea,water…in fact everything we get am….

PPS:For the ppl who just discovered Froyo we get dat one too

Yours sincerely,
      GFI also know as sisi gbeborun ?

• tunmi

December 22, 2015 at 4:01 am

Shawarma nko?

9. Segun

December 21, 2015 at 11:35 am

All I see is an oyinbo mgbeke marrying a Nigerian mgbeke. Clearly both of them are extreme narcissists because I don’t understand why you would still do such a public display after all the controversy. Dude, even if you don’t send your wife/ex-wife, what about your kids. They are old enough to access the internet. Was this really necessary?

10. Grace

December 21, 2015 at 11:42 am

Why isnt that you dont ever see the parents of the bride or groom and other relatives…..is wedding all about friends alone?Expecially in our Naija settings.(just asking sha)

11. lady D

December 21, 2015 at 11:55 am

What controversy? Pls someone spill d T now,biko

• Exq

December 21, 2015 at 1:14 pm

Just google Mariam Adeyemi, or on the search section on BN, type her name, you’ll see the post people are on about, and get some popcorn for the comments.

• Happy

December 22, 2015 at 2:09 am

Noone likes them…They try to show class but look at her legs on the bridal shower, its like she is sick from AIDS? Or its the Druggie effect with all the scars?
      As far as the groom, he looks soooooo old and nasty lol Good luck to the bride lol

• ATL's finest

December 21, 2015 at 5:00 pm

Just scroll up & click on the links in red ( from the proposal, to the issue, to the bridal pix).

12. The young shall grow and when they do ...

December 21, 2015 at 11:56 am

Toyin Lawani’s very young daughter fully made up with eyeliner and red lipstick; her little son with both ears pierced (she already said on a programme on Spice tv that she’d pierced both his ears)..

As someone on that same programme said, if parents do things like that and then (God forbid) later on in life have to come and cry about paedophiles for the former and homosexuality/gender confusion for the latter, will people pity them?

It just is not fair the unnecessary evils, burdens and battles some bad parents bring on their unwitting, helpless children and don’t repent even when possible negative consequences are brought to their attention

• RIFF RAFF

December 21, 2015 at 1:10 pm

WHERE ARE THE FATHERS OF THESE TWO CHILDREN??? DON’T THEY HAVE A SAY IN THEIR KIDS’ LIVES??? Or are they Lekki Husbands who keep quiet cos they need wifey to foot them bills and put food in their mouths?
      Trigger may be even somewhere, catching up with his own growing into adulthood.
      When we warn those lazy, short-sighted, chewing-gums boys to leave them milfy mamas , them no wan gree. They form I love women who are experienced and who know what they want. Looks like dude has no say in his son’s upbringing.
      On a lighter note, i’m not seeing Toke anywhere;

• Ojj

December 21, 2015 at 4:27 pm

Nigerians always trying to copy westerners to stay relevant. Just because Katie price made up the daughter and received heavy backlash for it our dear Toying did d same so as to be in d controversy news. SMH

13. Gold digger

December 21, 2015 at 12:04 pm

These days girls come to weddings looking like the bride. The pressure is real and no, I am not a hater. This something I just observed. #Issoriat.

• Abk

December 21, 2015 at 12:53 pm

I know right. I still don’t get it, I can afford to get glammed up for a wedding but I still don’t and will never understand why people, both young and old do/get professional make-up for someone else’s wedding(s), or just normal or random events. As Nene Leakes will say; the thirst is real.

• newbie

December 29, 2015 at 3:20 pm

Let make up artists not hear you o! How they wan take chop again if na only bride dem dey do professional makeup? Biko some people are paying school fees and house rent from makeup business. Allow them.

14. storyforthegods

December 21, 2015 at 12:09 pm

Lily Afe? Are you ok? You look like you are choking.

15. Olanma

December 21, 2015 at 1:02 pm

Apart from Adeola Ariyo (still wondering wondering what she’s doing there) the rest of the girls there are girls I honestly won’t want to have as friends or have anything to do with. Very classless, plus they’re everywhere, they like unnecessary drama. Too blunt but it’s the truth.

• Olanma

December 21, 2015 at 1:03 pm

Adeola Ariyo and Layole Oyatogun*

• itiswell

December 21, 2015 at 2:49 pm

I too was wondering what Adeola was doing there. I didnt know she rolled with such. I guess you never really know people.

16. Stuz

December 21, 2015 at 1:04 pm

How old is Toyin’s daughter again? With all that make up. Wow

17. Ms R

December 21, 2015 at 1:23 pm

Lily Afe, can you breathe?? hahahahaahahaha

18. King Bey

December 21, 2015 at 1:27 pm

Lilian upon all ur hustle

19. prince

December 21, 2015 at 1:27 pm

Nah wa o. Toyin Lawani’s pics is even more than the couples’. Bizzy body Naijas, they turn every occasion to a show off party. #annoying

20. Classybunch

December 21, 2015 at 1:29 pm

Pls where is the class?

21. Lee

December 21, 2015 at 1:38 pm

BN, scream comments oh. ??

22. me

December 21, 2015 at 2:11 pm

Mariam still went ahead to marry a married man who has wife and kids in the US, You will need very good lawyers – you were told and bella’s blog might serve as a reference.

• NaijaPikin

December 21, 2015 at 4:48 pm

oh be quiet. No certificate is signed for traditional weddings. That is what allows naija men to marry multiple wives without getting arrested.

• Jamila

December 21, 2015 at 8:54 pm

The Nigerian marriage act of 1970 (I believe) does NOT allow someone who has been married in civil court/registry to conduct a customary marriage unless it is with the SAME woman and vice versa. However, if your marriage with a woman is under customary law, then you can marry another, and another, and another ad infinitum as long as they are all customary marriages.

23. freda

December 21, 2015 at 2:17 pm

OMG!!!!!! Toyin Lawani! Perfectionist. This is too real. A hard working woman with a vision. You can’t beat this

• itiswell

December 21, 2015 at 2:47 pm

Hello Toyin! Its always great to blow ones own trumpet.

• Hatsoff

December 24, 2015 at 6:57 am

???

• Anon

December 21, 2015 at 4:02 pm

Vision ko, eye sight ni.

24. Itiswell

December 21, 2015 at 2:18 pm

Has the groom annulled his first marriage yet? Remember BN you gave us the imitial scoop. Also is it Toyina affair? Did she pay BN to feature in 50% of the pics?

• Quiss

December 21, 2015 at 2:40 pm

He hasn’t. This isn’t a wedding, this is “come-chop”.

• Happy

December 22, 2015 at 2:17 am

Where are the papers?? Where is the proof?

25. Single Shalewa, Bitter Bintu!

December 21, 2015 at 2:37 pm

Toyin Lawani must be the mother of the bride. Or she played a huge role in the hookup. Cos i really don’t understand her outrageous/upstaging outfit.

Congraulations to the couple. I’m sure there’s a lot we don’t know. I wish them true happiness. And the madam in the abroad.

26. Quiss

December 21, 2015 at 2:44 pm

LOL, na wa oh, don’t kill yourself, Lilian. To think that you actually think you look hot. You look ridiculous, I couldn’t stop laughing at that picture. All in the name of trying to belong. PLEASE, give up already. ?

27. letty

December 21, 2015 at 2:46 pm

Toyin lawani. Whatever happened to less is more the outfit is so so busy and local for goodness sakes. Piercing her son’s ears so ghetto and misguided. Here in los Angeles it’s hoodrats in Compton that pierce their sons’ ears.

The groom appears to be a much older man.

28. Gerry

December 21, 2015 at 2:52 pm

For someone who is a ‘PR’ expert, she surely does not know how to manage her own PR.

• Happy

December 22, 2015 at 2:21 am

” Expert” and :manage” are far too complicated words for her to handle. Simple girl…bipolar most of the time….sad. She needs treatment other than smoking weed.

29. heeba

December 21, 2015 at 3:03 pm

BN please keep the Second and final pictures for yourself thank you

30. Mummy jojo

December 21, 2015 at 3:10 pm

I came for the comments *sips tea*

31. Ibinabo

December 21, 2015 at 3:49 pm

Despite the drama with the other wife and kids… @BN, please what is “American oil & gas professional”?

• orisirisi

December 21, 2015 at 5:35 pm

ko ye emi naa o.

• jide

December 21, 2015 at 5:35 pm

Some random expat that happens to work for Chevron or Shell in Nigeria.

• Ibinabo

December 22, 2015 at 10:35 am

Hello Popsi, (you bear my dad’s name)… there’s no job title as “American oil & gas professional”

32. Zoma

December 21, 2015 at 5:13 pm

I corrected someone, two people came for me. Really? Let me ask a simple question…Why are you all drinking panadol on top Mariam’s headache? Seriously? It’s her life, let her live it the way she wants. If the Russian woman comes for her then good for her. If her marriage crumbles, it’s her business but please can she breathe?

Sharing her pre-wedding pictures on BN, is what any would-be bride would love to do. How would she have known Timmer’s (ex wife or not) will come for her and spill tea with BN?

Happy Married Life Mariam, I pray your Marriage last.

• Andso?

December 21, 2015 at 6:00 pm

Madam Voltron, you seem to have missed the point here. BN reported that her husband is married to another woman who sent a letter and all the evidence to BN. Mariam sends all her photos to BN too. So we should just shut up and be looking and not talk about it? Please shift jor with your self righteous nonsense!

If Mariam does not want her business discussed then she should not put it out there and start looking for attention. We see beautiful unions all the time on BN, unfortunatley this isnt one of them.

• Akua

December 21, 2015 at 7:21 pm

You should also take your advise and get a life yourself.

• Simz

December 22, 2015 at 12:57 pm

I’m a would be bride and wouldn’t want my pictures on BN for many reasons. So please, let’s not generalize or make BN sound like a fairytale

33. Kevin

December 21, 2015 at 5:25 pm

Why should mariam be scared to send her pictures or get married.You people are just a bunch of losers that are bullying the poor girl.As you all can clearly see, she is having fun.Small time you will find out that the poor girl was innocent all this while.But then again, its nigerians that always forgive people when they marry so very soon she will be the mentor that you people will be looking up to and idolizing after she born.how she is a good wife and mother blah blah…

• Riley

December 21, 2015 at 7:01 pm

Tbh Kevin you’re the loser. Who said she should be scared of sending her pictures to BN? Scared? Is it that you lack comprehension or you just can’t read? Or are you Mariam? All they’re saying is, she should apply wisdom and take necessary precaution. His legal wife can use all these pictures against Mariam and her fiancé (I don’t want to say husband). It’s from her pre wedding photos on BN that made his legal wife realize that her husband is engaged to another Woman; after not hearing from him for ages. Sometimes too much exposure isn’t good. If she didn’t send pre wedding photos and love story to BN, no one would’ve known about her fiancé’s personal issues, but no everyone wants to be on BN. See ehn, sometimes this BN that some of you guys almost die for isn’t everything or anything at all. These days I wonder if Parents talk to their kids at all, or just let them do whatever, or maybe the kids don’t listen cause I really do not understand. BN, please feel free to play politics and screen my comment.

• Bola

December 21, 2015 at 10:08 pm

I don’t think you have superlative comprehension skills. NO ONE said she should be scared of sending pictures to BN, biko. They all have said she should be much more reasonable. It’s not by force to put your life on BN, that’s why she’s getting this slander in the 1st place. It’s for her own good. If she didn’t send BN pictures the whole of Nigeria and beyond won’t have known her gist. I’m sorry, but she asked for it. She’s trying to prove a point I hope she doesn’t later regret.

34. ms lala

December 21, 2015 at 5:37 pm

Where is her extended family… Taofeek, her uncle and the okoyas ….shade definitely skipped this one. Hmmm is her cousin there at all the pretty girl that married akalas son. Someone said mariam PR expert ….please don’t make me laugh… This past weekend was her day so let’s let her have it lol… Hmmmm can’t be spilling tea …PS John ummmm he ain’t with oil and gas no more o

• GirlFromIpanema

December 22, 2015 at 11:59 am

@ms lala. Beht why are you like this…gurl spill!!!
      I am off work for 2weeks and my amebo antenna dey kampe….So abeg spill ooo…if dem no gree keep dem business off social media,we go siddon here analyse dem drama-filled soap-opera life.

PS: I have one zobo with your name written all over it, that’s incentive enough to spill ze tea gurl?

35. Mary

December 21, 2015 at 5:53 pm

One of her*

36. Sadia

December 22, 2015 at 4:26 am

Common sense truly isnt common!

37. Hmmmm

December 22, 2015 at 7:28 am

I love taje
    But taje needs to honestly start hitting the gym
    She lost a lot of weight before but gained it back plus more
    No offense girl but 2016 your major goal should be getting back in shape you are a beautiful girl
    You don’t wanna start looking older when you are still young !!

38. tiana

December 22, 2015 at 8:22 pm

has he not got financial issue with ex wife…….why the showing off. At least the ex wife can use the picture in her defence for money – He is enjoying life well well.

39. Lame

December 22, 2015 at 8:51 pm

Congrats to the happy couple on creating such entertaining drama.