News

Olajumoke’s Cinderella Moment! From Selling Bread on the Streets to the cover of ThisDay Style

Olajumoke Osisaguna ThisDay Style 1We shared the background story on Wednesday and today, we get to see Olajumoke’s ThisDay Style cover. Olajumoke Orisaguna is a young woman who was selling bread on the streets while Ty Bello was photographing Tinie Tempah for a ThisDay Style cover shoot.

When the photos from Tinie’s shoot were published on social media, everyone kept asking about “the model”. Ty and Tinie explained that she was not a model and was selling bread on the streets at the time of the shoot.

A social media campaign to find her kicked off. Once she was found, Ty along with Bimpe Onakoya and Zubby Definition, made the 27 year old mother of 2 over for the shoot which we get to see today.

A documentary is also being made Ema Edosio.

Great story!

Wow…destiny.

BN wishes Olajumoke success in her endeavours.
Olajumoke ThisDay Style 2

Olajumoke ThisDay Style 3

1. Lala

February 7, 2016 at 9:35 am

God bless her hustle, she will become a successful SUPERmodel, she will go very far in life. She is so beautiful and her smile is sooo warm. I love stories like this!!!!!

• Caligula

February 7, 2016 at 11:57 am

I hope she becomes extremely successful, wealthy & happier through this blessing. No more hustling. I hope and pray she handles all the fame with a level head too. Ride it till the wheels fall off! ????

2. me

February 7, 2016 at 9:40 am

She is really pretty….

3. Miss_Flygerian

February 7, 2016 at 9:41 am

Gosh, she’s such a natural beauty.

4. Exclusive

February 7, 2016 at 9:44 am

You got that right…Destiny. She looks beautiful!

5. Thislife

February 7, 2016 at 9:52 am

As they say Destiny can only be delayed… it can’t be denied. Wow, she will continually go higher IJN

6. Madam

February 7, 2016 at 10:00 am

These are the stories that should be gracing the front pages not from those we already know and are popular.

7. Toes

February 7, 2016 at 10:04 am

Holy offing cow…From the streets to the high street in no effing time. bloody hell

8. kilipot

February 7, 2016 at 10:09 am

Innocent question = What happens after this shoot please. Can she really kick start any modelling career at 27 ( or she ll be assisted to start a better and more lucrative business) cos we’ve been made to believe that models are scouted in their teenage years and their careers end probably in their late 20s with few exceptions though. etc. Eg Oluchi, Naomi, KimoraLee.

• halima

February 7, 2016 at 11:45 am

Kilipot, you are a kill joy. You and the 20 people that like your comment. Ahan! Why the negative energy. Who says it’s too late to start. It’s people like you that carry enough negative energy and share around cuz u are always sad. Abeg, carry your bad mouth waka if you don’t have anything better to comment. You stay behind your phone screen and say crap! Gerout joh! Go get a life!

• OkadaMan

February 7, 2016 at 12:43 pm

@halima, you need to calm down already. Kilipot is very right, and also meant no harm. We hope it doesn’t end here. Even if modeling doesn’t work, im sure TY Bello would definitely help push her further. That being said, omg! She looks like a goddess! She’s beautiful!!! When God says it’s time, then it’s your time..Nothing can stop you!!! God bless your soul TY Bello.

• NaijaPikin

February 7, 2016 at 1:45 pm

I doubt he/she is a kill joy. More like a realist. I also said the same. What next for her? She’ll need direction, guidiance, someone to negotiate on her behalf. How far can TY and her team go on helping to change this lady’s life? It’s not easy to just come into money and fame. If this is to be a life changing experience, she will need support for a while.

She is a true beauty. And God bless the folks that have given her hope. That’s what life is about. Making a difference in people’s lives

• Royal hottie

February 7, 2016 at 1:56 pm

@halima, I do not think kilipot meant any harm with that question. And am so excited for this lady that am also wondering what happens after this shoot. I hope she get jobs, I do not want her to have any reason to hawk again.
      I pray she gets good offers and invest well.

• Corolla

February 7, 2016 at 2:03 pm

@ halima, how is kilipot a kill joy? We all cannot have the same thought process. If we all did then this world would be uninteresting. The questions she posed are very pertinent and valid. What happens after this shoot? Will any modelling agency sign her on? Is she going back to her face-me-face-you house? What happens when the hype is over?

Jumoke is a natural in front of the camera. Look at that picture where she is holding her baby! Wow!I hope agencies and designers will start knocking on her door. It would be fantastic if her story travels across the oceans, and international agencies start pursuing her.

TYBello should be commended for finding this girl and projecting her to fame in a timely manner. She gathered resources quickly and made it happen! I really need to stop procrastinating!

• Tamales

February 7, 2016 at 3:50 pm

I was reading on tybello’s IG page that she’s a trained hairstylist but didn’t have money to graduate. Looks like some big salon in Lagos is offering her internship for free. She also said something about pay porte wanting to put her on their next billboard.
      I believe she will be fine, things will definitely kickstart from all these avenues. I wish Jumoke all the best.

• Mama

February 7, 2016 at 6:38 pm

My dear… The God who located her on the street with Agege bread will start her career at 27. Can’t you tell this girl is walking in unusual Favor??? Her life will never be the same again! I see commercials and endorsements!!!

9. Diekolola

February 7, 2016 at 10:16 am

She’s so beautiful. All the best in the new found career path. God bless you TY Bello for the drive to bring her to stardom,

10. L

February 7, 2016 at 10:19 am

I see where you are coming kili pot, but I believe She can start her modeling career at 27 or whatever career she decides to go into and decide to stop when she wants to. FYI those She doesn’t even look 27. Who would have know this woman even has 2 kids. Olajumoke When Jesus says yes nobody can say no.

11. Wow

February 7, 2016 at 10:23 am

God bless TY for this i wish every celeb was like this, imagine what a safe place the world would be.

12. xag

February 7, 2016 at 10:43 am

Great story and I hope she makes a success of it.

13. ujay martins

February 7, 2016 at 10:50 am

That’s what happen to us when God opens our page. From grass to grace. He doesn’t call the qualified. He qualifies the called.

14. Adaeze Writes

February 7, 2016 at 11:24 am

This shows us that God has plans for us, no matter where we are, be it in the US, Sweden, Ajegunle, Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Mushin, Orile….wherever we are! God knows us and He will find us when it’s time.
    She’s so pretty and I wish her all the best.

For exciting stories on blogsphere, visit http://www.adaezewrites.com

15. omolizzy

February 7, 2016 at 12:10 pm

So stunning! Her beauty gave me chills

16. xplorenollywood.com

February 7, 2016 at 12:19 pm

TY u have done well for both Jumoke and for ThisDay style which was slowly becoming a vain magazine. She is indeed very pretty and has a warm smile. Who says photo bombing doesn’t pay!

17. Hanee

February 7, 2016 at 12:27 pm

Angeli to pin re, pin re kan mi o ??

18. Hesey

February 7, 2016 at 12:30 pm

Grace at Work!!! I hope she this is only the beginning for her. God will find you at your place of work.

19. Ifeoma

February 7, 2016 at 1:10 pm

She’s a beauty!!!!! This is such a compelling story, I will continue to look up to God cos I know my testimony will inspire millions!!!

20. mother

February 7, 2016 at 1:15 pm

This brought me to tears

21. o

February 7, 2016 at 1:21 pm

All one needs is a date with destiny….. So happy for her. She’s a natural beauty. I hope this experience betters her life and that of her family.

22. Mo81

February 7, 2016 at 1:37 pm

She was going about her usual business of selling bread, pls don’t be idle, always find something to do no matter how small, Realy inspired by ur story Olajumoke, God continue to take u places

23. enkay

February 7, 2016 at 1:49 pm

When favour meets hustle. Fly Jumoke.

24. j'suis belle

February 7, 2016 at 2:21 pm

when GOD wants to open a door for you HE makes even the high and mighty bow for you,i know that when they do shoots nobody is allowed but how this girl found herself there still baffles me,well thats GOD”s doing. Girl whether u become a model or not just be grateful cos your life will not be the same again GOD has certainly answered your prayer and heard your cry

25. lade

February 7, 2016 at 2:35 pm

Orisa ti guna oo. Wen God say its ur time it all urs,he wud raise helper frm every corner to come work for ur favour,so many lessons to [email protected] may d continue 2 strengthen n favour u

26. Dr.N

February 7, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Dem carry this girl preach for my church today O! #favour
    I think she needs basic education in her spare time. She already had an internship wt a hair salon. If she combines modelling wt hair and make up, she will go far.
    Cheers TY Bello and all those who saw the opportunity and took it.
    In d same vein, we all can be deliverers in our neighbourhood. Ask someone, “How are you really doing?” And mean it. Hold their hand and hold their gaze till they open up. You might discover another #Olajumoke.

27. Bubu

February 7, 2016 at 2:49 pm

TY Bello, always hits me as someone that is really deep and has a special grace. Anytime I see her or read abt her I just have a leap in my spirit. She has a calling even her creative side to me is more like a calling. I remember the Ekundayo story too. And the way she narrates her stories, she is one of those special pple might not be soo famous but she carries grace. God Bless you more TY and he give u more grace to fulfil the assignment.

Jumoke is such a natural beauty. When Gods favor finds u even the devil can’t stop u.

• Funmi

February 8, 2016 at 11:16 pm

You are so right about TYBello, she is such a blessed child I’ve read so many amazing things about her too. I say amen to all your prayers for her, she is really 1 of a kind.

28. Ss

February 7, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Y’all should see what doors are opened for this girl,BN update please, As a result of the buzz she got from this shoot,she’s close to starting internship @makemesalon,additional internship @sarisignature, that popular Lebanese owned salon on island, she’s been offered a modelling contact from @fewmodels, to top it all she’s had payporte reached out to her to be the model on their next billboard campaign. ……TYbello’s mentor has offered to pay for her accommodation and children school fees

29. kilipot

February 7, 2016 at 3:33 pm

My dear I have a life, and a good one at that. I don’t know why you attacked me with so much vemon when I meant no harm. Clearly u are the bitter one. If I didn’t care about her progress I wouldn’t have clicked on this thread talk more of commenting. Receive love this year in God’s name. Life is beautiful fa!

• Tosin

February 9, 2016 at 2:46 am

no vex. the person just didn’t get it, just went off like a rocket loool

30. Ebere

February 7, 2016 at 3:43 pm

Talking about “GRACE and FAVOUR”.God just gave her another chance to get it right, happy for her success……………..

31. Papacy

February 7, 2016 at 4:02 pm

I always tell people, you have something you’re doing? Be diligent in it, no matter little. You never know the day your own “tinie tempah” will come to shoot in your area.

32. ashadollar

February 7, 2016 at 4:03 pm

Olajumoke Orisaguna will EXCEL WORLDWIDE in Jesus mighty name Ameeeeeen!!!

33. Princess

February 7, 2016 at 4:21 pm

Beautiful story. We need more stories like this on the covers of magazines. Getting tired of same old faces

34. Felinda

February 7, 2016 at 4:33 pm

I’d love for her to start going back to school to Polish her English since she cannot speak English at all . Even it’s part time and weekends. Within six months she can learn something. Hopefully if her mom is there she can help with her children. Don’t just give her a fish, teach her to fish

35. Felinda

February 7, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Her story can be made into a movie. It can encourage millions not to give up.

36. MsTilii

February 7, 2016 at 4:46 pm

I hear this lovely lady has a dream of being a hair stylist and to someday star in a Yoruba movie. Good for her for getting all that salon internships, but Funky Akindele help a sister out and feature her even if it’s small part in your TV series

37. Tosin

February 7, 2016 at 5:28 pm

it’s a lovely story and we think she was hotter before the makeover even. nothing against the lovely makeover. #bless #everyone

• lacey

February 7, 2016 at 10:24 pm

Na wa o for your destructive criticism! You are so full of bile! How was she lovelier before makeover! No wonder you carry masquerade as signature!

• Tosin

February 8, 2016 at 3:43 pm

ok that was weird. you don’t like my photo or you don’t like masquerades or something. all those colours and you’re not feeling me. it’s all good. pretty funny though.

• Tosin

February 9, 2016 at 3:44 am

Ah, back to this matter. Here is my opinion and that of the person I was with looking at This Day Style: she looked so hot in the original photo, and she looked hotter before the makeover.
      Your opinion is that she did not. That’s alright.

The assumptions underlying this difference of opinion include this: makeovers make people look better vs nature is full of beauty, let that beauty shine. My aesthetic values tend towards the latter obviously. Our difference also explains why you (still, in 2016) place a negative value on a masquerade. Considering we came from villages and considering what we know about human creativity and the ingenuity that produced our masquerades, our religious beliefs, (and yes, generations later, this my own totally hot digital mask – every colour was a hit back to back lol), I would say a masquerade is a thing of interest and attraction. I’m guessing you won’t.

The ‘full of bile’ bit seems made-up. And the ‘destructive criticism’ suggests that I’m pulling down the second photo. Hmmm maybe a little bit, to advance my view of beauty. I’m definitely raising up the original photo. It is THE PHOTO. The other one is a photo.

I’m not saying you have to be so pedantic in future, but you know, say what you mean a bit more. Maybe what you wrote is what you mean, and that’s ok too, but I suspect it’s not. Next level. We learn something everyday. It takes a while.

38. Anon

February 7, 2016 at 8:53 pm

Zainab Balogun come and claim your sister. LOL! Six degrees of separation.

39. Olu

February 7, 2016 at 9:12 pm

I hope this fame does not create negative consequences for her marriage o. Her husband is a door technician in Ire. I know some useless moneybags will start making passes at her now.
    I pray this brings her and her husband the happiness they’ve always wanted

• Boladale

February 8, 2016 at 11:55 am

amen & amen, cause money is the root of evil

40. Doroanon

February 7, 2016 at 9:28 pm

I cant stop the tears rolling down my cheeks as i read Olajumoke’s story. Only God can order our footsteps to be at the right place at the right time doing the right thing to meet the right people. GOD found David in the bush as a shepherd now he found Olajumoke hawking her bread atimes i wonder if God sees how much i toil,struggle,put in my very best and end up getting little or no result or the tears i shed when im alone? Jumoke’s story just encouraged me,God sees all (Jehovah El-Roi-The God who sees) You are the God who sees me,Gen 16;13. Fam, lets keeping working diligently and asking God for his favour. HE WILL DO IT! destinies that has been written off would be re-written,the works of our hands would be prosperous.GOD WILL BLESS US#Peace :*

NB: Am i the only one that cried reading this story ?

• Anonymous

February 7, 2016 at 11:37 pm

I woke up this afternoon and went straight for the story and I shed real tears. My heart went all the way out to bless TY bello. Her generations unborn will find favour. Grace will continually speak for her lineage

• sasha

February 8, 2016 at 12:24 am

i cried and cried more after reading your comment
      im sure God sees our daily struggle and wants to bless us in a way we’ll never expect. cheers

41. Bim

February 7, 2016 at 10:25 pm

When God is for you tho #Grace

42. Defunke

February 7, 2016 at 11:44 pm

The most touching thing about this story is that we need to understand that we should not take privilege for granted. Just look at this beauty, if she was born into a wealthy or at least average home she wud look just like this on a regular basis. We all carry something.

43. Private

February 8, 2016 at 1:23 am

Now i know we Nigerians like to see us succeed. Supporting this young beautiful Mother shows how much we can be supportive of us. The Government need to do better because we can be better!

44. keechi

February 8, 2016 at 3:19 am

Mehnnn God works in mysterious ways! When it’s your time to shine, nobody can stop the shine!!

45. Kavam

February 8, 2016 at 4:40 am

This clearly a SET UP..in a country where artist FAKE their own death to get publicity and sell CD anything can happen. Am not a ‘Kill JOY’ am a pro photographer in Europe, clearly that photo was NOT photo-bombed from the look of it, it’s a clear set-up by the photographer. This is not how someone walks into a shot…it does not look like a ‘moment’ to me. Had she just left the bakery, why is TT looking at her like that, the sunset is obviously exaggerated, you don’t get such golden hour within a town centre. Nigerian are very nice people, tell them any sensational story and you’ll win their pity. Until I see this girl on the runway or on a bill-board, then…
    TY must be happy and smiling all the way to the bank courtesy of you lot very soon…

• Lady Mo!

February 8, 2016 at 12:11 pm

There’s a reason no one liked ur comment. kaVAM abi ki lonje, kindly VAMoose from here! I bet u didn’t digest this story properly. All that special effect (the sunset, tinie’s look) was TY’s touch. On another blog, i read Jumoke was hastily trying to walk past the shoot scene but TY encouraged her to stay and d pic turned out fab. Even if it’s all fake, at least a life has been changed for the better, that’s all that matters.

• Oluwaferanmi

February 8, 2016 at 9:40 pm

I do not know TY Bello personally but I know several people who do and this is not a set up if she says it is not. It does not add her anything to her clout and clientele. Iam sure there were several people there corroborate her story.

Why some of you like to look for an issue where there is none baffles me. cant you just be happy for someone else without playing Sherlock Holmes.

46. Hawt Talk With Tosan

February 8, 2016 at 4:59 am

This is the most heart warming story I have heard in a long time. Destiny…no one can take it away from you. God bless TY Bello for following through.

Side note, see her fine bod after 2 kids!

47. christy

February 8, 2016 at 8:56 am

her story is refreshing but she needs an agent that has interest in her person not in her money & it’s my prayer that fame’ll not taint her future as for her husband let me ask u a question men?if it were to be a man that enters into this unexpected money what do u think he’ll do I don’t care about her husband I only fear for herself, children then her siblings & parent.Anyways, may GOD guide her all thru’herlife&give her the grace&wisdom to manage her career INJESUSNAME.

48. adelegirl

February 8, 2016 at 9:02 am

Such an amazing testimony of God’s amazing Grace. Yet some will say there is no God. Only He could have orchestrated events so beautifully. I hope this establishes Jumoke and her family. May her testimony not dim in Jesus name. She reminds me of Oluchi Onweagba Orlandi when she was first discovered and won Face of Africa. She was barely educated and spoke very sparse English. Look at where she is now. I pray her husband is a good man with inner strength, not to be intimidated by his wife’s sudden push into limelight. Jumoke, please pay it forward o. God will strengthen you and give you wisdom for this new level. And to TY Bello and everyone who contributed to this testimony, you are inspirational people. I pray God makes me a blessing to others too.

49. Bee

February 8, 2016 at 12:16 pm

She’s also a hair stylist who hails from osun state

50. prince

February 8, 2016 at 1:29 pm

God bless you real good TYBELLO. This is what we call transformation. You gave her reasons to smile and laugh. God has made this woman to laugh and we are all happy for her.
    I am so certain that it can only get better. whatever they decided to do with her or for her will surely be better than where she was before.

51. M-Rok

February 8, 2016 at 2:17 pm

The problem with we Nigerians is that we expect every1 2 av dsame opinion as us. We start howling insults at any1 wit opinion contrary 2 ours. There are 2 sides 2 every story n bcos I was not there at d making of this story, I only get 2 read wat is written abt it. Whether I choose 2 blv it or nt shd b respected as within my right. Why else do I av a brain if I’m nt allowed 2 use it? Those who blv d story av reasons 2 blv it but they shd also respect those who don’t bcos whether we like it or nt, they also av genuine reasons nt 2 blv it.
    Only a fool believe a word can only av 1 meaning. I beg us 2 please learn 2 respect other’s views in matter even if they clash with ours. You can always have decent conversation.

• Tosin

February 9, 2016 at 3:31 am

since I’m here apologizing, I’ll like to apologize to you too. be a little patient with the insult-hurling folk.

52. Hassan Kunle

February 10, 2016 at 6:48 pm

This is a replica or do i say a copycat of what studio 24 did for one Indomie seller in Abuja. Check video here: youtube.com/watch?v=XHMjVTAGQ1w

• sorgeetz

February 11, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Kunle, its about lending a helping hand to a needy in the society off the street.leave copycating aside,circumstance differs. Lets encourage othets. Grtns.

53. sorgeetz

February 11, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Raw beauty and talent ready for futher explration in the world of showbiz. Grace to Grace tybello. I salute your ingenuity. Kusos!