Style

BN Beauty: Watch Lola OJ’s Top 5 Foundation Tips for a Hot Climate

Lola OJ

The weather is just so hot that this video tutorial from beauty vlogger and MUA Lola OJ is a must watch!

She shares the top 5 foundation tips for a hot climate.

Tip One: Use a sponge for application – I suggest the Original beauty blender. For an even smooth application use a sponge so you don’t use excess product. Do not apply with your fingers and rub across your skin, this often leaves an uneven and cakey foundation finish.

Tip two: Use a lightweight foundation – I suggest a lightweight or face and body foundation. For daily use you do not need to use a full coverage foundation, use a water based or gel based foundation for a lighter feel throughout the day.

Tip Three: Use a loose powder to seal foundation. Do not use anything too heavy and don’t apply any other liquid or cream product on top of your already applied foundation.

Tip Four: I suggest Mary Kay face primer. Use a mattifying yet hydrating primer.  It helps to smoothen and even out your pores for better coverage when applying your foundation.

Tip Five: Use products with high SPF (Sun Protection Factor). Living in a  country where you are exposed to a lot of sun, you must protect your skin as much as possible. Products with high spf gives added protection.

Check on it!

1. Blondie

March 1, 2016 at 5:28 pm

Everyone is a MUA now… issokay..

• ladyb

March 1, 2016 at 5:57 pm

everybody looking for that youtube ad dough. all na work

• lolita

March 1, 2016 at 6:41 pm

ikr, pls tell me one thing she said in this video that she didn’t copy of google. #GirlBye BN pls if u insist on posting youtube vids, give us people who actually know what they’re doing, eg. Shirley Eniang <3

• Patty

March 1, 2016 at 7:29 pm

Just watch the video and move on. Stop spreading negative energy.

• sandra

March 2, 2016 at 8:49 am

She’s not even an MUA, dunno why bella keeps saying that lol Blondie don’t be bitter :p

2. the gentleman himself

March 1, 2016 at 7:18 pm

Aunty Lola don’t mind them keep doing ya thing… fine girl!!

3. Bey

March 1, 2016 at 9:16 pm

In other News Mac Studio fix is now 11,500 at Mac in psalms. Wonders shall never end.
    Something I bout for N7,500 just when.
    This is d 1st time I’m experiencing dis dollar crap…….
    So much for “change”

• Tell me

March 1, 2016 at 10:24 pm

loooooooool sorry @bey Iz the dollar rate na!so be using it small small dnt apply too mush okay! It is well with the inflation.

• Cocolette

March 1, 2016 at 11:45 pm

Waaaat!?… eez to be ‘mizing’ the small one i have left

• Seun

March 2, 2016 at 9:31 pm

Maybe an opportunity to try other really good brands, I have been open to experimenting with new products since the inflation and I just happened to randomly walk into a store in V.I called Switch Cosmetics and their foundation was amazingly good. It feels very lightweight and has very good coverage .

4. kitkat

March 2, 2016 at 2:07 am

na wha oh. what is this banana powder.
    must i go looking for this na. all these vloggers and bloggers r oppressing me with makeup and perfume. i cannot afford all these things. somebodi once said eye pencil and lipgloss is enough.
    thats all the makeup anyone needs. line your eyebrows, eyes and lips with eye pencil apply lipgloss. dats ok. we cannot afford all these pricey cosmetics.

5. Dee one

March 2, 2016 at 4:18 am

BN nice of you to have written it out for us so those who don’t want to watch can just read and move along… You’re beginning to listen to us, lol

6. Hilda

March 2, 2016 at 11:00 pm

BN thanks for listening. ..we don’t actually have to watch the video. Just read and move along. And by the way notting she mentioned will really help in this weather. What I have leant to do is no foundation or powder during the day ( but of course when it’s totally important) just good eye brow and lip gloss then invest in your skin to make it look radiant. .then during the evenings when it’s cooler or at night when u are going out u can apply facebeat to death loool..

7. helen

March 23, 2016 at 8:56 pm

Lol @ inflation,dollar crap has really made things expensive,Mary Mary foundation is now 3k,imagine I went into a shop to buy my make up with 10k and ended up coming out without change,I tire,I just have to buy it just to look good,wetin I buy self,marykay,pro conceler,Tara eyepencil and lip gloss,angle brush and my Vaseline tone cream,I laff…