Style

BN Beauty: ‘No Wipes, No Problem’! Lola OJ Shares Natural Makeup Removers

BellaNaija.com

natural makeup removers lolaoj bellanaija april 2016_natural make up

Beauty vlogger Lola OJ is back with another useful beauty tip for us and this time it’s on makeup removers. She shows us how to apply, now she’s showing us how to take it off! Here’s what she has to say:

If like me, you HAVE to remove your make up after you wear it then this video should be useful.

Have you ever come home, looking forward to jumping into bed, when you realise you have ran out of face wipes/babywipes/make up remover?!

This is a very annoying experience, but luckily it always turns out well when you have products around the house that can be used as natural make up removers.

natural makeup removers lolaoj bellanaija april 2016_Thumbnail

natural makeup removers lolaoj bellanaija april 2016Olive Oil
Olive oil as we know, is a very good natural ingredient and not only is it good to cook with, it is also good for the skin! When used as a natural makeup remover, it can be particularly good for individuals with dry skin as it has healing properties and natural softening agents in it too. It really does leave your skin feeling silky smooth.

natural makeup removers lolaoj bellanaija april 2016_vaseCoconut Oil
Coconut oil is another amazing raw product that works as an amazing natural oil, it lifts dirt from the face whilst adding needed moisture to the skin.

natural makeup removers lolaoj bellanaija april 2016_FullSizeRender 4Vaseline
I know that most household have vaseline (petroleum jelly) as it can be used for a number of things. Now, Vaseline works amazingly to remove mascara effortlessly, whenever I wear mascara I used vaseline to remove it as I find it is smoothest method. However, I would not advise you use vaseline to remove makeup from your entire face as it is very thick so can clog your skin pores.

Other natural make up removers

Steam
Now steaming works so well!! All you need to do is pour hot water into a basin, place a towel over your head and hover over the steam. Not only will the steam loosen the make up from your face, it will also lift the dirt from your pores so once you rinse your face will feel a nice freshness.

Baby Oil
This is a good alternative to olive oil or Vaseline. As you can imagine, most baby products are extremely gentle on the skin as they are created with babies in mind.

Milk
Natural milk is a very soothing and light natural make up remover, so is great for sensitive skin.

I do hope these natural make up removers work wonders for you, as they do for me!

Watch The Video

1. AANUOLUWAPO OYEDELE

April 13, 2016 at 10:01 am

The time to turn up is my favorite

• Anie

April 13, 2016 at 6:54 pm

If you want travel size spray bottles( as seen in the coconut oil picture above) and travel size plastic Jars for an affordable price ,contact 08166243282.

2. Nne Umu Boys!

April 13, 2016 at 11:14 am

In this Nigerian climate somebody will come home and not ‘baff’? Then use oil to remove make up? I feel sticky thinking about it. I love love Lola Oj tho!! But aga m asa ahu to remove the make up biko.

• Angie

April 13, 2016 at 12:08 pm

I have been using olive oil to clean my face for the past 2 years, and it’s not at all oily. What you do, you put it on the makeup removal pads, then remove the makeup /clean your face.
      After that, I take a paper towel ( dip it in warm water) and just like a face towel I use it to get rid of the olive oil left.

On days when I have time, I massage the olive oil into my face ( keep rubbing it in for 5 -10 min)

3. cheryl

April 13, 2016 at 11:34 am

As in heen , i luv luv d turn up part, her body lang kills it all d tym, laaav laaav Lola dearie, keep doin ur thang

4. Xiomara

April 13, 2016 at 11:35 am

I get that Nigerian ladies are embracing the natural movement with full gusto and all…but abeg,these natural oils are not in any way light weight and would actually take more time in removing the make up than actually using old trusted water and soap. if you’re so lazy ,dab your face cleanser on a big chunk of cotton wool and wipe it all off i.e if you cannot afford face wipes

• Ore

April 13, 2016 at 3:56 pm

“Assumption is the lowest form of knowledge”-PWA. If you have not tried something out, PLEASE do not be so quick to knock it. I am Nigerian and I have been using coconut oil or Vaseline (when I run out of coconut oil) to clean my make up for over 2 years and it takes less than 2 mins to take it off. The make up literally comes off as if I’m taking off a mask. After that, I wash my face with my facial wash and moisturise however, if I’m too tired or lazy, I go to bed and wash my face the next day. Please do not knock something if you have not tried it.

• Bola

April 13, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Ore, or are you Lola? That you’ve been using Coconut Oil and Vaseline on your face as a makeup remover for 2 years doesn’t mean it’s right/suitable and others have to give it a try, it also doesn’t mean others will not react to it. People are different. Besides, your comment is quite rude, especially the assumption part. What makes you think Xiomara is assuming? Vaseline is not good for the body, talk more of the face as it contains mineral oil and petroleum which clogs pores. Also, oil typically shouldn’t be used on the face, yes Coconut included.

5. fleur

April 13, 2016 at 11:58 am

I am going to disagree vehemently. Use that Vaseline on acne prone skin and welcome acne. Use olive and coconut oil on your eyes and make sure you have access to the kind of doctors you need to avert damage to your eye sight. If you don’t have a makeup remover, please use your body soap, okay? Because we ingest some oils does not mean it’s okay to apply it every where. There’s a reason why the stomach and intestines have certain acids and enzymes and the eyes don’t.

• Abk

April 13, 2016 at 1:17 pm

Well said!
      Also, some of these oils are good for the body and hair, and maybe for consumption, not necessarily the face; unless of course you’re using Jojoba Oil.
      Use your bathing soap, and a cotton/soft sponge (get one that you’ll only use for your face) and then use it to remove your make-up. You can also use tea tree wipes or normal baby wipes. Or better still, use your cleanser and a cotton wool to take it out. I don’t have acne-prone skin; Thank Jesus, I however cannot use any oil on my face, My Mom put that in my head ever since I was a teenager. Jojoba Oil is the only carrier oil suitable for acne-prone skin, I still won’t apply on my face regardless. Y’all should be careful with these advises you get from all these “beauty bloggers”.

• Ore

April 13, 2016 at 4:17 pm

I agree it might not be good be good for acne prone skin but it does works for others and I am a testament to it. I have been using coconut oil or vaseline for over 2 years and they work.

6. Mama

April 13, 2016 at 12:13 pm

Wo!!! That bottle Goya na Anointing Oil Ooooo…

7. beauty

April 13, 2016 at 12:26 pm

Why not just have a bath!!!

8. lilly

April 13, 2016 at 6:36 pm

I wonder oo,why not have a warm bath and feel fresh at the end,instead of using some oily agents on that soft face of ours,i still cannot imagine why some ladies goes to bed without having their bath,it is gross though.

9. anie