Relationships

From Cheating to the Age Difference … Caroline Danjuma addresses All the Rumours that Plagued Her Marriage from Beginning to End

Caroline DanjumaActress Caroline Danjuma addressed a lot of the burning questions people have had about her marriage on her Instagram page – from Musa‘s former marriage to their age difference and the infidelity – “I for one knew that all men cheat … but there are limits to everything”.

Happier times...

Happier times…

See her post below.
***
Caroline and Musa Danjuma Marriage 1Now I am going to address this one time and that is it…. I got married to a man who was legally divorced for 4 years (fact).. I didn’t know who is family was as I wasn’t that sort of girl that read the news paper ?. Age was nothing but a number to me and yes I truly was in luv (it was my choice).

Ever since I got married it has been one story or the other and I have been extremely quiet and tolerant irrespective of the negative reputation it brought to my name (the price I had to pay). I never expected a perfect man and I for one knew that all men cheat (in the real world) but there are limits to everything . I took a lot because I believe when you truly luv someone you should luv their flaws first before their beautiful side. I truly luv my husband , he added so much value to my life . Nothing in life comes easy sometimes we go through fire and storms to mould us into what God has truly destined us to be. One would think I lost a lot but no I gained more, marriage they say is the best institution of life and certainly I could rate mine as Harvard of marriage.

Every single storm I went through only made me see a strength in me I never knew I had. It thought me to forgive before being hurt, to luv unconditionally, to accept one’s flaws knowing I ain’t perfect either , to be patient, hardworking , prudent and extremely prayerful … It certainly made me see the beautiful side of me and made me work on my bad sides. Marriage is not about changing the other it’s about finding urself and working on your own flaws. Caroline and Musa Danjuma Marriage 2Only once have I confronted a mistress and this is because she sent people to threaten me and kept calling my phone late at night telling me to stay away from my own husband ?. Well I have fought a good fight to sustain my home and I know I gave it my best shot .. Even though it is not in my nature to give up but sometimes you just have to let go and pray for the best. Everyone in life is fighting a demon some are lucky enough to have the grace to resist it. This is my family and I will never condemn him .. While you throw stones at him and call him names make sure you have no skeletons in ur cupboard. No one has the right to judge.

My purpose in life is to continuously be a better person .. Women slide through my DM sending me pictures and messages of their intimate trips ?. I read a lot and see a lot . I have chosen my battles carefully and one of them is not monitoring a man old enough to know what to do . The question is I see beyond what you all see, I see a man who takes good care of our kids , a man who has supported me financially, yes he might not be the best husband but I appreciate him in every way. No one ever gets a complete man. We might not be compatible as husband and wife but I am blessed to have him in my life.

I am not that sort of a woman who condemns and forgets the little good deed another does. Everything counts to me. So enough of bashing the father of my kids. Enough of calling him names because you are opportune a to see him in odd places, enough of the pictures. Only God has the right to judge. My kids sanity are my priority and I will do what ever it takes to give them a good upbringing . I am not a tree I know when to move till then stop being a spy no one needs it. You don’t need to bring out pictures and tag me, you don’t need to slide through my DM. I can handle my biz my self..

1. Ada Nnewi

April 4, 2016 at 10:22 pm

Maybe now some people will leave her to rest….

• Bade

April 5, 2016 at 12:04 am

At least he paid for her 90210 doctors. ?

*runs away*

• Ogo

April 5, 2016 at 3:28 am

Y’all should stop acting like you won’t get work done if you could afford it!

• Osa

April 5, 2016 at 12:43 am

IN SPITE OF HER SO-CALLED FOREIGN EDUCATION, SHE CAN’T SPELL THE WORD ‘TAUGHT’ .

I FEEL FOR HER THOUGH, AND HOPE SHE FINDS HAPPINESS REGARDLESS OF WHAT TURN THINGS TAKE..

IF SHE WAS THE ONE WHO CHEATED CONSISTENTLY, WILL THE MAN BE THIS RATIONAL? WHY WOMEN TAKE ALL THIS SHIT, I DON’T UNDERSTAND.

SO, ALL THE FINANCIAL ‘VALUE’ YOU CLAIM HE GAVE YOU BALANCES THE EQUATION, WITH ALL THE PUBLIC HUMILIATION HE PERSISTENTLY PUT YOU THROUGH?

YOU DIDN’T ADD ANY VALUE TO HIS LIFE? OR THE FINANCES WERE FREE? YOU WERE HIS WIFE AND THAT ADDED VALUE OF SOME SORT TO HIS LIFE AS WELL. HE HAD AN IMAGE TO MAINTAIN, AND IS UNDER ‘OBLIGATION’ TO MAKE YOU ‘MATCH’ UP TO HIS STANDARDS

THE MAN AIN’T EVEN A HUNK IN ANY REGARD. CHUBBY LOOKING FOOL

• Aretha

April 5, 2016 at 10:43 am

Osa, Osa, Osa … You completely missed her point (even with your capital letters typing)
      I feel for YOU! Please, get a life … She obviously has one (hence no time or energy to waste at blaming her husband) and she is taking care of it., HER WAY. You call it “taking shit”? I call it take ownership of one’s inner peace, or “choosing your battle” as she said.
      I just hope you do practice what you preach, as a woman. Otherwise, please take a few seats back, watch and learn.

• osa

April 5, 2016 at 11:27 am

Hello Caroline aka Aretha. Truth hurts I know. What seats? You yourself I would advise to jump off a cliff. #muguthings

• Lois

April 6, 2016 at 3:44 am

Why are you screaming by the way? Writing in capitals translates to like yelling.

• Na wa

April 6, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Lame comeback Osa. Go and sleep!! And also, next time kindly stop with the screaming – we are not blind and can read small caps.

• Ada Ada

April 6, 2016 at 6:47 pm

@Osa the latest nuisance on BN. Just like Cindy she has an opinion on everything.

• TO Osa

April 16, 2016 at 4:19 am

… and in spite of your arrogance – to wit, your Bini-English lecture, dear Osa, you cannot couch elegant English! For instance, you said: “IF SHE WAS THE ONE WHO CHEATED CONSISTENTLY, WILL THE MAN BE THIS RATIONAL? …”.

It would have been more elegant if you had stated it this way: “If she was the one who constantly cheated, would the man have been this rational?”

Again, your statement: “YOU DIDN’T ADD ANY VALUE TO HIS LIFE? OR THE FINANCES WERE FREE? …HE HAD AN IMAGE TO MAINTAIN, AND IS UNDER ‘OBLIGATION’ TO MAKE YOU ‘MATCH’ UP TO HIS STANDARDS”, is very clumsily put together…

It would have read better if you had put it this way: “Did you not add value to his life? Or were the finances for free? … He has an image to maintain…” [the maintenance of his reputation is an ongoing process, and not something in the past*] In addition, the ‘up’ in ‘match-up’ ought to be within the punctuation, with a hyphen separating the two words!

Incidentally, there ought to be an exclamation mark after your exclamation – “CHUBBY LOOKING FOOL” !!!

Educated illiterates abound Nigeria! Odi egwu!! Goodluck to you!!!

On another front, it is in your best interest to internalize that ‘hunky looks’ does not a good marriage make*

• Joy

August 1, 2018 at 3:57 am

My dear, an error over “taught” and “thought” doesn’t mean she is an educated illiterate. She simply made a clear statement cos these bad comments on the father of her children can affect her kids later in this era of social media sensitivities. Cheating is part of men and what she has seen with her ex husby has toughened her to take her decision. Let her decision be honoured please, and not twisted in a negative from. Men cheat, but we all pray the husbands prioritize their families over every side chick… simple!

• raker

April 5, 2016 at 6:20 am

Lol. She says “I see a man who supports me financially and love his kids” says it all. You married him for his money, I guess. One thing I know, rich men cheat a lot. If she had married a humble guy, not so financially buoyant but works hard, he would appreciate you more. He would see you as a gem. But rich men are often surrounded by pretty girls who are fond of ruining other people’s lives.

Sorry about your marriage dear. Marriage is not easy…we cant have it all: a rich, handsome husband who is faithful exists only in Hollywood movies

• bay

April 5, 2016 at 8:03 am

Any man can cheat,it doesn’t matter if he is rich or poor.A cheat will always be a cheat…..

• Voilet

April 5, 2016 at 12:19 pm

Yeah I noted that sentence too! smh…..I shrugged, thought the same and good thing some else was able to pick on that line

• Kymora

April 5, 2016 at 5:24 pm

Shut up poor men cheat too anybody can cheat …. I hear men get erection any time they lust on a woman, so a man’s erection doesn’t depend on his pocket. She married him for money so? All you lazy Poor Nigerian men are quick to judge women… So any time a woman marry a successful man it must be because of his money???? Are you saying rich men don’t deserve to be married . Or who told you with d financial support if she doesn’t have her own brain she won’t squander the money giving to her. Everybody needs financial support be it from d man you married or anybody willing to help. Most married and unmarried men cheat we ladies know because it is us they come to . It is now woman choice to either date another woman’s husband or not. Yes we have greedy ladies but it is not all the time women marry for money. A man whether poor or rich can do the same thing. It all depends on the man’s discipline.

• Pretty girl

April 5, 2016 at 6:57 pm

“raker pls not all men cheat and the men that cheat they Come from both porres, middle class men and the very wealthy ones so as a woman u just need to pray to God to give u the one that respect the oath he took before God and the people.

• Truth.

April 5, 2016 at 9:13 pm

NOT all men are cheats. NOT all rich (and even handsome too) men are cheats.

• Blueberry

April 5, 2016 at 7:39 am

They SHOULD leave her in peace now. To each his/her own. This is her battle. Let her fight it. Smh at those who send her pics in her DM. Wtf!! And the lady who threatened a married woman to leave her own husband…horrible!
      God will see her through. I have new respect for this woman now. I’d rather pray FOR her than bash her now.

• Yes oh

April 16, 2016 at 6:44 am

63 YEAR OLD CHEAT!!!!!!!!!!!? Odi egwu!

• John

January 6, 2018 at 4:38 am

Don’t like to ‘referee’ cat fights…..but @ Osas…. put a lid on the bile, please. You certainly aren’t being ‘elegant’ here, judging by your comments.

2. Kemi

April 4, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Sit down there until he gives you HIV!!!Fool!!!

• Ijebujesha

April 4, 2016 at 10:34 pm

She has left him as his wife but she still respects and appreciate him. Can’t you read?

• Ibiza

April 4, 2016 at 11:52 pm

Caroline has not left him! Stop spreading supposed conclusions.
      She did not say she has left him. She is still in their Ikoyi residence. For now, she’s still heavily dependent on him.

• kemi

April 5, 2016 at 1:13 am

Ijebujesha and co! yall need to go to specsavers and also open your eyes and read and most importantly use your heads!!! She has not left him!!! She knows she is a heavy womaniser but she is helpless and cannot leave him according to this writeup!! As someone said , she is heavily dependent on him!!!

• Ha

April 5, 2016 at 4:49 am

SMH! You’re the one that need to read o.

• Krasavitsa

April 4, 2016 at 10:48 pm

You obviously skim read or you didn’t understand her epistle. She said she GAVE it her best shot…., they may not be compatible as husband and wife…… and she’s not a tree……- she obviously knows the relationship is toxic. Him being a bad husband didn’t stop him from being a good father and she appreciates him for that. I hope you understand my interpretation of her story. Smh, some people just like to hurl insults for no reason.

• sh

April 5, 2016 at 7:59 am

” I am not a tree I know when to move till then stop being a spy no one needs it.”

• Bey

April 4, 2016 at 11:06 pm

Do you have a heart beating in ur chest?

• Hawtspot

April 4, 2016 at 11:12 pm

That is so unruly Kemi….dont talk down on another woman!

• Uc

April 5, 2016 at 12:01 am

Haba that is not fair… However if you choose to marry an Hausa Muslim be ready for another wife cause their religion allows it. This is not a case of all men cheat. She just has to be understanding of his tribe and religion. I am glad for the strong Woman she has become no need shading the father of your kids.

• Trace

April 5, 2016 at 1:29 am

He is neither Hausa nor a Muslim.

• nnenne

April 5, 2016 at 4:21 am

Polygamy is more of an African culture thing than Muslim religion issue.
      All Africans were originally polygamist until some people started realizing how incompatible it is with modern standard of living.
      It’s about time, our brothers and sisters recognize its implications… poverty, population overgrowth, violence , two much pressure on infrastructure like housing, schools, water and electricity.
      Most Muslims in other continents don’t marry many wives and don’t have so many children.
      Other Christians don’t as well.

To combat poverty in Nigeria, we must learn have only children we can care for. Politicians will steal less, if we they stick to one wive and very few children.
      Our fate is in our hands. It’s about time! !!.

• Faulty conclusion

April 5, 2016 at 8:49 am

Where did you gather that the said husband is a Muslim? Does being a northerner automatically make you a muslim? You just must contribute from your lack of understanding point of view.

• TO Trace

April 16, 2016 at 4:35 am

@Trace: who states: “He is neither Hausa nor a Muslim”…

TELL THAT TO THE MARINES!!! Lolll … Next we’ll be told that Moses is not a Christian name!

• Nahum

April 5, 2016 at 3:03 am

If she wants to sit down there and save her marriage, how is it your business and how dare you call her a fool? He takes care of his kids, he takes care of her, she has chosen to focus on the good and not let the bad destroy her home….how is it anybody’s business Biko, that you are calling her a fool? Grow up abeg! Some women choose to leave and some choose to stay, respect her choice and move on.

• .....just saying

April 5, 2016 at 4:25 am

Err! Actually the moment she aired this publicly, she made it our business

• Nija SA fashion Designer

April 6, 2016 at 2:17 pm

Hello Kemi, sorry but you shouldn’t call her fool. its her battle, her life, her family let her do what she wants to do. Y call her a fool? I understand that it’s hard and difficult in Nija and probably u feel she squanders her hubbys wealth on flimsy things while you can hardly buy a loaf of bread but it’s her life. Let her live it. Honestly I’m sure she doesn’t know most of u guys giving negative comments and probably will never know. It’s her battle. You don’t have d right to call her names, she was born of a woman and she is also someone’s mother. If we all Nija peeps are this negative and abusive, things will never get better. Pls don’t call her names instead all u can do is to pray for her and her family whether she is in it for d money or not, her hubby maltreating her all u have to do is to bless and not curse.

• Adwoa Aku

November 13, 2017 at 2:58 pm

lol….this is a funny comment…just my thoughts

3. December Wind

April 4, 2016 at 10:32 pm

Who started this phrase ,” all men cheat” , Really ? And what do women do ? Deal with it for the rest of their lives ? What have you women subjected yourselves to ? Is this what you teach your sons and daughters ? Apparently , the next generation would legalize cheating #can’tevensmh

• Toes

April 4, 2016 at 11:26 pm

Oh my days I was just thinking along the same lines…imma write the next sentence in capital letters to emphasise the point that

NOT ALL MEN CHEAT.

Damn. Stop thinking that all men are cut from the same cloth

• Franklin Egbuche

May 29, 2016 at 12:04 am

It says “all RICH men cheat”

• Lilo

April 5, 2016 at 7:43 am

There is cheating and there is piggery. In as much as most would argue that rich influential men cheat, musa’s piggery is despicable to say the least. We sha don’t see Femi Otedola and bukola saraki disgracing their wives upandan. Is Musa danjuma the only rich man in Nigeria?

• Bella

April 5, 2016 at 10:54 am

LOVE YOUR COMMENT TO A THOUSAND

• TO Lilo

April 16, 2016 at 4:41 am

@ Lilo … no, they are from the Southern part of the country, where you find the CIVILIZED, WELL-CULTIVATED NIGERIANS!

• TO Lilo

April 16, 2016 at 4:50 am

… Musa has demonstrated that he is of such low-quality…. its appalling – NO CLASS!

• Midday Cana

November 18, 2017 at 4:23 am

Abi o! As though cheating is a zero sum game where men win at the expense of women. So there were no women involved when the men cheated and women are perpetual victims. To the point that the other ‘woman’ with whom he cheated is also a victim. Abegi! make I hear word Nigerian men are just entitled bcos of the male domineering culture. We need a cultural revolution. (BTW I’m a guy so don’t get it twisted). I just thank God my girls won’t grow up in that society. Oshisco!

4. Josh

April 4, 2016 at 10:34 pm

Abi? She don talk am say she sef know, oya over sabi house wives, mind una kitchen!

5. californiabawlar

April 4, 2016 at 10:35 pm

Lol…So i read one of them instaquotes that said cheating is way easier than staying faithful and also that leaving is much more difficult than staying in an abusive and unfaithful relationship. So going by this logic, I would have thought the Harvard of marriages would think been one where both partners honored their vows. But hey! I guess trials and tribulations (even when avoidable) are more a sign of strength than when God blesses you with peace in your home; because He knows fully well that life has it’s storms, and a perpetually unstable one shouldn’t be one of them.

I wish you well lady…hope you find true peace.

6. X-Factor

April 4, 2016 at 10:36 pm

“I for one knew that ALL MEN CHEAT……This is a relative and not Absolute truth, surely there will be a few good men out there, they may not be a lot but somehow they exist, Secondly Be careful what you accept as “YOUR” truth, It sure may end up as your reality…..Your maturity rocks though, Godspeed!

• True Talk.

April 4, 2016 at 11:44 pm

Abeg oh there are a whole lot of Good men out there who are faithful. Its just that bad news spreads faster than good news hence the reason why these phrases exist.

7. shady

April 4, 2016 at 10:37 pm

@kemi I ask u when last did u visit an STD clinic. Ur mouth is well overdue for a check up. A woman has spoken from the heart, and I am sure many married women can relate to this. She just happen to be going thru this in the public eye. Leave her be or go walk in her shoes and see what it feels like.

• Women

April 5, 2016 at 6:25 am

Yes ooooh, we can relate perfectly!!! Some of us rather die in silence

8. oyin

April 4, 2016 at 10:40 pm

She talks so much about passion and purpose yet she’s so vain. I guess her passion can’t pay for her chosen lifestyle that she will do anything to remain with that scum of the earth called Musa for financial security. She’s even afraid to throw any shade at him so he won’t have to stop her allowance. SMH

• Omaa

April 4, 2016 at 10:57 pm

She doesn’t need to throw shade at him and it’s not about the finances. She’s a smart lady,what will she gain by insulting the father of her kids? It’s only a foolish woman that does that.
      Forgiveness doesn’t mean weakness. It’s actually a strong person that can forgive. So my dear oyin, cut her some slack.

• Bey

April 4, 2016 at 11:01 pm

Can you and all other women just cut this chick sum slack.
      Do you see men bashing eachoda like this. D average man dey will cover each odas misgivings till d very end.
      Is anyone above falling in love with the wrong man. Just pray you never find urself in such a situation. Marriage isn’t rltshp, you just pack up and leave.
      We shld leave her in peace to make her decision weda she’s leaving or staying. That is d best you can do for a sister. Support them whatever situation they find themselves. I’m sure she’s beat up herself enuf already.
      I am married and I don’t pray for such a man, but I won’t throw stones, bcos none of us are married to perfect men. I wld never never be happy or spiteful over another woman’s marriage break down or whatever she’s going thru.
      Have a heart people, and let’s support one of our own for once.

• Sarah

April 4, 2016 at 11:29 pm

She knew that her reason for marrying him was for the money, so no need for regrets. After all, she is living big and enjoying the best money can buy. Why leave the man, when he is her main source of income. Can she afford to pay $25,000 per term school fees? No, besides she knows that the minute she leaves him, there are thousands waiting to move in with him. It’s not her fault, it’s the Nigerian poverty mentality that has chained most women’s destinies to being married or dating a rich man.

• Aisha

April 5, 2016 at 3:03 am

It’s only stupid women like you that throw shades to their husbands, keep washing your dirty cloths to d world …haters like u

• Surely

April 5, 2016 at 6:41 am

Men throw shade on their ex-wives and current wives all the time. So let women do it too. Why should a woman be expected to respect a non self respecting philanderer? man worshipper kenan

• chichi

April 5, 2016 at 8:33 am

no be another woman she marry?what goes around comes around..why she no go accept it

9. Marian

April 4, 2016 at 10:45 pm

I hate when women say all men cheat. Nah! Your man cheats! There are married men/bf who will never cheat on their significant other. Cheating is a choice.

• Osa

April 5, 2016 at 2:31 am

You are correct.

“Cheating is a choice. . . . that a good 90% of men make”.

The other 10% are either men of God, or hold a sacred position or are sick in the ****, or are dead broke.

• Funmi

April 5, 2016 at 5:08 pm

I lova ya Marian… ur a sweet heart…yeah…, not all men cheat!

10. Mark

April 4, 2016 at 10:58 pm

“I never expected a perfect man and I for one knew that all men cheat…”

How can she say all men cheat? How?? How??? She sounds shallow. Just like her decision to marry a lecherous man many years her senior.

Keen observers know why her type do the things they do. She wasn’t the first, and won’t be the last.

11. aityutin

April 4, 2016 at 11:09 pm

Thumbs up girl. Keep ur man n damn d consequences. God bless u.

• Surely

April 5, 2016 at 6:41 am

Because of money… O ma seun o!!!

12. stella

April 4, 2016 at 11:17 pm

People should please leave this woman alone already. Caroline I love your courage and take care of your God giving kids. But I disagree with you on this “all men cheats”.

• Lilo

April 5, 2016 at 7:46 am

This woman too should leave us alone.

13. Cynical

April 4, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Caro dear, I am really sorry that your marriage didn’t work out…..but y am I in doubt about your story. You said you are not the type who reads the papers and didn’t know who his family is???? My dear,I feel you definitely knew who he is,knew about his philandering ways(ah ah it’s common knowledge), but you were hoping that all the Loubs and Gucci will comfort you and afterall you are the one in the house. This should be a lesson to ALL the young girls out there,money doesn’t buy happiness or peace of mind and there is no ‘winning’ with a cheat.

• Ariz

April 5, 2016 at 1:15 am

i don’t understand this your so called “lesson” ooo, how about you save it for the women who married for love and are killed through domestic abuse, upon that..no money sef..abegi!!!
      you are here preaching that she married for money..eh heh!..so freaking what!!!!
      The ones that married for love, are they enjoying better than her..hian!
      To each their own, she chose a path because she already feels that all men cheat, so instead of following the broke-ass, younger man who will upon everything still follow one small girl..and to add insult to injury, won’t even afford to pay your bills…follow the one that will pay your bills [at least you won’t be hungry…lool] I admire her, she is gorgeous and smart and also a strong woman.
      all those other desperate women trying to tear her down and openly sleeping with Musa…let them continue..after all…they can all share abi, his money is enough to go round..hian!

• Cynical

April 5, 2016 at 7:45 am

@Ariz,calm down. I’m not bashing her choice of marrying a rich man……I’m just saying she’s not being truthful when she says she didn’t marry him because of money.My point is don’t think because you have 10 cars in your garage,have only designer bags and shoes in your wardrobe and travel all around often,you’ll be happy. Choose the reason y you are getting married carefully and stick with the consequences.

• Truth

April 6, 2016 at 11:29 am

How do you know she married for money? How would you feel if something was said about you that wasn’t true? Don’t go about assuming what you are not 100% sure of. You can only take her word for it just like you would want people to take your word as well

14. Rose

April 4, 2016 at 11:19 pm

Wish I could give this lady a hug. Her words were filled with vulnerability and grace. I will surely be sending my prayers to you. It is hard when your prayers do not come to pass the way you want. May you grow strength to strength and may you’re beautiful children rise up to call you blessed. The Nigerian culture can be filled with Judgement. They are great at talking about others and their downfall.But that’s the beauty of knowing the God you serve. Human beings look on the outside whilst the Lord sees our heart. Rise up Queen..rise up and slay. You will find your joy at the appointed time. This season will pass. Most importantly you will find your worth. Far above rubies and far beyond what you look like. There is atime for everything. This is your time to become the woman you are
    …. Remember you a WOMAN first, before you are NIGERIAN. SO yes YOU do matter Caroline. Embrace all of those emotions. .let it all go.xx

15. Tobi

April 4, 2016 at 11:27 pm

Marriage is not easy. It is not for the faint hearted. It takes the grace of God, the patience of a Saint and a mature mind. No woman wants to admit her marriage is failing. It’s painful. I respect your humility and honesty Caroline. God bless you.

16. Nene

April 4, 2016 at 11:30 pm

I like her statement. How can she forget a man who lifted her out of poverty? How can she? Who was she before musa? She wasn’t even a popular actress, she was known for her relationships with musicians and her skin colour. So she better respect him.

17. lacey

April 4, 2016 at 11:32 pm

Really you do not owe anyone any explanation why you are married to your now or ex husband and how good or bad he is? It is a personal decision you made then and living in the now! Really all your energy should be on your kids and how you manage them around all these ish,as it is often the kids that suffer,especially you teaching them tenets of life,like you said he has been a good provider for your kids! We have a lot going in that country right now? What we need is developing our youths to enable them develop skills that broker economic development and innovation to power our economy not this kind of Wizzy, Davido and Linda ikeji ishes making our youths lose focus!

18. Engoz

April 4, 2016 at 11:36 pm

Infidelity should be criminalized. Since Nigerians like to quote the bible and Quran, I should expect no objections on criminalizing infidelity. I don’t agree with your all men cheat talk, but Nobody should be going through this since you were rightfully married by the law. So we need laws to protect the participants in the marriage. This infidelity of a thing tears families apart and it is more of social degeneration than even homosexuality as far as I am concerned. Married people in Nigeria need to be protected from the adulterer and his mistress. So a fellow woman had the guts to be threatening Caroline? Wow! I have no problem with the law dealing with both the adulterer and his mistress. For example, In North Carolina you can sue the mistress for alienation of affection. Culled from Google- North Carolina is one of seven states with an alienation of affection law still on the books. Both husbands and wives have used it against their ex-spouses’ alleged paramours. To win a suit, a divorced spouse must prove that a person acted maliciously to contribute to or cause the loss of affection in a marriage.

Also, The adulterer will be dealt with through a heavy divorce pay-out.

Something like this should be implemented in Nigeria. Some of these stories are darn too brazen for comfort.

• Osa

April 5, 2016 at 1:04 am

I totally agree.

The reason why men cheat so easily is because they know they will get away with it BIG TIME. “What will she do?”
      Its at the back of their minds. Some are even praying for their wives to find out so she can vex and leave “on her own volition”.

Patapata, if the woman leaves in anger, there will be literally 20 young beautiful desperadoes in line to hook up with him. Already, most men know they have that edge.

A larger proportion of unmarried people above a certain age are women, Look around you – everywhere. Its just rubbish

That’s why men dish out shit even in relationships. I read where it was Timi’s now wife who went back begging at some point during their relationship. The woman always seems to be at the receiving end of shit in relationships

• Yes oh

April 16, 2016 at 5:06 am

20 young beautiful HIV POSITIVE desperadoes in line…

• Tobigirl

April 5, 2016 at 10:47 am

I think the closest to this in our laws is Section 15 2(b) of The Matrimonial Causes Act allows adultery as a ground for dissolution of marriage. Also Secion 32 allows the petitioner to join the co-adulterer as a co-respondent in the suit (where adultery is the ground for divorce o) . You need proof.

• John

January 6, 2018 at 8:13 am

Sista mi, save your breath. Even our judicial officers are adulterous. A friend who lives abroad once recounted how, seeking to marry from the country where he had migrated, he was required to tender an attestation from the Nigerian courts that he was not married in Nigeria. Troubled over this because, of course, he had a wife Bach home in Naija, he approached a High Court Registrar with his ‘problem’. But the Registrar was like….which kine nonsense be that. Me sef get three wives. Abeg, bring the stupid documents mek I sign. You may wish to contact Senator Franca Afegbua on the outcome of her efforts during the Second Republic (in a Senate dominated by males with multiple wives, plus concubines with kids) to pass a law disinheritting children born out of wedlock. What finally was passed was a law recognizing the rights to inheritance for children born OUT OF WEDLOCK! Bottom line? Don’t expect infidelity to be criminalized in Nigeria any time soon. Before I’m pilloried, abeg, I wish to state that I am very happily married to one wife o, and have no “harem intentions” even in my malarial fever dreams!!

19. kilipot

April 4, 2016 at 11:44 pm

Dont make me judge u abeg. All men cheat???? Really?? Excuse you, NOT ALL MEN CHEAT, I. REPEAT NOT ALL MEN CHEAT, that’s a major wrong notion to go into marriage with. You saw all the bad sides and decided to go into marriage wth him thinking you could manage with other concubines.
    You sold yourself short. I am happy u have learn your lessons and are moving on.

20. Treseme

April 4, 2016 at 11:47 pm

Well, even though I have been around cheating men all my life. I know deep down that not all men cheat! I’m very certain and positive. There men who don’t cheat, doesn’t mean they are good though. They just decided that cheating won’t be their character flaw. Some women would take cheating husbands over what they have now.Goodluck in your journey Caroline, it’s not easy and God would see you through. When a man cheats on you once, it deadens your self esteem and self worth. It’s very painful. I can’t imagine constantly. You’ll be dead inside. Mehn! You’ve tried and you’re strong. My ex (fiancé) cheated on me with my so called friend 7 years ago. I tried to stay and work it out but I couldn’t. I felt not good enough. I had to leave. I have not been able to have a stable relationship after that. Any guy I date, once his attitude changes or he deviates from the personality I’m used to, I’m up and out. I don’t even care to know the reason(s) neither do I ask questions, I just assume his cheating. I don’t want that hurt all over again.Sigh. All these women that stay with cheaters have strong mind. Caro I wish you well o jare. You have kids abi and from what I hear that trumps everything else. Take care of your self and your children. The future would smile at you soon. It’s really a sad situation but all will be well.

• Osa

April 5, 2016 at 1:31 am

God bless you hun.

First indicator of a cheating bastard is that the attitude changes. The signs are always there

I love me women who cheat. They are never caught. Attitude doesn’t change. Movement/ schedules are not altered. Nothing to suspect.

Men should be given a dose of their medicine.

I can and will NEVER EVER fault a woman who cheats. Sometimes, if you are too chicken to walk out, keep your ‘sanity’ by doing same. he he he

• Mschew

April 5, 2016 at 9:37 am

Please go and take a seat! What’s all this jumping on everyone who comments on the cheating line she wrote. If you OSA want to cheat, then go ahead and do so and let us hear word abeg, rme.

• Sharon

April 5, 2016 at 3:41 am

“Goodluck Caroline” “children trump everything abi”
      You just came to throw shade. Get off your high horse and go and deal with trust issues Aunty!

• Aziza

April 5, 2016 at 6:11 am

You read shade because that’s what you wanted to read. I read empathy, resignation and hope. What high horse? What horse is she high on exactly?She even wrote she tried to work it out with a cheater and so understands, so I really don’t understand the horse you’re seeing. “Abi” is a colloquial term people use to stress a certain situation or a certain point. What I got form trumps everything was that children take away the hurt and pain, which if true as I’m a mum myself. People really see what they want. While she’s dealing with her trust issues, deal with you lack of comprehension or better still your negative energy to read shade in everything.

• nicky

April 5, 2016 at 10:21 am

Thats not how she even framed her sentence you psycho. Wtf is your problem???? are you that myopic or in a rush to defend caro that you cant read genuine empathy? You my dear are a nutcase

21. Benito

April 5, 2016 at 12:00 am

I only came here for the comments

22. Papacy

April 5, 2016 at 12:45 am

Sad that she went into marriage with the notion that “all men cheat” and had to live that reality. Even more sad, a man that has exposed his wife to so much social media abuse from his escapades. There’s more to being a man than “being a good father”. God save us all.

• Ada

April 5, 2016 at 3:37 am

Isn’t that how we are raised? Seeing our fathers cheat and watching our mothers carry on like its normal. some of you don’t even how many siblings you have.

• Debbie

April 5, 2016 at 11:41 am

Na. Maybe that is how you were raised. Your reality. Not mine. And not that of many others I know….

• Boys Just Wanna Have Fun

April 5, 2016 at 1:04 pm

LOL @Ada, you wii not kiiii somebody “……some of you do not even know how many siblings you hv”. WORD!

23. Marlvina

April 5, 2016 at 12:52 am

GOSSHHH!! I really dunno why people indulge and are nosy about people’s marriages. Marriage is between just two parties…the husband and wife. Whatever opinion anyone else has, should be kept to themselves. Even God has said what He has joined, let no MAN put asunder.

24. cuppy

April 5, 2016 at 1:16 am

A woman pours out her heart in a long epistle and all some people picked is ‘all men cheat’. They dissect it,overturn it,examine it and run with it…….jeez.
    This woman wrote from her own perspective,she could be wrong but seriously what the heck!!!!!
    Each day we discus depression on this forum and yet we can’t recognize it when it stares us in the face…..please go ahead,bash her more,pour your frustrations on her,push her off the cliff,drive her crazy,English majors,then turn around tommorrow and be symphathetic when you hear depression.
    Caroline is one fine,courageous woman.Every one of us has made mistakes.
    If you have the time be kind enough to drop a word of encouragement for her…..Thank you.

25. swagg1

April 5, 2016 at 1:38 am

Please who are this couple and what do they do? No shade , but just curious

• banana

April 5, 2016 at 10:57 am

pretend you dont know them ooo, but deep down u do

26. Dumebi

April 5, 2016 at 1:42 am

This Caroline’s quote of all men cheat has cause a debate here with us ladies on the ward night shift. my stand is , I would like to say in faith “”not all men cheat”” Would I bet my life on it ? hell to the fat NO. Let’s be honest how many of you women shouting not all men cheat would stake their lives on that claim. Would you bet your life on your husbands faithfulness. Would you be willing to set a honey trap for your hubby to test his faithfulness?If you can then you get liver o! Me I can’t I don’t know what bobo is up to when he goes to buy newspaper Infact when I can’t see him with my naked eyeballs I don’t know what he’s up to looool and to be honest I don’t want to know. As long as he pays mortgage, holiday booked, satisfied in bed,occasional tookings, am happy looool. No shading oh let’s discuss?. Caroline you go girl chin up, what wouldn’t kill you would only make you stronger.

• Ha

April 5, 2016 at 4:35 am

Maybe when he brings home AIDA to you, you will not only know, you may be on your way to the other side. Mscheew.

• Ha

April 5, 2016 at 4:36 am

*AIDS

• Dumebi

April 5, 2016 at 6:24 am

but ha any woman is susceptible to STDS now, the one who doesn’t suspect her other half and the cynical one. So what exactly is your point. Question remains can you stake your life on your hubbys fidelity. “Can you raise your right hand to heaven and repeat these words my husband has never cheated on me if he has may thunder ⚡️??strike me down right now” Even though mine has not given me any reason to doubt I still can not bet my life on he’s faithfulness o! Maybe my experience on a maternity ward has made me cynical. I can tell you storie that would turn your relaxed hair natural and grey in a second, looool. No shading ha let’s discuss ?

• passingby

April 5, 2016 at 3:24 pm

Dunmebi I laugh as I read your comment. I work in a sexual health and contraceptive clinic. My dear what I see there my mouth cannot talk because of Confidenciality issues. Hummmm naija women invite your hubby’s to attend sexual health check up with you 0nce every 6 months. It is VERY NECESSARY. I do it with my hubby. Some of the men I treat for STDS their wives dont know. The policy is to ask the men to bring in their wives as we need to treat couples. 99.5% of men DON’T. As they don’t want their wives to know they have being cheating. We cant disclose too. No laughing matter o, it is shocking!!!!!!!!. Please women Wise up. Sexual health screening EVERY 6 MONTHS. A stitch in time saves lives.

27. Anonymous Baby

April 5, 2016 at 1:46 am

It’s really sad that out of all she wrote here, only the one disagreeable thing she wrote + the fact that she married a rich man is what most of you want to talk about.

God has blessed me with a wonderful man that loves God and me so much that he doesn’t cheat. He even gives me his phone and email to help him read and reply all his messages and emails cause he’s not a good writer. HOWEVER, that does not give me the right to look down at another woman and bash her because she married a man that disrespected her.

When you sit down and type behind the veil of anonymity, remember that GOD sees you. For many of you here that are unmarried, you don’t know who you will marry, don’t think that you’re better or smarter than the women it’s happened to. And for those of you here that are married, don’t think it can’t happen to you, because a relative of mine had a husband that was faithful to her until their children were in university. Do not let the wrath of God (or karma if that’s what you believe in) to visit you.

I consider myself a 2nd wave feminist ie the “radical” type, and although I dislike the idea of women staying with men who disrespect them, I have to remind myself that it’s hard to expect women to do this in a culture that normalises infidelity; a culture where your mother, his mother, your Pastor and the rest of society will tell you to stay put and take the blame-as they did. Rather than look down on the ones who did, let us encourage them to do better, while APPLAUDING those who were brave enough to leave. How many of you would leave a billionaire? Be honest!
    Notwithstanding, Caroline’s essay was so touching that I felt like giving her a hug for trying and falling and getting back up. It baffles me how people can hate on this: is it because she married into money? After all, many of you here are always tapping and claiming anytime you see an expensive wedding here.

If you managed to read to the bottom, congrats Lool. Ask yourself anytime you want to comment or make a decision in society (from bashing to living a double life on Instagram): Am I contributing to/rising able the problem? Or am I preferring a useful solution. Thank you

(I believe I was led by the Spirit to write this. I hope it’s made a positive impact in your life)

28. Medy

April 5, 2016 at 2:18 am

Y’all should let the lady be, stop being judgemental!

29. Nahum

April 5, 2016 at 3:04 am

Wrong avatar

30. Standards

April 5, 2016 at 4:32 am

Poor Caroline, she got married believing that all men cheat and also with the belief that no man is complete.

While I believe no human being is perfect and really, who even wants to marry a perfect human who you won’t be able to match up to. But one thing is for sure, all men don’t cheat! All men don’t cheat!! All men don’t cheat!!!

Women need to raise their standards and stop believing and propagating this bs. Women be screaming at the top of their lungs in front of their husbands at partes that all men cheat . Girls, stop

31. Nwababy

April 5, 2016 at 4:37 am

It is not easy! God pls give us women strength!!!!

32. Mama

April 5, 2016 at 4:52 am

This write up breaks my heart. Please don’t applaud this. There is nothing good about the entire epistle. This is a beautiful hard working young lady saying she is stuck with a cheating bastard because he provides????? I have been married for 16 years and have put up with rubbish because I didn’t have a choice. I never worked after University and am too much of a coward to leave the marriage. We should all be weeping for Caroline. E no go beta for Musa Danjuma!

• sh

April 5, 2016 at 8:15 am

And most importantly, you should be weeping for yourself.

33. kemaj

April 5, 2016 at 6:14 am

When I went through her write up, i expected the comments to be different. My take home from the write up can be summarised as follows: 1, I know my husband cheats. 2, you have done nothing new by informing me. 3, Bloggers, girlfriends, friends, instagram followers don’t tell me. 4. Do you all realise I have kids that can read? 5, for the sanity of those kids ( as well as myself) please stop the stories, you are only hurting us more. The other points are just justification for the above stated point.
    So I ask myself is it that we can’t read or draw inferences anymore? A lot of women go through worse in the hands of men who add domestic abuse to their other vices and they still don’t leave for other reasons unknown to us, we don’t kill them, do we? Or is it because their husbands are not billionaires?
    The hatred shown here, is it because a large portion of us secretly envy her? Why can’t we respect her wishes and leave her to her decision while praying on her behalf that someday she has the strength to do what she REALLY desires to do in her heart.
    If the man truly cares for his children please note that her leaving him won’t change that. If the school fees is $25,000 he will still pay for it. The only thing she might loose might be the Vacations or the designer clothes and I don’t think she would have been with him all these years without some savings.
    When did we become a generation of people so fixated on bad news so much that we all stand on the sidelines applauding the failure of marriages. Commenting with glee on the issues that people face, almost like we have been waiting for the opportunity to say ‘ntorrrr’

LET’S .LEAVE. HER .ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’s her decision to stay or leave. She has family members and I am sure they would have weighed in on it. Let’s not push her to her death.
    My thoughts though!!!!!!!!!

• sh

April 5, 2016 at 8:17 am

Here we go again with the lame envy excuse.. How can anyone envy this? How?

34. Paul Babalola

April 5, 2016 at 6:30 am

As usual, frustrated Nigeria women bashing Naija men again. It is a right of an African married man to cheat and get away with it, the society understand, if you can’t stand it, go and become a nun. Any married woman that cheats and get caught will be shamed and get thrown out of her matrimonial home. If you divorce your husband because of cheating, 100 beautiful damsels are waiting to replace you, which sensible man will be attracted to a divorced or single mother, it’s only for the sex for such men. It’s a win win situation for men.

• Babym

April 5, 2016 at 8:09 am

Ode

• kilipot

April 5, 2016 at 8:16 am

Ko de nida fun e!!

• Sherifa

April 5, 2016 at 5:33 pm

Amen!!!!!!

• Teju TJ

April 5, 2016 at 9:41 pm

Amin Ase

• Bimbo

April 5, 2016 at 8:20 am

Paul, you must think you are still living in the nineties! Women cheat well now and are caught and still stay in their husbands homes. There are plenty women who get divorced and don’t get married ( just date) by choice. Infact there are even single women who have kids by themselves when marriage didn’t happen!men are not as important as you think, my dear.

• M&

April 5, 2016 at 9:01 am

Sorry to burst your bubble…its big lie that that no man will be attracted to a single or divorced woman! You sound so much like my ex-husband, this is exactly what he always used to threaten me with…the shame of leaving your matrimonial home, what the society will say, no man will want you again (old cargo, etc)…it’s all a calculated mental torture to keep a woman in bondage and continue the maltreatment. It’s been 5 years since I left…I could take the physical and emotional abuse no more, though I regret wasting 7 years of my life with him. And yes, I’m HAPPILY REMARRIED, to a non-cheating, non-abusive man who loves and appreciates me, with 2 lovely kids in tow, after being blamed for childlessness for 7 years! And where’s the ex now….not to be bitter…but no replacement (despite the sidechicks), no kids, infact no stability!

I know what Caroline is going through…that feeling of being trapped, and really leaving is much more difficult than staying, but the liberation you feel when you finally do it is heavenly. Ladies need to hold their own to an extent and be able to take care of self+children without being dependent on the man.

So stop please stop threatening….you may just be pushing her to her destiny! what you said for the man is also true for ladies…someone special may just be waiting to love her!

• NEWLY HAPPY

April 5, 2016 at 10:10 am

Your story just like mine. 7 wasted years but God repaid me with a wonderful man who does not cheat and loves me die.

• Ybbil

April 5, 2016 at 9:11 am

Huh???

• Bey

April 5, 2016 at 10:10 am

You always make such stupid comments.
      I pity the woman that refers to you as a husband.

• Engoz

April 5, 2016 at 11:21 am

And this here is why you have to be hesitant in attacking your fellow woman especially when it comes to marriage, men, marital status, number of sexual partners. Most of you women are too hard on your sisters. Look at what a representative of the patriachial society Mr. Paul Babalola thinks about you as if you are objects to be discarded like a used panty -liner. We can sensitize society if we become our own keepers.

• Tolani

July 24, 2016 at 3:15 pm

Really?? who on earth gave men the right to cheat? Where did the so called right came from, from the look of things I bet you must be cheating on ur wife to say this trash in public….and I pity that woman who is with you, cos u av totally disregarded the oath u took before God and Man…God forgive you.

35. emeka

April 5, 2016 at 8:09 am

Words from a cheating gold digger, calling kettle black

36. sh

April 5, 2016 at 8:22 am

Poor yoiu! You have the emotional intelligence of a5year old. Cheating is easy, try something more challenging like staying faithful and it will also save you from venerable diseases too. And oh, there are countless Nigerian women who hhave. Children that have been married off to loving Nigerian husbands. They don’t exist in your caveland? I thought sotoo.

37. chuks

April 5, 2016 at 9:06 am

Caroline leave d media alone .we are tired if you and your marriage issue. You married danjuma for cash.God knows and danjuma knows. Enjoy d consequence. Money can’t buy peace

38. Bet why?

April 5, 2016 at 9:23 am

Please Please Please
    Can we change the line of the comments and address this issue?

Why should you be a side chic, call the wife at home to stay away from her husband?
    Why should you as a side chic send a wife at home intimate pictures of you and her husband?

Nkem Ndem wrote an article yesterday about this side chic thingy.

Haa, wahala has come o. I mean why should you be sleeping with my husband and still send me the pictures?

The men are not here, let us talk to ourselves ladies (i am a guy though)

1. No more conscience?
    2. Don’t you know there is a God in heaven?
    3. Have you forgotten we reap what we sow?
    4. Hurting the wife at home more?
    5. You are already sharing her husband’s care, love, feelings, manhood- is that not enough? why sending pictures of your intimiate moments?
    6. Have you forgotten about heaven and hell?
    7. You want to enjoy now at most 100 years on earth with him and burn forever in hell? Unnumbered years . a miliion x million x hundred millions of years by another hundred billion of years as just the beginning of your stay in hell?

This is baffling, perplexing, stupefying, mystifying, dumbfounding, discombobulating

• Aretha

April 5, 2016 at 10:56 am

Ain’t surprised no one reacted to your comment.
      So much easier to insult and bash a woman on the floor, struggling to find peace and sanity, than confront those women partly responsible for her current ordeal.

39. Amh

April 5, 2016 at 9:29 am

You are all talking about musa. What of the dirty greedy shamless girls that answers his call? Some of you are guilty of dating married men. Some as bad as a newlarried guy.y. Nigerian girls are dirty. Greedy slutty wayward and very selfish. No morals. Most of the commeneters will jump on musa the dog. Even introduce him to their mum. At least that ghost babe married fani kayode the lout. All for lifestyle they cannot afford. Glorified hos called sisechicks.

• Bella

April 5, 2016 at 11:42 am

you don vex o! Easy na

• kele

April 5, 2016 at 4:26 pm

LOOOOOOOL! E say na Ghost babe.

The dirty greedy shameless girls that answer Musa or any other married man’s call are just that. Outsiders. Musa, however, is the one who vowed to be loyal to Caroline. To love and bed only her. In sickness and health and all that other nonsense.

Those girls don’t owe you any loyalty or allegiance. Hold your significant other to the vow. Not the outsider. Those ones are just lacking morals and laying their bed of thorns but they are not the ones you should face.

40. Mschew

April 5, 2016 at 9:53 am

I really do feel for her, and find her write-up heartbreaking. Having your laundry washed in public to the extent that you have to then write to defend yourself is simply sad, that her husband, no words for him. I wish her the best. She certainly has matured from the whole experience.

41. Las

April 5, 2016 at 10:01 am

Surely finding out why his first wife divorced him would have saved having to write an epistle?

• Bella

April 5, 2016 at 10:55 am

Yes o but you know how we women are, we always tend to think we can do better than the former or worse we even judge her to say she wasnt all that! See wahala na

• Aretha

April 5, 2016 at 11:01 am

I hope you have NEVER asked any one for a second chance … Yes, you must be perfect: you never disappoint. You always get it right the 1st time.

• Las

April 5, 2016 at 11:33 am

This is not a matter of a second chance. If she had found out why the divorce took place and had made peace with herself, i.e. decided to accept the man as he is, then there would be no epistle.

42. dèedee

April 5, 2016 at 10:18 am

As a man thinketh so is he ” the bible says …and you can never grow beyond how your mind thinks ..she entered with a thought all men cheat …divorced ? I thought she knew she was going on as a second wife ….Ah well ….. that sorta mentality ….is why we are here. …leaving comments …..
    It’s just so wrong to think negative whilst entering a marriage … please let’s change that mentality …Not all men cheat… “raise young men to be better men , so they will be better husbands and to create a healthy society

43. Tosin

April 5, 2016 at 11:04 am

Word.
    Like she said, no Harvard without some tough experiences.

44. Aretha

April 5, 2016 at 11:10 am

Ain’t surprised no one reacted to your comment.

45. Buymeferrerri

April 5, 2016 at 11:14 am

Loooool reading comments here and just wondering at the audacity of some Nigerian women. First of all Caroline is not the first or last woman that a husband will cheat on. Some women go through far worse than Caroline .This mans fault is, he is a serial womaniser. Okay what of those of you married to men who do not provide for their families. The women working 2 jobs just to support the family?( AND UNBEKNOWNST TO HER, BANKROLLING SIDE CHICK ACTIVITIES OF HER BANKRUPT UNDERCOVER SERIAL CHEATING HUSBAND) Those of you in marriages plagued with domestic abuse. Some women think domestic abuse is just beating. But it’s more it includes emotional abuse, financial abuse, in law abuse sexual abuse and other very unhappy situations. Women please check and balance your situation very well before you come out here pointing fingers and laughing at her. Sisi Caro yes you say your truth he added value to your life beeni ! Some women the only value they get in staying in joyless marriages na , the title of MRS SUFFERHEAD, IDIOT WEDDING RING ( they buy for themselves) plus all those FAKE happy family optics they share on Facebook and Instagram. CARO DEAR YOU COULD OF DONE FAR WORSE THAN MARRY A MAN THAT AT LEAST PROVIDED FOR YOU AND YOUR CHILDREN YOU COULD OF MARRIED a broke ass who doesn’t love you anyway. Infact you self for cool down small na, he didn’t ask you to go na just shift small for new shuchu to enter. Anyway now you are a free agent, you sef can decide to book first class ticket on plane to any destination of your choice , baba will bankroll you. All these ones commenting spitefully here will type their poision then go and cook the next batch of venom in their NEPA induced hell.

• kele

April 5, 2016 at 4:28 pm

Who hurt you? No really. Who?

46. Bella

April 5, 2016 at 11:40 am

Personally I think she should have said nothing from the start! why is MUSA quiet, A war is surely between two people and the fact that she keeps entertaining all this wahala from so called harlots doesn’t make it better, let them do and say as they please, Caroline . You need to LEARN TO IGNORE MY DEAR!! EVENTUALLY all this goes away and they focus their attention on someone or something else! They keep talking and DMing and posting all sorts because they know you will react! there is power in the word DELETE! My dear, your job is to ensure your children are well and taken care of ! I for one would never entertain all this razzness, my silence would have you all wondering kilode till the news passes and its onto the next one! abeg, would i be the first one to have a rich man that cheats! Haba but i would be the first lady to silence all this ratchets and public display of a personal marriage! She married Musa not social media! I pity your drama sha! e no easy! but this also compounds to your problems, social media is not for everything and everyone biko.

47. emzo

April 5, 2016 at 12:59 pm

She’s strong.she had beta leave b4 she gets infected with HIV.

• johnnywalker

April 5, 2016 at 5:46 pm

Emzo when was the last time you checked your own HIV Status serious QWESTION?

48. Mondela

April 5, 2016 at 1:12 pm

abeg she should take several seats…wat was she expecting marrying such a man.wat goes around comes around.

49. Mzphunby

April 5, 2016 at 1:20 pm

‘bet’ this Paul Babalola is a confirmed Idiot o. I usually ignore people like you and their comments. ‘It is the right of an African married man to cheat and get away with it’. M speechless!

50. Mytake

April 5, 2016 at 3:43 pm

I had a cousin living in london who has 4 kids with this hunky guy who use to cheat for africa. The cheating worsened after the last kid was born. The whole family kept saying leave him leave him leave him But she stuck it out and always responded, she wont leave, she is sacrificing for the kids and will stay and keep on praying. Well she kept on praying for more than 5 yrs, and guess what, after all the philandering and sowing oats all over London, My cousin husband is back home now, he has turned his live to christ, born again, deacon in church and he treats my cousin like a queen. on her 40th birthday he bought her a brand new mercedes benz and in front of the whole family apologized for all the hurt he caused my cousin. There was no dry eye in that room that evening. He is not just saying he has done a 360 and changed, he is proofing it with his actions. He is always traveling to Europe with my cousin for vacation , They have 4 kids 2 boys 2 girls, the kids are all grown now the first two boys are in university, the 3rd born (is a model in UK) and the last born is getting ready to do her A levels.. They are the happiest i have ever seen them – yet many outside the family do not know what really went on back in the day. And the bullshyt my cousin had to go through

So Caroline. I support you. The constant prayers and blood of Jesus will sustain you from all evil- you know where it pinches – stay and work it out. Continue to do your part of being the faithful wife and praying constantly and God will take care of the rest. One day he will just stop – i am confident he will.

Our moms generation who went thru similar thing stuck it out for us. The one thing am happy about is that you are not sitting home crying but rather you have a business of your own to sustain you and take your mind off all this nonsense. you are producing successful movies and doing so many things, no one wants to talk about but rather focus on this blah blah blah. Its nobodys business the decisions you take for the sake and sanity of your children. Do you – Caroline. Fcuk every body else and their opinions – they dont know you and are not related to you – henceforth their stinking critiques dont mean shyt.

• Manny

April 5, 2016 at 11:05 pm

For every one of your cousin, there are four women whose husbands did not and will never change.

51. Sherifa

April 5, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Thanks Bey for your wise counsel.

52. Words from an older woman

April 5, 2016 at 5:34 pm

I have read almost all the comments and I am yet again b*tchslapped by the hypocrisy that is the female human being. Growing up, if you believe that you are pretty, you hope for a prosperous man to commit to you. If you believe that you are not so good looking, you just pretend that you are only looking for a good man to love you. As you get older and realise that you don’t seem to be able to attract the type of man you want, you take to bashing women who attract such men, especially if they are beautiful, secretly praying for the demise of the relationship. Quick example, Olori Wuraola. It kills you inside to see women with men who can elevate their lifestyle while you continue pretending that you love having to work like a horse on steroids to pay for yours. You keep screaming about how you are a strong, independent woman who doesn’t need to take bullshit from a man, hoping that someone out there will believe you. So, you will find battered, ‘married to a broke a*s n*gga’, frustrated, even ‘I can’t seem to atttact a halfway decent man’ women sitting behind the anonymity of their phone or laptop to bash another woman and gloat at her misfortune. Do you know why? Because misery loves company. It helps to alleviate the pain, the knowledge that even a very beautiful female like Caroline can have man issues. Is it her fault that only broke a*s n*ggas seem to see just how lovely you are? And as for your ‘independence’ save that for people who truly believe that it is what you want deep inside. Because even your aunties, Wendy William and Mariah Carey have admitted that they work because they have to. That they would rather live off a wealthy man than work so hard. And these are women that can buy most of you pretending to have it all together and your villages. So please, enough with the venom. Evil isn’t cute.
    And as for those who say that not all men cheat. Yes, some men don’t cheat. But they are either for spiritual reasons, because he is in prison, is secretly gay so isn’t actually interested in women or his wife has bound him (I know most of you know what that means). Because this afternoon, in hotels around the world, you will find a whole lot of men whose wives and communities will swear have never looked at another woman lustfully, taking a moment to relax and get away from real life with the help of another woman. The question isn’t if he cheats, the question is actually if he loves and respects you enough to make sure that you can swear that he doesn’t.

• Manny

April 5, 2016 at 11:12 pm

“The question isn’t if he cheats, the question is actually if he loves and respects you enough to make sure that you can swear that he doesn’t.”

That’s the truth and nothing but the truth. There are so many husbands that don’t cheat but forget it, I can never vouch for anyone. When I have a male cousin whose wife absolutely believes in him because he goes to great length to cover up his everlasting side chic.
      There’s comfort in believing that one’s husband does not step out. But put ayilala in front of me and I can never swear to it.

• Tosin

April 6, 2016 at 10:36 am

Re: Manny, It’s not cheating. It’s stepping out. 🙂
      I think everybody should have that right.
      I think it’s greed that makes people want to deprive others of that right. (Religious dogma aside, if you have a religion, sure, stick to it. Not just when it pleases you o, Christianity says love first, be kind etc, don’t judge, personal holiness first before you start spreading your crusade to your husband/wife and to the public)

Saying no single extramarital hookup is like saying Uber is evil, but you’re not using the car right now nah. 🙂 And from a utilitarian perspective, it’s better to share than…(some people want to shoot the messenger right now)

Be happy, be good, be wise, do your best and leave the rest. This Caroline Danjuma lady has done her own (I kinda like her), you too do your own. Awon council.

• Na wa

April 6, 2016 at 12:40 pm

Truly wisdom is not a function of age I am sorry to say.

“having to work like a horse on steroids to pay for yours” — this your statement speaks volumes. Madam, there is dignity in labor.

• Amy

April 7, 2016 at 12:18 am

Yep and when you drop dead your oga will find replacement before your body is cold. Jack of all trade master of non. Abi oga DEY carry belle and breastfeed. Super woman on steriods. After you have over worked yourself and become bad tempered and older than your age Then you blame the man for looking at fresh specimen with soft hands. Mtchewwwwwww. Some women just ask for side chick mates. Some of you even bring the young house girls into the home to take care of oga and children while you take care of business outside. Abeg receive sense jaki.

• Gavvys

May 23, 2016 at 3:32 am

First off.The opening line from the marquee ain’t right on the possessive noun.It should read something like ‘Every woman(needs further definition particularly for older “woman) needs a plan for her life that dosen’t involve a man’ End of quote.Then on ‘….filled with so much passion ‘perusing’ her purpose’,Is that a typo meant for ‘pursing’ or simply (most likely the case it seems) wrong choice of word in this context?All the same the marquee tab sets the tone and theme for all comments,opinions,obvious fears,livid anger and frustrations,self-projections,cynicism,sadistic satisfaction(never works though),defeated insecurities,blatant hope,fantasies,latent transfers(preferably MTN share n’ sell),not so logical rationalisation(especially the subject/object of focus)-chose not to label victim,I’ll explain later -and little optimism that came thereafter.How does that figure is the first real insightful compassionate question as the opening line resonates the discerning mind.Does that refer to career plans(older ‘woman’ take note) or more elaborately purpose on earth a.k.a.calling(leanings to brethren in Christ with Allah Almighty S.A.W.).If yes then welcome to life since Adam and Eve(Adam(u) and Hawwa) including verified scientific evolutionary accounts termed civilisation depending on the context.But if not, then not even you know far-flung lesbians or the most twisted of feminists(female version of chauvinists and misogynists) would run on that lonely path of battle of the sexes no one known to memory ever wins.But since the marquee tab was apparently meant for the ‘straight’ women and female(the difference explained later) audience then it should noted that life is not lived in a vacuum not really,not even for the reclusive nuns.It screams of paranoia from the vulnerabilities and insecurities of a bitter female with bad experiences or not.There are better peer-to-peer words of encouragement and insights about setting the right self-standards and life goals than coming off as another misguided consequential case of zero mentality warped with “them against us” herding dispositions to life.Such as “A woman with self-identity and self-purpose as fruits of invested self-knowledge can only ever be complemented at best and contradicted at worst by a man of any shade,size and stash”.
      Further givings would revolve heavily around “older ‘woman'” as is indicated.At first glance the tendency for the social media bad habits is obvious with some smack of decency.Okay maybe.The use of the word female instead of woman is heavy on unconscious self-projection-here is what that means-.Ever heard of the maxim ‘Your mentality powers your reality’.Here the concept of woman different from a female is a metaphor.The woman being the complete human being of her assigned gender by virtue of ‘getting it together’ not really bound by conventionally assigned roles but mainly by natural tendencies,interests,motivations,hobbies.She then seeks of her own rhythm from the inner yearnings.These things are largely natural,human and historic.Here some of you call it being exposed,educated or civilised which all hold valid points for informative purposes.That is where most modern realistic celebrated women activists(yes not feminists) draw their wisdom and strenght from.And this by the way with love and cherished respect does not include mentioned vivacious Wendy Williams and gorgeous Mariah Carey.Everyone is not cut out for Everything.Leaders are born mostly not made.Does Beyonce ring a bell.FYI Ms. Carey calls herself a fan of Queen B(sorry Lil’ Kim still love that hip-hop queen) on record.You can check out what Ms. Williams has said about Queen B too herself who though known for her “shades” on Hollywood folks(that’s her job(tabloid on Tv from radio. imagine- which she seems to love),she has been known to spare warm comments about B which often potrays or rather betrays her concerns about issues like women empowerment and role playing.Your nigerian example is really where it spiralled out of control and kind of unknowningly conyradicted the opening marquee.Which gave more indication that it is you behind this very blogosphere who posed behind your alter ego to express your deep fears,contrived disappointments and insecurities really thinly veiled lash out/ reach out to your male folk.On one hand your nigerian example is more reason for this whole quasi-therapy space if it can be called that with just another subject matter in focus.In life(no need to qualify with real or not) you cannot repeat cannot have your cake,stump it,spit on it,smash it,kick it,run with it and expect to have it at the end of the day and then take it home with your in tact.You have to be introspective enough to know and tell yourself that it’s Divine when that exception to the natural order happens.Again this is natural,it’s human beyond assigned gender roles.Defensive coping mechanism are aligned with the usually denied selfish and self-destructive notions like ‘rather misery in a rolls-royce than headache on a horseback’ as echoed by you and a lot of your blogzens.As you make your bed so you lie on it for the most part.The rest are things beyond your control.The spiritual concept of the Great Maker is not to favor who plays the victim most but to do in the human lives he chooses to manifest that which ultimately uplifts His Divine subjects to His joyous glory.This at this point is for his flock who he has already acknowledged which is not bestowed by mere mention of his name.That is Hypocrisy as you mentioned and that is what separates the mature from the adult(age attributed) or women from anatomical females.Truth it is known is the only key that sets you free.But in the face of all of that you decide to ‘try your luck’, well try to live and learn from the lemons direct from your choices and don’t paint a different picture.It’s called self-deception.Disappointments has never been known to be framed by pocket sizes especially in the man-woman affair.It has happened to the most endowed both ways from time immemorial.Enough said.

• Ugegbe imo state

September 29, 2016 at 12:23 am

Black women sick with stokholm syndrome is ever so real. They will always be at the bottom of the totem pole. Accepting oppression because how comfortable life will be during and after the oppression is sickening. Do you notice around the world that men do not play fair? They wa t someone to be subservient but cannot do so themselves. I have never heared black women plotting, scheming, lieing, stepping on people head for their own betterment. Yet those same women will let others do it to them. This slave mentality is just nauseating.

53. missjones

April 6, 2016 at 1:48 am

I don’t even know why Mrs Caroline thinks we need to know her opinion on her marriage. Whether she married for love or money will not reduce the price of fuel. I just hope she doesn’t catch HIV cos by that time, the drumbeat will change!
    Even some animals are good fathers!

• passingby

April 6, 2016 at 8:49 am

Mrs Jones you sound bitter ni. So you have to throw in HIV . Make I ask you. Since it seems you are very HIV aware.
      1. Do yo insist on checking the HIV status of new boyfriends and then RE TESTING every 3 months
      2. If you are married do you insist on sexual health check up with the husband every 3-6 months
      3. Do you insist on using a condom if hubby or boyfriend refuse testing (ONLY A MAN WITH SOMETHING TO HIDE WILL REFUSE)
      4. Miss Jones do you even know your genotype and if you are AS insist on finding out the Genotype of prospective suitors.
      Dear miss joke if you answer these questions true fully and you answer NO to ANYONE of them as long as your partner is a Nigerian then my dear you are AT RISK and should be tested ASAP.
      On the other hand if you are a virgin and have never Even KISSED A GUY/ GIRL then you are exempt from HIV testing if you have Kissed then you might need SWABS for ORAL Gonorrhoea . I hope you find this
      Free friendly sexual health advise useful in planning future relationships and in maintain your sexual health in current ones. As hopefully you can decipher every nigerian woman(not just sis caroline) is at risk of contacting STDS

• Tosin

April 6, 2016 at 10:38 am

I love passingby’s advice o.
      It is best to be safe. And please don’t ever think you know that somebody is monogamous and/or clean. Do not deceive yourself any more after reading this. 🙂

54. CelibateTillMarriage

April 6, 2016 at 2:10 am

Nobodys OPINION COunts
    All of you your OPINIONS ARE BULLSHT
    THE ONLY PERSON WHOSE OPINION AND ADVICE COUNTS IS GOD
    CAROLINE – CONTINUE TO TALK TO GOD AND GOD ONLY
    TELL ALL THESE FOLKS TO SHUV THEIR ADVICE UP THEIR ANUS.

55. firstlady

April 6, 2016 at 6:24 pm

Such wisdom from a young Lady….Darl’ if you need to talk about your husband;direct it to God in prayers and your Mother is also there for you……never discuss about your hubby with friends or on social media. The Lord will give you strength n peace.

56. Azazelle

April 11, 2016 at 12:54 pm

Okay, so many monopolar ways of thinking here. First of all, whether she married him for money or not shouldn’t really be any reason to castigate her. People have married for less- great abs, great eyes, she’s fair skinned, he’s tall dark and handsome… That being said, the fact a man is poor doesnt automatically mean he’s going to be faithful or treat a woman right. Many of the young married men at my office who earn less than 400k a month have girlfriends/side-chicks/squeezes by the barrel. Cut her some slack; she may have truly loved him and is genuinely mourning the failure of her marriage.
    The fact she doesnt hate the man or want to bash him in public may have absolutely nothing to do with his money- many broke chicks married to broke men also want to preserve their marriage or relationship with their kid’s father. It’s called being civil and considering the emotional wellbeing of the kids who would be devastated to see their parents at war in public. Most women dont want that for their kids.
    As for those hiding behind the whole “you will soon catch an “STD”, how many unhappy couples do you think are still having sex? Even the happy ones find it difficult to rouse that enthusiasm after being married for years with kids and a full schedule. Most of the people who actually crave regular sex are those who arent getting any, go figure.
    Declaring war or your ex, doesnt benefit anyone, it’s not needed.

57. Onyii

May 23, 2016 at 7:07 am

Its one thing for a man to cheat and another thing for a man to love and respect you. A man who loves and respect you will keep his cheating habit under control and his mistress will dare not call you up. And mind you not all men cheat. It seems you knew he was a cheater before marriage and you still married him. Madam, if you don’t want the public to comment then keep your issue to yourself and away from the media, its a very sensitive issue and too private. And a 63 years old man still cheating?. Maybe you are waiting until dementia kicks in.. Look how beautiful you are. Where is your self esteem?. And you knew nothing about his ex wives?. women!.. Na wa oo. Abeg you married for money biko. Mrs luxury lifestyle ,you owe no one an explanation .Its your choice!

58. MamaD

May 29, 2016 at 12:36 am

My own is, I need her plastic Surgeon’s contact. Whoever it is did a wonderful job. She gat it and flaunting it good on IG.

59. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

June 25, 2016 at 10:51 am

If a man loves you – he is not allowed and not supposed to cheat on you. He will practice self – control when it comes to other women. Because he took a vow before God during the wedding; and now there’s the marriage.

God hates divorce. But Jesus Christ allowed for them to have a certificate of divorce because of their stubbornness, this is accounted for in the Bible.

I am not Caroline Ekanem Danjuma’s friend. I haven’t met her. I know her as a Nigerian actress. Marriage is difficult. I am single. But I have observed that marriage is difficult.

Caroline Ekanem Danjuma, take care.

60. Ugegbe imo state

September 29, 2016 at 12:08 am

Alot of black people have slave mentality. The ones who have the worst case of it is black women. They are always willing to be subjugated. In the other hand i hope this woman took him to the rinsers. Oh i forgot this is nigeria and men dont pay women when they have emotionally damaged them. In America half to one third of his wealth would be given to her if she had a good divorce lawyer.