Scoop

Wendy Williams gets called out for “Throwing Shade” at Holly Robinson Peete’s Family Show

Wendy-Willaims-Holly-Robinson-Peete-April-2106-BellaNaija

There was some “shade” thrown on Friday edition of  ‘Wendy Williams Show’  and Actress, Holly Robinson Peete has come out to address it.

Wendy Williams was discussing rumors of Victoria Beckham and David Beckham getting a reality show and she was of the opinon that it wasn’t the best idea because the “bar has been set so high” and people “like to see dysfunction and fighting and discourse.”

She then moved on to  Holly’s newest reality show titled ‘For Peete’s Sake’.

Here’s what Wendy said:

“Holly, Rodney, You know I love you Peetes. I tried but I got to tell you something. There’s no place on TV anywhere it seems for shows like this,” she explained. “The bar has been risen. Ms. Peete is 80 years old, she’s dating, she’s cute but no one cares.”

“Holly’s got the cute kids with Rodney. They’ve been married forever, but I don’t think people care,” she continued. “That’s sad for us, for TV watchers. Not for people who try to keep it together and be family and be good examples. That’s all.”

Watch the video here:

Holly went on to Twitter to reply Wendy and express her views:

“Dear @WendyWilliams #ForPeetesSake is resonating deeply esp w special needs #autism families. I know positivity isn’t your thing but it’s OK,” she tweeted. “If u think #ForPeetesSake’s only about cute kids n 80 year mom dating then u didn’t watch it. spraying #shade repellent on you.”

She cryptically added, “When negative people try to pointlessly attack your positivity it’s only a sad commentary on their own inner darkness. Amen? #ForPeetesSake.”

Holly’s best Friend, Actress Leah Remini also weighed in on the matter:

Photo Credit: Getty Images/ Noel Vasquez | Earl Gibson III

1. zeezee

April 24, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Wendy saying it like she sees it. Holly and Leah shouldn’t take the bait or na them go tire. Wendy and Linda Ikeji should be friends – making money from shading celebs and keeping me entertained.

2. Osa

April 24, 2016 at 2:44 pm

This Wendy woman is what my Yoruba side people would call ‘ONIJOGBON’

3. Bey

April 24, 2016 at 2:55 pm

I’m just waiting on an expose on Wendy husband one day. Lollll
    But any1 dat gets mad at Wendy is just wasting dere time. She’s d queen of shade……….. To think when I started watching Wendy I actually thot she was a tranny like RuPaul.

• le coco

April 24, 2016 at 7:52 pm

Even if people expose the husband.. notin spoil.. Wendy knows .. and she chooses to stay.. she has even spoken about his infidelity quite a few times.. so… notin spoil

4. Mabel

April 24, 2016 at 3:20 pm

I was under the impression that Wendy was saying the show is so clean and wholesome there is no place for it to fit in with the ratchetness and crudeness that dominates reality TV. I personally don’t watch reality shows so who knows.

• le coco

April 24, 2016 at 7:54 pm

thats what she was saying oo I watched the episode.. Wendy wasn’t throwing shade.. she was saying that the peetes much like the Beckham have no business in reality TV because their family epitomises the wholesome “family next door” … but because these people don’t knw hw to comprehend thy r trying to come for her

5. bebe

April 24, 2016 at 5:22 pm

when did leah and tom date pls? @bellanaija

6. Sandra

April 24, 2016 at 9:38 pm

I think the show is wonderful ,my son is on the autism spectrum and she (Holly) was enlighten my whole family on this subject. Thank You Mrs.Robinson-Peete

7. John Chukwu

April 24, 2016 at 11:15 pm

She still smoking crack?

8. jennifer

April 25, 2016 at 1:50 am

Wendy….how you doinnn…?

9. NIRA

April 25, 2016 at 11:28 am

Of all the lovely pics Wendy has, this is the one BN chose to use. Wendy…how you doin’?

10. Ah_Hah

April 25, 2016 at 2:23 pm

I tell you what nobody really cared about . That tired laughable z league biopic shot about Wendy’s disheveled mess of a life. That tragedy got shelved like her face did. It looked as messy as she is lol.

11. Lisa Bullard

April 26, 2016 at 11:10 pm

I love for Pete Sake I have always enjoyed you has an actress and wondered why you weren’t on television any more! I love the pretty color blouses you were please tell me were I can purchase some colorful stylish tops!

12. Lisa Bullard

April 26, 2016 at 11:13 pm

Please tell me where I can purchase some colorful stylish tops like you wear I love them!

13. CzK

May 8, 2016 at 8:56 pm

I absolutely love the show! Such an inspiration to many positive families