Relationships

“Most men of today are the weaker sex” – Charly Boy

Charly Boy

Veteran musician Charly Boy has started his marriage counseling services and according to him one thing he has been able to conclude so far is that most men of today are the weaker sex.

He shared his thoughts via a Facebook post. See below.

From my marriage counselling experience, I have come to the conclusion that most men of today are the weaker sex, at least emotionally.
How many of us can control our emotions that we resort to using our wives as punching bags, abusing alcohol, or other methods of lashing out because we are not emotionally strong enough to hold our cool.
A lot of us can’t keep up with both working a full time job and managing a household, raising children to the extent that women do everyday. I know some of you would say, that’s not a man’s department.
I have come to the conclusion that we need women more than the women need us. If not for our money or our sperm, women really have no real need for us.
Men are big babies because they always want everything to be about them and the women know this and know how to massage/manipulate our ego.
Most men can’t really control their sexual urge, that’s why some of us can have sex even with our housemaids or anything in skirts.
Male death rates are greater than comparable to female rates for almost all major causes of death. Men die younger from heart disease, cancer, stroke, chronic lung diseases, infections. Men are also much more likely to commit suicide than women and have a greater chance of being murdered or dying in an accident.
Abegi, this is just my take. How Una see this matter, because heavy wahala dey ground o!!!!!!

1. codee

May 9, 2016 at 7:17 am

crazy but true

2. Apples

May 9, 2016 at 7:21 am

He’s definitely right about that, only the few God fearing men out there can take care of their family, the rest are bunch of idiots!!!!!

• Md

May 9, 2016 at 8:30 am

Agreed, The rests like your father, brother and son are bunch of idiots

3. Tolu

May 9, 2016 at 7:23 am

Area father,your personal life experiences is not a good model to use,most men I know that are real men,not she-men,are responsible,disciplined,emotionally stable and above all Godfearing,

4. John

May 9, 2016 at 7:38 am

I have come to the conclusion that we need women more than the women need us. If not for our money or our sperm, women really have no real need for us……………………..pls, if not for sex, men won’t need women at all …what for?seriously, what for? Not even for children ( unless a male one in some cases)… men can stay with themselves hapilly and build a civilization.women really can’t,whenever a group of men are haVing trouble , check well,it is always their ego over women or religion. .. .men are the ones that keep the world running, they can build ,they can innovate, they can manufacture, they can think logically . ..Charley boy or Charlie weirdo is just trying to pander to the women folks and telling them what they want to hear and most women are too emotionally stupid to read between the lines

• ejay

May 9, 2016 at 7:53 am

Really,….just negodu

• Mama Ijebu

May 9, 2016 at 8:01 am

Lol… You okay???

• le coco

May 9, 2016 at 8:14 am

If men dont need women.. why is it that a widower finds a new wife within months of his wife’s passing.. why is it that a divorcee gets re-married within months? a woman can remain a widow for the rest of her life and is able to cope. The millions of single mothers out there raising children is enough proof that aside sperm donation, women can truly do without men… playing the role of both mother and father.. and raising strong indipendent children, bringing in an income, teaching her children.. Men cannot.. please let the men start giving birth to each other now!!..

• John

May 9, 2016 at 8:28 am

1) for sex as I mentioned early above
      2) family pressure

• John

May 9, 2016 at 3:52 pm

@comment ..Don’t mind them, they are only cursing themselves, they were rejoicing and supporting Charlie weirdo that men are weak and only use for sperm..then I turn it around and they no longer find it funny … .hypocritical, frustrated, bitter women.

• Californiabawlar

May 9, 2016 at 10:16 am

Lmaoo! On Mother’s Day? I read your comment and remembered that nasty comment from when I was in the streets…if no be say I don repackage myself I’ll say iya e ti f’obo jona…but as I don change na, I’ll keep it moving.
      Wait again…Women are only good for sex and ‘sometimes’ male children??!! I have officially read it all ?? Your condition is congenital…it has to be. I therefore pray that any useless ungrateful children hanging around in my ovaries obey gravity and shed away before they can be fertilized in Jesus name! You’ll would have been well worth the cramps.

• whocares

May 9, 2016 at 10:39 am

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Iya e ti fobo jono. lmaooooooooo. Let me translate: she said that your mother has used her vagina to burn fire ie she just wasted a good vagina pushing you out.. instead of exerting all that energy in birthing you, it would have been well spent on other err pleasurable vaginal exercises.. so you sha wasted the woman’s effort and time sha.

May 9, 2016 at 11:08 am

John is obviously not right in what He said and you are not right as well, because of a shared opinion you both are making nasty comments. Abeg oh be careful what kind of prayers and comments you offer.

• Amanda

May 9, 2016 at 9:36 pm

LMAO @ iya e ti f’obo jona. It’s been a while since I heard that phrase.

• le coco

May 9, 2016 at 12:55 pm

family pressure is not enough reason to NEED a man.. neither is it valid.. and sex isnt either.. Oga if women absolutely needed men.. sex toy manufacturers would be out of business.. yet they are thriving.. so your point?

• John

May 9, 2016 at 3:54 pm

U dont get it..who are the manufactures of those sex toys..MEN, everything you use as a woman is build and manufactured by men..even your bra was designed by a man

• Jade

May 9, 2016 at 1:02 pm

John, if not for your mama, a woman that pulled you out of her vagina, you won’t be here spewing rubbish. Or was it your dad(a man) that carried you for 9-10months. I’m not into women don’t need men either because God has created both of us for a reason to need/help each other. Man and woman still need to come together to create a human being and keep the generation going or else it would have stopped where God only created Adam. But he created Eve for a reason because a man knows he needs a woman. God knows best. We human have abused it, it’s a good thing.

• Amanda

May 9, 2016 at 9:51 pm

I guess your mother and every female figure in your family are part of the emotionally stupid ones that can’t read between the lines. Was it your father that carried you for 9 months?? Maybe your case is a different one. Please tell us. We all (female, male, young, old e.t.c) need each other to survive in this crazy earth.

5. We attract like minds.

May 9, 2016 at 7:57 am

No perfect man or woman anywhere,you both must keep working at getting better with time,if your mindset is that your husband to be,will be one of the idiots,you will eventually get one of them.

6. Paul Adeyemo

May 9, 2016 at 8:12 am

Charly boy is just writing nonsense. What is the essesnce of your one sides write up for the women to applaud you. You should be ashamed of yourself.

7. Mr. Egghead

May 9, 2016 at 8:27 am

I actually agreed with him until I read the article . . . then I realized he was another misinformed pro-woman apologist pandering to one side of the gender politics of today.

First, the reason why men have higher death rates from cancer is because men are diagnosed more. The reason why more men die from heart disease is because pre-menopausal women have estrogen which is cardio-protective. After menopause, the death rates for heart disease evens out among the sexes.
    “Most men can’t really control their sexual urge” is the most ridiculous statement in Charly’s write-up. It is not true and the reasons why some men sleep with their housemaids are so many that I can’t start writing about it

When I see a man leeching on his wife or unable to provide for his family, that man is a weak man. Being the Head of the Home comes with responsibilities ( and perks! ) and any man who can’t stand up to those responsibilities is weak.

For me, Charly Boy just came down a notch

• Ginger

May 9, 2016 at 9:35 am

You think being a strong man is all about providing financially. That is why there are 3 Mothers’ Day and each one is a circus on social media, while Fathers Day barely resonates. That is why Nigerian men keep having bruised egos, because the women are now equally financially able and the men don’t know how else to prove their worth so they bully, abuse, disregard with the little power society and the church give them. Being a man is much more than providing financially or being macho, it’s about being HUMAN, ie caring, loving, nurturing, providing support, helping to raise the children. You are chauvinist, no matter how hard you try to appear logical or unaffected. You use ‘pro-woman’ as though it’s an insult, and it’s unfortunate, because I’m sure you love your mother, but you’d hate to see society alleviate sexism and challenges that hurt and affected lovely women like her while they live(d)

• Mr. Egghead

May 9, 2016 at 10:33 am

Where did I indicate that being a man is all about providing financially? I re-read my post but I can’t see where I even insinuated it. The needs of a family are so much more than money – vision, spiritual direction, stability e.t.c. Pro-woman is not an insult any more than calling somebody “liberal” or “conservative.” Maybe I could have used a better term but there is nothing insulting about it.

Isn’t it odd that in a world dominated by the patriarchy, we have 3 Mother’s Days, each one a big social media circus, and only one Father’s Day.

I fear your bias is too strong

• Californiabawlar

May 9, 2016 at 10:22 am

Lol. Mr. Ode, you dey here dey postulate. War of the sexes no dey tire you? Your mates are killing their wives in real life, you’re here forming internet warrior. You can’t castigate them, you can’t join them….na so so English wey no make sense. Bros abeg shift jere.

• Wetin Happen

May 9, 2016 at 11:30 am

Californiabawlar, What happened to you in the last few days? I ask because you have been snapping irrationally at people alot in the last few days. Take it easy oh.

• Mr. Egghead

May 9, 2016 at 11:49 am

@Wetin Happen,
      PMS can make women crazy AF

• Californiabawlar

May 9, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Lol. Eeya and I’ve just been maintaining my lane o. Insomnia? Maybe? Shrugs.
      It’s just that people can be real a-holes and the more sensible people on this site pamper and buffer their comments just to be civil… I don’t have the patience for that o jare! The essence of your message gets lost in all the grammar, meanwhile these olodos are winning and continually perpetrating stupidity. Mo sorry gan, hopefully some sleep will help increase my tolerance for ignorance and I will once again be able to mask my annoyance/dissatisfaction with sarcasm….but till then…?
      @whocares, long time! thanks for the translation (and jara??).

• Californiabawlar

May 9, 2016 at 12:20 pm

Shuoo, broda….If you dey wash eyes, you will be making a whole lotta cash prophesying! Can you imagine how much money you’ll make saucing out hormonal women so that men can keep their trifling ways to a minimum around them? Do you know how many wars you might be able to prevent? You’re sitting on a cash cow here bruh! For real though, how you take know? Babygal is sure riding the crimson tide! But I’m already on my period sha so I don’t know if my almost anaphylactic allergic reactions to you and your elks’ stupidity can still be classified as PMS, since that’s Pre-menstrual…but you’re the obgyn please educate me.

• Mr. Egghead

May 9, 2016 at 1:10 pm

Damn girl, you’re tripping hard.
      You can’t use “anaphylactic” and “ällergic” in the same sentence. Anaphylaxis is an extreme form of allergy.
      ??

8. Nunulicious

May 9, 2016 at 10:28 am

Of course men are the weaker sex. The bible says women are help meet for men. Do you help someone you are weaker than?

Regardless, we still lur you. Can’t live with you, can’t live without you. 🙂

9. Prince

May 9, 2016 at 10:58 am

This is so true. If not just for the sperm which some women actually get from sperm bank these days, I don’t think many women will marry.
    Most men want their wife to do virtually everything, you’ll visit some of them, even to help look after their VERY OWN CHILD, they’ll complain.

10. Strit Kredibility

May 9, 2016 at 11:00 am

Charlie boy is so misinformed on this particular issue. I respek him and wish not say more than a few lines here. Men are not the weaker sex because of those things mentioned, far from it. Men are the weaker sex of other men not women. Woman did not come before man, woman is as a result of man. Woman are not a threat to man, it is man that is a threat to man and by association women. What we have today are men that have been greatly undermined and oppressed by their fellow men that they turn to women to take out their frustration. Every body wants to assert himself. Assertiveness is instinctual in every creature. It is a survival mechanism of the Eco-system which man is a big part of. Everybody can chance who he feels he can chance and leave who he cannot chance, ditto for women that is life. But in all case men are still stronger than women, even sexwise. Men superintend over all the major positions on earth, they can choose who to elevate and who to dominate. Sex to man is more of a strength than na weakness. An attitude of having it because i can get it. A man can kill a fellow man to get his wife and kill the woman to spite his husband wipe out his household. Without women men can have their way but with men women cannot have their way.
    So we shouldn’t look at this matter from a side mirror we would not be seeing everything. Men should face fellow men that is where their weakness lies.
    I am a woman loving and honouring man, i am very comfortable with women than with fellow men. 95% of the time a woman gives as she gets and even more, a man gives as he so desires, irrespective.
    I said a few lines see where i come land. Haha

• Olori bigz gal

May 9, 2016 at 11:29 am

Everybody look at this weyrey ‘But in all case men are still stronger than women, even sexwise. Men superintend over all the major positions on earth, they can choose who to elevate and who to dominate.’ okan ko ki’lo idoti ọkan mi ti wa ni pain mi

I hope you’re not basing your arguments on religion, because God did say we are all equal, and man only leads in marriage. Be there with your illusions of power behind a phone screen. Anyway sha, it’s your opinion, says a lot about the woman that raised you and women that raise men like you, you treat him like a King that he’s not, and he’ll see you as a lower creature.

• Strit Kredibility

May 9, 2016 at 2:05 pm

The moment i read the second part of your crap. I realized a proper response would be time wasting as it would be dignifying it. So i’ll let it slide. Read well and comprehend.

11. Strit Kredibility

May 9, 2016 at 11:04 am

Typos cant be bothered this morning. *Without women men can have their way still but without men women cannot have their way.

12. Olori bigz gal

May 9, 2016 at 11:17 am

@MrEgghead why do you always argue like this? Someone calls you out on something you clearly inferred then you start with your usual ‘where did I say that’, ramble, then end with a veiled shade aka insult. Your ego must be as fragile as your arguments. mschewwww Iranu

13. Ginger

May 9, 2016 at 11:23 am

Mr Egghead I’m not biased. I called YOU out on something, not ‘all men’ so what is your inane point? Why can’t you frame proper arguments and premises without looking for low blows, lol aww are you hurt?

14. whocares

May 9, 2016 at 11:42 am

I haven’t gone past “most men today are the weaker sex”. It might be me over analysing this but statements like this make me wary. If men today are the weaker sex, who were the weaker sex yesterday? In discourses like this, it is almost taken for granted that women are the “weaker” sex and that is usually the starting point for the conversation as if there is a tacit agreement that that it is the way it is. From there, it is inferred that men exude a personality trait that is less than desirable are not judged based on their actions rather their actions are in some ways seem to be a reflection on and measured on that “manliness” scale that demotes him from being a man to acting like a women, hence weak.. (this analysis is not restricted to Charlie Boy’s one paragraph quote.. but a wide range of things i have read etc and it just seems to be the same blueprint)
    I get all of Charlie Boy’s point, however my point is this, it would go a long way and would be helpful if we started removing languages like this from our vocabulary. Having a weaker sex means there has to be a stronger sex and we all know who draws the short straw here. It is a slight shift in mentality and half the time most people are not aware of the bias they present, but it is there nonetheless. Men are not the weaker sex today. There are bad men who behave badly and should not live in the society with normal people, Their actions are not a reflection on their sex as a whole. Same way there are bad women who behave badly; their actions should not be measured against females as a whole either..

• whocares

May 9, 2016 at 11:44 am

*it is inferred that men that exude a personality trait.. etc etc

• Californiabawlar

May 9, 2016 at 12:25 pm

Gbam! I’m not even with Charlie Boy and his pandering (or maybe he actually means them sha) articles. My first thought was also ‘who are the weaker sex now?’
      Also notice he said MOST men, so there are still some men out there that are superior to women?
      I expected people to disagree, but some people just went on a tangent, I was like ?…
      Thanks for making sense….my brain is goop right now, lol.

15. What?

May 9, 2016 at 12:21 pm

Mr Egghead did you just blame a woman’s attitude on PMS? You’re really sick. Clearly more of a sexist than MD, Paul Babalola, OJ and Paul Adeyemo put together. You’re even worse than Boss Major from Naijagistlive

16. Uberhautelooks.blogspot.com

May 9, 2016 at 1:22 pm

Abeg make una leave Mr. Egghead, he’s d traffic warden here…
    In view of what has been happening in recent times, I say parents should go back to the drawing board…the former generation did a poor job raising their boy child! (most not all)
    Hopefully, our generation will wise up, learn and impart useful knowledge in our own kids else, the society is in real danger since the home front is shaky

17. Looool

May 9, 2016 at 8:42 pm

Egghead don vex BN feminists aka aggressive females

18. ElessarisElendil

May 10, 2016 at 3:52 am

I see a lot of insults flying back and forth no attempts to disprove John and Mr Egghead’s comments with facts. I’m sure they’ve left this exchange with a higher view of women.

• californiabawlar

May 10, 2016 at 9:12 pm

Hahaha….why factually argue with the idiots? They are blind and can’t see the millions of women around them daily holding their own, innovating and excelling in several fields? Oh wait, they don’t know the person that owns this blog is a woman?
      If John has no regard for his mother, then too bad. His view of women is of no consequence whatsoever to us on here.
      I don’t see you disproving them either, so what are you saying? trololol.

• Can this be love

May 10, 2016 at 9:23 pm

Californiabawlar e be like say you don dey love up to Elessaris. See as you take dey follow am up and down like how fly take dey follow shit. Na wah oh.