Sweet Spot

BN Living presents #EnitansGoldDust! Enitan Osibodu Celebrates her Fabulous 50th Birthday with Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, Funsho Amosun & More

BellaNaija.com

Enitan Osibodu celebrated her 50th birthday in grand style. With a theme like ‘Gold Dust’, we couldn’t expect less from the gorgeous mother of four. She is an inspiring woman who has achieved so much and it’s no surprise so many great people came out to celebrate her. Distinguished guests like the former President of the Federal Republic, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, the First Lady of Ogun State, Funsho Amosun, and many others were all present at the birthday party.

With decor by Newton and David, everything looked like a slice of luxury, “with gold dust!”, the three words that inspired the theme as you will get to find out later. From the gold carpet, flowers and gold photo backdrop outside to the exquisite gold table setting and stylish guests who glittered in gold, the night was fit for a queen. Enitan dressed the part in three gorgeous dresses by Olma Creations & April by Kunbi.

enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-2272016_

Enitan is the daughter of late professor Sanya Dojo Onabamiro and is currently Head, Hospitality and Facility Management at Dangote Industries Limited. She was also a personal assistant to former Governor Gbenga Daniel.

BellaNaija Living got the chance to speak with Enitan and she’s such a pleasant soul, here are a few things she told us;

On her birthday party:

Words can’t describe how pleased I was about how the party turned out. It was a smashing event, with the deco scoring an ace (thanks to Newton and David), my guests turning up in the most glittering gold materials/outfits (there was Aso Oke Asoebi by the way), food and drinks flowing while the band and the DJ were at their best. But really, two things put the icing on the cake for me. Number 1, all my children – the four of them were present and Number 2, all my guests that honoured my invitation, especially, the former President of the Federal Republic, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, the First Lady of Ogun State, Funsho Amosun and of course the rest of my beautiful guests. They made my day.

On coming up with the party theme, “Gold Dust”:

In 2007, I found myself in a peculiar and dire situation. It seemed that I had lost everything I had worked for and at first, I thought I was finished. But somehow, I managed to pull through, with the help of God. After getting back on my feet, I invited my younger sister, Banke, who lives in ibadan to come visit me in my new apartment. When she walked into my apartment for the first time, she looked around and screamed “oh Enitan, you have bounced back, with gold dust!” What she meant was that, my new place was even better than the one I lost. That phrase “Gold Dust” struck a cord with me and I kept it since that day in 2013. As I planned my 50th, Uche of Newton and David asked me what I had in mind. Without any hesitation, I said Gold Dust. She took it on board and ran along with it to make the event really golden.

On her biggest achievement so far:

Certainly, being a mother. Raising four children. Two from my older sister who died from cancer when her kids were relatively young and my own two biological children. Being able to keep calm and carry on even when I felt overwhelmed and ending up with great children who are well mannered and Godly in character.

enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-2072016_

Her humble advice to you reading this:

Never ever pay evil for evil. Go out of your way to do good and be nice to the most undeserving people. That’s how you store up credits for blessing. It also ensures that you are not bitter and twisted but rather, you are happy and calm in this difficult world.

On writing her autobiography:

To commemorate my 50th birthday, I wrote a book about myself to tell people that think that I am a pretty face that there is more to me than a pretty face. The book is available globally on Amazon, Kindle, Google Books etc. I actually published it in the UK. It’s called, Enitan… The Stories Behind The Smile’.

enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-4572016_

On life beyond 50:

Most of the child raising is over – the last child is 17 years old and looking at university soon by the Grace of God. So with more time on my hands, I am putting a foundation together that will help to install solar lights in remote areas thereby lighting up communities and improving people’s quality of life, by the Grace of God. So watch this space…

See more Photos from the fabulous event

enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-1172016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-20572016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-1272016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-20272016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-20372016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-672016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-2172016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-1472016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-972016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-6072016_

Her Beautiful Guests

enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-21972016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-4272016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-5072016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-5872016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-6372016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-6972016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-7072016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-20672016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-20972016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-21072016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-5472016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-21172016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-21272016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-21372016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-7172016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-7472016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-4772016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-21472016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-21572016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-21672016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-21772016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-21872016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-22072016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-22172016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-22272016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-8472016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-8672016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-8872016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-22372016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-22472016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-22572016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-10772016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-22672016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-9972016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-10072016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-10872016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-11572016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-22772016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-22872016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-22972016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-23072016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-23172016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-23272016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-23372016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-23472016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-23572016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-23672016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-23772016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-23872016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-23972016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-24172016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-24272016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-24372016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-15172016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-25972016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-24472016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-24572016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-13772016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-14172016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-24672016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-24872016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-24972016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-25072016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-14772016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-25172016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-25272016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-25372016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-25472016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-25572016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-25672016_ enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-25772016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-14072016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-25872016_enitan osibodu birthday bellanaijaE50-15072016_

Credits & Vendors
DJ: DJ Bola Freshwaves
Live Band: The Executives
Screen: Mobile Screen and Sound
Multimedia: Deola Olufade

1. nene+

July 25, 2016 at 3:43 pm

Fifty looks good on her! Wao fifty looks 35 these days……….Oh God teach us to number our days……

• Damilola

July 25, 2016 at 9:40 pm

What? This woman looks beautiful and fabulous. Her fashion style is fab. I’m loving this new age defying.
      It’s giving me hope. I already look younger than my age but I get nervous sometimes of pregnancy and what comes with older age which is inevitable at times.
      Obasanjo, makes 85 look decent. Baba, I salute you.

• oversabi

July 26, 2016 at 1:53 pm

She is so gorgeous. I wanna look like that at 50. But bia, her family and her spouse’s family must have a very diverse gene pool. None of her kids look like the other. Very interesting. Sorry I am a biologist and I could not help it because I was looking for their spunky mama in their faces.

• Yomi

July 26, 2016 at 10:21 pm

The lighter kids are her own. The darker ones are her sisters.

2. Olola

July 25, 2016 at 3:53 pm

She’s gorgeous.

3. Anon

July 25, 2016 at 3:58 pm

50 is the new 40. Pretty woman. Loved this bit the most…”Raising four children. Two from my older sister who died from cancer when her kids were relatively young and my own two biological children.”

I saw Lola Edewor hemmed in two of the pictures (among other familiar faces.)

Teni!

4. Baby gurl

July 25, 2016 at 4:00 pm

Fifty? More like Thirty wowza!!! Happy Birthday. Coincidentally drinking champagne this hot afternoon (lol) so here’s to fifty more years of bliss, goodness and success. Cheers! May the good Lord be your guide IJN Amen!

• Beautiful Yoruba people

July 26, 2016 at 12:13 am

This woman is gorgeous. Hot body.
      Later now, people will say Yoruba women no fine. That we just have shapeless body with massive butt. They won’t look around them and acknowledge beautiful Yoruba women.

5. Amaa

July 25, 2016 at 4:06 pm

A combination of good genes , healthy living wow what are this women doing

• Anonymous

July 26, 2016 at 12:39 pm

i couldn’t help but notice the frozen face.. Botox perhaps?

• Jade

July 26, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Its your eyes that’s maybe frozen. Her face looks relaxed in all the pics. If you see a real botox frozen face it will be obvious.
      This woman is yummy. Happy 50th birthday to her. Her job resume looks good too

6. Prince

July 25, 2016 at 4:07 pm

She looks really good and fulfilled.

7. bijouxthisbijouthat

July 25, 2016 at 4:20 pm

50 never looked this good!!! wow! its actually a sin for her to look this fab with firm boobs like that!! she is fit for days! nice nice nice.. no excuse to dull nowadays ooo

8. Fifi

July 25, 2016 at 4:26 pm

Fathia take note this is how to dress your body type

9. tiny

July 25, 2016 at 4:49 pm

I do not approve of that first dress at all,not for a mother of 4 at fifty. Happy bday to her all the same

• Ify

July 25, 2016 at 5:06 pm

Loooool. Why do you feel your approval means anything?

• Californiabawlar

July 25, 2016 at 5:34 pm

Olodo! See your mouth as you talk am categorically!?
      Olowo n soro, talaka lohun ni idea??

• ATL's finest

July 25, 2016 at 7:12 pm

@ Tiny u wish u had a banging body like Hers to pull off such outfits. B/c she’s 50, she must wear iru & buba mtchew.

• Rolly

July 26, 2016 at 8:05 am

Who are you? And why should anyone care what you approve or not? My friend get out of here…the nerve

Anyway jare, I’m speechless. How can this woman be 50?! As in 5-0??? Lmao something is not adding up. She looks better than people in their 20s! STUNNING. God must have really blessed her because of how pure her heart is…raising her sister’s kids like they were hers. So beautiful

• Sumbo

July 26, 2016 at 4:57 pm

ngwanu Oya clap for ur sef , fashion police that u are now ” in nedu’s voice “Mscheeeew. Soo because she has kids now and is fifty , she should not look good abii. If u don’t stop this bad belle syndrome , the thunder that will fire u ehn …..

10. Sorry fo you

July 25, 2016 at 5:01 pm

Who ask for your approval?my friend start praying for the heart of Love

11. lili

July 25, 2016 at 5:13 pm

who your approval help?

12. Rose

July 25, 2016 at 5:36 pm

No idea who she is but what a beauty! Looks so young too 🙂
    I love how she changed her outfit numerous times just because she can!

13. admirer

July 25, 2016 at 5:57 pm

its single women of that generation that age well like this. when they are not enduring or watching war room. YOU LOOK GORGEOUS DEAR

• Californiabawlar

July 25, 2016 at 6:42 pm

Lmao! War Room should come with a warning label…”The surgeon general warns that this movie ages you drastically. Watch with caution as it may also lead to loss of life” ?

Meanwhile on a positive note, this woman is GORGEOUS! Chai! This is what I thought I’d look like at 30 but I pretty much look like a teen now. So I’ll definitely won’t mind taking the baton from her in my 50s! Get it ????
      Happy birthday ma’am.

• Rolly

July 26, 2016 at 8:06 am

Lmao you might be on to something. Just realised she’s single…explains so much now. No Nigerian man to give her headaches and stress ?

• Iris

July 26, 2016 at 1:32 pm

Lmfao

• Idomagirl

July 26, 2016 at 3:31 pm

My God!!!!! ?????????????

• Favour757

July 26, 2016 at 3:45 pm

I see you!

• Sisi

July 26, 2016 at 4:01 pm

LOL ooooeemmggeeeeee you are bad, I can’t with this comment but tbh God help us ladies with our life choices.

14. Admirer/with bad intentions

July 25, 2016 at 6:26 pm

Married one of this generation thank you.Congratulation to her,she looks amazing.

• admirer

July 25, 2016 at 10:50 pm

@admirer with bad intentions I have NO bad intentions o. I’m sincerely in awe of this beauty. 4 kids, beauty and a POWER career. She’s sitting with a former President and a current Governor. Plus working for Gbenga Daniels and Dangote. I’m simply in awe, a real fan ? #WhatsaWarRoom

• Iris

July 26, 2016 at 1:35 pm

It’s a movie about how to pray your husband from irresponsibility and general madness into your dream boo.

15. Fashionista

July 25, 2016 at 6:47 pm

Beautiful woman with a banging body, damn! Love all her outfits ?.Happy birthday to her.

16. Namz

July 25, 2016 at 7:24 pm

Yoruba women tho! Beautiful.

17. godi

July 25, 2016 at 10:51 pm

Love the gold theme…classy party

18. onyi

July 26, 2016 at 8:26 am

super fab at 50! No man no wrinkles. Nigerian men can age a woman sha…l p.s I want man still tho..lol

19. Bee

July 26, 2016 at 8:59 am

50? how come? i thought she was a bride when i saw her picture on the big part of BN. Heee God please let me look this good @ 50 and not only good i should have achieved a lot family wise and career. Amazingly georgous

20. Mz Titilitious

July 26, 2016 at 11:56 am

wow @50 looking sexy! #goals!

21. Allie

July 26, 2016 at 2:22 pm

wow!! Happy birthday ma’am.
    Beautiful, stylish and accomplished both in your career and as a mom. Definite #goals

22. Idomagirl

July 26, 2016 at 3:32 pm

Beautiful woman. ?????

23. Anon

July 26, 2016 at 4:21 pm

*Looks at Enitan’s banging body… looks at way younger self… bursts into tears* LOL

She looks amazing 😀

24. Ch

July 26, 2016 at 5:36 pm

Sure definition of “If you’ve got it, flaunt it”. I love all her dresses, no iro & buba things just cos she’s 50. Bt mhen, I’m still in awe, srsly? She even looks finer than her daughters (yes I talk am!). Anyway, many more fulfilling and blissful years ahead for her IJN. **thinking** Some body goals for me

25. Ayana

July 26, 2016 at 5:42 pm

Enitan’s party rocked!!!!!! Lovely lady

26. Random

July 26, 2016 at 8:25 pm

Beautiful woman who looks awesome for her age. She could pass for Ibidun Ighodalos sister.

27. Nene

August 15, 2016 at 11:08 am

life is beautiful for those who knows how to live well!
    I am so proud of her.
    Wishing her many more amazing years ahead.
    I hope to be as pretty as she is and more at 50 too.