Style

The Muslimah’s Pride – See Photos from this Pretty Eid inspired Hijab Beauty Shoot

BellaNaija.com

This beauty shoot by PhotographerCharlie is inspired by the recent Eid al-Fitr holiday with beautiful muslimahs in lovely hijabs by Hijabtytude. Some featuring gold embroidery and others with lace and pearls for a regal look, something different from the ordinary. With makeup done by Mosunmola Bamigbola the pretty ladies each had a touch of feminine pink to their makeup looks.

See the Photos

Eid hijab makeup bellanaija july 2016172016_

Eid hijab makeup bellanaija july 2016272016_ Eid hijab makeup bellanaija july 2016472016_ Eid hijab makeup bellanaija july 2016372016_ Eid hijab makeup bellanaija july 2016572016_ Eid hijab makeup bellanaija july 2016672016_ Eid hijab makeup bellanaija july 2016DSC_5304 copy72016_ Eid hijab makeup bellanaija july 2016772016_

Credits
Makeup:
Mosunmola Bamigbola | @makeupandmoe
Hijab/Turban: Hijabtytude | @hijabtytude
Photography: PhotographerCharlie | @photographercharlie
Model 1: Detayo O | @detayo.o
Model 2: Ruqayah Tiamiyu | @ruteepro (long hijab)

1. Ademola

July 9, 2016 at 11:21 am

Aunty Amina, Aunty Shukura please come an’ modee’ for me. I will give you juice ohhh.

2. moi

July 9, 2016 at 11:36 am

Just kept me wondering if Islam is really what it says it is? In my opinion, beautiful ladies in bondage. Islam….. Still pondering. I rather be an atheist

• ola

July 9, 2016 at 12:33 pm

So what stops you from making your own personal research……or haven’t you for once asked yourself why so many people still practice the religion all over the world….or have you for once asked yourself why Muslims in the south and western part of Nigeria never engage in extremism…

• Anonymous

July 9, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Thank God that is your opinion, not God’s. At the end of the day, they do it for God, not you

• tobi

July 9, 2016 at 4:37 pm

I suppose they beat and conture their faces like the Kardashian clan religious sect for gods sake too abi?.

• Ijebujesha

July 9, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Thank God, It’s 2016 and it’s freedom unlimited. You can keep exposing your breasts and even go stark naked so as not to be in bondage. Afterall? bellanaija posted nude pics of some pregnant lady yesterday and some were even awed about the mightiness of God as ‘reflected’ in those pics. Leave these beautiful women to their bondage. Be free in your ‘freedom’ and allow them ‘freedom’ in their chosen ‘bondage’. Live and let’s live.

• Segi

July 10, 2016 at 8:26 am

Of course we should leave them alone, but sadly they won’t let us be… in their sainthood they seek to enforce their so called outward modesty on some of us who prefer our nakedness. Spewing their hate and killings for not being part of their religion. Tolerance and Islam are opposing words!

• Anon

July 9, 2016 at 2:17 pm

Thank you my dear Moi. what’s the point in looking modest and covering your hair at the same time putting all that makeup on your face in what GOD’S NAME I ASK? . I feel its about time people stop being dogmatic and stop attributing their freedom of expression to religion. It is not by force abeg

• Nahum

July 9, 2016 at 11:12 pm

My dear, run around naked and leave Muslim girls with their modesty alone na? Na by force? Don’t even put on bra and pant, walk around naked and be free, it’s your right! Just leave those who want to cover up alone

• Tiana

July 9, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Hehe luv luvvies luv your comment..

• Nahum

July 9, 2016 at 11:10 pm

African and Christian women nko? No be the same bondage? Abeg keep quiet jor

3. Tincan

July 9, 2016 at 11:46 am

Mocktails in the last pic?

4. tosin

July 9, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Woah! Beautiful pieces. I love them all.

5. Rose

July 9, 2016 at 4:03 pm

All I can say is Muslims they try….covering themselves like this in this Heat…definitely not easy…Very beautiful ladies too

• Ghen Ghen

July 9, 2016 at 6:11 pm

Heat rash tinz

6. nnenne

July 9, 2016 at 6:10 pm

To each their own!
    As long as we respect each other, it’s none of my business!

7. Anonymous

July 9, 2016 at 7:56 pm

To tosin- their God does not forbid them to look beautiful,

• Anonymous

July 9, 2016 at 7:56 pm

Sorry meant for tobi

• tobi

July 9, 2016 at 9:00 pm

Thank you anonymous. That just makes plenty of bipolar sense. So their god just forbids them showing their NATURAL HAIR but is okay with them ARTIFICIALLY enhancing their faces. Wow. I’m done.

• Anonymous

July 9, 2016 at 9:19 pm

Tobi – their God not yours. Leave them to practice what they believe. I am tired of people judging others. We have Christians like deeper who cover up while the winners and co cover up, address that bipolar ( try to understand that) after all they all worship the same God before you look further afield

• nwanyi na aga aga

July 11, 2016 at 6:10 pm

Tobi why cant you leave them and their God alone. is it your god? is it your hair? is it your heat rashes? These women in the picture are grown up women that have made their own decision, why are you angry when they are not hurting you? Bili ka fa bili!!! live and let them live!!

8. Nunulicious

July 9, 2016 at 8:40 pm

Lovely ladies.
    If only the religion wouldn’t be associated with so much negativity.
    I’m curious though, why do the women wear black gowns? It could be so many pretty colours, but they use black and the man wear white. I’m curious, anyone there to educate me?

9. Umm Ayah

July 9, 2016 at 9:58 pm

Black is Just lik every other colour any individual can play around wt. I mean an highly classed Personnel rocks in his black suit, black shoe wt his black shade in his black car, of course it’s no prob, a star actress flaunt her black silk dress on d red carpet, oh! dt ‘s fashion. But wen d Muslim woman walks in her black robe then eye brows are raised. What do I call dt? Double Standard?

• nunulicious

July 9, 2016 at 11:04 pm

You haven’t answered my question. Yet.

• memebaby

July 10, 2016 at 1:58 pm

you didnt answer the question ma,, you are just being defensive.. but okay

10. ditson

July 9, 2016 at 10:19 pm

@ tobi.. derez sumfin cal “freedom of religion” shud incase u dnt knw… yes we cover up cos we all want a covered candy or sweet nobdy wants a naked or exposed candy.

11. akpako

July 9, 2016 at 11:49 pm

you guys taking Panadol for someone’s headache…so much for profiling people you don’t even know…oh, btw, tayo’s a practising rccg xtian

• Mrs K

July 10, 2016 at 4:36 am

And she’s dating a nice Muslim man.

12. Modestus

July 10, 2016 at 10:41 am

it is their religious belief, not yours. how many pictures of holy Mary or any picture depicted of a Christian woman in the Bible will you see without head cover? it is we Christians that have lost our value to “modernization” or civilization as we call it.

devil gradually sold nudity to us to the point where we now see those protecting theirs as despicable. we are loosing it.

at least those Muslims still stick by their faith and know what they stand for, what about us.?

God bless you

beauty in modesty.. ignore those haters ..

• "changing moniker"

July 10, 2016 at 1:34 pm

Which faith exactly? The one that Condones killing?
      You can cover up all you like, wear the darkest shade of black, but once you decide to murder someone because their belief isn’t the same as yours, all your pretentious cover ups are for naught. …
      Why don’t Muslims call themselves to order?
      And please no one should come and tell me southern and northern Muslims are different.

• cingy

July 10, 2016 at 2:01 pm

but arent they different though ? i hear the Northerners are more extreme ..

• Anon

July 10, 2016 at 4:40 pm

Do you know how much the Jews hate Christians? Yet you speak against someone else’s religion… A religion you obviously know nothing about?

13. Otubo

July 10, 2016 at 2:26 pm

picsl looking swit. we christians shld learn to accomodate nt antagonize. we r called to bring others to christ buh how can we do that whn we dnt live lk christ. He said i came fr d sinners.

14. Zeus

July 10, 2016 at 6:07 pm

Most often, it is worn by Muslim women as a symbol of modesty and privacy. According to the Encyclopedia of Islam and Muslim World, modesty in the Quran concerns both men’s and women’s “gaze, gait, garments, and genitalia.” The Qur’an admonishes Muslim women to dress modestly.
    Wikipedia, the free encyclope.
    I have no problem with people practicing their faith. It’s called freedom. These ladies have made up faces that would put Kim Kardashian to shame they also on social media posing for both men and women to admire. Were is the modesty in that?. I have never seen a nun wear makeup. If you are wearing a scarf as a fashion statement that’s a different thing but to say you are repping a religion naaaaah not buying it. To me these are just to pretty nigerian women posing on social media.

15. Anonymous

July 10, 2016 at 8:07 pm

Wow, too many people with opinions. Can’t you all just appreciate the beauty in the shoot and in the diversity and just move along….

16. fatima yakub

July 10, 2016 at 9:39 pm

not only Muslim ladies wear black grown I have Christian friends who used to cover up their bodies what will you say about

• rukky umar

July 15, 2016 at 10:07 pm

Christians are divided into many groups

17. Anonymous

July 11, 2016 at 4:26 am

Disregards of the culture or beliefs, what I see is a work of art. A beauty to behold. No doubts, the makeup artist and the photographer did a good job.
    Who is this photographer charlie? If I remember vividly, he also shot dere’s exceptional and outstanding birthday pictures.
    Bros who u be ooo?

18. similicious

July 11, 2016 at 12:19 pm

I am here for the gorgeous makeup and models especially Tayo(porrie)

19. Umm Ayah

July 11, 2016 at 4:36 pm

It’s really hard to make further comment as I can’t stop laughing at how some ppl could find it so easy to pass judgement. I wonder what religion preaches that! it’s even much more funny when it’s coming from those who have no knowledge about d religion at all. Anyways, I will try and spare my time to give some clarifications perhaps I might be educating someone who knows.
    Firstly, I want to make it known that a Muslim is obligated to obey the command of his lord and that of the holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). I’m so glad we now live in an e-world, so nothing stops u from getting a translated app of the holy Quran on ur gadget for confirmation or further research. Obeying our Lord & His Prophet appears in nothing less than 15 verses of the Quran, that repetition shows how serious, doesn’t it? Verses like Quran 3, Verse 32:

Say (O Muhammad SAW): “Obey Allah and the Messenger (Muhammad SAW).” But if they turn away, then Allah does not like the disbelievers.
    (English – Mohsin Khan)
    via iQuran.
    Others include Q3:132, Q4:59, Q8:1, e.t.c
    I guess that answer any question on why we cover coz it is a command directly from our Lord as found in Q33:59, Q24:30-31, Q24:60. Our Lord promises those who obey Him and adhere to His injunctions great reward &mercy in this world and the hereafter and He never fails in His promises so who are we to disobey? Just like you don’t want your own child to disobey u. So tell me who is greater, u as a parent to ur child or God to His creation (logical)!!!
    as for black, like I said before, it’s just like every other colour but above that, it is preferred because it draws d least attention to a Muslim woman when she walks, I’m sure you must be wondering why that. It very simple, look around you, how does illegal sex begin, mostly by a woman getting so attracted to a man due to her flashy & noticeable dress or appearance. Indisputably, u will agree dat d nature of men is so weak they get easily provoked when their sight fall on a woman’s nudity which leads to seduction to Illegal sexual intercourse to unwanted pregnancies or STDs to several illegitimate children out there. Tell me which religion doesn’t forbid Illegal sex this is what Islam is trying to do, saving d sights of men from provocative things that could lead them into committing great sins & we Muslim women are happy &proud to make such huge contribution to the world. In addition, Muslim women are not objects of seduction, take a look @ every precious substance, like gold, diamond or even pearl covered isn’t it? Cheap things nko? like stone, u know d answer . do I need anyone to tell me I’m beautiful before I can believe it don’t I see my mirror everyday. I wish I can go on &on

…To be continued in shaa Allah Rahman (by the Will of the merciful God

• Nunulicious

July 12, 2016 at 12:44 am

OKay. So the women wear black to be discreet. I get. why not lighter colours though? Black…it is…scary and eerie. It also appears like subjugation.
      Why so much emphasis on sex? So cos men would be tempted women have to pay the price? Why not the men solve it? And has wearing the black shroud curbed sexual advances/alliances in reality? The real statistics. Some other time sha, I’d ask more questions. Don’t have energy right now.

20. Asake

July 11, 2016 at 4:44 pm

Habaa… BN Peeps…

Fine make up you no comment..

Beautiful hijabs/turban you no commnet

Great shots – you no comment

Na the women wey dem no opress you dey form oppression voltron for.. it is well…. o

Spread love jare..

21. umar Adamu

July 11, 2016 at 11:39 pm

You are pretty girl, If some body see your face is know that you are a Muslim. Any time any movement is spread.

22. umar Adamu

July 11, 2016 at 11:54 pm

You are pretty girl, If some body see your face is know that you are a Muslim. Any time any movement Muslim is spread.