Relationships

Actress Funke Akindele & JJC spark Rumours of a Secret Wedding

Funke Akindele JJC

Nollywood actress Funke Akindele, who is celebrating her birthday today, and her partner JJC have ignited more marriage rumours today with a lot of their fans speculating about a secret wedding.

From photos posted on Snapchat, Funke Akindele can be seen wearing two ring bands on her finger.

image image

Reports of a secret wedding first surfaced in May but neither JJC nor Funke Akindele have confirmed it.

Funke Akindele

In a post on Instagram wishing Funke Akindele a happy birthday, JJC wrote:

“Happy birthday @funkejenifaakindele aka FAB. Many happy returns. May all your days be filled with love, and happiness. You’ll find peace in your home, work, body, mind and soul. You’ll never lack. Health and wealth is your potion. Long life and prosperity. Stay blessed my best friend?”

The “FAB” nickname is believed to be an acronym for the newly married Funke- Funke Akindele Bello with Bello being JJC’s surname.

Funke and JJC reportedly got engaged back in February after dating for a while.

1. teflon

August 24, 2016 at 1:09 pm

happy 4 her

2. Prince

August 24, 2016 at 1:12 pm

I love Funke to the moon and back, If JJC is the man God said will make her happy till the end of time. who am I? i wish them well.

3. Hotspice_yimu

August 24, 2016 at 1:14 pm

FAB- may also mean Fabulous.
    but if she is married to him, i wish them happiness and hope it works out good for her this second time.

4. shior

August 24, 2016 at 1:17 pm

JJc. please be the best she ever had

5. Bukola

August 24, 2016 at 1:21 pm

SDK just reported the news! So yes she’s married! You can’t go wrong with SDK . Lol

• cara

August 24, 2016 at 6:56 pm

Ugh! Enough with you guys and sdk this sdk that.

• sdk lover

August 24, 2016 at 10:30 pm

is it our fault we love SDK

6. MurderSheWrote

August 24, 2016 at 1:24 pm

JJC ke?

7. Billionaire in grace

August 24, 2016 at 1:31 pm

I love Jenifa. she really makes me laugh HBD to you Funke

8. BlueEyed

August 24, 2016 at 1:56 pm

So I just started binge watching “Jenifas Diary” which I now love, but isn’t this JJC dude Marcus on the show? If it is, then they surely do have something good going, their on screen chemistry (however tumultuous) was fire! Lol

• Cindy

August 24, 2016 at 3:06 pm

Ikr, I was just watching s5 today and I was routing for both of them. It’s funny that I came across this now wow. I know the name JJC, I was just unable to put a face to the name.

• Debbie

August 24, 2016 at 9:33 pm

Ehen!! I was telling myself this looks like someone on the show

9. Adio_Braimoh

August 24, 2016 at 1:59 pm

If really she’s now FAB as envisaged, I felicitate with her. May she find happiness in her matrimonial home. HBD… LLnP and happy rumour reality to you.

10. mj

August 24, 2016 at 2:15 pm

hmmmm, i’m happy for her. I hope she gets it right this time and give us “Mini-Jenifas’.. lol

11. EC

August 24, 2016 at 2:34 pm

Most people are behind you. Happy happy years ahead with your husband. Privacy in this your industry is good

12. jinkelele

August 24, 2016 at 2:38 pm

BN
    What does ‘they have been dating for about awhile’ mean?
    Just say you don’t know how long they’ve dated. That’s all

13. Heleneventblog

August 24, 2016 at 3:08 pm

It’s good they took it off social media.. I guess some of our celebrities are beginning to learn a big lesson by keeping their private lives off social media. All the best to them ???

14. mary

August 24, 2016 at 3:47 pm

yes SDK reported it, and she said it is authentic, they had a secret wedding in London yesterday with few friends and family in attendance. . you can’t go wrong with SDK, i wish her the best. i hope she keeps her private life off social media now and keeps entertaining her fans with her work.

15. Teni

August 24, 2016 at 4:25 pm

I love how you said they dated for about “a while” aka, you don’t actually know how long they dated. LOL

16. Single Shalewa, Bitter Bintu!

August 24, 2016 at 4:46 pm

Let’s go easy with the SDK can never go wrong chants. LIB just exclusively revealed that Eku Edewor is about 7months gone and SDK is yet to fish it out. SDK blogged about Flavour being married, that still seems false to date and her AY/Mabel separation story still seems false.
    Let’s relax ehn.

• Ada Nnewi

August 24, 2016 at 5:28 pm

Why didn’t LIB blog when her sister laura was pregnant abi that she is pregnant..

• and so..

August 26, 2016 at 1:46 am

Laura is not pregnant I saw pictures of her with a friend last week in Linda’s new office complex and she’s not pregnant. The person that was pregnant is her other sister stupid Edna..

• Rekiya

August 24, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Flavour is MARRIED to SANDRA OKagbue. This has nothing to do with SDK whatever. I was born and raised in Enugu so I know! AY and Mabel did seperate. MABEL actually moved out while AY was in London. It was SDK’s reporting that prompted them to work on their marriage and “shame the devil.” Trust me AY and Mabel’s marriage was in the brink of collapse. I think SDK’s reporting helped that marriage because it forced them to work on it, seeing so many people were on their case. SDK is a seasoned journalist not a blogger. Blogging started is an offshoot of her jornalism not as a hobby turned money maker. That’s why she doesn’t report stories without verifying them and she’s swift to debunk false reports especially on her part.

• and so..

August 26, 2016 at 1:44 am

Abeg hush.. let’s hear something.. y’all ha r no problem dropping SDK’s name on other blogs but just mention LIB and you will see them barking like rabid dogs..
      Mscheeeew

• Anon

August 24, 2016 at 8:11 pm

The Eku pregnancy featured as a “rumour has it” item a few months ago. People decoded it as Eku and Chinny Odogwu.

• Anon

August 24, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Rumour has it on SDK.

17. anony

August 24, 2016 at 4:54 pm

secret marriage…hardly ends well..hmmm

• Derin87

August 24, 2016 at 5:13 pm

Oshey!!! Mr Analysis, Facts 101, Fortune Teller

• Ese V

August 24, 2016 at 7:15 pm

Secret from Social media and people like you does not mean secret from their friends and families. I’m sure they had their reasons and I wish them well.

• Somborri

August 25, 2016 at 1:41 pm

Ese V, God bless you! People assume that celebrities MUST divulge all and everything about their lives and social media encourages that foolishness. Even us who are not celebrities code events in our lives when we dont want the news to go far and wide, Are celebrities not entitled to discretion? Are they not human beings too?

And to the fella who was silly enough to type “secret marriages hardly end well”, your head correct so?

18. Disguised

August 24, 2016 at 5:02 pm

Ooohhhhh cute cute. I was admiring him in the last jenifa season. Awwww I love him for her.

19. mimi

August 24, 2016 at 6:01 pm

congrats Funke but pls tell JJC to get a life- no, -get his life or else he’ll start barring you from getting your. simple reason I don’t do f*ck boys

20. shalewa

August 24, 2016 at 6:49 pm

I so loooove Jenifa but what’s with her and these muslim men with children tinzzz jare.

• Tito

August 30, 2016 at 7:42 am

And what’s wrong with marrying a Muslim, do not conclude and see people through religion cos they are human see them through that fleshy part of them…what about those xtian homes that had issues in the past…

21. sdk lover

August 24, 2016 at 10:34 pm

yes sdk de try she and bn are codial
    we love both

22. msty

August 25, 2016 at 10:03 am

Happily ever after Funke… or let me entrench the new id – FAB; and babes you’re fabulous to rise higher. We love you more.

23. Ch

August 25, 2016 at 8:41 pm

She sure has an interesting taste in men. Wish her all the best..

24. david

September 5, 2016 at 5:59 pm

celelibrities end up wt shameful married