Events

Aliko Dangote & Bono Flag off the ‘Make Nigeria Strong’ Campaign: See Photos of Waje, D’banj, Asa, Toolz & More at the Event

BellaNaija.com

Make-Naija-Stronger-Campaign-Bono-Aliko-Dangote-Waje-Dbanj-August-2016-BellaNaija-002

In a bid to raise awareness for the plight of people living in IDP Camps and flooded areas,  Irish-born Rock star, Paul David, also known as Bono, and Aliko Dangote and the Federal Government are forging a partnership to raise funds for the Internally Displaced Persons(IDPs) in the North -East of Nigeria.

To flag off this partnership to raise 300 million dollars , they had an event which gathered celebrities as well as media personalities.

The guest list included Dr Kayode Fayemi, D’banj, Asa, Waje, Toolz Oniru-Demuren, Maria Okan, Tosyn Bucknor, Simi among others.

See some photos here:

Make-Naija-Stronger-Campaign-Bono-Aliko-Dangote-Waje-Dbanj-August-2016-BellaNaija-001 Make-Naija-Stronger-Campaign-Bono-Aliko-Dangote-Waje-Dbanj-August-2016-BellaNaija-008 Make-Naija-Stronger-Campaign-Bono-Aliko-Dangote-Waje-Dbanj-August-2016-BellaNaija-010 Make-Naija-Stronger-Campaign-Bono-Aliko-Dangote-Waje-Dbanj-August-2016-BellaNaija-009Make-Naija-Stronger-Campaign-Bono-Aliko-Dangote-Waje-Dbanj-August-2016-BellaNaija-011 Make-Naija-Stronger-Campaign-Bono-Aliko-Dangote-Waje-Dbanj-August-2016-BellaNaija-005 Make-Naija-Stronger-Campaign-Bono-Aliko-Dangote-Waje-Dbanj-August-2016-BellaNaija-003

Photo credit: Instagram/#MakeNigeriaStronger

1. Oluchi

August 30, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Sometime last week i beggd any1 to come to my aid dat i was in dire need of financial help, two people responded sndn me 2000 nd 1000 respectively makn a combined sum of 3000( if any other person put anytin other dan dis, den pls call me out for lying) i really appreciate dis two people though i can’t give dia name in respect to dia privacy. Its been almost 1wk now nd am still whr i was, am nt in a hospital bed nd am nt down wit any disease or sickness, am jst weak frm extreme hunger nd poverty, i am a final yr studnt, i haven’t paid my school fee for last session, i havnt paid my lodge fee for 2yrs so I’ve been told to leave, i cant afford another place, i dnt knw if i can squat wit anybody, I’ve always jst managed myself; sometimes i drink garri 2 times in a day nd dat keeps me going, no one knws wat goes on behind closed doors bt i cm out smilln, i can’t cope wit others livn standard, i cant afford it. I will b going bak to schl nxt month, pls i beg every1 who sees dis to help me go bak nd complete my schooling, am a final year student, i can prove all of dis claims if calld upon to do so. Am nt a fraud i jst nid help, i am one of millions of Nigerians frm less advantaged homes bt am one who has decided to come out to publicly beg for alms, my entire childhood nd teenage yrs has been lost to extreme penury, poverty, nd hunger, i jst really nid help now. D last time i said i was ashamed to b beggn, nd ys i truly was nd so i askd for 10000 naira, cos i culdn’t open up; am no longer ashamed to do dis, as i write dis am extremely hungry,dis might hav very well affected my thinkn u cant imagine wen last or wat i ate last, i really wnt 2 eat, am tired of d brown water we eat dat is calld soup, i wnt even if its one plate of gud food please Nigeria cm to my aid, i wuldn’t go to dis length if it isn’t serious. pls anybody, everybody help me, i knw am nothing more than a beggar bt pls if being calld dat will save me den so b it. bt if u cant help me financially den help me by telln me if suicide is a sin, for days now i hav been going thru d bible nd i can’t seem to find a place whr it is mentioned, i jst nid to knw. my acct no. is 0039705865, diamond bank, acct name: Oluchi O. nd pls put all like me in ur prayers cos life for us is nt worth living, we only see d beauty of d world thru other peoples eyes nd lives.

• De Duchess

August 30, 2016 at 3:16 pm

BN has been running the Emilinks 10k giveaway for the past few weeks. It is still on, you can try that too.
      So sorry and wish you the best.

• temi

August 30, 2016 at 3:37 pm

ORJI OLUCHI LOVETH! GOD BE WITH YOU! I HAVE JUST PUT 30K INTO YOUR ACCOUNT, KINDLY CHECK AND CONFIRM PLEASE! THANKS.

• Oluchi

August 30, 2016 at 6:46 pm

i haven’t gotten it bt as soon as i do i will let u knw, thank you nd God bless

• Oluchi

August 30, 2016 at 9:49 pm

dear @temi i greatly appreciate ur interest in helping,
      bt am still yet to receive such amount, bt i will let u
      knw as soon as i do. thanks for even caring

• largerthanlifealice

August 30, 2016 at 4:08 pm

pls do not kill ure self GOD loves you i just sent you 5k thats what i have have hope it gets better

• tunmi

August 30, 2016 at 4:14 pm

This thing is now annoying. Transfast asked for too many details so I left that one. For some reason western union wouldn’t go through and it wasn’t telling me why. Now MoneyGram is saying the account name doesn’t match the account number. What do I do now? I really want to send what I can because Oluchi indirectly helped me spot a security breach with my account.

• Pipi

August 30, 2016 at 6:18 pm

OLuchi please drop your phone number

2. Anon

August 30, 2016 at 3:07 pm

Bono has finally weighed in. I wonder what took him this long. Bono – cui bono? Bent as a nine bob note.

Love just his music.

3. De Duchess

August 30, 2016 at 3:23 pm

Anytime I see Dangote my heart smiles.
    I love the humility that comes with all the noise that surrounds him and all those stories of people that have had personal encounter with him makes him a plus.

4. Kay

August 30, 2016 at 3:26 pm

Irish pop star Paul Hewson and not David ,Thanks

• Anon

August 30, 2016 at 3:36 pm

All three. LOL! Paul David Hewson.

5. funmilola

August 30, 2016 at 3:48 pm

bn,where is asa?

6. Xplorenollywood.com

August 30, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Hello ORJI OLUCHI LOVETH, the Lord is your strength and your guide. While i have contributed my widow’s might, i just wanted to say, you need to find something you can do to sustain you while you study. You are at school, what do you study, what are you good at and how often can you work, where are you currently located and what opportunities are available there? Can you be a lesson teacher for kids or people trying to write JAMB? Can you clean offices or homes? Whatever is lacking in your area can be changed into a business opportunity, please look inwards and think. Also, like someone said here, the Emlinks competition is still on, craft a nice write-up on doors and who knows, you just might win.

Take kia!

7. jinkelele

August 30, 2016 at 4:56 pm

Has oluchi’s case been verified?

Dropping account numbers on BN with a story that could be made up is not it.

• Tosyn

August 30, 2016 at 5:50 pm

she no dey force anyone na, afterall she no talk say she dey die, nd we all knw dat dis is wat many people go thru in dis country, wit dis harsh economy sef i surprise sey she b d first weh dey ask for schl fee money

• Tope

August 30, 2016 at 6:18 pm

pls @jinkelele wat is dere to verify, dat someone said she cant afford school fees and school accommodation? is that too hard for u to believe? please what wealthy family are you from to b oblivious of the plight of everyday Nigerians, atleast she didn’t come with some claims of being in hospital or being afflicted with some dreaded disease so chill, if u don’t want to help, let those who don’t mind do, aferall it is our money not yours, 2morrow now you will hav problem and expect people to believe you are for real, if sge is a scam thrn it’s between her and her God

• i.j

August 30, 2016 at 11:12 pm

@jinkelele do u knw dat even in developed countries whr tins r gud dey hav stuffs like crowdfunding sites whr people go nd beg for money to take care of tins like dis or even smaller or bigger. we dnt have such in naija so she chose d only alternative, nd u feel u hav d right to try to make us tink she is fraud. people use crowdfunding sites to beg for money for breast implants nd dey get hundreds of thousands of dollars in few hours, dis is d problem wit Nigerians we, dnt like helpn each other nd its such a shame. pls let any one dat has put something for dis girl she no ask for millions.

8. Korutz

August 30, 2016 at 5:07 pm

D’banj always @ the table of men.

Cocoa Na Chocolate was the foundation of this #MakeNaijaStrong campaign.

D’banj is a god to be worship from #DoAgric to #GenderEquality now #MakeNaijaStrong.

I love D’banj more than myself

9. Korutz

August 30, 2016 at 5:09 pm

Online begging don dey.

Wonders shall never end.

May God help you oo

10. Oluchi

August 30, 2016 at 6:42 pm

i haven’t gotten it bt i will let u knw as soon as i do, thank you very much nd God bless.

11. Oluchi

August 30, 2016 at 9:48 pm

dear @temi i greatly appreciate ur interest in helping, bt am still yet to receive such amount, bt i will let u knw as soon as i do. thanks for even caring

• largerthanlifealice

August 31, 2016 at 10:35 am

did you get from one isiokeufere alice? 5k?

• Oluchi

August 31, 2016 at 11:24 am

yes i did, yesterday. am most grateful, thank you and GOD BLESS.

12. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

August 31, 2016 at 9:55 am

Biko, who’s Waje’s stylist, tell me nowwwww.

Waje, you too fine.

My brother go marry you. You ‘gree so?