Style

Toyin Lawani is Entrepreneur Extraordinaire on the cover of Vanguard Allure’s Fashion Edition

Toyin Lawani (1)Toyin Lawani is on the cover of Vanguard Allure’s latest issue.

She has been on the forefront of the fashion scene; taking it to a whole new level with her one stop store that caters for everything from styling to makeup to designing.

For this Cover feature, she sits down with Vanguard Allure’s Pamela Echemunor to discuss what she’s up to and what we should expect from her soon.

Pick up a copy of the magazine to read all about her!

Toyin Lawani (2)

1. Kosi

August 20, 2016 at 11:02 pm

I’ll give her A for being business savvy, but there’s always something tacky about her outfits.

2. deb

August 20, 2016 at 11:59 pm

I tot tally disagree with you. Toyin designs are edgy and wearable(some times eclectic in a fashionable way)How many Naija designers design the way she does?. All those other designers work with fabrics and make regular styles, then they do PR. Give it to her Toyin is creative. Rhianna, Madonna any Edgy artist can wear her designs

3. Only Truth

August 21, 2016 at 5:38 am

I will also give her A for being a business savvy, but nba (No) for her designs. Or she should stick to making aso ebi and not create any designs. I haven’t found any of her that I like. Those transformer designs , denim agbada, denim iro and Buba, the picture jumpsuit and a whole lots of them are big No. I can only imagine how much fabrics she must have wasted on them. I love the fact that she’s taking lots of risk but those designs are just not it. If they were, trust me people would have been rocking them by now. Dear Toyin, I’m not hating in any way but, this are things that come to my mind each time I see your work on your Instagram. Good luck!

• folasade

August 24, 2016 at 5:40 am

Im sure this is one of her haters,I have seen her create pieces that are not asoebi and they are like Boom, saw her show at africa fashion week nigeria,she got a standing ovation,not everyone can pull off that kind of show,from kids the old looking exceptional, love Tiannahs creative mind and everything she stands for,A Blessing to this Generation if i may say,She is one hard worker, Talk about ladies setting the pace for nigerian women, she’s number one on my list.
      she is the only Designer in Nigeria that actually Designs things my eyes have never seen before,only a hater will say they don’t see people Rocking her Designs ,when we all know fully well her Designs are Taking over,i had to visit her store the lastime I was in nig, got her denim agbada&they had my face designed on few of her creations, was shocked when I got into her outlet,She is Really doing it Big,too many edgy pieces got me tripping, she needs to stop focusing on the nigerian market and go international, they will worship the Ground she walks on there,Nigerians will never apreciate her raw talent,until she goes global, then they will start saying they know her,Tiannah I will always be your number one die hard fan, keep doing what you are doing, we see it all , you are a force to Reckon with.But try another Direction.

4. Tosin

August 21, 2016 at 10:54 am

Just doing her own over-the-top thing!!!
    omggg.
    funny thing is i think i know her from this year or last year on Bella, but I can’t tell because from her face she looks like … everybody. It’s all good. #OneFace #OneLove

5. folasade