Events

“No Friends, No Family, No Press” – Watch Tiwa Savage ask Tunde & Wunmi Obe (T.W.O) for Marriage Advice on Stage

Tiwa Savage_Tunde and Wunmi ObeTunde and Wunmi Obe have kept their love and marriage going for over two decades. They are also musical partners – two halves of T.W.O.

Last night at her 3 Thrones concert in Lagos, Tiwa Savage asked the couple what the secret is to their long lasting love.

Tiwa: “So I wanna ask a very, very important question. How have you guys lasted so long? And this isn’t just for stage. Yesterday I saw them and they were holding and hugging. So I was like OK now, there’s no camera here now, it’s enough.

So I want them to tell us the real truth …”

Wunmi said, “communication, friendship, patience, tolerance”

Tunde responded, “the only third party you gets involved in your marriage is God”

Tiwa replied, “so no family, no friends, no press” and they ended it with a “Nah!”

HIP TV captured the moment – watch here!

1. Salawu

October 24, 2016 at 5:23 pm

I hope she learns now.

I know ( 100percent FACT) she is back with her husband and it is no joke.
    It set a few people off that she will reconsider him but when you make things public, you kind of suffer the repercussion.
    That video will always be online and one thing people should know is solve your problems privately. Celebrate privately too.
    When people don’t know, they won’t know what to say.

On another note, where are all the people that claim that long lasting marriages are oppressive? I’ve seen people say that a lot here.

• Amaka

October 24, 2016 at 6:04 pm

This is amazing , theirs is exceptional. and i am so happy for them.

• Warrichic

October 25, 2016 at 7:11 am

Amazing how? Nigerian women and their ‘stay married or die trying’ mentality sha! This is how women who have so much going for them attach themselves to parasites.
      If she was your sister would you celebrate her return to that irresponsible manchild?
      People do not change overnight after 30+ years of irresponsibility! Maje Ayida, come and collect your fellow boy please.

• jhennique

October 25, 2016 at 8:16 am

Ah ahn! calm down. Im sure she is referring to the Obe’s.

• Anon

October 25, 2016 at 7:38 am

My dear, this your advice makes sense die! In fact ehn even when dating someone, don’t go telling all your friends every f- ups he or she does cos your friends and family may never forgive him and it may shock them to hear u are back with him, and it’s so awkward as you won’t know how to praise him or her in front of them when all the picture they have is the bad gist u gave them in the past. I learnt the hard way but I never take experience the bad way. Once bitten, a thousand times shy. This doesn’t apply to abuse/violence of any form though. Overall, I think God is my best friend and family all in one now.

• Cece

October 26, 2016 at 2:44 pm

You are so right Anon. Lol
      A friend of mine had told me how she didn’t like her now husband because the ‘sausage’ was way too tiny, she just couldn’t deal. I pleaded and asked her to look beyond all that because he didn’t create himself but she just wouldn’t hear me out. She went ahead to even describe the size using a certain painting as illustration. TMI!
      Fast forward to her birthday, the bobo bought her a car and took her to Paris, the story changed.
      Same girl started singing of how much she loved him and how he’s the best thing that ever happened to her… Now they are married with a child on the way, and each time I see them together, I can’t help but imagine how much she suffers in ‘the other room’ just because she chose to marry for material things.
      The funny part is, she has forgotten her disgust for this man when they initially met, so out of guilt, she brags about how her husband is so huge, and i’ld just be nodding and laughing in my mind.
      Girls need to learn to keep their private lives very private. I don’t discuss certain things with nobody because, i may forget but my friends/family will NEVER FORGET.

• ATL's finest

October 27, 2016 at 5:37 pm

@ Anon me LOVE u long time.. It’s like u just described me lol. Folks say I’m secretive & very private but oh well it’s for a reason and I’m NOT willing to share/hawk my business around after all, NO1 is perfect & even those u see acting like they got it going, theirs is F*ed up too as in ehn big time. U don’t want any1 looking at your partner with a side eye look when truly, he/she means well. The negative image that is painted in our minds is very hard to clear off. Only U will know the good but not others :). So I always say ‘THINK’ twice before U air your relationship anywhere. As long as u ain’t abusing me physically or using me as your bunching bag while Ur mates r in Iraq saving the County, I’m GOOD 🙂 everything else, can be handled privately. On a brighter side, I’m so happy for TIWA & hopefully it goes very well this time around. Even these days, to rejoice in public ‘I NO DO’. All I can do is give God the glory & move along?.

2. Olu

October 24, 2016 at 5:25 pm

“the only third party you gets involved in your marriage is God”

Preach!
    ………………..although ‘some’ people will still not listen!

3. madman

October 24, 2016 at 5:28 pm

Go on NGL and you’ll realize that not all that glitters is gold. Everyone buries heavy secrets in their closet. Your purpose, journey, time and life is different – therefore, no one can give another advice on marriage. Learn from your parents and pick and choose what works best for you.

• Person

October 24, 2016 at 6:05 pm

Your parents ke? On what not to do so you don’t end up like them, yeah? God forbid I end up in my parents kind of marriage under any circumstances whatsoever. Affliction shall not rise a second time. Kaka bee, I will remain team single and alone. Wara die pelu itelorun, you know!

• Moi

October 24, 2016 at 7:26 pm

My sista/broda, you have said it well. Have a marriage like my parents? lailai #kolewerk

• ATL's finest

October 27, 2016 at 5:46 pm

AMENNNNN??????? I DON’T care how long they ve been together. My own shall be better than theirs & my children’s won will be BETTER/GREATER than mine IJN. No be curse na prayer 🙂 Oru kor Jesu

• Tee

October 24, 2016 at 8:11 pm

Person and Moi you’re in the spirit ??.. I was reading with intent, then I read “…like your parents” it went left from there?

• Anon

October 24, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Okay, some parents. Is that better? 50 years and still going strong. My role models.

• "changing moniker"

October 25, 2016 at 5:43 am

****changes the statement to; like some(of our) parents , not all…

• Puzzless

October 25, 2016 at 6:08 pm

I don’t want a marriage like that of my parents.

I want one way better than that of my parents. I’m sure they wish this for me.

4. Danni.

October 24, 2016 at 5:43 pm

I wish all of them the best truly and I had to click and watch, not just look at the picture, to be sure it wasn’t just camera angles, and EVERYONE on that stage needs to lose some weight. Two, for health reasons, one because if you’re going to be dressed like that, your thighs and hips are not yet at the ideal; weight/look for that.

And that outfit just doesn’t look good.

• CHEEK

October 24, 2016 at 5:59 pm

I THINK SAY NA ONLY ME SEE AM O

5. Queen Of Sheba

October 24, 2016 at 5:54 pm

And some newly wedded celebrities will still ask same question and wonder why the older generation still celebrate silver and jubilee!!!
    Oh well, the answer is simple but difficult to practice:
    No social media!!
    No social media!!!
    No social media!!!

Some personal & private issues in marriages are better left personal & private cos the Internet never forgets and besides if we all don’t know, we all we never know what happens in your homes.

• sweet breeze

October 24, 2016 at 8:30 pm

Marriages have been falling apart way before social media became a thing. I personally think social media does nothing to make or Mar a relationship. I don’t even see or understand how that works.

6. FAN

October 24, 2016 at 6:12 pm

sometimes parental advice is needed on major issues,not everybody is matured mentally.

7. hadiza

October 24, 2016 at 6:17 pm

It will be a shame if Tiwa gets back with that pig. A shameless mad man who embarrassed her on social media and called her names. I will truly be disappointed of she goes back to that swine. She better divorce that thing bcos, when he acts out again. Nobody will be there to sympathize with her. No man deserves a second chance or even a chance seff. they are all bastards.

• Wendie.x

October 24, 2016 at 6:33 pm

Is it your shame??? How that wan take consign you

• Marlvina

October 24, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Hadiza a.k.a real Nigerian I know ur allergic to love. It’s her marriage and if she chooses to give it a second chance it’s none of your business. It’s not like she personally called you for your advice during the issue with Tbillz.

8. jide

October 24, 2016 at 6:36 pm

Lmao. Not surprised Tiwa went back. The struggle for a Nigerian girl to get married and stay married is real. Na here we go dey. Tunji’s madness didn’t start with you so how you think it will end with you is way pass my basic comprehension. The stubborn fly follow the corpse into the coffin enter grave.

• good girl

October 24, 2016 at 7:43 pm

yes she’s back with him..she loves him and maybe he has vowed to change but this time around with zero media coverage ..who are we to tell adults what to do or how to love ..to each his own

• Risiquat

October 24, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Jide baby, you must chop kisses from me wherever you are! So Tiwa is that weak and foolish? No, she wants to die before she learns, abi? This Teebillz who is perpetually hiding from law enforcement is what Tiwa wants, abi? No problem! Tiwa sef na mental case.

9. Anon

October 24, 2016 at 6:47 pm

When people say no social media… as if the past marriages were so great. Something being secret doesn’t make it great. Why do we like ignoring reality

10. Nene

October 24, 2016 at 8:07 pm

Question for the gods. Tiwa’s husband and Tunde Obe can never be compared. Tunde Obe is a graduate and a respectable man. Marry the right person and the marriage will last. Marry for character and love, not appearance or money or good sex.

• Netizen

October 24, 2016 at 11:15 pm

Please let people marry for any reason they want. Who are you to tell them not to marry for sex or money or beauty or education or whatever? Even love has its consequences. When you’re hungrily in love and your kids are cring for food, your eyes go clear. But at least, you are in it for love *yimu* Even in our parents’ time we all so like to quote as example, a lot of them married for religious reasons. They like to call it love but we all know better. Please everyone should follow whatever path they choose and deal with the consequences. No path is a 100%

11. Ms

October 24, 2016 at 8:24 pm

I am truly happy for her of indeed she has decided to give her marraige another.chance. Her son deserves the effort. Tunji is a great guy and will not disapploint her. Who wouldn’t want him back? He has never hit a woman in his life and that for me, says it all.

Perhaps she was just asking out of curiosity to apply to a future relationship or as a way of paying compliment to TWO.

• Louisa

October 24, 2016 at 11:45 pm

Hi Tunji

12. GY Online NG

October 24, 2016 at 9:35 pm

T.W.O are right that the only third party in any relationship should be God. Hope Tiwa could learn from her past mistake of recording visual interview of herself revealing dirty secret of her family in this technology age.

• Californiabawlar

October 25, 2016 at 1:28 am

That interview WASN’T a mistake.
      Especially if she went back…this time around he’ll think twice before misyarning online.

13. Kai, African Women are Foolish!!

October 24, 2016 at 9:44 pm

I don’t understand women oo
    He has been a f-boy for 30+ years before you met him
    Had a baby with another woman the year you got marriedmarried
    Steals your money
    Cheats on you openly
    Went online to expose your marital problems and call you and your mom unprintable names
    He doesn’t want to work
    You caught him doing cocaine
    We haven’t even talked about the allegations that he beats you.
    AND YOU TAKE HIM BACK?
    This is not love, my dear. This is stupidity to the 200th degree! He has lived on this earth for almost 40 years! Other women did not change him. Is it you that will change him? Walahai! Some women are fooooools!!!

• jide

October 24, 2016 at 11:57 pm

You have said it all but like I said, na here we go dey. A dry fish cannot be folded or unfolded. Tiwa has just signed the contract to suffer in silence like most women do. You think the entire time you were in Houston and Australia, Tunji was just at home watching African Magic and eating Shawarma? All of a sudden Edible Catering closed down her shop and all is well in paradise? You wish Tiwa. You really wish. Signed by the same Jide who warned you about Tunji’s LA days.

• Sammie

October 25, 2016 at 9:23 am

And he’s also tall dark and handsome so all is forgiven…………………. Well until she reaches menopause.

14. californiabawlar

October 24, 2016 at 11:51 pm

How can you marry a Tee-Billz and expect a marriage like Tunde Obe’s? lmao….kolewerk!
    I mean…He’s educated, hardworking, and was a heartthrob with a squeaky clean image in his hayday.
    More importantly…when most men would have cheated and justified cheating on their wives because of weight issues…Uncle Tunde packed on almost 150 pounds so that he and his wife will become to-match…If that is not a man that’s committed to the cause, tell me who is.

Sister mi Tiwa…abeg go and collect advice from someone more erratic like Charley Boi.

• "changing moniker"

October 25, 2016 at 5:50 am

Haha….
      He did right??
      That’s a REAL man…
      And now, they’ll lose it together.

• person

October 25, 2016 at 7:06 am

Lmaooooo to-match weight goals. Californiabawlar u must be my friend. Lmaoooo

• Moyo

October 25, 2016 at 8:31 am

packed on 150 pounds to match his wife. Looooooooooooooooool.

15. Ms

October 25, 2016 at 12:20 am

Dear Kai
    A real woman doesn’t wish to change her man. We love despite the flaws, sometimes because.of rhe flaws. We love because they complete us . Any womn seeking perfection in marriage is going to be extremely unhappy s that does not exist. They only

• Warrichic

October 25, 2016 at 5:19 am

I 300% disagree with this comment. What kind of comment is this,,, Or are you Tiwa Savage ni?
      Nigerian women haf tire me!
      This is how women continue to love wife-beaters ‘despite the flaws’ and end up in their graves! Same with women who continue to love chronic philanderers till the man has fathered many nations outside the marital home and deposited hot AIDS/HIV in your body. Some will continue to love ‘despite the flaws’ and the man would be the one to even leave you finally!
      Biko, not everybody is good for us or deserving of our love.

• Nadi

October 25, 2016 at 9:33 pm

@ms I just have to correct u on that, no man/woman on earth can complete u, that’s the mistake u people keep making, maybe thats y therz many failed marriages ,couple are suppose to complement each other not complete.

16. Josephine

October 25, 2016 at 8:21 pm

I must be in denial but until I see proof I can never believe Tiwa will go back to Tunji. After all he did? How?

• ATL's finest

October 27, 2016 at 5:40 pm

Why won’t she??? That’s her life & she’s grown to decide on that. Folks did worse. Hillary didn’t move an inche from Bill Clinton when him & Monica Lewinsky got it going . How public & humiliating can that be ? But today nko hmmm or u think she wasn’t smart enough to keep him around? That didn’t stop her from punishing him inwardly as well.