Music

New Video: Adekunle Gold – Friend Zone

Fresh off his debut album, Gold, Adekunle Gold delivers yet another endearing video to the track, Friend Zone, which was directed by Patrick Elis.

The video has cameo appearance from the popular Instagram comic act, Mama Tobi and depicts the song’s title to effect.

Watch it here:

1. sylvester

October 3, 2016 at 1:03 pm

beautiful record.

2. Kyjuan

October 3, 2016 at 2:39 pm

been looking forward to this one.

3. The Real Ama Ghana

October 3, 2016 at 3:09 pm

This made my day! I love love love!!!! Funny too 🙂

4. EC

October 3, 2016 at 5:48 pm

I lile the video and love Adekunle Gold. I don’t however get the correlation between singing friend zone to this girl in Yoruba no less. (Nothing wrong with her just storyline)

Adekunle oyinbo girl is not calling you “unku”. Lol

I am looking forward to other videos from him.

5. Sholablow

October 3, 2016 at 6:27 pm

Loooool….mama Tobi killed it sha. And Adekunle is forever my crush oooo ??

6. Nk

October 3, 2016 at 11:27 pm

How will an oyibo girl be calling you brother and uncle! This is so unrealistic and totally lack of brains that actually think! Just fire all your people who are supposed to help you think for casting an oyibo for a perfect and beautifully written song for the Nigerian girl next door. Sometimes they say common sense is not that common after all!

7. gels

October 4, 2016 at 1:38 am

I’d like to think that someone as indigenous and authentic as adekunle gold would not put a white girl in the video ‘just because’. ‘Hello sisi, look my face, I no be your brother. E be like say you make mistake, you no be my sister’. I think the whole point of using a caucasian was to make it obvious that they are far from being related. Thumbs up for the creativity, adekunle gold.

8. AHausaChickInToronto

October 4, 2016 at 2:25 am

All these oyinbo oyinbo girls you people are using na wa…. instead of you people to use a very beautiful chocolate skinned girl or a fine yellow Igbo girl, it makes your videos a lot more appealing. I don’t know sha, it’s just my opinion. Mr Gold abeg do a video for temptation or Alabere nurse and don’t use all these yollos oyinbo girls please.

9. Teju TJ

October 4, 2016 at 2:44 am

so they couldn’t find a black female to use in this video?

10. cheryl

October 4, 2016 at 8:22 am

lovely video as usual, so y’all wants him to use a black chic wen his lyrics reads “yellow sisi” clp 4 yaselves, same ppl would av still bashed him if he used a black gurl and sing yellow sisi to her, enjoy d music and video and go pls

11. prince

October 7, 2016 at 5:26 am

i see no reason why Kunle Gold will not feature Nigerian lady for this beautiful Video anyways he must have his reasons.
    please keep promote our culture as you always do.

12. prince kimetro

October 7, 2016 at 5:27 am

please keep promote our culture as you