Style

Forty & Fabulous! Tara Fela-Durotoye stuns on the cover of ThisDay Style magazine as She turns 40 | Photography by Ty Bello

BellaNaija Style

Tara Fela-Durotoye, CEO of award winning makeup brand; House of Tara International is serving major cover girl goals for ThisDay Style magazine’s latest issue as she marks her 40th birthday.

Photographer and gospel artist Ty Bello shared these beautiful images with a sweet tribute to celebrate her dear friend. Read below

Tara Taraliscious…she taught me how to reverence God and the importance of setting standards .. and then surpassing them. Of having courage and wisdom to change when a season was over.. Knowing the time to evolve…l promise you I didn’t like it .. I was just 13. I wondered why anyone had to be so focused … so principled…so clear about who she was ..so GROWN..all the time. !!
Tara was already 40 when she was 21..it’s taken time for her to get here. Hmm. Aunty Tara … Tok true .. wish age you done rish now ?..Don’t be deceived ..this woman got to 40 in the 90’s so she’s just laughing at all of us and playing along.
Like I said…I didn’t ‘like’ it .. I was only thirteen and I wanted to float around on a cloud for a bit.. figure out who I was …. etc etc… but Mewe ( as we called her then) had it figured out.. she not only saw herself but who You were in the future and carried ( more like DRAGGED you) along .
As we grew I started liking it small small. Tara became some kind of private advertisement for the future.. she was ‘efiko’enough to do the ‘Future ‘ before everyone and as she grew she no longer dragged you along kicking and screaming .. she learned … to nudge.. to pull… to hold your hand … many times at 5 am in the morning.
Tara is a great friend to have. We have a truly unique friendship and I love and understand the irreplaceable role she plays in my life’s journey. She’s an amazing gift from God . .. So aunty Mewe..keep climbing.. flying .. and shining…we are all watching and we really really .. really like it. !!!
Stay beautiful…TY Bello

she looks stunning

2. Obiora

March 5, 2017 at 3:56 pm

Love the dress by @feronaofficial

3. Ebii

March 5, 2017 at 4:06 pm

Thanks God for her life… bless God. But sha makeup no help somepple. Tnk God the hubby love her like that. More grace Tara

• Deb

March 5, 2017 at 4:41 pm

If you understand life,you will know that there is more than having a beautiful woman. A beautiful soul is what makes the world go round. Good chemistry, good sex,talent, intelligence and resourcefulness are hard attributes to find and not exclusive to beautiful women.

• Bruness

March 5, 2017 at 5:20 pm

@ Deb wisely said. This is exactly what I tell my brothers. I equally tell them when they come across such a soul they should hold on and never let go.

• Authentic Sunshine

March 5, 2017 at 5:11 pm

WTF are you on?. She looks fabulous. With or without make up. Otondo KMT

• nne

March 5, 2017 at 5:51 pm

Stop using your mouth to block your own blessings. This woman has accomplished a lot, give her props or say nothing. No need to make mean spirited comments.

• Anne

March 5, 2017 at 6:43 pm

Beautiful Tara. Now, this is what I call wear what suits you. You don’t need to show flesh. Elegant and classy yet decent and for the person who said make up does not help some people. Sit down there whilst this woman becomes an empire. She has a husband some girls dream about, she has good children
      Sit down there. No one knows you all over. She is making her mark
      How can you insult someone who is more relevant than you?

• Topz

March 6, 2017 at 1:06 pm

Very true and well said !!!!

• Frank teacher

March 5, 2017 at 8:26 pm

She’s like old wine, better looking with age…

4. Valentina

March 5, 2017 at 4:40 pm

@Ebii she’s a natural beauty, she doesn’t even need this makeup. Her complexion is ? ? ?

5. Ms B

March 5, 2017 at 5:01 pm

Tara is blessed beyond measure. Trailblazer; devoted wife; loving mother; focused; determined; achiever. God bless you ma

6. Lol

March 5, 2017 at 5:25 pm

Wow, this is so beautiful. Happy 40th. Does TY do weddings? Anyone have an idea what the range of her charges are?

7. To

March 5, 2017 at 7:51 pm

How many times does a person turn 40?
    Quite a few times if you are a Naija babe, there’s official age, international passport age and primary school age, etc. I had to do a double take. What????

• adelegirl

March 6, 2017 at 10:36 am

Tara is indeed 40. Her accomplishments in such a relatively short time would easily fool one into think she’ much older but she is indeed just turning 40. What TY says about her is indeed the truth. I also knew her as “senior” Mewe Sagay in secondary school. She was one of the prefects and I still remember how she used to gather us in her room for fellowship, sharing God’s word with us and teaching us songs. One of the songs she taught us then and I think she composed it herself is still ringing in my head and even though I cannot remember all the words, I shall try: “Lord, I live by your word, by your word, Lord I live by every word from your mouth, I’m like a tree (by the stream) I’m bearing fruits, my leaves are green, all that I do is prospering, O Lord, I live by your word.”
      Happy Birthday TFD! Continue to flourish and fulfill God’s ordained purpose for your life!

• Ada_ugo

March 6, 2017 at 3:03 pm

that’s beautiful!

• Ekwu

March 10, 2017 at 12:51 pm

She is indeed 40. I attended high school with Tara (Mewe as we used to call her back then). Actually She was my school mother then – used to protect me from the bullies then. Always has been a person of integrity, even as a kid!

8. Mazzy Uzo

March 5, 2017 at 8:02 pm

Happy 40th Birthday, and I still find TY work very interesting

9. Lola

March 5, 2017 at 9:00 pm

Love the @fashpa outfit she is wearing on the cover so classy gosh

10. 'Diddie

March 5, 2017 at 9:31 pm

Happy 40th birthday to one of my role models, Tara Fela Durotoye! Wish her long life in good health and prosperity

11. iou

March 5, 2017 at 9:56 pm

I thought she was older than 40, not because of her looks but because of her many accomplishments

12. PD Young Billionaire

March 6, 2017 at 2:47 am

I admire this woman and her hubby.Lovely couple,lovely kids.God bless them.Happy 40th ma’am!

13. Adaobi

March 6, 2017 at 8:37 am

Tara, looking good in all her outfits.