EFCC Arrests Man for Extortion, Currency Counterfeiting and Impersonation…Recovers 26 Items
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) Kaduna Zonal office, has arrested one Hussaini Mohammed of Tanko Road Barakallahu Kaduna State following a petition received from the Kaduna State Vigilance Service for alleged case of extortion, currency counterfeiting and impersonation of the Nigerian Police Force.
Hussaini is alleged to have on several occasions disguised as a Corporal in the Nigeria Police Force having collected monies in order to secure the release of suspects from the Police. He was caught in the act while trying to extort money from another party.
Following the record of his statements an authorized search warrant was carried out and following items were recovered from him.
1. 7 pieces of suspected fake 1000 Naira notes
2. 4 pieces of suspected fake 100 US dollar notes
3. 1000 & 2000 Mauritanian currency notes
4. 2 Police Warrant card
5. 1 Nigerian Police bullet proof jacket
6. 8 pieces of new and old etisalat sim cards
7. 1 Police Community Relations Committee (PCRC) membership ID card
8. One crested Police belt
9. 5 Police customized trousers
10. 2 customized Police shirts
11. 1 Police Lanyard
12. 1 handcuff
13. 1 Police case file with documents
14. Motor vehicle particulars
15. 1 motorcycle plate number with the inscription ” Babane 96″
16. 1 Motor vehicle plate number with registration No. BG 543 RSH
17. 2 police badges with different rank
18. A small bag containing Peugeot car documents
19. Police crown
20. 1 first bank ATM verve card with name, Muhammad Sagir
21. 1 camouflage ‘P’ cap
22. 3 charms
23. 1 Police sweater
24. 1 techno handset
25. 1 small size pocket bag teargas
26. 1 fake National ID card
The EFCC says investigation into the matter is ongoing.