Style

Shade Okoya is all Shades of Gorgeous as She Covers ThisDay Style Magazine’s Latest Issue | Photography by Ty Bello

BellaNaija.com

Shade Okoya is all shades of gorgeous as she serves major cover girl goals on ThisDay Style magazine’s latest issue celebrating her 40th birthday.

Photographer and gospel artist Ty Bello shared these beautiful images with a sweet tribute to celebrate her dear friend. Read below

I’ve photographed Shade Okoya for over ten years. I love this woman. She absolutely understands where I’m trying to go with the images and she actively works alongside the whole time as if she wasn’t the client..an amazing collaborator. This is one shoot where I never need a stylist..she knows what works..she just does.
For her 40th portrait I looked for interesting ways to pay homage to some of the strong images I had made of her in the past. The red outfit that seemed to float over the furniture was a mimic of the portrait I made of her years ago in water with fabric floating around her.
The gold outfit with the net was a remake of portraits I made at her wedding.We brought in some interesting jewelry she designed her self from the day as well.. amazing ..It was fun finding new ways to revisit old themes .

This is what growing up is about .. owning ALL our experiences .. the lessons we’ve learnt..our triumphs and even our failures.. ..growing up means wearing them as badges..knowing we earned who we’ve become .. Beautifully growing up means wearing them as crowns.. celebrating the journey .. This beautiful woman celebrates her 40th birthday today.Im taking this opportunity to celebrate her kindness .
A few months ago..I had mentioned in conversation that a friend of mine who stayed not too far from her was ill. Shade called back to get her number…got her address and organized meals for her twice a day..everyday..I don’t even know how long this went on.. For someone she had never met. Its become clear to me..its our virtues that really adorn us \..much more beautifully than what we put on . Thank you for being beautiful S.O happy birthday

See more photos below

Credit
Photography – @tybello
Makeup [email protected]_lag
Hair – @goodhairltd and @bernardsmiless

1. Mimi

April 30, 2017 at 10:30 pm

Ofcos, the pics must be accompanied by an epistle by Tybello. Ty ur shots are becoming a dejavu! Seen one, seen all. That 1st shot with the green fabric & pink background has been overused. The smokey pic editing too is overflogged. Time to try sumtn diff Tybello. Buckle up before you r left behind.

• Red

May 2, 2017 at 5:49 am

Buuuuuuuuuuutttttt, I agree with Mimi. Facts! In as much as I love and adore TY, her work is becoming monotonous. Boring. Verbose. Look at the new photogs; Emmanuel Oyeleke, EleanorGoodey, BigHstudios, They keep pushing their elements. This is not about hating TY. A simple critique won’t hurt.

2. Brenda

May 1, 2017 at 10:59 am

@ Mimi, Ty is getting more business for the beauty of her work and you are here criticising. Why don’t you show us the work you yourself have done so we can learn? Empty Barrel

3. Teetee

May 1, 2017 at 3:33 pm

@Mimi…so you’re telling one of the trailblazers in the industry she’s getting left behind….na so….and she’s there from pillar to post perfecting her skills and making money…madam adviser, you do well!
    Here’s a word of wisdom….put all that energy into your own thing, whatever it may be…..so you don’t get left behind!

4. Geraldine

May 1, 2017 at 4:24 pm

Beautiful woman. Ty, you’re too much.

5. xplorenollywood.com

May 1, 2017 at 7:36 pm

I’m not Mimi’s, police or Voltron, but she does have a point! Now being left behind might be a long shot, but if u compare TYs last 2 photoshoot from Tara to the Pastor’s wife, plus the songstress or was it chorister, all 4 ladies(that’s inclusive of Sade) have the same look and feel in common! For someone in the creative field, having similar looks is a turn off! But at the same time @Mimi, maybe this is TYs team for birthday shoots! As her shots of Jumoke, Dolapo Oni’s pre-wedding are not too similar!

#letslearntolove #construtivecritismshouldbeaccepted #beobjective