Scoop

Tallulah Doherty Joins Toke Makinwa & Bolanle Olukanni as Co-Host of Moments Nigeria

BellaNaija.com

TV presenter Tallulah Doherty has just shared this exciting news!

She took to her Instagram page to make the announcement that she has joined Toke Makinwa and Bolanle Olukanni as co-host on EbonyLife TV‘s talks show Moments – Girls Talks, Nigeria. She shared the photo above captioning it:

Keeping this secret was literally the hardest thing ever! I’m so excited to be part of the Moments Nigeria family, it’s literally a dream come true. I promise to be as open and honest as I can be, and I’m looking forward to hearing everyone’s feedback. Thank you so much to @moabudu for believing in me, for being an amazing boss and this once in a lifetime opportunity @bolanle and @tokemakinwa for welcoming me so warmly and really making me feel so comfortable and at home. My first episode airs tomorrow at 7.30pm, please tune in if you can! #MomentsNigeria #Ebonylifetv #workmode #blessedandthankful

1. Mystique

May 4, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Toke is now “half-caste”…….. always wondered if kids born to dark skinned women who later bleached would turn out fair or dark???? runs away. nobody should come for me o. ejor *tongue out*

2. Ms Kunms

May 4, 2017 at 3:53 pm

See how white Toke looks. chai! Congrats Tallulah. Make the most of the opportunity.

3. mimi

May 4, 2017 at 5:31 pm

the yankee wanna me pretentious show – fake fake fake
    everything about them is so fake
    accent changes from naija, to american to british
    Please Ms Mo, you and your whole team should pick a struggle.
    If you want to showcase to the world this is africa you failied. They dont represent even 1%

• funmilola

May 4, 2017 at 5:51 pm

My thoughts exactly….. Ebony TV does not represent Africa at all

• Chi chi

May 4, 2017 at 5:56 pm

Mimi i wish i could like your comment 5o freaking million times! Issa no for me dawg! they are all fake with there fake accents! I cringe every time i watch this girls its laughable! We need more real talk shows with substance! not this hotness they call a show! zero content, zero creativity and recycled guest! just a big no!

• Laniks

May 5, 2017 at 8:46 am

I think Bolanle is intelligent and i dont think she speaks with a fake accent.

• Jade Edo babe

May 4, 2017 at 9:58 pm

Fake skin, fake hair, fake accent, fake everything. Nigerians can we be real and down to earth for a second. All this oversabi is getting old.

4. Kay

May 4, 2017 at 6:32 pm

I’m going to miss Michelle Dede 🙁

5. Frank teacher

May 4, 2017 at 6:34 pm

I don’t know the new girl, don’t watch a lot of TV anyways,
    But I think Michelle is a bit more real than the rest, but then again, what do I know, I don’t watch a lot of TV.
    So, where’s Michelle?

6. Lailatu

May 4, 2017 at 7:05 pm

True that, Michelle was more real. She didn’t try too hard like Toke or be all idealistic like Bolanle. P.S. Bolanle, I do like you. ?

7. Scoop!

May 4, 2017 at 9:23 pm

So. Anyone gonna give us the scoop on why Michelle did a Dolapo Obi on the show or nah?

• Scoop!

May 4, 2017 at 9:24 pm

Oni

8. Ayishaa

May 4, 2017 at 9:31 pm

This show needs someone like sushi yemmie…someone that is real and down to earth

• Sunshiney

May 9, 2017 at 5:03 pm

I agree, I watch Nigerian and Ghanaian shows on a fairly regular basis. As a Caribbean person I like to see what black people in other parts of the world are doing, but I find it strange that on so many of these shows or vlogs the hosts all seemingly have a foreign accent whether it is fake or not. I too have studied in the developed world for a few years but I am a proud West Indian and I will never allow my Trini accent to die. Why don’t many Nigerian tv hosts speak with a Nigerian accent? After all, an accent has nothing to do with proper English grammar. It is why I enjoy Sisiyemmie so much, because she is relatable and speaks like I expect an Nigerian to speak.

I can understand those who went abroad as children or those who were born overseas but everyone else… I just don’t get the “put-on” American and/or English accent at all!!!

9. Ayishaa

May 4, 2017 at 9:32 pm

Sorry meant sisi yemmie

• Honestina

May 4, 2017 at 9:49 pm

I prefer Sushi yemmie

10. Jane

May 4, 2017 at 10:22 pm

So MO just tries to show that Nigeria is not as bush as outsiders perceive. She tries to bring out the polished side of naija, to show that we are also up there and can compete with the world ‘s Pop culture. While I agree that there is still a lot to be done to showcase Africa, I think she should be applauded so far. I also agree that the phonetics be toned down.

• Katniss

May 4, 2017 at 11:18 pm

Which is good but the problem with that is that you may lose touch with your primary audience, Nigerians. My best El show is still The Spot, was sad to see it end.

11. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

May 5, 2017 at 10:37 am

But Toke Makinwa is Mo Abudu’s friend

Think about it

If you are an employer, you may choose to employ your friends

Which you would believe they or she or he, are or is an asset or assets to your company, organisation, country ……

If the foreign accent is an issue in Nigeria, for example

Remember: Mo Abudu did not grow up in Nigeria Mo Abudu has worked with International Companies, she meets foreigners a lot. She represents the foreign aspect of Nigeria well, Ifeyinwa Chineze Atuanya’s opinions

She attended Ashford school for Girls in Kent United Kingdom