Music

“Harrysong is talented but he needs guidance” – Kcee

BellaNaija.com

"Harrysong is talented but he needs guidance" - KceeSinger Kcee has said that Five Star Music, owned by his brother Emeka Okonkwo (aka E-Money) gave Harrysong the platform to succeed, adding that the later, although talented, needs guidance.

A couple of months ago, the former label mates were entangled in a legal and social media drama following Harrysong’s exit from the music label.

Their dispute was, however, publicly settled by veteran musician Daddy Showkey and Kcee seemingly gave Harrysong his blessings for his new record label.

However, in an unexpected twist, Kcee has filed new (fundamental human rights) charges against Harrysong with their former manager Soso Soberekon also named as a co-respondent.

Harrysong shared a copy of the legal document on his Instagram page stating that he “success causes (Kcee) running stomach”.

Speaking to PUNCH’s Saturday Beats, Kcee said:

When Harrysong was with us, we paid for his video shoots. He never travelled with his money and I am saying that with all confidence. I challenge him to contradict what I am saying. When I met Harrysong, he had no visa on his passport. We gave him his visas. He travelled business class even when he had yet to release any song under Five Star. He started travelling business class locally and internationally just to build self-esteem and confidence. We did all that because we wanted him to live like a king as a Five Star artiste. He travelled on a five star level. He shot all his videos internationally and I can show you all the invoices. Most of his videos were shot abroad.

Kcee added that Harrysong should be careful as he knows the “situation and the condition”.

He stated that Harrysong never influenced their sound, adding that everyone contributed at one point or the other to their individual songs.

He said:

Harrysong knows the situation and the condition that he is and I just hope he would be careful. He needs to be careful. Harrysong never influenced our sound; instead we polished his sound and we added more groove to it.

Harrysong is talented but he needs guidance. For me, I have my own weaknesses and he also has his element. I started as a DJ and I know what the people want and I direct his music. If you ask most of our producers, I changed the direction of his song, Better Pikin.

He sometimes advised in my song; we had a collaborative relationship.. When you work as a team, it does not mean you own everybody; you cannot just write somebody off.

Can you think back to 2002 when I won Star Quest, it was a talent hunt, we wrote songs to win the contest. Asa was part of it. Nigga Raw, Klint The Drunk, The Natives, and a lot of young talents were there, we went through that and won. Asa was crying when she lost and her father was consoling her, I saw her. Nobody gave us a chance during the contest. I won Star Quest and I was signed under Kennis Music where I recorded about three albums with them; who was writing my songs then?

I recorded hit songs. Now Harrysong is gone and I am due to release my album, who wrote the songs on my album for me? I need some credit. Because you bring in one or two inputs does not mean you should look down on anybody, it is wrong. We are all human and I deserve some credit. I have been in this industry for a while.

1. Tamunoimama

July 8, 2017 at 9:35 am

Take it cool Kcee.
    I really understand your pain.

• Somebody

July 8, 2017 at 11:28 am

Take it cool gini? Kcees’s case is worse; he needs both Talent and Guidance.

• Jade Edo babe

July 9, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Which kin pain. Kcee sounds controlling and has that mentality that someone else can’t move forward without his involvement. If harrysong broke a contract, sort it out in peace. Na by force to counsel.
      Kcee should learn from Olamide he nurtures his artists, and they do their own thing afterwards. And his artists always speak highly of him. Much respect to olamide.

Kcee should focus more on completing his bleaching journey. So, all this heavy makeup, airbrush will stop. Now, he has Asian eyes in those pics abi na contour.
      Infact, he should just completely say no to bleaching, he looks weird.

2. Omo ajorosun

July 8, 2017 at 9:50 am

???? Mr guidance counselor, is it by force? Harry song does not want your guidance and counselling.

• slice

July 8, 2017 at 3:48 pm

This is what kills Nigeria. If they had a contract, harrysong should be held to the terms

3. MurderSheWrote

July 8, 2017 at 10:09 am

I think Kcee needs to see a therapist to lay it all. We’ve had enough of his meltdowns. You’re sad your dear Harrysong left your label to start his own. Oya move on nah. It’s not the end of the world. Sorry. Shut up.

4. Micah

July 8, 2017 at 10:24 am

Comments like this portray the disregard for due process in this country..if Harrysongs (whom I’m a fan of) has breached the terms of his contract with five star music he needs to go back and fulfill them.,when you signing a contract it’s not for the fun of it.if he had fulfilled them then he should prove so in court simple….lawyer/entrepreneur mode out

5. Atanda

July 8, 2017 at 11:00 am

This KCee sounds like a very controlling person and a flawed thinker. Man sit down and be humble. You are mentioning all these things you did for Harry as if that wasn’t part of your commitment to him. Isn’t business supposed to be a two way street? It is not like Harry was not doing anything that benefited you while you were just “treating him like a king”, I mean come on, Harry put some songs out there too. Finally, if you claim you’re so good at what you do, if you claim you write good songs and you know how to guide people, then why are you making waves only now? Please sit down.

6. Spunky

July 8, 2017 at 11:35 am

I get his angle. They invested time and resources to his career. You guys equally made profit considering it is an investment. Relationships sometime come to a halt. You will be fine…let the young man move on in peace.

7. johnny

July 8, 2017 at 1:09 pm

FAM!!!! Kcee is delusional abeg…

8. J.J

July 8, 2017 at 2:58 pm

Mr guidance….Harrysong sings better than u so shut up…you said u have many hit song…..Hahaha…..many hit songs indeed. Is it not only limpopo song that Harrysong even wrote for u…go and sit down jarree!

9. Foxy Gal

July 8, 2017 at 5:58 pm

?????? this kcee really has an exaggerated sense of himself. Mr Limpopo Gudiance councillor, you need guidance yourself. Onye iberibe. Harrysong has more views on his YouTube videos than you. Your Limpopo video is still struggling at just over 500k views.

Nwokem go and sleep. Maybe you can be a guidance counsellor if your music career doesn’t pan out.

You think belittling another mans work will make you look like a “bigger man”. Your mother must have dropped you on your head when you were an infant.

10. Asa

July 8, 2017 at 9:17 pm

Lol, I just find it weird how he interjected the fact that Ada was crying cuz she did not win Star quest being that he’s a mediocre musician and she’s a better one in my opinion.

11. Asa

July 8, 2017 at 9:18 pm

*Asa

12. Hedz

July 8, 2017 at 9:49 pm

Flying bussiness class builds self esteem?
    I had no idea…

13. Abimbola

July 8, 2017 at 9:50 pm

I sure dont know the full story but Uncle Kceee,it all seems personal to me . fundamental human rights ?where?how? Cos u assisted and didnt get credit? Did God ask you for anythn when he made u Kcee?so what if uhv been in d industry for a while? U didnt even mention a breach of contract ,ur lawyer filed a suit for a breach/infringement of fundamental human rights? (I laff in hindi). I bet you wld feel bettr if Harrysong acknowledges you in public or on social media as the Man who made him.I guess u made urself hence ,You feel so entitled.
    Ehnnnnn we know you tried and iam sure he appreciates it but if you continue asking,begging,crying for praises,u wont get it so suck it up and MOVE ONNNN BRUH!work on ua music cos in all honesty,its shitty plus i thank God for E-MONEY(its kuku his money dat makes dem jam ur songs till we know every senseless lyric)
    FYI ,a sensible judge wld throw ur case out cos ders no legal matter here.

14. funmilola

July 8, 2017 at 10:19 pm

Who needs the so called guidance between kc and harrysong?
    And what hits is kc talking about?
    Joke!