Sweet Spot

Model’s 6-Months Baby Bump becomes Instagram Sensation

Sarah Stage has just three months to go before she gives birth to her second child, but she is still as trim and slim as ever from the photos she put up on her Instagram.

The pregnant model with a very toned physique, has become an internet sensation after photos of her almost invisible baby bump went viral.

In 2015, she caused a similar stir during her first pregnancy. And shutdown all negative comments by affirming that her baby was healthy and nothing else mattered.

Sarah and her first baby

Sarah shared how she maintains her highly talked about fitness body before, during and after pregnancy in her fitness ebook.

Sarah Stage 6months pregnant model BN Living

Sarah Stage 6months pregnant model BN LivingWe can’t help but keep gushing over her amazing pregnant bod!

Photo credit: Sarah Stage | @sarahstage

1. omo lara zion

July 14, 2017 at 9:11 am

Omg! Is this even possible?

• Ijeoma

July 14, 2017 at 10:03 am

Oh yes! Very possible! I don’t know what’s going on with this lady or how far along she is but there are people that are pregnant and don’t show or even realize till they give birth. I was one of those people. They day I knew I was pregnant was the day I gave birth 4hrs later. I thought I was having the worst cramps of my life and I had to call emergency services. Guess what? I was 5ft 7 and 133lb my tummy was flatter than flat! My baby was slightly above 8 months according to the doctors.Most people that know me think I adopted or that I lie about my son being mine. My family would have thought the same thing if not that I had married in their presence 7 months earlier. They think the opposite actually,that I married because I got pregnant, They all seem to have limited memomy gigabyte and have all conveniently forgot that I wanted the wedding postponed because my husband started misbehaving that period and I wanted to treat his f### up before the I do. So yes it’s very possible.

However I don’t know if hers is as a result of her fitness or it is her body type. If I am fortunate enough to get pregnant again I hope it shows VERY WELL. My own mother cried for days after I gave birth asking me if I thought she was a witch who I didn’t want to harm the pregnancy. My husband said I wasn’t fair to him and I did not give him enough notice so he could prepare for fatherhood. In fact he went and asked all his female colleagues who are mothers if it’s possible and they all said it wasn’t and that I must have just ignored the signs and/or intentionally hidden it from everybody. I had my periods as I had always had them and worst of all I drank alcohol on my wedding and through out my honeymoon. Is it ever that serious that I would want to harm a child to keep a secret? Honestly, it’s like nobody thinks again these days. My baby was even punished for it. Most of our close friends I invited for naming and christaining did not come and I asked my husband why? He said he doesn’t blame them that they probably think I should keep on hiding it since that’s how I started it especially my female friends, as if they had some meeting of some sort. I don’t know what part of I DID NOT KNOW I WAS PREGNANT people miss in the discuss. They said I was wearing big clothes to cover up, like WTF! I never changed my wardrobe and I have always dressed the same way.Sorry I digress. The moral of my story is that it is possible to not show at all. I know I have gone off topic just that seeing your comment brought back memories and I just wanted to off load. My baby is 8months now and my family members including husband are getting their senses back. I am so sharing this so that a few more people would know it is possible. So much for the saying you can’t hide pregnancy, sigh.

• Seriously

July 14, 2017 at 12:20 pm

Whether it’s possible or not, not everything is to be celebrated like that or used as a yardstick. Most women belly protrudes out at six month bcos it’s a sign a baby is growing in there.
      But this woman still has a flat belly at 6month. Most likely her baby is also growing. That’s her.
      I doubt it has to do with fitness, it’s more of genetics. Before some women try to emulate put themselves at risk or put too much pressure on themselves when it’s going to be different for all women.

I still want a nice round belly when pregnant.

• Poesy

July 14, 2017 at 1:32 pm

@Ijeoma Sorry you had to go through that surprise and not have your family understand and support. Your story reminds me of a show on Documentary Channel/TLC titled ‘I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant’. There were some women who didn’t suspect because they got their period throughout, had ‘flat’ tummies and no symptoms usually associated with pregnancy. Among them, there was a college student who went to use the bathroom and was shocked to see a baby’s head coming out of her.
      The scenario is actually more common than people think.

• Adaeze

July 15, 2017 at 1:35 am

This is purely Genetic! I follow Sarah Stage on Instagram and she has once shared a photo of her mum similarly pregnant and this couldn’t be any more related to being purely genetic!

Funny enough she caused a similar sensation with her 1st baby which was why I started following her having had Diastetis Recti due to 1st pregnancy ? I felt it was reassuring seeing someone so fortunate with post-baby tummy, even if it wasn’t me.

Anyway after the birth of her 1st baby, she shocked people when the baby got out actually looking big, plump, chubby and somewhat obese! and maintained that sort of weight all through! So yeah Sarah Stage is one lucky lady!

2. Barbara

July 14, 2017 at 9:33 am

Question is, is this even healthy? A six month old fetus? hmmm

• Ottawa Queen

July 14, 2017 at 3:10 pm

Pls which pic exactly has the baby bump? Cus I can’t seem to see it. I’m confused ?

3. PEN

July 14, 2017 at 9:34 am

What exactly should us mere mortals do with this “news”v
    She is not pregnant for us; we don’t know her…so…

4. xoxo

July 14, 2017 at 9:39 am

IMPOSSICANNOT BE REAL!!!

5. Honestina

July 14, 2017 at 9:40 am

This type of pregnancy doesn’t surprise me anymore after a colleague gave birth and no one had prior knowledge of her pregnancy for the entire period. She was and still slimmer and trimmer than this one. .
    Some people are like that. Its all about genes.

6. LL

July 14, 2017 at 10:59 am

This is very possible especially when 1. Lady is fit and not adding much fat 2. Position of babies as they lie.(babies that lie down below don’t provide much 3. Nature( some people tend to have smaller pregnant tummies). 4. For some first babies. I’m not a small person but most people did not know I was pregnant with my first kid till I was 6 months gone. I never bought or wore maternity clothes and the weight I gained was The baby’s weight. He came out healthy and average size. I and my stomach went back to previous size by next morning. Pregnancy is different for everyone and I think such sensationalism should be discouraged. I hate the way many mothers are obsessed with ‘snapping back’ etc… Life is bigger than that please

7. LL

July 14, 2017 at 11:00 am

*protude

8. Didi

July 14, 2017 at 12:49 pm

First pregnancy gave birth abroad. Travelled at 8 and half months and no one knew I was pregnant. Not even the immmigration officers in both countries. Felt happy and cool with myself as I gave the side eye to my older sisters who had popped greatly at 5 months.
    Then I got pregnant again and it was the exact opposite. Massive belly by 3 and half months. Every body expecting baby to pop out any minute. By the time I got to my 6th month. Someone advised me to go for prayers against stubborn babies that refused to come out. Had to explain that I was not even due yet. Finally started hiding at home in my last month.
    It was a humble relief when the baby finally came….
    Years after I’m still battling the belly fat. Na wa!.

• Kbear

July 14, 2017 at 4:44 pm

I couldn’t help but lol @ “By the time I got to my 6th month. Someone advised me to go for prayers against stubborn babies that refused to come out. ” Naija Pple and their reckless mouths.

9. Rubynnia

July 14, 2017 at 1:31 pm

As for me, I believe anything is possible. It’s only impossible because you think or believe it is impossible.

The issue here is people are used to a particular way of how things should be. So if there’s an anomaly, they find it difficult to accept it.

Me, I don’t follow that line of thought that things have to follow a particular pattern or order. Anything is possible in the world. The only limitation is your mind.

10. Ijsara

July 14, 2017 at 2:03 pm

@IJEOMA… you are a bloody liar and wicked. How can u say you were pregnant and didn’t know? And then come here to give us that gist…. Look, theresthis set of women that brainwash ladies looking fo fruit of the womb… they call it natural ivf.. they will tell u , u will be pregnant without u knowing and they are the only one to deliver you. After 9 months, they’ve smith you, and on thr d-day you are taken to their delivery room to push and hand u over a baby..that was absolutely what you did. Instead of you to come out openly and say you adopted a child, u are singing…who is a child here…

• A concerned citizen

July 14, 2017 at 2:48 pm

You have to be an ignorant fool. There are people who are pregnant and don’t know it because there are no absolutes in medicine.

• Ghostmode

July 14, 2017 at 3:31 pm

@ijsara you are quite ill-mannered and rude!! Ignorance isn’t bliss educate yourself!!! Because you never seen it happen doesn’t mean it can’t happen!! What is your proof that she is lying?? This has actually happened to a friend’s sister, the night she had her baby she was rushed to the hospital for sever tummy ache by her parents and the doctor informed then she was in labor!! She has no clue she was pregnant even her mother was in shock!! Even if Ijeoma adopted the child how the hell is it your business and why should you call her wicked!! Please learn how to communicate in a civil manner

• Ijeoma

July 14, 2017 at 3:34 pm

Now @Ijsara, I am not surprised at your comment. Honestly it’s one of the best I have read/heard since I had my son. Fortunately for me, my husband got called in while I was in labour and so did his female cousin and they both saw me have my son live. I would have been totally finished if not that they we’re present. I had moi bebe in Canada where I have lived for two decades and counting and nobody is giving you a baby without due process and it’s a hectic proccess. Now I just turned 27 and my husband 35 turning 36 soon. We had no RUSH to get babies. I just rounded up law school before we got married and I was joggling between starting to practice law and going for my masters. So my delivery upset my plans big time. I don’t actually blame you. Some even said my son belongs to my husband cousin and she came so we can do the exchange. A lady that was with us for just three weeks as she came for business purposes but just decided to stay with us. Your comment doesn’t bother me. I have had women who are TTC out of nowhere come and ask me how international adoption is and the cost of it. Some in the church we attend applaud me for knowing my problem and starting early to correct it early. I have heard the baby is for my husband’s mistress. From what I know I did not have a medical problem that should have prevented pregnancy.It’s okay, like I said your comment is not the worse I have heard.

• Didi

July 14, 2017 at 3:56 pm

Ure just a sad illiterate. I witnessed something similar. Loosen up a Lil. Don’t b too rigid. Haba! U sound like u dey make life tough even pass buhari govt.

• Didi

July 14, 2017 at 4:00 pm

@ijsara. That comment was for u…. didi

• BB

July 14, 2017 at 4:43 pm

@ijsara is it ur pregnancy ??

• IOU

July 14, 2017 at 6:56 pm

Why is it paining you so much???

• Uberhaute looks

July 15, 2017 at 4:39 pm

You are very foolish for your comment. I don’t know if you are a man or woman but your experience is very limited. I have seen not one or two of such cases. That you haven’t experienced it doesn’t mean it never happened. Park well.

• boluji

July 15, 2017 at 5:46 pm

please delete this BN ignorance is setting us backwards.

• tunmi

July 16, 2017 at 3:23 am

Oya come here, let me hug you. You need some hugs in your life.

• Bukola

July 22, 2017 at 1:52 pm

I think you need to be open minded & calm. Watch documentary & educative channels. You’re here insulting someone you don’t even Know. Being aggressive doesn’t change the fact. Anything is possible despite your belief. Seems you’re living in a closed world……. welcome to the 21st century.

11. Scarlet

July 14, 2017 at 2:51 pm

lmao! @Ijsara i don’t think Ijeoma will leave that comment if this was the case though. Meanwhile i totally understand not showing still but there must have been signs that were been ignored. Goodluck Mama!

12. BB

July 14, 2017 at 4:48 pm

@ijsara is it ur pregnancy? ?

13. omo ajorosun

July 14, 2017 at 5:23 pm

I started showing at 10 weeks (yes 2 and a half months!).

By the time I was 3 months, I looked like I was in my 3rd trimester and had to do a complete wardrobe overhaul. I am now 6 months pregnant and it feels and looks like I have been pregnant forever. I still need a wardrobe change before I pop in 3 months.

Meanwhile, my colleague at work who is exactly 6 months gone as I am is not showing. Her body has changed quite alright but until she told me, I thought she simply gained weight. Her breasts and hips have doubled in size but her belly is not showing. I am certain that by the time HR informs everyone at work that she has had a baby, people would wonder when she even got pregnant. Meanwhile, everyone has been asking me “When are you off on maternity leave”?

Point is, bodies are different. There is no wrong and right way to look pregnant. I have made peace with my body.

14. Notable

July 14, 2017 at 6:45 pm

There’s a girl I know who barely shows at 8 months. Only thing that gives her away is her nose.

15. Justpassingby

July 14, 2017 at 10:11 pm

@ijsara. What an uncultured, narrow minded and ignorant being you are!

16. We need it Asap! Our bodies are different so don’t expect one experience to fit all….
    Ijeoma, a big waoh to your experience.
    Ijsara, wash your mouth and heart with soap. You are vile and full of bile.

17. jell

July 17, 2017 at 2:42 pm

Sarah ‘stage my pregnancy whilst a surrogate carries d child 4 me.making me seem super human’
    Gurrrlll byeeeee!

18. Winningwinnie

July 18, 2017 at 3:20 pm

@ijsara You are one of the haters she talked about that refused to attend her baby christening. How can you be so cruel with your statement​ that she was cajoled and deceived, She gave birth barely few months after her wedding, it wasn’t like she was married for long and waiting endlessly to conceive.
    Pls find a place in your heart to forgive her and move on with your life.

However she chooses to have her child is her business.As long as she is performing her duties well as a mother and the child is healthy.