News

Made with Love & Filled with Natural Organic Goodness for Your Body, SheaMoisture is Now Available in Nigeria

Sheamoisture

It all started in 1912 in Sierra Leone, where Sofi Tucker a 19 years old widowed mother of 4 began selling Shea Butter, African Black Soap, her homemade hair and skin preparations all over the countryside. Sofi Tucker was our grandmother and SheaMoisture is her legacy. SheaMoisture is filled with natural, organic and sustainably-produced goodness; made with love for you and your body.

The Sofi Tucker story reflects an enduring passion and drive that resonates amongst Nigerians. SheaMoisture is proud to be in Nigeria to celebrate strong amazing women and pave a ‘better way to beautiful’ for every woman.

Shea Butter

We Stand For:

• Inclusively Exclusive
    • Our accessibility comes compromise-free, making the best products in personal care and beauty not belonging to the few.
    • Modern Wisdom
    • Recipes handed down from a healer maker for potent 21st-century cures.
    • Sensory Solutions
    • Potent salves stimulate, soothe, surprise and speak to all the senses.
    • Cultures Cultivated
    • The best ingredients gathered from around the world and picked to complement perfectly.

For more details, follow us on Instagram  and Facebook

—————————————————————————————————————————Sponsored Content

1. Susan

August 31, 2017 at 3:20 pm

Welcome!
    And great ad BN.
    However there are Nigerian brands that are cheaper and much more effective. Shout out to Nubian Roots, Estella’s Pride, Namaste, Kui Care, Vanity Oils; just to list a few. Used to buy Shea Moisture’s products but they are overhyped and basic; in my opinion. My mumu don do.

• Olanma

August 31, 2017 at 3:26 pm

Not only overhyped, the products are quite pricey. When I became natural in 2013, I stocked up on majority of their products, as well as Cantu Shea, I ended up giving them out. Did nothing for me. There are definitely other brands that are not too expensive but work really well. Nevertheless, welcome to Nigeria I guess.

• Ephi

August 31, 2017 at 4:41 pm

Well said Susan, thought it was just me that had that view. There are so many more cost effective options that do the job as well, if not better.

Besides, I would rather support a Nigerian brand, thank you.

• Bobosteke

August 31, 2017 at 5:51 pm

Nne, na so I clandestinely chook one VO5 inside my shopping basket last two weeks, as if I was committing the unpardonable. And I pledge on everything on God’s green earth that that product delivered the moisture that all the big big name product promised but failed woefully to perform. I was like so this what they are calling added slip? In all my natural hair life, i never had it this good. Common 900 delivered and even extra.

Shallat to Aweni. Your hair pudding is trying. Beautiphic, thank you for making this possible.

2. Elle

August 31, 2017 at 3:32 pm

Shea moisture products in my opinion are quite overpriced. That’s one reason people complain that natural hair care is expensive.

My advice is to stick to products which will do the same for less e.g. Dudu Osun to shampoo your hair. You don’t have to empty your pockets to have healthy natural hair.

• Belema

September 1, 2017 at 2:53 pm

I wouldn’t advise to use Dudu Osun on your hair, especially if your hair is natural as it’s very drying on both the hair and skin. It’s good for the skin, REALLY good, I’ll advise however to avoid on the hair. If you want to use African Black Soap for the hair, try buying one which is formulated for hair care, of course it doesn’t have to be Shea Moisture as there are several others to choose from, even Nigerian brands. Dry hair leads to hair breakage. I have 3 staple shampoos. When I want to use African Black Soap, I use two brands, Estella’s Pride & African Naturalistas. My other Shampoo (not African Black soap) brand is from VO5.

3. Bobosteke

August 31, 2017 at 5:38 pm

Please what do you mean by now in Nigeria? We have been purchasing the product since tey tey for here. Do they have a special franchise dealer or they are now manufacturing here. ( yeah; me dreameth). Any hoo, all that story is nice but that product is made in Sweden or it Switzerland, sef.

4. iyanu

August 31, 2017 at 7:49 pm

Welcome but I won’t be buying Shea Moisture. Its overhyped and pricey. There are Nigerian brands making better products. #buynaija

5. Nma

September 1, 2017 at 3:06 pm

I will have to say I kind of agree with some of the comments cause in July I picked up two products from Jumia. A black shampoo from Estella’s Pride and a conditioner from African Naturalistas; last minute online shopping decisions. Not like I planned or wanted to buy them from the get go. My hair isn’t natural or relaxed; my hair is texlaxed. I’ve been using just these two products (apart from the jojoba oil, shea butter and peppermint oil I normally use) since then and I have to say they are very good. I love the way my hair feels. Way better than the Carol’s Daughter I oftentimes buy and use (in my opinion), and of course they’re affordable. I guess sometimes you don’t follow social media hype, you just try to look out for what works well for you.