Style

Make Up For Ever says “40 shades is nothing new to us” & Rihanna has the Best Response

BellaNaija.com

We have been so excited about the success of Rihanna‘s Fenty Beauty 40 shade-foundation line. The foundations have received a lot of attention, not only because it’s from the pop singer, but also because the products are fully inclusive.

Coming from a dark past where big cosmetics brand put the shades for black women into least consideration or even not at all, the Fenty Beauty line was a breath of fresh air. This move has inspired other brands to become more conscious of darker shades.

However, Make Up For Ever went to great lengths to announce that they too have 40 shades of foundation, and are continuing to develop and improve their products for everyone.

We don’t think it was a coincidence, and neither did Rihanna. She left these comments under their post.

The brand is yet to reply Bad Gal Riri‘s comments, but fans are continuing to add their own comments to the photo in support of Rihanna’s hilarious responses.

1. Fleur

September 27, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Interestingly, immediately I heard of the fenty line I went and got me samples from Sephora. I have been paying a flapping $43 for my perfect color in the makeup forever brand and was eager to switch to $34. Turns out that I was about a 370 color in Riri’s brand but it had a slight but visible orange glow (I dont have this prob with #Y445 in Makeup forever, and the Fenty matte feel absolutely caved leaving regional patches on my face when oil came flowing through my pores. Sadly, I wont be enjoying the fenty line. I so badly want to support black women’s businesses So Riri if you read Bella, there is one more weird shade with a pan fryer oil issue waiting for your remedy.?

2. Desert Rose

September 27, 2017 at 2:01 pm

Make Up Forever had their 40 shade range before Rihanna’s. MUF has always been very inclusive even when it wasn’t trendy.. I guess they felt some type of way hearing people say Rihanna started the inclusitivity trend hence the shady post lol.There really is no reason to salty though IMO. There’s enough room for everyone.

3. Desert Rose

September 27, 2017 at 2:02 pm

To **be** salty

4. Jade

September 27, 2017 at 2:02 pm

Lol so true. Makeup forever is good but it still leaves you looking ashy particular the darker shades.

• Dee

September 27, 2017 at 10:01 pm

While fenty leaves you looking orangey .

• Jade

September 28, 2017 at 2:13 pm

@dee
      Looking orange is better than ashy.
      You can work better with looking orange.
      Most of the makeup line from MAC, bobby brown to make up flawless never matches a dark skin person well, it’s always off shade. It just looks weird but black people are so used to it because they would rather want to look lighter/whitish. The first time I’ve seen women of color use makeup and it blends in well into their skin color, no beat off color look is fenty. It literally feels like your skin and looks natural. It worked well for my oily skin. But Rihanna can improve on the longetivity, and durability.

IMAN cosmetic is actually another good one for people of color. Makeup forever is okay too, but so expensive.

5. Big Tee

September 27, 2017 at 2:54 pm

PayPal , Expedia and eBay 2012 “we can’t go to Nigeria” “it’s not safe for us” : 2016 news headlines “PayPal looking to expand and allow Nigerian address accounts” ” Expedia looking to replicate Wakanow’s growth in Africa in South Africa and Kenya” long story short, underestimate the African/Black market at your own peril…

6. Siju

September 27, 2017 at 3:25 pm

Last time I checked, Makeup Forever is owned by the same Fashion house that owns Fenty Line.

In essence, LVMH….so you guys should stop take Piriton for other people’s sleeplessness.

• Manny

September 27, 2017 at 6:02 pm

I know right. It’s like saying I won’t make Coca-cola rich so I only buy Dasani water
      Guess who owns both?

• Simi

September 27, 2017 at 7:56 pm

Hahaha.

Either way you are giving your money to Bernard Arnault.

At least, Rihanna is in a partnership and hopefully getting a good cut as opposed to MUF which is totally owned by LVMH

7. Mickie Woodson

October 8, 2017 at 7:04 pm

I’ve tried make-up Forever’s Foundation, Becca and Bare Minerals. When Fenty came out, my daughter got me some, I love it way better than Makeup Forever and Becca, it just sits better on my skin and it matches better, I love it #Fenty

8. Uberhaute looks

October 10, 2017 at 4:35 pm

Some people don’t even know how to select their shade, how to work the product and what to combine with it to make it work. They just assume and assume.
    When I saw the post, I just laughed… Trouble dey sleep, yanga go wake am