Weddings

Kate and Barth’s 25th Year Wedding Anniversary is Major Marriage Goals #25YearsofBarthandKate

BellaNaija Weddings

At BellaNaija Weddings, we love forever love so much. Yes! Kate and Barth’s 25 years anniversary love story is what marriage goals is all about. We are so excited to feature this beautiful couple’s story. We hope it inspires you as much as it inspired us.

Barth met Kate when they both worked for the same company. From speaking to Kate in a taxi to asking her to be his forever love, this couple’s love has waxed stronger. Their 25th wedding anniversary celebration was so beautiful as they reenacted a modern wedding ceremony which involves church ceremony and reception. So much joy in this feature and we are here for it!

Here is a little backstory of how they met.

BellaNaija Weddings wishes Kate and Barth more amazing years of love, peace and happiness.

How we met

My wife and I met at the Nigerian Ports Authority, Tincan Island port where we both worked. She worked in human resources department while I worked in the Material Division.

One day I boarded a taxi going to Tincan, from Olodi Apapa and she was already seated in there. Unknown to her, she needed to adjust a flip on her dress. I was quite timid in those days and it was usually tough for me to open up, let alone with a lady I did not know. However, I summoned the courage and spoke to her about the mishap. She thanked me and quickly did the needful.

I found out weeks later that she lived close to where I lived and the proximity helped us to meet each other often on our way to work. Over the next year, we got better acquainted and our friendship slowly blossomed.

I had always admired women endowed with family values, hard work, wisdom and fear of God. All these attributes and beauty I found in her over this period, and yet it was difficult to ask her out. On a few different occasion friends and colleagues, we knew at work, came up to me and said we would make a good couple because we had so much in common. Secretly I agreed but she showed no sign of interest until the day came.

I was walking out of my office when I met her talking to the secretary of my boss whose office was opposite mine. She had come to deliver a message from her boss to mine, who just stepped out. She had a firm directive to bring along feedback. She requested to the secretary that she would like to wait. On hearing this I thought this was a great opportunity I needed.  I not only asked her to sit, I invited her to my office for as long as she wanted. This turned out to be the beginning of a journey, which my wife and I celebrate to this day.

Today we are blessed with two handsome men Chinemerem and Chidubem.  We renewed our vows on the third of January 2018 and our love grows stronger each day.  The journey has just begun.

Credits
Planner @tandcexprezzions
Décor @ixorareception
Photography @fotogenesphotography
Cake @cakesbykimora
Food @mealbosscateringservices
Video @Lawrenceoreva10076

1. Lol

February 28, 2018 at 8:12 am

Yes this is what I love to seeeee!

2. Na me talk am

February 28, 2018 at 8:38 am

Aww! This is so lovely. May God continue to bless your home and marriage.

3. DatEnuguChic

February 28, 2018 at 8:51 am

Lovely story indeed. I can see two people who are tolerant of each other. I couldnt get my eyes off this picture. Thirsty situations lol.

• Fotogenesphotohrsphy

March 6, 2018 at 3:39 pm

Meeting them in person they are like two teen lovers, playing like kids. It was breath taking doing the shoot.

4. X-factor

February 28, 2018 at 8:53 am

Wow!

5. Ephi

February 28, 2018 at 9:02 am

So beautiful and worthy to be celebrated. Many many more years ahead, Amen!

6. Anthony onogbo

February 28, 2018 at 9:14 am

Big thank you to Bellanaija for this feature. I’m greatful.

7. Richlove

February 28, 2018 at 9:49 am

They look so young. You can tell they have lived stress free and truly love each other. Theres not a wrinkle in sight. Now this is what you call goals.

8. ij

February 28, 2018 at 11:10 am

i was just smiling like a goat all through while looking at the photos

9. Xhosa gal

February 28, 2018 at 12:23 pm

IJN “The journey has just begun”, yes indeed Sir! Chai, this is what genuine love is about. Chineke you are good oo. What a beautiful story, couple and ceremony. Everyone’s smile and happiness sums up everything.

Ndincume ndedwa yho! Please enjoy your new journey Sir and Madam.

Much love from Cape Town

10. Amaa

February 28, 2018 at 1:16 pm

When a man loves a woman it shows . This is worth taping into all you tappers lol. May no side chicks locate you sir may your wife be like new wine fresher everyday . May that joy never live her face. May your children bring you joy and take care of you in old age . This is my prayer

11. GraceOfGOD

February 28, 2018 at 3:49 pm

@Couple ,Good day Madam/Sir. First and foremost CONGRATULATIONS for your Wedding anniversary,25 years of HAPPINESS as I can read it from your eyes and pictures are worth the Celebrations . May GOD Continue to bless your union. May your love and respect for each other last forever. There is a particular picture that got my attention. It is the picture where you Sir stand and your beautiful Wife Seats. That picture says a lot about you Sir, it shows that you are a REAL KING who values and protects his QUEEN. I am still waiting for my own KING and thanks to your testimony I know my KING is worth the wait. True love still EXISTS and we ALL will Experience it by the special grace of GOD. Thanks again for giving me HOPE . Stay blessed 🙂

• Fotogenesphotohrsphy

March 6, 2018 at 3:42 pm

True love is rare, but still exist. If you knee the full story u would be more teary.

12. Bukie

February 28, 2018 at 6:17 pm

Chai! See Goosebumps! I love love this!

13. Correct Title

March 1, 2018 at 12:07 am

Now THIS, Bellanaija, is what you call goals!

14. bolintin

March 1, 2018 at 11:19 am

the woman must have being enjoying her life since then. coz she does not even look older than the said 25years. God I want great testimonies in my marriage as well.

Let us grow old and not die young beautifully in love and evidently blessed in all ramifications of life. amen.

15. Debs

March 1, 2018 at 3:31 pm

Awww…video made me teary. I LOVE their LOVe. May you have more blissful and healthy years together. AMEN

• Fotogenesphotohrsphy

March 6, 2018 at 3:43 pm

If only u knew the full details and they huddles they had to cross. More tears would flow

16. IHUOMA

March 5, 2018 at 5:28 pm

I receive this and even more in Jesus mighty Name -Amen

17. Prissy

August 6, 2018 at 3:23 pm

The kiss tho, lol anyway congrats… may the Lord keep u both till death do u part…..