Our Wedding Story: Seun Teniola & Qudus Adekoya

Posted on Friday, December 3rd, 2010 at 1:48 PM

By BellaNaija.com

Who knew that studying was not just good for your brain but great for your heart…

Today on BN Our Wedding Story, we feature Seun Teniola & Qudus Adekoya. Seun and Qudus met one night while they were studying for exams at the university and as you can see from this feature, it blossomed into something beautiful and extraordinary.

That is the beauty of love, you never know where you are going to find it….

How Seun & Qudus Met
By Seun
We met way back in school – at the University of Lagos in 2003. I was in class one fateful night studying for an exam, he was sitting right in front of me, he turned back, saw me, stood up and asked if he could sit next to me, I laughed and I said – “No”. He ran after me when I finished studying and we became friends and our relationship blossomed from there.

The Proposal
He popped the big question to me that same year we met, but I took it as a joke because I was still in school. So he made it official in 2005. On my birthday, he asked me again; this time, on his knees. We were going out for dinner to celebrate my birthday and I was ready and wondering what was delaying him. He was already on his knees waiting for me to find him. I was so excited, I cried and I said, “YES”. I was still in school then so my parents suggested we wait till I graduated from university, completed youth service and started to work before he could take me away…My husband waited for 5 years before he was allowed to marry me and I love him so much for his love, patience and support!
The Wedding
Bridesmaids Dresses: Chi Chic
Event Decor: Dekey by Moji Awoniyi
Event Planner: Ebun Humpton
MC: Ushbaby
Caterers: Golden Pot
Desserts: Licious Desserts

After their festive traditional engagement and joyful Nikkai ceremony, all was set for Seun and Qudus to celebrate their wedding in style.

On the 2nd of October 2010, with her bridesmaids in blue proceeding down the aisle ahead of her, Seun walked down the aisle accompanied by her father and joined Qudus at the altar where their marriage was blessed and they were joined as husband and wife.

The bride was so beautiful in her ivory lace wedding dress embellished with Swarovski Crystals paired with a feathered headpiece and a bouquet of red roses. Her husband, Qudus was in a grey suit paired with a white waistcoat and tie. The couple proceeded to their reception which was decorated with touches of turquoise blue, white and silver.

At their reception, Seun & Qudus had the time of their lives as they joyously enjoyed the festivities along with their family and friends.

BN wishes Seun & Qudus a joyful and blessed life together.

White Wedding

Engagement & Nikkai

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: ,

• Custom Search
  • 75 Comments on “Our Wedding Story: Seun Teniola & Qudus Adekoya”

Comments
    • phatb December 3, 2010 at 2:01 PM

I don’t usually do this,but boy this brother deserves all d credit,from back in our days at unilag,when I was chief of inxs and he chief of abc,we did rock the show,but am so glad after our talk this year in london,you sure left a mark,congrats QA and Gods blessings. See u after xmas,lagos dirty money in d building.

• D.O.T.M.H December 3, 2010 at 7:59 PM

Na wa!! chief of Inxs and chief of ABC :D … memories

• Obi-talk December 7, 2010 at 5:02 PM

exactly wat I was thinking…memories…

• kenora December 3, 2010 at 2:05 PM

first to comment ,i wish u guys all the best…

• Me December 3, 2010 at 2:07 PM

First to comment.••• Yaaay!!!

• erica December 3, 2010 at 2:09 PM

Congratulations to them….happy married life!

• jay bee December 3, 2010 at 2:14 PM

awwwww…….nice

• Janice December 3, 2010 at 2:14 PM

I love it! what a beautiful wedding! what a lovely couple! The bride is breathtakingly beautiful, and the groom a very handsome man! This wedding oozed class and sophistication. Wonderful!

• Mabel December 4, 2010 at 5:44 AM

Spot on.

• Seiko aka: "Mo sparkles" December 3, 2010 at 2:19 PM

the Groom is buff!!!

• c'est moi.. December 3, 2010 at 2:19 PM

Awwww…Beautiful..God bless their union!!!

• Kémi Penélopê December 3, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Some get their dream wedding…some can only hope/day-dream about dream wedding
      …Well, let’s keep celebrating the joy that others have found until we can celebrate ours & Maybe just maybe, Bella Naija will publish it…*wink wink
      So to the Couples, I toast to a Happy life together, that happiness will never vacate from your heart & home Amen

• ochella December 3, 2010 at 2:43 PM

I love her dress!
      The bridesmaids…esp their shoes. OMG.
      Wish them a happy married life.

• French Paris aaliyah December 3, 2010 at 6:33 PM

ya i think their atires are lovely esp dat of the bridesmaids with d red shoes i think its gorgious iin French we say “j’adore”

• Bush December 3, 2010 at 2:52 PM

Awwwwww….Qudus…..I’m so proud of you. Wish you guys a happy married life!

• dekao December 3, 2010 at 3:06 PM

lovely

• Chibaby December 3, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Beautiful couple. Bride’s dress is lovely.

• kofo Egbodoku December 3, 2010 at 3:19 PM

 really hapi 4 u̶̲̥̅̊ QA.Wish u̶̲̥̅̊ guys hapi married life

• Miss ATL December 3, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Awww, cute. And kudos to Qudus (lol) for waiting 5 years!

• mariaah December 3, 2010 at 3:44 PM

Aww how sweet!! Over-fine dey worry two of them… May God bless their union..
      Did I read that they did engagment, White wedding/church wedding and Nikai? Wow how nice. If am wrong pls I stand to be corrected.

• Q December 6, 2010 at 4:44 PM

yup u did, he’s muslim, she’s xtian…

• jennyglam December 3, 2010 at 3:46 PM

That’s nice,waiting that long,u r the man,the bride is really pretty,everything abt the wedding is nice,everything looked moderately done.congrats

• joke December 3, 2010 at 4:04 PM

Love the wedding gown so much…………………am thinking of having such as my wedding gown, have been seeing wedding gowns but this is simple and gorgeous.

• Shantee December 3, 2010 at 4:04 PM

The bride is refreshingly beautiful! And that the groom waited for 5 years …. awwwww… brought hope to my soul.
      Congrats and may the marriage be blissful

P.S. bridemaids’ shoes toh baaadddd

• Temiloluwa Adebayo December 3, 2010 at 4:16 PM

Lovely pictures. Her gown is ON POINT! I love it. I wish them a happy married life.

• Ujubaby December 3, 2010 at 4:51 PM

She is gorgeous in that traditional attire!

• beezy December 3, 2010 at 5:16 PM

Sorry…they did both nikkai & church wedding?…one of them muslim/xtain? abi na too much money?…lol
      Bride looked gorgeous & the wedding is beautiful… her dress is very similar to Ngozi’s wedding ..featured here http://www.bellanaija.com/2010/07/27/a-timeless-love-ngozi-ekezie-wale-akintujoye-wed/
      PS: he waited 5years… all i can say is, the one that belongs to you truly belongs to you

• N.VIXEN December 3, 2010 at 5:41 PM

Awesome wedding!! GOSH NIGERIAN WOMEN ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!

• Q December 3, 2010 at 5:41 PM

If they did Both Nikkai & Wedding,it definitely was to either Honour one’s parents or one of them is a muslim.

Happy Married Life & May God Bless Your Marriage wt many Blissful Gifts,top of which are Children!!

• D.O.T.M.H December 3, 2010 at 8:04 PM

Happy mirred life to them o. Plus I see Ewemade with red hair, Rihanna inspired I’m guessing.
      Beautiful wedding o. May God bless the union in Jesus name.

• Jade82 December 3, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Damnnnnnnnnnnnn this couple is hot…The bride is Gorgeous and the Groom handsome!…
      God bless their union…..

• kumzy December 3, 2010 at 11:22 PM

lovely wedding…love the reception and engagement deco.absolutely classy

• brkisha December 4, 2010 at 5:10 AM

God bless you guys. I pray that the good Lord grants u all your heart desires and no evil shall disrupt ur lives. Qudus u deserve this a lot and I pray that you and your beautiful wife last forever. It already looks like you all will be happy, the wedding looked so wonderful. Its all love Qew, I wish u the best.

• Benji December 4, 2010 at 5:25 AM

The bride has beautiful skin and her makeup is flawless, wish them a life time of happiness.

• NNENNE December 4, 2010 at 5:46 AM

True love endures. Congratulations to you guys.

• anon December 4, 2010 at 5:55 AM

There’s just something about yoruba women…I think it’s the simplicity and the elegance they always have about them. Handsome couple, wish them the best.

• Kerrie December 4, 2010 at 7:39 AM

Totally love the pic of her and her mum!2 beautiful generations!Hot couple too!Congrats!

• uchechi December 4, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Congrats and happy married life to u both!

• Biz December 4, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Happy married life :)

• afrianchikito no.1 December 4, 2010 at 2:45 PM

happy married life beautiful ones!

• Daretospeak December 4, 2010 at 4:02 PM

You couldnt have said it any better Kémi Penélopê!congrats to them!

• Molly December 4, 2010 at 5:03 PM

Nice wedding dress, wud luv 2 no if its by Kosibah? Looks like one of his…his fittings are always fantastic

• DunDunKeh December 4, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Absolutely stunning bride, her skin is beautiful – happy married life :-)

• Kunbistic December 5, 2010 at 3:33 PM

Its poreless!! I kept staring at it…. amazing beauty!!

• lizzy December 4, 2010 at 7:53 PM

May the good Lord bless their union, Amazing wedding!!!!

• diva December 5, 2010 at 6:39 AM

nice

• mary007 December 5, 2010 at 7:22 AM

Me like! as in the blue makes sense! Wish them the very best!

• luscious lush December 5, 2010 at 1:39 PM

wow! love the bridesmaids dresses! so classy! would kill to know where to get something like that and d redhead bridesmaid….where can i get a dye job that good?

• squish December 5, 2010 at 2:50 PM

banke has done it again. great job.

• BN Fan December 5, 2010 at 5:05 PM

This bride is naturally beautiful! God bless their union.

• adelegirl December 6, 2010 at 9:31 AM

May God bless their union. Love the fact that the bride and her bridesmaids wore classy covered-up outfits without the usual over-cleavaged, bum and tum displays and still looked slamming! Thats what you can acheive with a little imagination. So tired of the garish overly-voluptuous dresses at weddings. So, this really impressed me.

• chiamaka December 6, 2010 at 12:24 PM

Adelegirl,right on point!dtz what I wanted 2 say.decent well covered bridesmaid n brides.love dat

• viv December 6, 2010 at 2:29 PM

nice wedding dress, all covered up but elegant. who says wedding dresses should be tube all the time!!. i love the concept of the bridesmaid and yeah especially the red shoes. hot! wish you both God’s blessings and perpetual bliss!

• waffles December 6, 2010 at 4:45 PM

moderately beautiful…less they say is more!!
      everything about this wedding was well thought through…congrats to the gorge couple!!

• Anya December 6, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Nice lipstick on the wedding day! and beautiful neck piece in the trad outfit. Happy married life.

• bukky December 7, 2010 at 2:27 PM

happy married life

• ASIA December 7, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Pretty bride, Wishing this couple the best in life

• Oma December 7, 2010 at 8:00 PM
    • halima idris December 7, 2010 at 10:20 PM

u are a picture.

• shi December 8, 2010 at 2:57 AM

is it me or does the groom look like D’banj?

• gege December 8, 2010 at 5:49 PM

i love your story…touchy!….i wish u a blissful married life!!!

• oluwaseun December 9, 2010 at 11:42 PM

thanks guys for all the lovely comments

• Oyinda December 10, 2010 at 2:06 PM

OMG!!!Seun, congrats.I was just came on the website to look for a friend being named as the upcoming designer and I just saw ur name,and was like could it be the same person and i saw ur pic.Ur dress is breathtaking and i remember the last time i saw you, u told me this story about him proposing and dis was 2003 but u were both still in school, and now, it has finally happened.sad i couldnt be there.good to see ewemade,seun olatunji, eva and yinka.cant believe i didnt keep in touch with you guys.BUT,most important of all,happy married life dear and u looked amazing.

• feyi December 11, 2010 at 7:51 PM

very classy and wonderful wedding, love everything about it, the bride is beautiful and the groom is very fine. HOT HOT HOT COUPLE

• franky December 13, 2010 at 10:29 AM

they are wonderful

• jane December 13, 2010 at 5:58 PM

waoh!!!!!!!!!! what a wonderful and colorful wedding the bride look beautifu,Happy married life.

• Ms Tamara December 14, 2010 at 9:23 AM

Awwwww……….I see the whole crew still keeping it real.
      Ex Hall 36 girls representing.
      Beautiful colours…….extremely beautiful bridesmaids! Ewi….loving the boldness of the red hair!!

• 9jagoogles December 21, 2010 at 12:32 PM

this bride looked absolutely breathtaking – refined and sophisticated yet warm and simply chic. I love the wedding gown, hairpiece and even the trad outfit. wonderful! you guys are a pretty couple, happy married life

• wumsbaby January 10, 2011 at 11:06 AM

I love her dress, simply classy. Bridesmaids dresses/ shoes are on piont. Groom is handsome & bride beautiful. My fav is her engt look, her beads are stunning. I wish you guys a blissful marriage

• label January 27, 2011 at 12:53 PM

omg she is super stunning

• Mimsy February 3, 2011 at 9:16 PM

What is a ‘Nikkai’?

• damojo June 6, 2012 at 7:24 PM

That awkward moment when U decide to marry an ogbanje.
        STUPID QUESTION!

• Qudus.. May 11, 2011 at 8:35 AM

May almighty Allah help Ʊ guys in ur ..married life…Amen………….

• San June 18, 2011 at 3:03 PM

I like the fact that the bride’s dress is something different- doesn’t feel the need to wear the standard strapless bra which has become something of a uniform these days !!

• Inem October 24, 2011 at 12:17 PM