“I NEVER Cheated on My Ex Hubby” – Toni Payne Defends Herself

Posted on Wednesday, January 29th, 2014 at 10:46 AM

By BellaNaija.com

toni-payne-pregnant-with-9ices-baby

Toni Payne was a faithful and loyal wife to 9ice…and she is making it known to all.

The PR Exec and former reality TV star who was married to the Nigerian music star is defending herself against allegations that she cheated on him while they married. The pair separated in 2010 and have a son together.

To read the full text, log on to her blog but read excerpts below;

I don dey talk long but to the initial point i wish to address, to those who still believe I cheated on my ex. I am sorry to disappoint you, I NEVER cheated on my ex hubby. It’s not who I am, it will never be who I am. Tell yourself 1 million times, Toni Payne cheated, it will never make it true. Nobody caught me in any lie, or in any bad situation, nobody slept with anyone he was close to. Yall need to put a full stop to that bullshit. Its old!. Sometimes, men want their freedom, and the fact is you cant force them to stay. Same goes for women.

Everyone wont have a perfect relationship, not everyone will stay married forever, we can only aspire to. Even those that have been married 10 years and are busy judging others, do you know your tomorrow? naaaa you sure don’t so curb it abeg. We can only pray, work, and hope for a good union. Anyways To address this my ex said this or that issue. Let me just say He has NEVER for once opened his mouth to accuse me of cheating. He has NEVER for once opened his mouth to accuse me of sleeping with anyone he knows. If awon alaiye baje wanna use our situation then to sell their crap, how is that my fault? The same media controlling the remote to say I think cheating is ok, are the same who controlled the remote back then to say his song was about me. Nobody ever called him to verify or ask before publishing.

I’ll admit that we both did not handle the situation well back then, It was the first time we would experience such. The tension was plenty and emotions were everywhere. We should have sorted it privately. which we did try to do but one rubbish headline and emotions go buckwild again. I don’t wanna sounding like I am defending him, cos he is responsible for himself, but in all fairness to him, and because I have a conscience that serves me well, not for once did he tweet, fb, email, interview anything of the sort. Our issues had absolutely nothing to do with what the media were speculating. People took a song he did and turned it upside down.

My crew MIXED AND MASTERED the song. If it was about me, why would I allow him release it. God gave all of us sense naa.. Some just chose not to use theirs and chose to believe anything they read even when the facts are there to sort through. The only thing I have blamed him for, was not coming out on time to refute the claims and allowing it to escalate to that level, he has since apologized SEVERALLY, we have discussed it privately as we should have from the jump. I have accepted and moved on. I have also apologized for losing my cool on twitter, he has since accepted and moved on. Really, what more is there. I am not sure what people want from me. Should I hate him forever? Should I tie him to a post and flog him mercilessly? Should I be a wicked person and deprive him of his son? If I remain bitter and upset, please what value will it add to my life? Wo, my life is much more simpler than all this. Those who know me well, know this.

Those that dont understand me are the ones who will be forever outside looking in, speculating crap. I am truly tired of this topic but since it seems to keep popping up, i felt it is best to finally address it properly. If anyone decides to hang on to the lie after this, that is their own cup of tea. I have a talk show to record, poetry to write and a child to raise. I don talk my own. FIN!.. If you catch any typos or errors.. take it like that. I wrote it as is…straight from the heart.. I know most who carried the headline have no conscience and wont bother appending but if anyone choses to take my post and misconstrue that one too, I leave you to God.. no be chere kambia..Se Fini

Be Sociable, Share!

Tags: ,

• Custom Search
  • 26 Comments on ““I NEVER Cheated on My Ex Hubby” – Toni Payne Defends Herself”

Comments
    • DAMMY January 29, 2014 at 11:08 AM

issokay

• Troll January 29, 2014 at 11:30 AM

With all the hideous weaves you fix, why won’t you have marital problems?

• corolla January 29, 2014 at 12:57 PM

You are really dense.

• Mademoiselle January 29, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Extremeeeellyyyy dense! Sometimes, you have to reason before you type, it’s not everyday chatting crap!!

• Neze January 29, 2014 at 9:28 PM

You sure are a troll!

• Kmt January 30, 2014 at 12:59 AM

Extremely STUPID

• Chika January 29, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Yawnnnnnnn. Was this not like years ago? ???

• Yours Truly January 29, 2014 at 11:44 AM

My dear, you don’t owe anybody any explanation

yourstrulyblogposts.blogspot.co.uk

• Mide January 29, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Issorai

• buqui January 29, 2014 at 12:09 PM

and what does her wigs have to do with her marital problems….smh for some of una. as if you dont have your own problem staring you in the face.

• dalton February 4, 2014 at 10:01 AM

obviously you do have a bunch
        ode

• jummai January 29, 2014 at 12:15 PM

Thats ur cup of tea.

• Dee January 29, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Trying to stay relevant?

• slice January 29, 2014 at 12:21 PM

I like the explanationm plus I think 9ice needs this chick in his life. His music career was so much beta when she was around his studio. He needs her like dbanj needs don jazzy

• Tobenna January 29, 2014 at 12:49 PM

Super Story…that was in the PAST! Nigerians have moved
      on…stop brooding!

• Grown Woman January 29, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Lmao……she’s def not happy.My advice to you hun, don’t waste your breathe, let people believe what they want to, no amount of explaination will change their mind so just take it easy and please your God…

• Mama Mia!!! January 29, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Water under the bridge, she still misses him. long forgotten…

• no heart to hate January 29, 2014 at 2:55 PM

Clearing the air, is ok. i just wish they could reconcile

• Modella January 29, 2014 at 3:12 PM

N,Awwww I feel her pain..That album sold like pure,may be the controversy sorrounding it..still 9ice huge fan thou…Talking about dbanj,BN no latest about him and Kanye???

• Sexxie January 29, 2014 at 4:05 PM

It’s all in the past. Only God knows the truth. Miss Payne’s last line is “c’est fini” not se fini.

• phummie January 29, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Y do i sense a reconciliation brewing or reconciliation ploy….I hope it is.

• Olori Tari January 29, 2014 at 8:52 PM

They should really reconcile TBH…that will be the cutest thing ever. *here’s me praying out loud*

• Beekay January 30, 2014 at 9:22 AM

I think they both need each other. This is one break up that I have never really recovered from. Wish them the best always

• Teletubby January 30, 2014 at 12:08 PM

Ode ni troll yi sha!always yearning dust

• Omo1 January 30, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Its “C’est Fini”..not “Se Fini”

• Bella January 31, 2014 at 9:40 AM

Personal issues on the web. I know its her blog and all but really no body cares and I don’t think she should either. no one can please the world and frankly she needs to stop trying, no matter what happened, marriage is between 2 people and God and that is all. I don’t know why she sounds so pained but then again I am not in her shoes, personally ignore what the media says and keep it moving, they will also eventually move onto another story!