Events

Sweet – Shopping – Success! Photos from Fusion Lifestyle’s 1st Ever Shopping Event in Lagos

The Fusion Lifestyle team had their quarterly shopping event for the first time in Lagos.

BellaNaija.com

The Fusion Lifestyle team had their quarterly shopping event for the first time in Lagos at The Jasmine Hall of Eko hotel and suites on the 31st of October and it was all it promised to be and more!

With 60 participants selling essential fashion and beauty needs like clothes, shoes, bags, jewellery, lingerie, makeup, kids clothes, home decor, books and health products. Also available were services like mini spa treatments, lash treatments, massages and so on.

As promised the Pinc Campaign was on hand for free clinical breast examinations and general breast cancer education which was very well received judging by the number of ladies who made their way to their booth!

Some lucky guests won prizes like books, lingerie, body products, home decor etc!

All in all it was a great event with over 1200 guests, great music and great networking opportunities!

The Fusion Lifestyle team is already planning their next event for the 5th of February at the Yaradua Center, Abuja and this will feature the usual shopping event as well as a massive food fair in conjunction with The Food Lovers Club of Abuja!

For enquiries: [email protected]

Hadeeza Remawa

Samiah Oyekan-Ahmed & Moradeke Bamgboye of Fusion

Sponsored Content
Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi

1. Ms. Jayee

November 19, 2010 at 3:43 pm

It was a fantastic shopping experience!!!!

2. evabrave

November 19, 2010 at 3:45 pm

its fabulous……….
    some thing like this should come to port harcourt ,.

3. kelly

November 19, 2010 at 3:46 pm

odi kwa riski for lagos!!

4. observer

November 19, 2010 at 4:20 pm

There were lots of beautiful stuff at the event. Wish you had more pics of other exhibitors and their stuff instead of visitors.

5. nene

November 19, 2010 at 4:35 pm

lovely event
    however, despite most of these people looking nice, many of them are dressed inappropriately 4 the event…its just a shopping event after all

• kelly

November 19, 2010 at 4:38 pm

hmmm. i thot so o. 9ijans n over dressing!!!

• blackberry

November 20, 2010 at 5:36 pm

Thought so too….n most of them do not even have shopping bags smh…seems v fake to me *rolling eyes*

6. Waha

November 19, 2010 at 4:51 pm

I can see all d foundation on their faces….meanwhile awesome pieces!!Im stealing some styles from here o! And I see the highwaisted pants are back…NEXT!

7. Jayla

November 19, 2010 at 5:05 pm

I love Tessy Uyah and her designs

8. niyoo

November 19, 2010 at 5:09 pm

I see the nagging by the readers took effect, lotsa shoppers now rock flat sandals to sunday market. A few left to be converted tho.

• whosthechick

November 19, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Exactly my thought…people actual take note of criticisms on bella naija

• chi

November 21, 2010 at 2:04 am

i dont see anything wrong in wearing heels to an event like this, its not like they are in a proper market! how about im going somewhere after the event and im wearing heels already? so i should bring along flat shoes so that my fellow bella naija peeps can be happy, anyone can wear what they like biko, i can choose to wear iro and buba with heels to a pool party if i want! peoples styles and taste differ abeg u guys should give it a rest biko!

• Winnie

December 8, 2010 at 3:07 am

There are no more rules to what you wear anymore as long as you wear it well. People wear sunglasses at night because it is fashionable not because of the sun. This is the best time to display your fashion sense as long as it is done classically. I think the ladies and gents look fabulous. Nigerians are starting to take better care of themselves and are more fashion conscious.

9. Lagos Boy

November 19, 2010 at 7:21 pm

I saw a lot of nice Pics but no one with Shopping bags in hand????????????

• Jenifa

November 22, 2010 at 1:14 am

Trust me, these sales events are pretty much another hangout photo/networking opportunity for lagos gals…majority don’t buy jack. hahahhahah..i am guilty. I ve been too a handful to meet up with my gals never with the intent to buy jack…like say i no go dey NY next spring to buy whatever crap i need 🙂

10. jennietobbie

November 19, 2010 at 7:25 pm

Naija is getting it…..and they are not smiling.

11. mary007

November 19, 2010 at 7:41 pm

I love my naija pips always looking fabulous!!! I love the way the keep their hairstyles are nice, keep it up girls

12. mary007

November 19, 2010 at 7:42 pm

Also BN thanks for all these nice pictures you always post

13. naijachic

November 19, 2010 at 7:49 pm

looks like a great shopping experience. i hope they will have another one when i come home this christmas.
    i love ify aniebo and ebi atawodis style. London P. i also like stephanie browns style. cute

• coolitdown

November 24, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Me too ify aniebo is my favourite. my dear you no fit read? its stephanie houston o where did you see brown lol

14. French Paris aaliyah

November 19, 2010 at 7:51 pm

me love this ……J’adore

15. sTRIKER

November 19, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Flea market…REALLY NICE!

16. hmmmm

November 19, 2010 at 9:47 pm

so jealous… so so many things to choose from… biko, gat to get me one of those jameslully bags… 🙂

17. elboogie

November 20, 2010 at 12:41 am

tessy uyahs designs are really gr8

18. Ready

November 20, 2010 at 4:03 am

That dude with the blinding-blue blazer Taryor Gabriels, Tenni Adedeji, Tessy Uyah, Zainab Ahmed, Makida Moka, Sheffy Bello-Osagie…It’s people like that we talked about on the last Friday issue. Calm yourselves down…una dey take picture, no shopping bag. Don’t go to markets to flaunt your heels and powderblue suits (questionable taste, dude). It’s a market.

19. caramel

November 20, 2010 at 8:26 am

Jennifer Adjhije looks ridiculous in that dress at a market. ughhh…pretty dress, wrong event. Thank goodness I get to rock jeans/ tank top and sweatpants to the mall/ flea market over here. All this effort to go shopping? naija pple too dey overdo things.

• Neks2u

November 20, 2010 at 9:42 am

Jennifer was an exhibitor at the event and she was showcasing her designs! If you were at the event you would have known this, but I guess you weren’t! So don’t go spouting of ignorant comments!

BTW, its a fashion event, that’s why people actually dress up………….

• dayo

November 21, 2010 at 1:55 pm

My caramel sistah, with all due respect, anyone who wears sweatpants to anything that does not involve sweat (like the gym — but I guess serious shopping might also count :-)) is just straightup ghetto.

• mariaah

November 23, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Or a CHAV!! I have had a rule since I was 15 or so “never go shopping (except open market) or the bank looking simple.. lol I know its weird but I ‘ll briefly explain : In banks (well Naija then) those cashiers will be raising their nose when they see you dressed simple (see me see wahala, me and my money again) but you notice heavily dressed pple will be answered sharply and even be called to sit in the manager’s office with no need to queue. Shopping..if you don’t want sales girls looking you “okoyon” aka “bad eye” like if you no wan buy waka! do not wear tank top and sweat pant. Even here, dress like a “chav” and see if security in the store will not follow you around..lol..

20. Nene

November 20, 2010 at 11:43 pm

Please, all you critics that want to see shopping bags, they went to a fashion shopping event not to the grocery store. Do you carry shopping bags to the mall here? Abeg make we hear word

21. Sam

November 21, 2010 at 3:47 pm

Tessy Uyah(serendipity),Tayo Gabriels (Taryor Gabriels bespoke) and Jennifer Adhigijie (House of silk) are all designers who were participating at the event, hence the dressing up!

22. Sam

November 21, 2010 at 3:48 pm

So was Zainab Ahmed (Ruba)

23. Justme

November 21, 2010 at 8:23 pm

Nice one….BN its here and its now. Pls all you commentators ( i kuku ma love you all), pls checkout this brill web for budding fashionistas in nigeria. http://www.orekebeau.com. I know the people behind it and the idea is fantastic. I have told them to contact you bella…its all things nigeria or naija should I say!

24. Nice Anon

November 21, 2010 at 8:24 pm

I can understand why some folks have overdressed to this thing. No one wants to get caught looking like mgbeke for dia. Seeing as the photos will end up on Bellanaija.

25. THE AMAKA

November 21, 2010 at 9:19 pm

for some odd reason i really like Oby Okeke’s look.

26. jummy

November 22, 2010 at 6:48 am

i see u AKPOS! haha get them sis!

27. gbekun

November 22, 2010 at 7:31 am

bellanaija should also be blamed for influencing the overdressing. what are they taking personal pictures of people shopping for? i dont blame people for overdressing jare, after all who wants to be photographed not-looking-right?
    and i wont be surprised if my comment is deleted. bellanaija never wants to be criticized.

• Toun

November 23, 2010 at 4:47 am

Lol!! true

28. suuweeet poohtaatoes

November 22, 2010 at 10:11 am

i’ve never appeared on bella 9ja…but will definitely dnt wanna be caught in bella nija luking tacky or wack…so dat explains d reason for d overdressing…

29. honeybee

November 22, 2010 at 1:14 pm

Everybody should take a good look at Oby Okeke’s dressing. That’s the way to go shopping!!!

30. iya

November 22, 2010 at 2:52 pm

Oby Okeke seemed the only ‘shopper’ to have got it right. The rest are just blah!! You could see the desperate need to be ‘seen’ on their faces. Lagos girls just need to get real jare!

• iya

November 22, 2010 at 2:54 pm

Also forgot to add most of the exhibitors got it right too by showcasing their designs and not going over the top.

31. mojisola b.

November 23, 2010 at 9:58 am

who said the gals didnt carry shopping bags? I was there and there were oh so many shopping bags!!! I guess those girls dropped theirs so could pose nicely for the pics. u know lagos girls like a touch of effizy……

32. Foluke

November 23, 2010 at 2:40 pm

I like the Farida pic best cos it’s in front of a Farafina banner. Get reading, Africa! http://www.kachifo.com.

33. lowlar

December 1, 2010 at 3:21 am

Lmao @ chi,ready and blackberry…yall shud b ez…like chi and jenifa sed,anybody can wear wot they like…and abt the shoppin bags..u can decide 2 drop 2 take the pictr!!!!ghels like a perfect pictr u knw

34. Nkem

March 22, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Wow…really nice…i wish we can have this type of event in Houston…i love this fusion lifestyle market.