News

MBGN World 2013 Anna Ebiere Banner Glams Up in Bali, Indonesia

BellaNaija.com

Anna Ebiere Banner at Miss World Competition in Indonesia - September 2013 - BellaNaija - 024

Anna, the Miss World 2013? Well, we hope so!

The Miss World 2013 finale will take place on Saturday 28th September 2013 in Bali, Indonesia. The closing ceremony was moved from Jakarta to Bali, after extremist groups threatened to attack the event.

Just before the D-Day, the beauty queens are engaging in many activities including Miss World Talent, International Peace Day and visit to schools and communities.

A dress rehearsal was held for upcoming events and all the contestants including Nigeria’s Anna Ebiere Banner got all gussied up.

For the rehearsal, Anna selected a strapless embellished mini dress, which features purple organza on the waist for a rise-and-fall hem look. She styled it with silver drop earrings and silver sandals. A sleek up do and red lipstick finished the look.

Anna Ebiere Banner at Miss World Competition in Indonesia - September 2013 - BellaNaija - 021Anna Ebiere Banner at Miss World Competition in Indonesia - September 2013 - BellaNaija - 022Anna Ebiere Banner at Miss World Competition in Indonesia - September 2013 - BellaNaija - 023

Photo Credit: www.facebook.com/MissWorld | www.facebook.com/SilverbirdMBGN

1. Nnenna

September 23, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Ughhhh! She’s so plain! Nothing about her stands out! She’s not making it to the top anything! Oh well, I guess there’s next year!

• Demmy

September 23, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Please why so negative and mean? We do not choose how we look, but God does so please no need to be rude or mean. xx

2. Lucylink

September 23, 2013 at 3:04 pm

She’s quite pretty. She looks very young, like a child playing dress-up.

3. mii

September 23, 2013 at 3:14 pm

pls hw is she so plain??? mmsscchheeww, she looks prettier dan d rest contestants in the last pix….

• Nma

September 23, 2013 at 3:36 pm

she does look prettier in the last picture…

4. Meandyou

September 23, 2013 at 3:29 pm

Nnenna i feel sorry for you…she is in bali living it up and you are commenting about her life…who is winning…hiss…what about you stands out ehn? apart from the nuts u missing in your head

5. Tuu

September 23, 2013 at 3:48 pm

@Mii….I tot so too.Pls madam Nnenna,dis is jst a young girl living her dreams,let her be abg,no1 will eva b perfect in ur eyes,She’s plain,she’s plain!please sum1 shld tel me weda she shld runaway bcos shes plain,its on bellanaija we preach self esteem,its still dis same pple dt will crush oda pple’s ego 2feel lik notin.R u d demon dey sent 2her 2make her nt2 mk it 2d top.I jst cnt stand some of dis negative comments.

6. SpecialK!

September 23, 2013 at 4:11 pm

Nnenna hasnt said anything bad. The girl is a typical igbo babe. We are supposed to be picking/using the MBGN to pick the cream da la cream of our girls to represent us.

7. hz

September 23, 2013 at 4:35 pm

thats an ugly dress

• Mz Socially Awkward...

September 23, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I really agree. She’s a pretty lass but what a fugly dress.

• Bleed blue

September 23, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Awwwww Mz Socially Awkward, my beacon… “fugly”? Really? 🙁

• Mz Socially Awkward...

September 24, 2013 at 10:49 am

@ Bleed Blue, you crack me up… No be small “beacon”. But, yeah, fugly 🙂 I’ve picked up a lot of interesting additions to me vocabulary, many thanks to a couple of my fave bloggers (otherwise known as the Fug Girls over at gofugyourself.com). 😀

8. mrm

September 23, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Every1 has d right to his/her opinion(s), if Nnena tnks d gal is plain, let her be. Gve yours nd move on. I tnk she’s pretty though. Wish her all d best.

9. paloma

September 23, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Nnenna!!! y d curse??? chai!!!!!! pray u get to where she is today!!!1

10. lin

September 23, 2013 at 4:49 pm

And what is your criteria for a cream de la cream*smh*Nigerian babes r fake.For Nnenna 2say she wuldnt gt2 d top is an unfair statement.

11. mii

September 23, 2013 at 4:50 pm

first of wats ur own definition of cream da la cream? secondly she isnt IGBO!!! kk ….nd nofin wrong if she is…pls @ Special K get ursef 2geda!!!

12. Live n Let Live

September 23, 2013 at 5:17 pm

Stop the hating, and attacking each other. Give the poor girl a break. If she doesn’t make it to the top, so??? Not everyone of them will make it to the top. Besides, some will have to lose. Please live and let live people.

13. Modella

September 23, 2013 at 5:49 pm

Face fattening is the worst kind of fat…Keeping rocking sha

• mhhhmmm

September 23, 2013 at 10:31 pm

LMAO Modella. Face fattening. did she make her own face?

14. dlapikin

September 23, 2013 at 5:50 pm

The girl is plain. That red lipstick and the trade-school-project looking dress is not helping her. She is living her dream good; But she is also in a world class pageant, a once-in- a- lifetime opportunity she is wasting being forgettable.

• banimo

September 24, 2013 at 2:44 am

#gbam!

15. creamy

September 23, 2013 at 6:20 pm

She looks prettier. Wish you Good Success Sweerie

16. Soraya

September 23, 2013 at 6:36 pm

@ SpecialK! September 23, 2013 at 4:11 PM – you should have done some research before making such nasty comment about her- no, Anna is no Igbo babe- she is mixed race. That said, she has every right to be Indonesia to have the time of her life even if her chances aren’t great! Go on Anna, enjoy yourself in Indonesia and ignore the negative comments of those bitter people who will never get to travel outside Nigeria and who will never go far in their lives! Do us and yourself proud at Miss World and don’t forget to bring back some souvenirs for our customs and immigration officials or else they will detain on dubious chances when you come back home. I know you enjoy eating but please remember don’t collect anything from anybody in Indonesia to bring home- else you could be accused of drugs trafficking!

17. Nnenna

September 23, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Oh Lordy! Lol! I’m sorry but where in my comment did I curse her? Oh the drama! Tuu, you made your comment very hard to read! Please use full words next time! This isn’t twitter that you’re limited to 140 characters! Paloma, I like where I am today but thanks for caring I guess! *kanye shrug* Meandyou, feel not sorry for me, my dear, ad I am well! Lol! Good night all!:-*

• Nomy

September 23, 2013 at 7:49 pm

Chic just shut up! Am certain you aren’t fine either!

18. Nnenna

September 23, 2013 at 6:45 pm

*and*

19. S!

September 23, 2013 at 7:47 pm

She looks cheap. Why didnt the ministry of tourism or something get a stylist or something for her?

20. Demmy

September 23, 2013 at 8:52 pm

She’s so beautiful in my opinion. I don’t like her dress though.Goodluck to her. xx

21. mujer casada

September 24, 2013 at 12:06 am

Ebiere, that was not your best outfit, and ya know it!

22. ima

September 24, 2013 at 12:43 am

she needs to try other hairstyles/lipsticks….#justsaying.

23. Lee

September 24, 2013 at 8:55 am

To me, she looks like a normal average pretty babe, not one to represent a country in a world beauty event… nothing stands out #mytake

24. Don'tcare

September 24, 2013 at 4:16 pm

I don’t know why Nigerians find it hard to support their own person. I honestly don’t think Anna is a Miss World product but i can’t deny the fact that she’s a very pretty girl. “she’s just like an average girl”…NO, she’s not. She’s above average. She’s the prettiest is that last picture. If y’all are complaining what will Lesotho now say?

25. ao

September 27, 2013 at 2:13 am

Anna is prettier than all of the other girls in the
    picture. She might win this thing.