News

SURPRISE! Toke Makinwa & Maje Ayida Secretly Tie the Knot in Lagos

BN Exclusive - Toke Makinwa & Maje Ayida - August 2013 - BellaNaija 023

Say hello to the latest couple in town.

Nigerian media personality Toke Makinwa and her fitness expert beau Maje Ayida are MARRIED.

BellaNaija.com exclusively got the scoop that the on again, off again pair tied the knot on Wednesday 15th January 2014, but out of respect of their privacy, we decided not to report. The news was unveiled on Laila’s Blog.

Toke & Maje

After their much publicized split, insiders revealed to BN that Maje felt miserable about the break-up. And to get his one and true love with him forever, he ensured that he popped the big question and tied the knot as soon as possible.

The private ceremony was held in Lagos with family and a few close friends in attendance.

Berta-Bridal-Wedding-Dresses-2014-BellaNaija-28-600x399

Toke sizzled in a custom white dress by Nigerian design label April by Kunbi. The designer took inspiration from a Berta Bridal dress with a gold belt.

Here are some signs via Twitter that she already tied the knot. These were sent out after the ceremony.

BN will bring you photos soon. Congrats to the couple.

1. Nollywodgaga

January 17, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Congrats !

Waiting for comments with popcorn now

• Tamar

January 17, 2014 at 10:34 pm

So the LIB commenter who said they saw Toke n Maje cuddling up at the movies wasn’t lying?
      Congrats to them both even though I’m feeling like this is a huge mistake on her part.
      I guess she wasn’t too busy to plan this one. Lol

• j

January 19, 2014 at 2:34 am

ehm tot was the only one who saw the comment. well thumps up to them. God bless

• fara

January 18, 2014 at 5:52 am

Congrats guys!!!!!!! Wishing you all the best!!! Toke Baby, all our MFM prayers worked!!! Awon haters are gonna get their feelings hurt with this one o!!!

• M

January 18, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Think she is pregnant!!

• Somto

January 20, 2014 at 12:11 pm

That’s great then! Her child gets to be born ‘within wedlock’ Yayy!

• JACKIE

January 18, 2014 at 10:20 pm

MORE LIKE THEY PLANNED IT THAT WAY CAUSE THEY COULD NOT
      AFFORD A SOCIETY WEDDING! You know she’s at EVERYONE’s function, so
      everyone would have wanted to see what they would do! TOO MUCH
      PRESSURE?!!

• Seun

January 20, 2014 at 11:36 am

most you be negative in your life. why cant you see the good in what others do. the fair opinion would have been they wanted a private wedding and it has nothing to do with money. gosh

• Chinenye

January 20, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Choi!
      Thats quite nasty. They arent the first ‘celebs’ to have a low key wedding and guess what? No matter what they do, they’ll NEVER meet up to everyone’s expectations.

• chinko

February 3, 2014 at 11:42 am

• JACKIE

January 18, 2014 at 10:20 pm

MORE LIKE THEY PLANNED IT THAT WAY CAUSE THEY COULD NOT AFFORD A SOCIETY WEDDING! You know she’s at EVERYONE’s function, so everyone would have wanted to see what they would do! TOO MUCH PRESSURE?!!

2. Nwachidinma

January 17, 2014 at 8:58 pm

WOOOOW! Congratulations!!!

• Blossom

January 18, 2014 at 8:41 am

Wait. Did her parents not attend? Abi is this another stunt?

• Tosin baby

January 18, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Oponu were you there? How did you know if they did or didn’t attend? How does their non attendance or attendance affect your life?

3. buukih

January 17, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Congrts toke,hope it works!

4. Ibukun

January 17, 2014 at 9:03 pm

LooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL *faints* Now this is how you handle social media! rachet but entertaining. Toke Makinwa, God bless your hustle…this young woman is gonna be here for a very long time. I promise y’all. if you don’t get it, just Ask WendyWilliams or better still watch KrisJenner.

• deebaby

January 18, 2014 at 1:00 pm

“Now this is how you handle social media” I love that lol,
      she handled it so well…. I just love her. Toke dear, congrats!
      Live that fairytale life jare. *High Five*

5. Alero Mii

January 17, 2014 at 9:03 pm

Surprise of the year! Congrats Toke & God bless your union

6. divadivine

January 17, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Toke isn’t my fave but i’m very happy for her. I totally understand the need to hide ur r/ship from ‘evil eyes’. congrats and I wish u both many happy years

7. Great Portland Street

January 17, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Congrats ! I knew they were still together. I saw them at silverbird cuddling up to each other last week or so. They never broke up o! It was all a publicity stunt .

• Donald-Landon

January 17, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Yes. I knew that breakup interview was a stunt. They did that to throw people off their raider. Janet. Jackson did the same thing with Wissam al Mana. She denied and denied and even lied a couple of times that she had broken up with Wissam. Only for everyone to fine out early last year that they had been married for 5 months.

• MyView

January 17, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Actually, they did break up. They were supposed to do this a few weeks ago but the guy left her at the registry. They did get back together with conditions.

8. Ibukun

January 17, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Oh I forgot to add, I Love Eeeeeeiiiiiiiit!

9. Leona Heart

January 17, 2014 at 9:09 pm

i knew they was gon get back together! i sha didnt think the wedding will be so fast! wow! i know shes so happy and im happy for her too. Go Toksstarr 🙂
    Happy Married Life you two!

walkwithleona.blogspot.com

• Chigbo

January 17, 2014 at 10:45 pm

You just don’t get it do you???
      There’s nothing like getting back together because they never separated in the first instance! It was all a publicity stunt!!

Congrats Toke! My respect for you is through the roof!!!

• Jade

January 19, 2014 at 2:37 pm

Leonaaaa, you found your way here too.????? Much love. Akpunwa!

10. Yetty

January 17, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Very surpise

• Newbie

January 17, 2014 at 9:38 pm

Lemme help you with the ‘d’

• whocares

January 17, 2014 at 11:53 pm

LMAOO. Jesu! I choked on my rice. looool. No i genuinely choked.

• victoria

January 18, 2014 at 12:39 am

lol. You are a mess!

• Eve1

January 18, 2014 at 1:22 am

Lol

• Mystique

January 18, 2014 at 1:30 am

Lmao! Best comment 😀

• Newbie

January 18, 2014 at 11:14 am

See what Toke Makinwa gist does to people? Forgetting to
      finish their sentences and ting lol! Go Tokstarr!!! @whocares,
      ahem, I hope you are in the states, otherwise why are you eating
      rice at 11:53pm? Come and ask me how I got this paunch that has
      refused to budge 😉

• Tosin baby

January 18, 2014 at 4:57 pm

I can’t laugh Rotflmao your comment is too funny. Thanks I
      needed a laugh

• Hurperyearmie

January 20, 2014 at 9:24 am

Lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooo u no be better person LOL biko i dey office make my Oga no sack me

11. Concerned_Boyfriend

January 17, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Wow!..Girl you did that!!. Congratulations

12. Sara

January 17, 2014 at 9:12 pm

Awww, congrats to them!

13. Danie

January 17, 2014 at 9:13 pm

I normally just read all the bashing comments. Now let’s see what comments would be hurled at this woman. Whether the union works or not, it’s not our business to care, just let sb live her life! I just had to twale for this twist! Cray cray lovely! God help my skin get thicker than hers!

14. Anon

January 17, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Toke is a joker I can neva take her vlog seriously,its on n off her rship for 12yrs I pray dey last up to d half of d numbers dey dated

• Joan85

January 17, 2014 at 9:23 pm

She don marry!!!! Sister Caro, where is ya own ring?! LMBO!
      I love love love your stunt, Toke! As I do not know you personally, I cannot say what the future holds for you, my dear, and I can only wish you all the best. But for this joy, this gladness in your heart, I am mad happy for you 🙂

• Tamar

January 17, 2014 at 10:38 pm

This mentality Naija women have that getting the ring means you’re a winner is the dumbest shit I ever heard. Disgusting.

Congrats to the couple again.

• Diya

January 17, 2014 at 11:20 pm

Marriage & having a piece of jewelry around your left finger must be your ultimate goal in life. Comments like this shows how senseless, desperate & helpless many Nigerian & other women become when marriage is concerned. Even if the man is an asshole, a ring will calm down many women & their gra gra.

Congrats to the couple.

• word

January 17, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Principalities & power! Omo, people r evil o!

• AA

January 18, 2014 at 7:35 am

Abeg shut up jor. Be happy for someone for once in your life! Congratulations Toke!!!

• Yaw

January 18, 2014 at 7:06 pm

Lol. Your type irritates me! You should help your life by
      being positive and stop hating on people for your own
      good.

15. Donald-Landon

January 17, 2014 at 9:14 pm

She pulled a Janet Jackson right there. Congrats on your wedding.

16. yostic

January 17, 2014 at 9:17 pm

BN, it’s not always about you. People just want to hear the news. SO what if you knew about it first? Just share it and stop claiming to have known about it before everyone else. NO ONE CARES.

HML Toke and Maje

• Angry immigrant

January 17, 2014 at 11:02 pm

I agree @ yostic.

BN, that line claiming you had “exclusive scoop” and decided not to blog it is sooooooooo not necessary and it’s very hard to believe. Duh.

• RME

January 18, 2014 at 9:23 am

Naija women, using Duh out of context since…well since forever.

• Sansarai

January 18, 2014 at 11:28 am

@RME, LMAO! True, that “duh” no just make sense in this context…

• Dee

January 18, 2014 at 9:31 am

I know right….BN please take several seats

17. http://samuelohis.blogspot.com

January 17, 2014 at 9:17 pm

congrats samuelohis.blogspot.com

18. Nikki phil

January 17, 2014 at 9:20 pm

I’m soooo happy for you toke… Enjoy!

19. Anonymous

January 17, 2014 at 9:25 pm

Congrats Toke! Ha ha ha . . See her face.

20. Mama Mia!!!

January 17, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Not surprised!!! Congrats toke… hopefully, you learn to keep your business in private…

21. www.anemistyle.com

January 17, 2014 at 9:29 pm

OMG great new Toke!!! Congrats

anemistyle.com

22. bla

January 17, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Bella I don’t see the point in saying you knew the gist first….if u did not want to publish before you should not have published now…since we already read it on other blogs. Rightly said..it is not about you!!

• I see friends shaking hands, saying how do you do? They're really saying I love you

January 18, 2014 at 12:55 pm

But as they knew about it first nko? Abeg!

23. Steph

January 17, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Okay now this is when the word “UNBELIEVABLE” is relevant Chimo….Finally GAME OVER well played I must say! nice characters.. y’ll got fooled..lolzz smart move Toke kudos…. HML nd pls we dnt wanna hear any …..”because of irreconcilable differences” in d nearest future …ths whole journey worth HappilyEverAfter..wishing u a wonderful union….

24. Newbie

January 17, 2014 at 9:34 pm

I don’t understand how BN got an ‘ exclusive scoop ‘, if LIB also had the same gist – and went ahead to publish it first…upon which BN’S ‘ respect for their privacy ‘ promptly evaporated! Ha! Just act like big girls and admit that they beat you guys to this one 😉

To the newly-weds, HML, LLNP, GBYH, PPP, etc. You get my drift

• Dee

January 18, 2014 at 9:34 am

Exclusive kor… Lol

25. Firstlaydeee

January 17, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Wow no negative comments . Congrats to the couple ,.

• Tish

January 20, 2014 at 12:31 pm

Says who? Looks like you need to scroll right back up and start reading again.
      #ThatsHowPeopleFailExams

26. Changing Faces

January 17, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Congrats to the couple…. maybe the marriage brigade will now let her rest!

27. Temidoll

January 17, 2014 at 9:40 pm

With the amount of time people spend minding other people’s businesses, its a miracle how they make time for their own business. sigh…………………….

28. Nessa

January 17, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Oh dear! How in the world did we go from Lupita, Omotola and Genevieve to this?

29. missy J

January 17, 2014 at 9:47 pm

The way I love this toke eeerrh I fit kidnap her oo. So many good things happening around her of lately and I think she deserves it.
    #Bia Bellaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, you sure say you get the scoop at all?

30. SOLO ACT

January 17, 2014 at 9:47 pm

she is an attention seeker! i bet u they “broke up” for publicity. a lot of people commented on that post that they broke up. thats what they wanted. whatever, she has accomplished a nigerian womans purpose for living which is to get married. now she can sit down on do some more blogs.

• Truetalk

January 20, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Babe, this bitterness no go kill you? Don’t be bitter. Just work for you want and let go of the negativity. You so hate Toke that you can’t stay away from topics concerning her? Get a life! It’s never too late.

31. viva

January 17, 2014 at 9:51 pm

God bless their marriage. This is just the kinda love story I just love to hear. She pulled a fast one too. Toke toke… Smart chic of life. Lol.

32. Suzey

January 17, 2014 at 9:54 pm

BN, stop trying to claim fore-knowledge.
    As for those ur insiders *side-eye*.
    ‘Toke sizzled in a custom white dress by Nigerian design label April by Kunbi’ does not equal ‘And to get his one and true love with him forever, he ensured that he popped the big question and tied the knot as soon as possible’ – in my book. Custom made takes time and planning.
    You missed this one. Good news all da same though! Many warm e-hugs to Toke.

• omada

January 18, 2014 at 8:39 pm

hian…

33. lucy tracy

January 17, 2014 at 9:58 pm

wow!!! i actually died and woke up 7 times …. lol! didn’t see it coming.
    I’m soooo happy for you girl… congratulations on your wedding.
    GOD Bless you more !

34. temitope

January 17, 2014 at 10:00 pm

This goes to show that whatever will be will definitely be…congrats toke and maje!!!!

35. sweetner

January 17, 2014 at 10:00 pm

Mixed feelings…. But I wish her well

36. her

January 17, 2014 at 10:01 pm

BOOMSHAKALA!!

37. Anessa Kowalsteh

January 17, 2014 at 10:03 pm

God bless your marriage Toke!
    Finally!

38. isabella

January 17, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Toke, chop knuckle…..your head dey there…bad belle people, make una go hug transformer

39. nala

January 17, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Fibonacci January 4, 2014 at 4:45 PM
    They are still dating…..heard it from a very very very reliable source. All these ones na drama. They are getting married this year sef.

Congratulations! You definitely called it! LOL!

• GOLDIE

January 18, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Yea, I remember reading this also and tbh I believed
      it…

40. oci

January 17, 2014 at 10:12 pm

What some women go through just to get a ring and answer ‘mrs somebody’. And to imagine some other women get married without so much stress, hassle or hustle.
    Finally Toke you’re married, can we finally rest?
    A little advice: pls pls keep your married life PRIVATE, marriage is not a relationship you can jump in and out of.
    Congarts and may the good lord bless your union

• Ib

January 17, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Your head is there my dear.I agree with everything you said. I won’t struggle o

• AA

January 18, 2014 at 7:38 am

The other women that get married without hassle, no be say their own marriage go sweet pass o. It’s just God my dear!

41. Emy

January 17, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Nice one Toke! Nigerians n Bloggers wont allow pple rest with gossips. Aproko Paper Bag. Linda Ikeji pls take note too. Thans!

42. Angel

January 17, 2014 at 10:14 pm

Hahaha they say he who laughs last laughs best, am so happy for Toke..
    Am not even a fan, never watched her videos, my love for Toke grew when I saw the
    Hatred and insults pple send her way anytime her pic was posted. Various blogs make up
    All kind of stories about this chick’s poor life, at a point I was like how can one person take all this. Then came her break up story, I felt so bad for her, I thought her haters wud now have reason to tear her apart and put her down completely. But then I noticed she kept on doing her thing with her head held high, I was soo proud of her and wished her well from my heart. So u can imagine how excited I am right now to read this wonderful news that she secretly tied the knot…..Congratulations girl, may your home be filled with happiness, love, beautiful children, health and every other thing u wish for. I don’t even know u but am sincerely happy for u….

• AA

January 18, 2014 at 7:41 am

Same here! Never knew her or watched her vlogs. All that hatred directed towards her was so sad. I just had to support her

• Anonymous

January 20, 2014 at 11:37 am

lol at never knew her, u really fooled all of us, (read that with all the sarcasm u can) yet u comment on every single Toke post, babe pls gaan sleep ok

43. missy J

January 17, 2014 at 10:16 pm

One more thing..I hope when toke gives advices on relationships y’all will listen. #Venita apko or whatever hope you watching this?

• mrs I

January 18, 2014 at 1:28 am

No my dear, I won’t listen bcos as far as I’m concerned she’s still not a smart woman. It won’t take a smart woman 12yrs, a fake engagement and lotys of controversy to hook a guy. The whole thing reeks of desperation to me.
      My God, NIGERIAN WOMEN have we sunk so low that merely being married no matter how its done, no matter to whom, has become our life’s acheivement?
      Just moments ago a lot of u were bashing poor Maje, how he was a good-for-nothing 42 year old failed instructorthat Toke was too good for, all of a sudden, he’s a correct guy cos they got married????
      No wonder divorce rates are soaring

• Non professional opinion

January 18, 2014 at 9:51 am

Toke is still Toke and Maje is still Maje, but now they
      have finally made this commitment, it’s not our job to tear them
      down and hope it doesn’t work out so that we feel vindicated in our
      opinions. God is watching after all. Grown folks know that marriage
      extends beyond the wedding day so their journey has just begun,
      let’s wish them well. “Lace-front grit” and “quarter to 50”, I wish
      you both happy married life may God bless your union. Just keep
      striving to do better than yesterday and ignore us “haters”. It’s
      been entertaining

44. Ivie Oronsaye

January 17, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Tpke chop kiss you sabi am dear… congratulationships are tn order… you catch the public MUGU..lolzz Happy marital bliss..look forward to your next topic on toke moments..lol

• Ivie Oronsaye

January 17, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Toke*

45. Fioki

January 17, 2014 at 10:19 pm

Congrats Toke. Beautiful wedding gown. God bless your home.

46. Chubby cake

January 17, 2014 at 10:29 pm

The whole break up, She unfollowing him on twitter was Publicity Stunt! And it worked for them. Congrats. Just wonder what’s next on your Vlog; maybe how to keep a home and less drama from u two

• Bling

January 17, 2014 at 11:47 pm

But I don’t get it. They pretended to break up? Why??? I don’t understand these almost-celebs. What is going on?

47. Nneks

January 17, 2014 at 10:29 pm

LOL…Tokstarr….Happy Married Life Babe………cant stop laughing though….this girl understands the game…

48. King of Hearts

January 17, 2014 at 10:30 pm

After attending her cohort’s weddings and eating their food. Na wha ooo!

49. Yours Truly

January 17, 2014 at 10:30 pm

The biggest surprise of the century – congratulations Toke and Maje

yourstrulyblogposts.blogspot.co.uk/

50. Cool cat

January 17, 2014 at 10:33 pm

So he only just popped the question? Thought they were engaged already. She sure as hell got her happy ending, if all else fails, give him an ultimatum

51. http://www.thelmathinks.blogspot.com/

January 17, 2014 at 10:35 pm

I almost started dancing when I saw this on LIB. they really fooled everyone mehn. I wish them all the happiness in the world.

52. Tomifeoluwa

January 17, 2014 at 10:39 pm

Lol! i dunno what to say sha… Happy married life to you, i hope u’ll put to work all the advice u gave on ur vlog in this nu marriage. Dear single ladies (Toke’s vlog fans) out there, Toke has left ur circle, shine ur eyes and go get married too!

53. Diamond

January 17, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Dear bellanaija, since you got the insider gist since, y didn’t u use the pix ur insider gave u? U did not get first hand gist on this, no need for that part in ur article, we understand… HML to Toke and Maje

54. Wunmi

January 17, 2014 at 10:40 pm

Bellanaija why claim u knew d story first u just Didnt want to break it to respect their privacy?just give credit to who broke d story first and stop famzing.That was so uncalled for

55. FJD

January 17, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Please I hope this is not photoshoped . If it’s true , I am very very very happy infact very happy for them oh! Toke congrats!

56. me

January 17, 2014 at 10:44 pm

hahahaha the breakup was a distraction as bloggers no let them be! they have been engaged for two years plus now yet they kept saying she was begging for ring.

nice one toke 1: bloggers: 0

do you have any idea how ilong it takes to customize a gown! this was no rush rush anything

happy married life

57. ifeoma nwawe

January 17, 2014 at 10:48 pm

toke congrats!!!!!!!!! happy married life. I hope and pray you guys live happily..

58. Miss_Flygerian

January 17, 2014 at 10:49 pm

Damn!! Ok, I was totally blindsided by this one. Even when people said the break-up was a publicity stunt, I didn’t believe it. Anyway sha, HML to them.

59. Chigbo

January 17, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Her tweets say it all
    Toke I m so happy for you
    The Lord has really prepared a table in the presence of your enemies!

60. Soum

January 17, 2014 at 10:54 pm

I’ll go to bed now,and come back for the comments.
    Hml Maje and Toke

61. John

January 17, 2014 at 11:03 pm

Are they both ashamed of each other that they had to make it a secret? To think that Toke is at everyone’s event including their wedding, yet she chose to hide hers….anything for attention…her pregnancy would be another attention seeking stunt. Just watch

• John

January 18, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Less I forget, I guess THEY must have paid her to get
      married, since THEY pay her to attend events. Bella Abeg give us
      something hews worthy.

• She formerly known as Knut

January 18, 2014 at 11:58 pm

You my dear are a horrible horrible person. Congrats Toke!!

62. wizzy

January 17, 2014 at 11:06 pm

Baby Girl, Your a STAR… Definitely, you own kinda amazing design… Keep shinning bright…. Happy Married life. May the Lord continually favor and bless you this 2014, May all your days be blessed beyond measure, and May God give you both wisdom to build your home and marriage. You are BLESSED!!!

63. sade A

January 17, 2014 at 11:07 pm

why did she say the’d broken up????

64. Ella

January 17, 2014 at 11:08 pm

congratulations !!

65. aijay

January 17, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Waoooo! Nice one, congrats Toke…. God bless ur marriage!

66. Anon

January 17, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Congratulations.

67. mimzzzzzzzzzz

January 17, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Congrats Toks, I wish you and Maje all the blessings that come with marriage.

68. Suki

January 17, 2014 at 11:27 pm

Aww….

69. fola

January 17, 2014 at 11:29 pm

When you have been with someone for 12 years, u just dont walk away from that. Trust me ladies, if ou have been through heartbreak u will def understand. It can never be easy.

70. mide

January 17, 2014 at 11:32 pm

VENITA AKPOS’MUMU’FURE Where art though? Hiding your head in shame? Well look who’s laughing now! Toke has been and will forever remain classier than you! And no, no, no, don’t delude yourself this ain’t Toke. Hahaha. Toke I’m sending e-hugs your way! God bless your union! Love, love, love all the way! Mwah!

• mide

January 17, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Dang this spell check I meant thou! Btw BN, una too dooooooo! Aproko blog, we don’t kia if you knew since 1999 abeg park well, shio!

71. Different shades of Nigerian

January 17, 2014 at 11:36 pm

If all that breakup stuff was a publicity stunt then it means these two are the biggest attention seekers in the world… Marriage is not the end, it is actually the beginning of the journey. With that said, I will grab my popcorn and wait for the real drama to unfold cos if they planned that breakup then na now we go see better drama

• Bling

January 17, 2014 at 11:55 pm

I think so too. And so is Tiwa Savage. All the hiding and then exposing… I tire.

72. xoxo

January 17, 2014 at 11:47 pm

Publicly stunt ke!! These two are so so smart!! They just didn’t ‘t want all the crowd on their wedding day. It was just a smart move by the two of them. Happy married life Toke & Maje, ladies that’s how you do it, “Like a Boss””.

• kilipot

January 18, 2014 at 12:36 am

More like they can’t afford a “talk of the town” wedding that ll match their “celebrity status” . They just had to improvise, lol.
      Beautiful dress, they look good together. Wish them all the best
      Still not a fan of her vlogs though, on her career path she really needs to work harder. Improve on your content, ideas and presentation style.

• chichi

January 18, 2014 at 10:41 am

Usually, i dont comment on anything toke but Oh, how I love you kilipot…just said exactly what I was thinking…chick doesnt strike me as someone who would want a simple, quiet wedding..she’s got drama
      written all over her..Was extremely happy for her when I saw this post, thinking: THIS IS THE END!!! Then I calmed down when it suddenly hit me that she might be back next Wednesday reciting everything my parents taught me before I turned 13..Yes I watch some of her vlogs but I guess I’m one of those ppl that will never understand why ppl are so fascinated with this chick.Never!!! Oh and congrats toke before someone chops my head off..

• mrs chidukane

January 18, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Exactly.They definitely can’t afford to invite all the
      people Toke has been hobnobbing with and doing asoebi for.

• damepenelope

January 18, 2014 at 8:43 pm

My thoughts exactly!

• She formerly known as Knut

January 19, 2014 at 12:01 am

It’s a good thing na. She is coating her coat according to
      her size. Toke jare, respect!

• She formerly known as Knut

January 19, 2014 at 12:10 am

*cutting* her coat…. my hands are tired today
      😀

• kilipot

January 19, 2014 at 11:15 am

@chichi dear. She WILL be here next Wed. Lol
      She lives for publicity, wish her strength for the struggle.

73. grace bassey

January 17, 2014 at 11:48 pm

I don’t believe this

74. anon2

January 17, 2014 at 11:51 pm

This one is for all the haters! What will be, will be. Nobody knows why Toke sill loves Maje, despite, his cheating, flaws and baby Mama’s. Love conquers all, they fought and there was drama, but in that time a friendship and bond was formed between them, and I guess the finally stopped making a big deal out of the little things. You only live once, and you only love once. Once you have found true love you will get this post. I wish them well. I pray Maje will finally treat her right. God bless there union, Toke deserves it for her loyalty. The whole world told her that her man was rotten, but she should by him. I hope he appreciates it and ‘proves’ himself to be deserving of her love in the end, she has endured enough humiliation, its time for her to smile.

• kilipot

January 18, 2014 at 9:32 am

Who brainwashed you that u only love once?!

75. nene

January 18, 2014 at 12:24 am

lol. they took everyone for a ride. this was a nollywood/hollywood script all along. losers.

76. corolla

January 18, 2014 at 12:26 am

So happy for her.

77. Rhecks

January 18, 2014 at 12:36 am

Wohoo!! Congrats Toke!! Anyhow your enemies wan talk am, u don win! May God bless your new home…

78. anon

January 18, 2014 at 1:25 am

See how stupid some of you are! Toke and Maje decided to divert your focus somewhere else and pulled off a great stunt!! Kudos and congrats to both of them…smart peeps saving money for better things than having a lavish wedding…God bless their union!!!

79. oola

January 18, 2014 at 1:36 am

I AM HAPPY FOR THEM BOTH…

80. African Sweetheart

January 18, 2014 at 2:19 am

Congratulation Toke and Maje. Toke I am so happy for you. The insults you got last year truly hurt my feelings, I remember a joke Linda Ikeji made on her blog right after an article with you and Maje saying that a long engagement is witchcraft. It pained me because I couldn’t understand how another woman (who happens to be single) could mock someone else’s relationship…it was unfair and I thank God for proving what with your promotion as a TV host and your new marriage that He has the final say. Just as the message I sent to you said, God will surely bless you, and He has and He will continue to. The more people hate without reason to, the more you will shine. Kisses!

Chidinma, African Sweetheart! 🙂

• Jo!

January 18, 2014 at 10:46 am

Ha! Bikonu, someone elses insults hurt your feelings??? Are you okay? So what should she now do, jump in the lagoon? Eni a foro lo toni toun baje…

• mrs I

January 18, 2014 at 10:48 am

.African sweetheart, you and your beef with Linda Ikeji. Abeg don’t bring it onto this blog. Its not professional to bashyour fellow blogger, no matter how you feel. Instead focus your energy on developing your own blog

• African Sweetheart

January 18, 2014 at 6:57 pm

Point of correction, bullies. I don’t take kindly to
      bullying end of. Doesn’t matter who it is.

• bellacious

January 19, 2014 at 12:37 pm

I really don’t know how u blog readers prostitute, ur here insulting Linda Ikeji over a joke that she didn’t start or create all because ur a toke ass licker. My dear u nid a life. Am not any blogger fan as long as I want gossip on celebs I visit LIB, for DV bad belle news on few blogger I visit SDK, for wedding and insite on goodlooks i visit BN. Cuss me n cuss your generation.

• Truetalk

January 19, 2014 at 3:15 pm

As a fellow woman, she had a duty not to continue it. That is bullying. Many people have committed suicide for being bullied. Linda, a single girl, is utterly irresponsible to diss another woman for being single -not that singleness is a disease. The society puts enough burden on women, you all should pull each other up. Not tear each other up to shine, while hiding or ignoring your own vices. African …., hats off to you.

81. Bide

January 18, 2014 at 2:31 am

These two tryna pull some beyonce stunt init??..Anyway, Happy married life Toke..

82. Asg

January 18, 2014 at 2:40 am

For some weird and strange reason, I would like to see this couples love story in a Nollywood flick….. Just saying. Suggestions- Producer- Ego Boyo, Director- Lancelot, Who go be Toke and Maje? Hmm

83. Joan85

January 18, 2014 at 2:45 am

Tamar and Diya, calm your tatas abi kini biko ahn ahn, I was channeling my inner ‘naija single girl’ biko. Any one can have their reservations abt Toke but talking abt years n all that wasn’t necessary.
    Diya, you don’t know me and you do not know my ultimate goal in life. Please choose your words next time 🙂

84. livingmylifeasitsgolden

January 18, 2014 at 4:14 am

Waoh! I really didn’t see this coming, am so surprised.
    That being said I wish you both a blissful marriage. I gather from Toke’s tweets that she so happy, so here’s the part where I ‘ll wish u a happy ever after.

85. olori Tari

January 18, 2014 at 4:47 am

Just look at my favourite doing her damn thing !!!! #J”adore.

86. Omalicha

January 18, 2014 at 5:15 am

I dont get the unnecessary drama. If these two wanted to have a quiet wedding, they could have without the dramatic breakup stunt. Naija media never mature reach to dey dig up coded moves abeg. Naija media is limited to what u put out there on ur instagram/twitter and the bits u sent to bloggers.

• GOLDIE

January 18, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Oh my gosh exactly, I’m puzzled I do not get it. Unless
      there is antoher reason I don’t see why they had to pull this? I
      get wanting to have something quiet but they are hardly the biggest
      celebs in 9ija so why the fuss? Anyway….

87. love

January 18, 2014 at 5:43 am

A marriage by 2 people that have spurned each other publicly, congrats.
    Don’t bring out kobo for each other and please keep your sh*t to yourselves

88. Onnari

January 18, 2014 at 5:45 am

Congrats toke!
    blogsvila.blogspot.com

89. Stephanie

January 18, 2014 at 5:48 am

Toke,Toke,Toke, nice one! Congrats dearie
    blogsvila.blogspot.com

90. Sopono

January 18, 2014 at 5:53 am

Congrats! They can leave you alone now. Nigerian women can let you be now

91. Lizzie

January 18, 2014 at 6:08 am

For this one brand me a hater all you like but i don’t care. there is nothing to be excited about here. i have met her a couple of times and she comes across as sweet but signing your life away to someone who left you hanging at the registry? Some one who has never really treated you with much respect? mbanu, it’s not a do or die affair.
    We clap for sham and come out with our judgement guns blazing when the poop hits the fan.

• Chic

January 18, 2014 at 1:34 pm

You have spoken my mind. Let’s wait and see sha!

• She formerly known as Knut

January 19, 2014 at 12:07 am

Lizzie, I have a question for you….. Where you at the
      registry where she was left hanging? All this ‘dem say, dem
      say’….. And before anyone asks, I do not know Toke Makinwa from
      anywhere. I dont even know anyone that knows here personally,
      especially the folks who claim she bleached. No one has been able
      to produce a pic of the babe when she was supposedly dark. Haba, we
      took group picture in primary and secondary school na. Anyway,
      enough of the digression, Toke has made her choice. She is happy
      and I am happy for her!

• She formerly known as Knut

January 19, 2014 at 12:07 am

*Were* you at the registry….

92. AA

January 18, 2014 at 7:42 am

Venita!! Where you dey na?

93. Great Portland Street

January 18, 2014 at 7:56 am

All them interviews with newspapers, majes interview with interview, dramas etc was all a publicity stunt o. Heard she even unfollowed him on twitter and vice versa. I saw these two at silverbird a while ago cuddling up at silverbird o. Even peops spotted them at events. Mehn they planned it well well o lol. Congrats to them Shaa!

94. Great Portland Street

January 18, 2014 at 7:57 am

Majes interview with newspaper

95. no heart to hate

January 18, 2014 at 8:14 am

hmmmm. congrats

96. Modella

January 18, 2014 at 8:16 am

Lol @ BN exclusive scoop…I have never care about these two before,and am in the least to be bother..When I saw the wedding gown,my mind quickly went to that gown…That my dream wedding gown,wonder how much it cost thou..

• kilipot

January 18, 2014 at 9:37 am

Me too… i probably will get someone to make it for
      me.

• GOLDIE

January 18, 2014 at 8:25 pm

I must say I do love the dress….would I wear it? probably not but its lovely
      lailasblog.com/2014/01/toke-makinwa-maje-ayida-wedding-pictures.html#more

97. Bebe

January 18, 2014 at 8:43 am

Congrats toke !!!!!!!! people go still talk wetin i no know sha

98. Mrs Diamond

January 18, 2014 at 8:47 am

Hmmm marriage is not off and on oh!..however HML NO hate no
    Love..#lipsealed

99. D'Mamma

January 18, 2014 at 9:39 am

Congrats Toke! Let da haters rest small

100. Stella Kashmoney

January 18, 2014 at 10:11 am

At last. Congrats Toke.

101. dobz

January 18, 2014 at 12:42 pm

Call me hater, but there’s something to desperate about
    this chic. Too desperate for fame, marriage, beauty etc. I don’t
    find their breakup scam/drama entertaining. But this is their
    reality and no matter what anyone thinks of the person or people
    involved, u always want a marriage work. And I pray theirs work,
    all d best Mr and Mrs Ayida

• me

January 18, 2014 at 4:33 pm

it wasnt to entertain you, face your own marriage and mind
      your own business, stp living vicariously through others

102. Chic

January 18, 2014 at 1:33 pm

I am gonna be a Debbie Downer and call this a pity marriage
    as much as I want to be happy for her I can’t. A man strings you
    along for 12 years you basically coax him into an engagement, you
    arrange a registry wedding he doesn’t turn up you both go through a
    publicity break up deception stunt then this. I actually feel sorry
    for her but anyway who am I to carry person matter on top of my
    head all the best to the two of them. Now she will feel compelled
    to make it work by fire by force just to prove the public wrong
    instead of making it work for all the right reasons. I am
    out!

• Nike

January 18, 2014 at 4:12 pm

“Now she will feel compelled
      to make it work by fire by force just to prove the public wrong
      instead of making it work for all the right reasons.”

This is silly. Who cares WHY you make it work, as long as it works? It’s like saying if you strive to be successful at work, it’s wrong if you are doing it for a bigger pay raise, instead of a passion for the job. Story..story.

Whatever Toke’s motivations to make the marriage work, as long as she succeeds, then she and Maje are doing right by their vows. Something tells me you are not married, if not you would know that the crux of the wedding vows are to stand strong in your commitment made under the eyes of God for better or for worse.

• Chic

January 18, 2014 at 7:18 pm

And my marital status is none of your business but what I
      learned from my mother was that marriage is a wonderful institution
      but it is not a do or die affair if things are not working out and
      you have tried everything possible to make it work and there is no
      longer any love between the two of you then it is also okay to let
      go. She taught me that my happiness and peace of mind was
      importantly first and foremost before any “MRS” title this coming
      from a woman who has been and is still married for close to 37
      years now.

• me

January 18, 2014 at 4:32 pm

you were at the registry abi? you were there to witness
      that he dint turn up #dont believe everything you read my
      dear…

• Chic

January 18, 2014 at 7:08 pm

@Me the reports from the FIRST registry no show were from
      her own friends who were there with her and had lots of insider
      information only a close friend or relative can have or frenemies
      if you like. @Nike that statement was made in the context in which
      Toke has been playing the “break up” stunt to the media and I stand
      by my thoughts that she will now feel compelled to make it work so
      as not to look stupid and not have people say “we told you so”.
      This registry marriage was allegedly emphasis on allegedly (I was
      not there I do not know if this is true but what I know is there is
      no smoke without fire) held with conditions now if those reports
      are to be believed what a way to start a marriage.

103. Priscykuul

January 18, 2014 at 1:54 pm

At last indeed…Hml Toke. Enjoy your marriage and keep
    things private. We no wan hear una Tory again.

104. Beeorlah

January 18, 2014 at 2:31 pm

Congrats Toke!

105. Timma

January 18, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Congrats Toke,God bless or union

106. chick

January 18, 2014 at 4:50 pm

seriously dnt undastand y two grown adult will still be behaving lyk kids.y did they hv to do d public break up jst to fool pple.if they dnt want pple in their business then they shld stop trying to be wanna be celebrity.I jst feel sorry 4 both of dem especially toke.I can’t imagine d nonsense she has to put up wit jst to be mrs somebody.well I don talk my mind anybody wey e pain mk him hug transformer.

107. Oyin

January 18, 2014 at 5:03 pm

Call me a hater but I don’t want to be part if this NEW
    trend of as long as I get the ring. 12yrs of dating, 3
    babymamas(Annie Idibia), breakup publicity, etc I will continue to
    be old school where men married out of respect and the woman earned
    it.

108. slice

January 18, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Congratulations toke and maje. I pray the blessings of
    marrigae will be urs forever

109. www.LapesBeautifulCreature.blogspot.com

January 18, 2014 at 7:21 pm

Very discrete. Congrats to her

110. Fabulicious

January 18, 2014 at 8:28 pm

Omo see plenty comments..I have nothing to say other than I
    troway salute for the babe.Happy married life jare.I like your
    style.

111. shanana

January 19, 2014 at 1:21 am

Smh…marry at all costs. It doesn’t matter how he treats you so long as you become ‘mrs. Bubblehead’..I don’t know how we got here and I’m even more worried about the message we’re sending to the younger generation. Women where’s our self worth? We are jewels no matter what we’ve been through and we should never forget this. Like someone said, marriage is a a beginning and not an end. It’s a start of a journey you’d rather go with a friend that values you and respects you. Anything less would be selling yourself short and setting yourself up for a really strenous marriage experience. Divorce is so common place these days. I really pray I’m wrong about this couple. She deserves to be happy simply because she’s a woman like me.

112. Onye

January 19, 2014 at 2:08 am

Congrats guys! Toke played it well. Don’t be chasing girls. Be chased. If your man is doing momo, leave his a$$ and move on. If he loves you, you’ll see how he’ll come running. Trust me, I’m talking from experience.

113. Sasha

January 19, 2014 at 10:11 am

Good on her 🙂

Therealafricanhousewifehomeandaway.WordPress.com

114. ego

January 19, 2014 at 12:02 pm

12 Years a girlfriend…now a wife 🙂

• Ewa

January 20, 2014 at 9:40 am

lol.. choi

115. zero

January 19, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Abeg eeeee dem be Kpako celebs wey just popular by chance. Dem no get money reach 2 arrange big wedding like d real money making celebs. Toke go just broke if dem do real wedding with plenty guests and she for no get money buy flash stuff again. I know say na dat one she go rather keep intact. Maje, dat one still dey hustle..both popular but no money 4 pocket..next thing, she go find english 2 justify d act..just save it..u no reach..in terms of d benjamins men…Only mouth..Kpako pple.

116. hot momma of 2 bambinos

January 19, 2014 at 7:11 pm

Wow ! I just love this girl. She can do no wrong. Congratulations @tokstarr you know. your man. Keep loving him

117. Missy

January 19, 2014 at 10:16 pm

Toke Toke, you pulled a fast one on us…dint see that one coming. All the best to you both!

118. YEYEAREWA

January 20, 2014 at 9:01 am

lmfao! i knew this was gonna get alot of comments! well.. seems like Mr Ayida couldnt lose the “love of his life” Some times as women, we have to put our foot down and ‘require’ the man 2 put a ring on it. But 4 some odd reason, i feel Toke didnt want a private wedding! she looks like d type 2 want d va va voom type #MyOpinion

119. K

January 20, 2014 at 9:48 am

And after all was said and done…. lol! Congrats guys

120. amarachi

January 20, 2014 at 10:41 am

wow congrats

121. amarachi

January 20, 2014 at 10:42 am

wow congrats n I wsh u all bst HML

122. Deep Soul

January 20, 2014 at 11:05 am

Soooooooo freaking what if they couldn’t afford to have a big wedding?
    Since when did that become a crime?
    Soooooooo freaking what if they lied about their break-up?
    Soooooooo freaking what if it’s a publicity stunt?
    Some of the oyibo celebrities ya’ll worship do these pub stunts all the time and nobody really complains.

There was a time I didn’t like this Toke but after watching a couple of her blogs, I just had to like her. Not because she said the smartest things or anything like that. But just because of her crazy humour and sarcasm which a lot of people are too dense to understand.

Happy Married life Toke!!!!

123. Temmy

January 20, 2014 at 11:05 am

HML Toke

124. uju

January 20, 2014 at 1:44 pm

she was stood up at the registry????…na wa oo…i really dont want to believe the breakup was a publicity stunt. lots of things i really want to say buh then one cant really understand the thing between a man and a woman…i really wish you God’s grace and good success with this journey you’ve embarked upon..

125. Rossy Petite

January 20, 2014 at 2:18 pm

*heaves a big Sigh* at least we can have some breath of fresh air! just kidding o…HML Toke and Maje

126. Tokunbo

January 20, 2014 at 4:38 pm

@blossom Toke i hear she’s an orphan o. so maybe that’s why.

@newbie me sef taya which exclusive scoop when LIB published it already. lol

i don’t know if congratulations are in order. For a guy who left her at the registry haaa thats bad o. I was there that day with my friend and i won’t lie the tatafo was heavy at Ikoyi registry. These days the prayer is hope it lasts…so Toke dear all the best hope its lasts.

127. quuen B

January 20, 2014 at 4:41 pm

Deep Soul,ah say that again a thousand times,bella u best invent a like button this 2014 oo.The race is not for swift neither is it to the wisest,so those of u who are too wise in ur shoes passing judgement beware.God bless you Toke a million times and may he make ur union shine ever brighter.

128. THE whole TRUTH

January 21, 2014 at 12:37 pm

The break-up was not a public stunt. The humiliation she received that day at the registry made have to broke-up with him. He likes her for whom she is but not ready to commit. He has been pleading with Toke to reconsider their relationship and the condition Toke gave was “commit or no relationship between us again”. In order not to lose her he agreed and Toke wised up by going for a registry marriage no time to waste cos he might change his mind. Toke would have prefer a society wedding even if she cannot afford it, she has a wide range of money bag friends (eg. Tiwa, Psquare, etc) who can support her financially but she rather settle for a registry and as a result of the limited time could not invite friends or maybe she was trying to avoid be embarrassed again. I prayed the marriage work. Happy married life TOKE

• Truetalk

January 21, 2014 at 9:45 pm

With friends like you, assuming your post contains the truth which you must have gotten by virtue of friendship to either, who needs enemies? I never ever, irrespective of what is at stake, divulge personal scoop i was entrusted with. If you really wish her well, you should desist from putting her business, good or bad, out in the public domain.