Weddings

Gabrielle Union & Dwyane Wade are MARRIED! First Pics from #TheWadeUnion

BellaNaija.com

dwyane wade gabrielle union wedding bellanaija weddingsCongrats to “Being Mary Jane” star actress Gabrielle Union and NBA Superstar Dwyane Wade. The couple tied the knot on Saturday August 30 2014 at the Chateau Artisan in Miami.

The couple who have been together for several years were surrounded by friends and family as they said “I Do” at the glamorous moated castle. The ceremony was officiated by actress Essence Atkins and her husband Jamie Mendez.

The bride wore a beautiful ballgown by Dennis Basso for Kleinfeld while the groom wore a custom suit by DSquared2 with a bow-tie from his line with The Tie Bar.

Music superstar John Legend serenaded the couple and their guests while they sipped on wine from the bride’s Vanilla Puddin’ Chardonnay line.

Wade Union 2Wade Union 1Gab Union WadeWade Union 3The Wade Union BellaNaijaWade Union 4
Celebrity Guests
Female guests in white and male guests in black with a special bow tie at the request of the couple.

Carmelo & Lala Anthony

Adrienne & Chris Bosh

Adrienne & Chris Bosh

The Bow Tie for Male Guests
Gabrielle Union Dwayne Wade Wedding 2 BellaNaija

Sketch of the Wedding Dresses
Gabrielle Union Wedding Dress Dennis Basso BellaNaijagabrielle-dress-600x800

The Pre-Wedding Dinner Party (The Night Before)
Gabrielle Union Dwayne Wade Wedding PreWeding Dinner 3 BellaNaijaGabrielle Union Dwayne Wade Wedding PreWeding Dinner 5 BellaNaijaGabrielle Union Dwayne Wade Wedding PreWeding Dinner 1 BellaNaijaGabrielle Union Dwayne Wade Wedding PreWeding Dinner 4 BellaNaija

The Wedding Venue
ChateauChateau2

Photo Credit: Instagram

1. H

August 31, 2014 at 6:36 am

Adrienne and Chris bosh sha, one in town couple

• Nahum

September 1, 2014 at 1:26 pm

I had the same comment!! I swear!!

2. frankliet

August 31, 2014 at 6:54 am

I just love me some Gabrielle U. The girl is so cute. Happy for them.

3. Dee

August 31, 2014 at 7:16 am

That venue is the deal!

4. Beeee

August 31, 2014 at 7:19 am

All I see is her beautiful smile…….she’s is so beautiful. Congrats to the couple 🙂

5. mimi

August 31, 2014 at 7:24 am

How u get em is how u loose em
    always remember that

• Nahum

September 1, 2014 at 1:27 pm

She has been elevated to wife status now…..now she will understand the pains of a wife.

• chi-e-z

September 5, 2014 at 11:54 pm

Bump that…Dwayne’s ex was a B*tch Gold Digger. I still wish she had her kids but they are boys and they need their father trust growing up with a fatherless dad and dating a man who had a father you can tell the difference. I was feeling sorry for that woman till I heard how she was lamenting for not getting money after Dwayne got custody. Woman is a disgrace to female hood.

• ma pousuivboisanbout

December 31, 2014 at 10:26 pm

Some woman are very jealous of other black woman . I bet if she was a white woman you would have not said that. Shame on you!

6. Homophobic

August 31, 2014 at 7:31 am

Errrrmm!! Chris Boch #tall much# where are the celebrities nah! Hml Gabe..

7. Adesile

August 31, 2014 at 8:02 am

Chris Bosh n her wife tho

8. bruno

August 31, 2014 at 8:04 am

All the successful black men with their light skin girlfriends.

• T-GLORY

August 31, 2014 at 7:28 pm

……..and they say “whitenicious”” no go sell

• Nahum

September 1, 2014 at 1:28 pm

LMAOO!!! You craze. But seriously though, black guys all over the world are the reason whitenicious will sell like crazy. They have colour issues

• LILO

August 31, 2014 at 8:34 pm

Lmao…you notice too. Lol

9. mulikat

August 31, 2014 at 8:22 am

Congratulation, 12 yrs didffrent,Gabi she is 42yr and wade is 30yrs,if is in Nigeria,they will being saying he marry is mother,because is only in nigeria 7 to 12yr be their mother,we are backward,this word call Love and marriage.u can chioce for someone or force to do so,that person will remain unhappy and will cheat,cos he or she is not in love,cos of tribe ,religion or parent said so,you go and marry. marriage must base on 2 people in love, and it got nothing to do with age,race,colour,religion,tribe and class,all about 2 madly in Love,more over women look younger than men nowadays,can you said she is 42yrs.

• Author Unknown

August 31, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Oga O Mulikat. You’re right sha, but the age difference thing tends to catch up at some point, especially when it’s the woman who’s significantly older.

• ma pousuivboisanbout

December 31, 2014 at 10:30 pm

Age does not matter. God tested their love. True love conquer all.

• Anon

August 31, 2014 at 4:38 pm

10 years actually. He’s 32 and she’s 42 later this year.

• i no send

August 31, 2014 at 7:54 pm

mulika baby….. take it easy thats all i can say…and yes 10 yrs may be a lot in the long run not at present time

• O

August 31, 2014 at 10:15 pm

It doesn’t have anything to do with backwardness. She takes care of herself and that’s why it works. They look like mates. If she looked older people would call her out for being his mum.

10. BlueEyed

August 31, 2014 at 8:30 am

Finally, this wedding happened….HML to the couple
    N.B: so in one article on BN of what wedding guests should wear to a wedding, white was said to be a taboo. I emphasized that more and more brides are opting for That Classic white and black look for their wedding guests or bridal party, so it’s safe to say the “don’t steal the brides’ thunder” rule does not entirely include not wearing white.

• Nahum

September 1, 2014 at 1:31 pm

Yes you are right, but why dont you leave it up to the BRIDE to determine whether or not she is cool with you wearing white to her wedding. If not, you WILL be stealing her thunder

11. Anon

August 31, 2014 at 8:38 am

Finally!

12. wisest duchess

August 31, 2014 at 9:20 am

OMG!! I love love love Gabrielle. Wish her a long married life devoid of hollywood drama☺

13. Lindsey

August 31, 2014 at 9:21 am

Congrats Dwayne and Gabrielle. I know the struggle to snag this ring has been real for Gabby but oh well. Now on to these fine arse black men…like what in the woot woot? I just love how most of the men tower over their women despite the stilettos…now that’s how I love my man tall, dark and foine. Stay strong Kevin hart. This is a baller’s wedding and you must feel out of place all looking like the ring bearer.

The caramel complexioned girl next to Mia Wright is all kinds of gorgeous.

14. Abena

August 31, 2014 at 9:25 am

hml

15. j4judith

August 31, 2014 at 10:09 am

Finally The #wadeunion. Congrats. I wish them a long a happy marriage

16. Ololajulo

August 31, 2014 at 10:27 am

You only live once, I hope their fairy tale ends happily ever after, best wishes.

17. Fashionista

August 31, 2014 at 11:13 am

This is very interesting – the dress code was obviously black for Gents and “white” for the ladies and I gotta say, it actually looks very nice, especially the ladies!

18. nene

August 31, 2014 at 12:21 pm

hope to look as good as gabrielle union and sanaa lathan when i’m in my 40s. she looks amazing. she’s lost youth in her eyes, which is always obvious as we age, but she looks very young.

• baboushka

August 31, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Drink plenty of water daily eat more fruit and veggies, the only chemical laden stuff that should go on your face is makeup everything else should be 100 percent natural from face wash to moisturizer to toners and scrubs I look five years younger thanks to my facial regimen and diet.

• sooo

August 31, 2014 at 5:14 pm

Would you mind detailing your 100% natural prouducts from face wash to moisturizer please? I’ ve been trying to change my facial regimen to the one you suggest…Thanks in advance for you help

• baboushka

August 31, 2014 at 6:46 pm

Sure @Soo I have an oily face so I wash with diluted raw African black soap (dudu osun) once daily usually in the evenings after I have taken off my makeup; just take a bit of the soap and dilute in some water and store in a bottle ,
      – I use equal parts white vinegar and bottled water as a toner. Alternatives are witch hazel or rosewater make sure it has pure with no additives
      – I use coconut oil as a moisturizer a very tiny bit is needed like a pea sized drop it makes my face very soft. I usually leave it on for a minute or two to make sure my skin has fully absorbed it before applying make up. Raw shea butter is good too
      – Then i apply my primer and makeup
      – I remove my eye makeup using any natural oil like coconut, olive etc and cotton wool and then wash with ABS at night
      – Because i wash with soap at night all i do in the morning is rinse my face with cold water too much soap drys out your face.
      – My face scrub recipes consist of coarse corn meal and honey or coarse cornmeal and or natural (greek) yoghurt mixed together
      – My face masks which I use three times weekly are egg white, avocado, banana, papaya, tomato and bentonite clay. The fruits depend on what I have in the house at the time for the tomato just cut a slice and rub it on your face leave for 20=30 minutes and rinse it will clear any impurities and control shiny oily faces, the egg white apply on your face just a teaspoon is needed and leave on for 20-30 minutes until hard and rinse it will tighten your pores and delay onset of wrinkles, the bentonite clay I mix with water and use as a clay mask it draws impurities clears pores and tightens and tones your face, the fruits i simply mash a small bit apply and leave on for 20-30 minutes Google the benefits for face of each product a great spice to add to the fruit and egg mixes is turmeric it is antimicrobial and also gives you a nice glow. In a week I use a clay mask once, an egg mask once and a fruit mask once and I also steam my face once a week using hot water in a deep bucket or bowl I just cover my head with a towel you have to be very careful with this method tho to avoid hot water scalding.

A simple homemade facial would go something like this:
      Lemon water cleanser (lemon juice diluted in water)
      Cornmeal and honey scrub
      Rinse
      Hot water over bucket steam
      Homemade face mask (egg or banana or bentonite clay)
      rinse
      Rosewater toner pat dry
      coconut oil moisturizer

Your diet is also very important because your skin responds to what goes into your body so if you don’t drink enough water your skin will be dehydrated and it will show.

This website it’s Indian I believe has tons of recipes for natural DIY hair and face remedies
      stylecraze.com/articles/amazing-benefits-and-uses-of-using-banana-for-skin-and-hair/?ref=popularsidebar

• Hurperyeahmie

September 1, 2014 at 10:56 am

what about someone with eczema any treatment suggestions?

19. Ephi

August 31, 2014 at 12:59 pm

That’s one heck of a wedding venue! Nice

20. kebye

August 31, 2014 at 1:07 pm

Smh… Gab & the drama she is marrying into.. and Ludicras and baby mama drama too..
    I guess people just love weddings… sigh!

21. Almost A Bride

August 31, 2014 at 1:35 pm

Yay!! Congrats beautiful people, i wish you a peaceful marriage.

Meanwhile, i’m almost a bride too. Read my diary for more info thediaryofayoungblackwoman.blogspot.com

22. Wale

August 31, 2014 at 2:24 pm

Beautiful natural dark skinned girl with the famous dimples. Very nice!

23. el patron

August 31, 2014 at 2:48 pm

Hope – was wise enough to sign a prenuptial agreement..to avoid story that touch

24. baboushka

August 31, 2014 at 3:30 pm

Carmelo where your socks at? Looking Nigerian lol! Please how do Adrienne and Chris Bosch “do it” that height difference na wah o!!!! Happy married life Gabby! Dwayne you is married now keep it zipped up! Gabby if you can’t deal divorce dey for a reason at least you can now say I was once married too since you wanted this marriage thing sooooo bad

• Anon

August 31, 2014 at 4:41 pm

With those shoes and the way his trousers are tapered, you don’t need socks.

Wife on top. His wife is a ride or die Madam.

25. ada

August 31, 2014 at 3:31 pm

happy married life to the newly wed couples,

26. baboushka

August 31, 2014 at 3:35 pm

Snap!!! This wedding venue was featured on HGTVs Castles or something like that show I remember watching it a while back and the homeowner at the time was selling it for very big money!

27. Marie Antoinette

August 31, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Lovely couple, gorgeous guests. Congrats to the couple!

28. Fume

August 31, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Happy married life to them

29. Onye

August 31, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Imagine marrying someone that cheated on you even before you got married…sips tea and runs away

30. Onye

August 31, 2014 at 5:34 pm

Eudoxie left medical school to follow her boyfriend (Ludacris) around. The result was he cheated on her and had a baby during their “break”.

Gabrielle Union befriended her husband’s ex wife so that she can run off with the man. He cheated on her and had a baby o! Now he’s marrying her so that he looks good.

#desperationisrealo! #sipsteaandrunsoff

31. nyinyes

August 31, 2014 at 5:56 pm

She doesn’t look 42. Plastic surgery things.

32. Gistyinka Blog

August 31, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Congrats to Wade and Union.

33. aderonke

August 31, 2014 at 7:24 pm

@ BABOUSHKA, can u please share your all natural products with the rest of us? thanks.

• baboushka

August 31, 2014 at 8:48 pm

Sweetie I did about 30 minutes before you commented but it says my comment is still under moderation..;

34. omalichaspeaks.blogspot.com

August 31, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Yaayyyyy! One of my favorite celebrity couple. Love rules.

35. sum1special

September 1, 2014 at 8:44 am

Congrats to the couple,they look cute together.

36. Latina

September 1, 2014 at 9:04 am

This is lovely………

37. Fashionbabe

September 1, 2014 at 9:48 am

Congrats Girl!

38. baboushka

September 1, 2014 at 1:30 pm

@Hurperyeahmie no idea hun you may want to check with a dermatologist for that…

39. zaraflychic

September 1, 2014 at 1:32 pm

OMG! Adrienne and Chris bosh are such CUTIE couple……#sexyheightdifference#…i loooooooooove em silly! HML sweetie @Gabrielle U and hubby…..keep smiling,loving and living it up.

40. oghenekaro

September 1, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Baboushka,please does the dudu osun not dry you out?….cos i used it a few months back,and it dried my face and made it look patchy,red and sore.Then i switched to the raw black soap,and its been manageable eversince especially since i started using palm kernel oil as moisturiser.But i must say,it’s still a bit drying.I heard there are other version of ABS(others like African Shea Moisture).If you could help me please.I’m a guy and i love it natural anything that goes into my skin…..I live in Ughelli Delta State,….i dont know if i can get the African Shea Moisture there.Thanks in advance.

41. Grown Woman

September 2, 2014 at 9:56 am

HML to them.Baboushka thanx for the beauty tips i have an oily skin to.I have been using Moringa soap and enact cream all natural products.I use tumeric once a week very helpful to

42. Felinda

September 2, 2014 at 4:03 pm

baboushka can i say something to you.
    I truly love you for all these tips
    Please Bella hire her so she can be a regular and give tips on here for skin care.
    Maybe that will stop yall from the lazy blogger copy and paste from other american blogs on skin care.

43. ma pousuivboisanbout

December 31, 2014 at 10:49 pm

some women never want other women to be happy. This comment is for the bad talkers. .You know who you are..