Sweet Spot

‘It Wasn’t an Easy Stroll Sleeping on the Bridges of Lagos, but It’s a New Turn Now’, Celebrity Stylist Ifan Reflects on the Past Year

Ifan Ifeanyi MichaelFor a lot of people, the end of the year is a time to deeply reflect on how far they have come and what the new year will hold for them.

A few days ago Waje took to Instagram to share her reflection on 2014 (click here if you missed it) and now celebrity stylist Ifan Ifeanyi Michael is not only reflecting on 2014 but how far he has come as a person.

He took to his Instagram account to share these words:

‘How time flies some people don’t know the story they only see the glory.with so much tears filled my eyes as I type this, remembering that night when I joined an attachment bus from Port harcourt without the help of my family at the age of 10, to Lagos just to find greener pastures.it wasn’t an easy stroll,sleeping on the bridges of Lagos but but its a new turn now.I will not end my year without thanking this amazing people who God use to encourage me and also for bringing out the potential in me through my work…..’

Have you had time to reflect on the past year? What are you thankful for?

Photo Credit: Instagram

1. BounceVilla Blog

December 25, 2014 at 7:12 pm

God bless him.

2. Jerry

December 25, 2014 at 7:32 pm

Why the lies on Xmas day for a BN post? He never slept under any bridges but rather, squatted in a lot of houses with people he claimed to be friends. So Ifan, your story is no different from the regular hustling kid out there.
    And someone ask him to use deodorant once in a while,

• SallySays

December 25, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Like he rightly mentioned most people dont know the full STORY thry just see the GLORY, keep your speculation to yourself and let him live! I dont know him so dont even go down that route, I am just a positive realist, its not a grand posh story that one would say oh shut you show off or attention seeker, its a disgraceful past he has overcome by zgods power and not he can share it and be Thankful.

• signature

December 26, 2014 at 10:44 am

Really??!! Did u have to??

• Chioma

December 25, 2014 at 9:05 pm

Mr Jerry, I have known Ifan from way way back and I can bodly say he went through a lot of this and even more that I wouldn’t speak about here…. …. Even though we haven’t spoken in a while because I relocated to the states, i have seen his sucess from over here and I feel this is very brave thing to do.. I can boldly say I am proud of him and he deserves every success he has gotten so far, so mr Jerry Pls shut tha f up.

• Passing by

December 26, 2014 at 8:46 am

Swanky Jerry is that you?
      LOL!

• kemi

December 27, 2014 at 10:20 am

Jerry really??? Did u have to. Either ways its a past that he is glad to be over. Dont call people out like that. So uncool.

3. Nicholas

December 25, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Thank God for your life…Destiny can be delayed but can never change

4. Banjo

December 25, 2014 at 9:41 pm

Stories like this should heal depression and kill suicidal thoughts. 2yrs after nysc, no job. Simply have a deep thought and don’t repeat same failure tactics that never land you a job. Re-strategize, it might be starting a little trade.

• Pat

December 26, 2014 at 5:38 pm

@ Banjo, I agree with u. Also, I have a few friends after completing their undergrad didn’t find a job they pursued a Masters degree hoping it will land them a job. Still they didn’t find a job. Like u said re-strategizing is important.

5. umoh Linda

December 25, 2014 at 10:55 pm

omg! i’m so touched n humbled by dis, Indeed God has been faithful..

6. JohnM

December 26, 2014 at 11:45 am

This is wat we need, it heals d soul,makes people who are suicidal have a rethink, puts smiles on some ones face whose struggling to make a meaning out of his/her life, gives dem reason to keep hoping,having faith,praying,believing and trusting in God for a breakthrough and miracle and not all these pictures of people……… *takes a deep breath*. Let me just stop here. There is God

7. balqees

December 30, 2014 at 10:57 am

this is my first time ever I will put down comment on this blog and its all because of this jerry guy…..mr jerry tell me squatting with friends and sleeping on bridges which one is better? have u ever lived with people before? do u know how hard and humiliating it can be when you are squatting especially when u don’t have a means of livelihood? stop the BEEF

8. MillzSam

January 5, 2015 at 10:55 am

Hmmmmmm……… The Lord will always be your strenght; Nyc one bro, kip up d good work!!