Music

‘Aye’, ‘Dorobucci’, ‘Johnny’ & More! Find Out the Top 100 Songs Played in Nigeria for 2014

BellaNaija.com

1Media analytics company, Playspread, captured and analyzed the top songs that were played on Nigeria’s airwaves in 2014.

According to Playspread, they only chose Nigerian songs that had a play count above 1000 on both TV stations and radio stations for at least three-quarters of the 201 stations they monitor across 6 geo-political zones.

Most of the songs were released in year 2014 except for some few exceptional ones in the previous year. The list is occupied by 63 artists with Olamide having the highest number of songs on the list; 6 of them

8 songs enjoyed play count of more than 10,000, although 5 of those songs (released 2013) had extended shelf lives into 2014.

Check out their info graphic below!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Photo Credit: Playspread

1. South Central LA

January 20, 2015 at 5:41 am

Why do I feel as though they pulled every song from my iPhone lol. If I hear my five year old niece sing Jaiye Jaiye or Johnny one more time.

• anon

January 20, 2015 at 7:10 am

You really are into being African!
      Learning the language, songs and I’m sure you know more about Nigerian culture than most Nigerians. Great job.
      Holla whenever you need further Hausa lessons.
      In other news, I’d like to see a dance video with most of the songs in red. Adanna & David take note!

• South Central LA

January 20, 2015 at 4:28 pm

Yes, that would be great thanks if your serious email me at [email protected]

2. Atl"s finest

January 20, 2015 at 6:13 am

Yeap! The red and Orange column are most listened to in the States at Nigerian/,African events. I don’t think there’s a wedding I attended in 2014, that didn’t Play Aye, Dorobucci, Johnny,surulere, African Princess, pullover ,etc. Kudos to all the Nigerian Artist because we they try.. Even other African Countries especially Cameroonians , play more Nigerian songs at their event.. But why is P-square &,Flavor ain’t on this list??? Or may I didn’t look properly

3. @edDREAMZ

January 20, 2015 at 7:59 am

a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said…
    Dope songs were produce last yr no doubt am expecting this yr to be bigger……
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

4. blow

January 20, 2015 at 10:40 am

Yes! Olamide yes!,,,,, I just love this guy’s music. Despite the fact that he sings in yoruba language, ,,,,, he still has the highest number of slots in the chart up there. I am a giant fan, and I so wanna meet him,,,,,,,**puppy face**

5. Will Warri IQ

January 20, 2015 at 11:42 am

The fact that they don’t have wizkid on the top 10,000 plays makes this compilation bogus! #OnTopYourMatter #Teamwizzy4life

6. Gistyinka Blog

January 20, 2015 at 11:46 am

Nice and well complied list of songs that makes many Nigerians to seek more from out various musicians.

7. chi-e-z

January 20, 2015 at 8:08 pm

still not one of this songs fit touch Omawunmi Lasso of Truth album or Asa’s Beautiful imperfection album those two are timeless classics. They make music not songs.