Style

BN Beauty: It’s a Moisturizer, Conditioner & More! Here are 5 Reasons Why Argan Oil is Great for Your Hair & Skin

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Argan Oil packs loads of benefits for hair and skin that everyone can benefit from!

The rare oil, popularly referred to ask ‘liquid gold’ is an organic product that is gotten from the Argan tree, native to Morocco; and has quite an interesting process of being made.

Apparently Morocco’s Mountain Goat called the Tamri Goat, loves the argan kernel and used to practically jump and climb the tree to get to this nut. So, farmers would go to the tree’s surroundings after the goats have been herded away and collect their droppings which contained the undigested seed. This is what they used to make the oil.

Although that story is cringe-worthy, that’s no longer how the seeds are collected.

So why would the farmers or anyone else for that matter go through all that to get those seeds? Well, the argan tree lives for about 150 – 200 years, and does not start producing fruits until it is 30 – 50 years. So when they do start, the rush for this rare product is quite demanding.

The argan nut is rich in loads of nutrients including fatty acids and vitamin E, making it a great cosmetic choice for beauty products.

So today, even if you can’t get the bottles of products that contain this ‘liquid gold’, here are a few ways you can use argan oil for the benefit of your hair & skin.

1. As hair conditioner
Naturalistas can attest to this. Argan oil helps make hair softer, easier to work through and shinier, while treating split ends and frizz.

Simply apply the oil to your hair while damp, work through the hair with a wide-toothed comb and style as usual. You will notice your hair appearing softer and more shiny. You can also apply it to the ends of your hair for split ends.

2. As an itchy scalp remedy
If you have a dry scalp, argan oil will do you a wealth of good. Apply some of the oil to a cotton ball and use that to rub your scalp through sections of your hair. It is best to apply this treatment at night so the oil can have enough time to work through your hair.

Because of its healing properties, the oil will help sooth and ease the scalp while moisturizing the scalp to take away flaking.

3. As a moisturizer for skin
Speaking of moisturizing, argan oil helps skin get softer and more even through its moisturizing properties. Because it is rich in vitamin E and fatty acids, the oil gives the skin a natural boost to help it look more radiant and healthier. It is also non-greasy and can be absorbed into the skin easily for a quicker effect.

4. To reduce fine lines & wrinkles
Argan oil is great for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, to give your skin a youthful and vibrant appearance. Its antioxidant characteristic is a great anti-ageing product that restores elasticity to the skin leaving them plump and soft. A great way to use the oil is to massage it into your face and neck at night.

5. To heal acne and pimples
This type of oil helps soothe the skin while giving you that nice polished look. It promotes the healing process with its high level of anti-oxidants, and because of its non-greasy nature, it provides a natural moisture.

Simply cleanse your face and then rub a few drops on the affected areas. Do this at least twice a day to help clear your acne and give you great skin.

***

Be sure to let us know what you use Argan Oil for.

Photo Credit: Dreamstime/PhotographerLondon

1. Merriama

March 26, 2015 at 5:08 pm

I like how all these oils claim to fight Acne and Pimples when they DONT!

The only two oils I’ll recommend for acne skin is Jojoba oil and Tea Tree Oil

• Tombra

March 26, 2015 at 11:15 pm

So true. Only Jojoba Oil and Tea Tree Oil for my face. I love Tea Tree Oil, so wonderful for acne and razor burns, even soothes the scalp. Jojoba Oil too, I however like the clear Jojoba Oil; it’s hypoallergenic. These are the only two oils I can use on my face. Argan Oil is good though, inflammation, hair, keeping the skin glowing, not just sure about acne.

• Sh

March 27, 2015 at 1:30 pm

Merriama, you’re quite right. However, Lemon Oil and Lemongrass Oil are good for acne. Peppermint Oil is also good for pimples, really helped my cousin.

• Mayowa

March 27, 2015 at 1:40 pm

I mean, I don’t use Argan Oil for my face so I can’t agree or disagree with you. I’d say this though, I use it for my hair, and being a naturalista, it’s wonderful. My hair is usually frizzy, Argan Oil alongside Avocado Oil has somehow helped tame the annoying frizz. My scalp is usually itchy, it has helped soothe it a little. I agree with the person who said it helps with fine lines, that true, it reduces the visibility. Even stretch marks, it might not take it off completely (I mean, no cream or oil takes off stretch marks completely), but it sure reduces the visibility. It’s really good for the skin. Some of these oils have different purposes and you’ve got to find out which works for you.

2. Neo

March 26, 2015 at 6:51 pm

I can testify to Argan oil reducing the appearance of fine lines and minimising pores on my face, the effects on my hair though are not extraordinary as i get the same results with olive oil and coconut oil.

3. udeme

March 26, 2015 at 8:41 pm

Bert its outrageously expensive!

4. tunmi

March 26, 2015 at 9:46 pm

So there has been a post on coconut oil, the ones our grandmothers make or know how to make? I really need to call mine up and get her recipe

5. tcee

March 27, 2015 at 11:29 am

Where can one getcit and for how much?

• Sh

March 27, 2015 at 1:27 pm

I think you can get it on Jumia.com.ng, I saw it there once while shopping for shoes.

6. funtizzy

April 9, 2015 at 10:09 pm

i need to try it 2, i was going to use coconut oil, but i would use both. coconut oil in the morning and argon oil @ nite

7. Michael P

April 21, 2015 at 8:38 am

Usually, I use coconut oil as well as hair and skin to skin, as well as mixed as the base for a cream with myself. Thanks for your article made me have more knowledge. For those who have problems with acne for use. Type of fuel I suggest you use 3 Ophiuchus the morning wash your face first, then add the oil. Wash your face with cleanser noon, then add the oil. This will make your skin. And no blemishes caused by oil.