Sweet Spot

Tyra Banks reveals “traumatic” Struggle to become a Mum via IVF

BellaNaija.com

Tyra Banks FAB Life
We can always count on Tyra Banks to keep it real!
The model turned media mogul who is presently promoting her innovative new talk show “Tyra presents FABLife” has revealed her infertility struggles.

Tyra revealed to People Magazine;

“Since I was 24, I used to say every year, ‘I will have kids in three years,’ ” she says. “I kept saying it over and over again. Because my business is very entrepreneurial. I’m not for hire, so I have to do everything. I kept trying to find that time for that to happen.”

Tyra with boyfriend Erik Asla

Tyra with boyfriend Erik Asla

Tyra who is 41 and has been in a serious relationship with photographer Erik Asla for 2 years, tearfully reveals that she has undergone IVF procedures in hopes of conceiving.

“I’ve had some not happy moments with that, very traumatic moments,” she says. “It’s difficult as you get older. It’s not something that can just happen.”

However, Tyra still hopes for a large family!

“I hope [for kids], she says. “I don’t just want one child. I want a litter! And I want to be the kind of mom where my child can come to me for anything.”

Read more on People.

Great to see Tyra sharing her struggle, sure lots of women can relate. Wishing her all the best!

1. hmm

September 17, 2015 at 9:59 am

Keep the faith Tyra.

2. meserami

September 17, 2015 at 11:48 am

God will make a way dear,
    But this is also a lesson of how powerful our tongue is that some of us lack knowledge of,
    Always say positive things to yourself.

3. Saburi Sanuth

September 17, 2015 at 2:28 pm

Tyra, I’ve been watching and loving your shows for the past 18yrs. I am sure people are praying for you, just have and keep your faith. Before stepping out of bed in the morning say these aloud. Yah Allah five times. Mighty God will hear your cries.

4. phoenixceleste

September 17, 2015 at 2:41 pm

All things are possible with God,just hold on gal.

5. Honest Guy

September 17, 2015 at 5:16 pm

I don’t know why she is crying…. Mehn I meet alot of Ladies like that here in Yankee…. 30+ years old working on successful careers 10+ years. No thought of making a family until they wake up single childless complaining…. Me ohhh I’m not like these other guys, trying to scare women into housewives and mothers like the male comments in that Charly boy article. I let women do as they please. You can’t cheat mother nature. Do what ever you like, I will still have my fun and settle down when the time is right with the right woman!

I was dealing with a Lady who TOLD me she did not want kids or anything serious only to focus on her career just to “hook up”, I was like JACKPOT!! but after a while she saw me as future “Husband Material” talking about children, wedding colors n rubbish.
    I was like “hol up hol up just gerrout of here mehn shet mehn”. LOL she probably Hates me now! I told her go and focus on her career, if she needs advice on career moves, Job references or a “good time”- call me. I can be your friend but not your baby daddy or husband!

• Amaka

September 17, 2015 at 8:56 pm

Hmnn. Can someone help me here, does career actually prevents a woman from having children. I see loads of celebrities and non celebrities with children and career. Folorunsho Alakija, the second richest African woman has for boys and I don’t even want to start mentioning other women at home and abroad. I like Tyra Banks but I really don’t understand.

• eyong

September 18, 2015 at 5:05 am

You have to be a very foolish human being. Did she say her career is hindering her from having children? She is infertile you idiots. Which means it’s ten times harder for her to carry a pregnancy full term without miscarriage. So, what does that have to do with any of the cheap prostitutes you’re shaking. Or you just wanted to let us know that you’re a walking, talking STD dispenser? Okay, thank you. Dully noted, now can you go glue your butt to an arena of seats? Rubbish!

6. Mabel

September 18, 2015 at 1:40 am

What ppl fail to remember is that ivf has a whopping 25% success rate. It is more likely to fail than to work. They have sold women this ivf crap like it is a God send, yes, for the women it worked for wonderful, but there are far more sad stories than happy ones. Still better than nothing I suppose, faith and prayer likely have a 80% success rate, which one would you choose?

And why do ppl believe they have to have it all in life, like grow a backbone, so you don’t get to be a mother, so what? Some women are born without ovaries and a uterus, a dear friend of mine had to have a hysterectomy because of the nature of her fibroids at a young age, chemotherapy leads to infertility as well, some oncologists don’t even want you to get pregnant after chemo because of the fear of the cancer reemerging and not being treatable, some women have endometriosis and cannot conceive. So you don’t get to give birth, so what? I am sick and tired of hearing about these women who cannot conceive moping like it is the end of the world. I am sorry for seeming unduly harsh, but get tf on with life, some ppl are born without limbs, deaf, dumb, blind, mentally deranged. Why tf do folks expect their lives should be perfect in every single way. These women won the beauty and the wealth lottery and they are still complaining poor me, go complain to the woman who never even got the chance to be a contender in life. Expecting life to be perfect for you in every way is fckd up thinking because others have had to live in shyt from the day they were born until they die not knowing one moment of peace or joy. Adopt if you are in that much pain, but shut the hell up and stop assaulting my brain with this bloody foolishness.

• Blessedheart

September 18, 2015 at 11:01 am

Wow! I have no words for you. I can only pray that God touches your heart.

7. Umbrella

September 18, 2015 at 5:49 pm

See frustrated commentor! Choi!