Music

Lilian Esoro & Ubi Franklin are Cute in Igbo Attire for their Traditional Marriage Rites

BellaNaija.com

Ubi Franklin-Traditional Wedding-1Accompanied by his family, friends and industry colleagues (of course), Ubi Franklin is performing traditional rites at actress Lilian Esoro‘s family home in Magodo, Lagos today. Guests include Gbenro Ajibade, DJ Jimmy Jatt and Yomi Casual.

Of course we’ve been following the couple throughout their wedding journey – see their introduction here, pre-wedding photo shoot here, court wedding photos here and Lilian’s star-studded bridal shower photos here.

According to their invitation, the full traditional wedding (a reception), is happening on Sunday November 1, in Lekki, Lagos.

Be on the lookout for official and exclusive photos on BellaNaija Weddings.Lilian Esoro traditional wedding

Here’s the groom in Igbo attire, as his bride Lilian is from the East. He also wrote some Igbo on his page –

Kamje kporo nwunyem”

Ubi Franklin-Traditional Wedding-2 Ubi Franklin-Traditional Wedding-31245

Photo Source: Instagram.com

1. Hia

October 30, 2015 at 5:31 pm

which one is this again? Chai i am tired finish
    Ii guess we should expect Thank You Ceremony before and after and all, abi

e don do

You two should save all the imaginary monies you have for your first home and your future kids private education, instead of trying to show off and proof a point with all the fake friends , when its all so clear even blind stevie wonder can see it.

Abegiiiiii

• Sunday

October 30, 2015 at 6:12 pm

Hia, how much have you saved for your own children? Madam Koi Koi, ngwa siri nsi nsi si ebe’a puo! In English, smell like shit shit and gerrrarahia men! Lol.

• ATL's finest

October 30, 2015 at 6:45 pm

@ His lmao.. Exactly my thoughts when I read the headline but then again, it’s all about here now.. She’s every where for her DEAL day is FAST approaching.. I guess she’s doing what most people do 1. Introduction 2. Court Marriage (Registry) 3. Traditional marriage 4. Bridal shower 5. Then d white wedding coming up.. I guess hers is almost back 2 back.. God know I shall be spilting mine esp if I have to travel between d States & Nigeria for all this events LOL.. I don’t care so much for Ubi but Lilian is beautiful ( I know a kill’ about her).. Let’s just say maybe nothing.. But she seems to be on d calm side.. BIG CONGRATS to y’both @ BN post more pix Una dey slack ooo & for NOV 1st y’all better post the pix asap.. She’s sexy why wouldn’t I wait for her pix :)????

• OneTallgirl

October 30, 2015 at 11:03 pm

Wishing the Frankins a happy married life & all the wonderful things that come with it ….

Ok, now to the main reason why I comment… Biko who is the hot chocolate guy in the light blue trad in the first pic????

• MechieOnu

October 30, 2015 at 7:10 pm

Envy bad O!

• Nne007

October 30, 2015 at 7:11 pm

Afo nsi like you. u r just full of hate

• MechieOnu

October 30, 2015 at 7:14 pm

My sister, the truth is that most Nigerians don’t like it when you are doing well.

• S!

October 30, 2015 at 7:36 pm

These people post on “their” Instagram accounts.
      BN goes to “their” Instagram accounts and take the pics. So I don’t understand your beef with the couple, rather beef BN for always posting their pics. It’s not their fault is BN keeps posting their pics, it’s their Instagram, they can post all their marriage pics of the want.

• Mama

October 31, 2015 at 12:46 am

Abeg wey Ubi family? Wey Iyanya??? Na only Ubi come marry wife??? Hmmmmm…

• Sola

October 31, 2015 at 1:14 am

I couldn’t have said this any better. Especially the fake bleached runs girls she now has as friends

• Her

October 31, 2015 at 11:58 am

You guys know this is just traditional rites sha… The traditional wedding is in November lol

2. ANGELA

October 30, 2015 at 5:42 pm

Lol @kamje kporo nwunyem.

CONGRATS UBI & LILIAN.

May your marriage be filled with love and joy.

*sipping chilled zobo and eating popcorn, waiting for comments*

3. Chacha

October 30, 2015 at 5:44 pm

i tire o.. how many marriage rites dem dey do? wat are they trying to prove? Nigerian mentality *smh*

4. Chinenye

October 30, 2015 at 5:47 pm

Jee kponata yaaaa oooo…Congrats to you!!!

5. Bosslady

October 30, 2015 at 5:50 pm

Ubi Franklin and Lilian Esoro trying so hard for their wedding to be the best celebrity wedding and “most talked about wedding”.
    #ISSORAI Una get the money sha, make una spend am. 😉

I hope there will be “THANK YOU FOR COMING TO OUR WEDDING” ceremony.

“ME BANGING MY WIFE” Ceremony. 😛

HAPPY MARRIED LIFE TO YOU BOTH OH!!!
    STAY IN LOVE JUST LIKE PETER AND LOLA OKOYE, PAUL AND ANITA OKOYE.

• ANGELA

October 30, 2015 at 6:14 pm

Lmao at “ME BANGING MY WIFE” Ceremony.

Chai! BellaNaijarians una get mouth o and una no dey cari last.

Dem get the OWO na, make dem spend am. Na once in a life ceremony biko

• To Bosslady

October 30, 2015 at 6:16 pm

Out of the Million and one couple whose marriages are working out there, you chose to use the Okoyes. Girl STOP IT.

It’s either you are one of the Okoyes/Family member to the Okoyes OR you are simply ignorant of the infidelity in those households. ***Hisss***

• Cynical

October 30, 2015 at 8:38 pm

Bros or sis,this your half and half gist ,is it good???? Ehn,see me salivating for gist and you just left me high and dry. Infidelity????? Say whatttt????

• Bosslady

October 30, 2015 at 9:41 pm

Lmaooo. INFIDELITY??? Oya prove it na! Aunty/Uncle where is thy evidence? cos I’m with mine to prove why I put their names there. Maybe you are one of the likes of Elshama and co) who fasted and prayed to be Peter/Paul’s wife/Brother-in-law. You don enter one chance :-P. Sorry Sweerie.

JUST DO ME A FAVOUR=> GERARAHERE!!!

• Spill the Beans

October 30, 2015 at 10:34 pm

Hahahahaha. @To Bosslady. Abeg come here and spill the beans o. It is obvious that the person @bosslady is OBVIOUSLY one of the Okoyes. Why would you give us half gist like that na.

@Bosslady but she didn’t mention any side chicks name, dear “okoye wife”, shebi na you dey mention Elshama and Co’s names. Hmm. From your comment, I can feel your voice shaking. You all need to calm down dear Okoye representative. Go and meet ya hubby.

• ATL's finest

October 31, 2015 at 7:26 am

@ To Boss lady thank jare!!! The Okoyes me esp Lola & whichever she’s married tho abegi no forget say them no dey finish for ATL. *Story I can’t spill any beans*.. No all that gliters are Gold.. A word is enough for the wise..

• Sunday

October 30, 2015 at 6:50 pm

Bosslady, nwanyi ahia ogwumabiri, o no na ulo mara ahia oma na ahia ojio, Madam Koi koi’s last born! I dey hail oh!
      How do you know that Peter and Lola are still in love? How do you know Paul and Anita have a happy marriage? Oh! I forgot! Because they post pictures loved up pictures on I nstagram once in a while, (just like Ubi and Lillian do)? However, being the fake witch that you are, you were able to decipher from these photos, which couple has a ” good relationship” and the couple that is trying to make their ” disaster headed” relationship the “talk of the town”.
      Lest I forget, has your diarrhea started because I said a prayer on your behalf.

• Bosslady

October 30, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Sunday See essay writing, lmfao. Yet when you enter exam hall you will begin to chop your biro. UBI AND LILIAN’S WWE. Hahaha

Which loved up pics on Instagram? The one that comes once in a while abi? Hahaha. The Okoyes keep their private life off the media cos they know that bad belle people like you are praying silently for their marriages to crash.

JOKE SILVA AND OLU JACOBS.
      PETER AND LOLA OKOYE.
      PAUL AND ANITA OKOYE.
      OMOTOLA AND CAPTAIN E.
      Even DR SID AND SIMI. E.t.c Those are the Super and Power Couple in the Entertainment Industry.

• bedsandroses

October 31, 2015 at 12:28 am

Why the bitterness. Knower of who has a good or bad marriage. You are single ehnnn, and probably sexually frustrated, don’t know why ur having high BP over peeps that don’t know you. Pls hug ur pillow and sleep, seems you need a hug. Can’t stand ppl who bad mouth ppls marriages they know nothing about.

6. Sonia

October 30, 2015 at 5:58 pm

Mehn! Lilian is a beauriful lady.
    Ubi fine sha. Congrats ooo. Can’t wait to see your kids cos they will be sooooo fineeeeeee. 🙂

Next is Freda Francis and Iyanya 😀

• Lilydarl

October 31, 2015 at 8:34 am

Hahahahahahahahahah

7. Sunday

October 30, 2015 at 6:05 pm

Nwata makata mma! Lillian is a stunning beauty biko! Jee kporo nwunye gi nwoke oma mara mma. Treat her like a ceramic plate. Let your wealth reflect on her my bro and May God bless your union. Lillian, take good care of your man . You both are beautiful.
    Any hater that will come here to spill rubbish and venom, may diarrhea be your portion throughout this weekend and the weekend after….iseeee!

Disclaimer: I don’t know this couple personally but it is obvious someone or people out there have an online agenda to ruin their happiness so I have decided to be a volunteer voltron for them today online.

8. Zoey

October 30, 2015 at 6:12 pm

I can’t get over Lilian’s BEAUTY!!! Ubi, is one lucky MAN!

9. j'suis belle

October 30, 2015 at 6:23 pm

after all said and done she still gets married to the man she wants and loves so pls lets give them a breather, theyare human just like us and if they choose not to answer all negative or petit comments it doesn’t mean it DON’T HURT! so lets stop people and just wish them well. HML to Mr and Mrs UBI and may God richly bless u both.

10. Beeeee

October 30, 2015 at 6:26 pm

Lilian is soooooooo beautiful????….I can’t get over it… Congrats to both of them

11. Adelaide

October 30, 2015 at 6:39 pm

I swear I’m not hating but I thought they’ve finished doing all their weddings? This is like the 4th post on them. HML

12. Duchess Maria

October 30, 2015 at 6:40 pm

Let’s see. They had the following:

1. Introduction
    2. Pre-wedding engagement shoot
    3. Bridal shower
    4. Now, traditional marriage rites.

I don’t see what is so different between theirs and other couples. Some of you are just spiteful and mean for no reason. So you want them to not have intro, or pre-wedding rites, abi bridal shower and engagement shoot so some of you people can sleep at night?
    Abegi, go and rest jare. When it’s your wedding, you can skip out on everything and just have a church ceremony but if Ubi and Lilian want to do 10 events before their wedding, #Isityourmoney?

13. Shan Pepe

October 30, 2015 at 7:11 pm

I love this couple, so beautiful. Fell in love with them after watching the “Laye” Instagram video. Too cute. When two people looking for real love, tired of the games meet each other, this is the result. Wish you all of God’s blessings in your marriage xx.

14. Nora

October 30, 2015 at 7:13 pm

Congrats to u both.may God bless ur union

15. kokoqueen

October 30, 2015 at 7:21 pm

Thank Goodness! She used her dad’s house this time around. Ermm, I hope it’s truly her dad’s house cos I honestly won’t be surprised if more photos emerges and boom it’s Alibaba or RMD’s house 🙂

• booboo

October 30, 2015 at 9:18 pm

@ look queen how is it your business who’s house they use hmm? Is RMD your father or is Alibaba your uncle? #freelilianandubi

16. Bey

October 30, 2015 at 7:36 pm

God bless the bride and groom,if they like they will renew vow every yr sef, it’s dere money……..last I checked they didn’t ask anyone for donations.Majority of people leaving dese bad comments are single, I bet 100percent on that. Don’t worry ehnn Sunday is fast approaching, I know you have seats kept at MFM and various mountains tops. Don’t worry ur own husband will come soon. Pls keep doing the 365days dry fast. Try and relax and stop hating on ppls happiness. Life is beautiful……………

17. Miss_Flygerian

October 30, 2015 at 7:41 pm

Some people are outright ridiculous. What is it that they have done that is out of the ordinary? Is it the pre-wedding shoot, or the introduction? Abi na court or trad wedding? Which is it biko? I want to understand where the bitterness and anger is stemming from. Aren’t these the steps many other couples take? Abegiiiii, you haters should just park jeje to one corner.

Lillian is slaying the trad look. I’m in love with the white.

18. PRINCE WILFRED

October 30, 2015 at 7:46 pm

congratulations dude

19. Tripping

October 30, 2015 at 7:50 pm

See woman!!! chai Lilian is too fine abeg!! Give her everything she wants sheesh!!!

20. Spanish Guitar

October 30, 2015 at 8:14 pm

Congrats to Lilian and Ubi. Hey, People do all these ceremonies but the era of social media had made this quite” in your face”, not their fault at all.
    P.S. Is it my eyes or is Lilian now FAIR-skinned?

21. The girl who drinks kai kai

October 30, 2015 at 8:19 pm

What state is Lilian from?
    From the east?
    Is Esoro an Igbo name?
    Thanks in advance!

• nnenne

October 30, 2015 at 10:20 pm

She’s from I’m State.
      Yes, Esoro is an Igbo name.

22. ajikoko

October 30, 2015 at 8:22 pm

See her pointed nose.chai some people are so fine….this is what I facial efficiency.Congrats Girl.Love Happens.

23. ajikoko

October 30, 2015 at 8:22 pm

call*

24. nnenna

October 30, 2015 at 8:24 pm

Sso in love with this couple,i wish u both a happy life together. Haters go and sleep.

25. Suwa

October 30, 2015 at 8:39 pm

Congrats L & U

26. camo

October 30, 2015 at 9:46 pm

Lilian looks so.fresh Bikonu! Una congrats

27. chenille

October 30, 2015 at 9:49 pm

Hahaha….u must be from [email protected] ahia ogwumabiri….kai.

28. bisisexy

October 30, 2015 at 10:33 pm

Lillian esoro being fair fits u,u see wat u get from being Freda Francis pal?check out Freda ‘s before and after pics,u will know wat am saying, Funny ting pple don’t realise is dat d unhappy pple might b on lilian’s bridal train or b organisers of the bridal shower, when I travelled last year ,my oyibo nieghbour married to a big boy rock star,told me she is careful abt telling her husbands friend’s wife,dat she is getting married bcos ,the other babe is still single, and has been pestering her own boo cos dey been dating for long,Kim had to tell kourtney first ,on keeping up with the Kardashians that she was pregnant,khloe said she was happy but lemar wished it was khloe that was pregnant

29. nene

October 30, 2015 at 10:46 pm

i always though lilian was beautiful right from watching her on clinic matters. she looks even more beautiful in these pictures. stunning lady. imo girls are beautiful

30. JEGAism

October 30, 2015 at 11:53 pm

Wishing Ubi and Lilian all the best, keep the celebration going and pictures rolling. And Mrs Franklin is preggers YES I said it. #skipping away joyfully

31. Kate

October 31, 2015 at 1:17 am

Lily is pregnant. …..yaaaay.

32. Kosiso

October 31, 2015 at 6:30 am

They can have as many marriage celebrations as they wish, marriage is worth celebrating just anyhow you want it

33. Mr Tee

October 31, 2015 at 6:31 am

You guys let the sleeping dog lie osisio

34. Zee

October 31, 2015 at 8:39 am

Lilii Nwa!! Nwa Amaka! I love your dress! You are so biurifulll

35. joe collins

October 31, 2015 at 3:28 pm

Ubi..which kind dressing bi this. Are you a chief now?

36. joe collins

October 31, 2015 at 3:30 pm

Ubi where you come get this Isiagu wey my grand father don wear retire? Lilian you must do something about Ubi and his dress.

37. Adamma

November 1, 2015 at 10:06 pm

You people haven’t been following;

They did the introduction
    The court marriage
    Pre wedding shoot
    Bridal shower
    The traditional rite
    The traditional marriage/reception
    The church wedding
    The reception
    ..,,..

So that’s one hell of an ocassion! The bride must be tired by now.

38. ebenezer codjoe