Events

Red Carpet Photos! Tiwa Savage, Jidenna, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, Britney Spears & More at the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards

BellaNaija.com

Jidenna & Tiwa SavageThe 2016 MTV Video Music Awards held at Madison Square Garden on Sunday (August 28) in New York City.

The event was attended by tons of celebrities who were up for nominations, performing or presenting at the award show.

Beyonce, Rihanna, Nicki Minaj, Ariana Grande, Meek Mill, Drake, Rita Ora, Tiwa Savage, DJ Khaled, Jidenna, Britney Spears, Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, Amber Rose, Chance the Rapper, Desiigner, 2Chainz, Heidi Klum, Nick Cannon and many more attended the award show this year.

See all the photos from the red carpet below.

‘Cuz I Slay

Desiigner

Desiigner

2Chainz

2Chainz

Nick Cannon

Nick Cannon

2016 MTV Video Music Awards BellaNaija August 2016 (21)

Ansel Elgort

Hailee Steinfeld

Hailee Steinfeld

Taylor Hill

Taylor Hill

Hailey Baldwin

Hailey Baldwin

Photo Credit: Getty Images/Jamie McCarthy | Anthony Harvey | Nicholas Hunt/FilmMagic

1. Ranyinudo

August 29, 2016 at 9:41 am

Nicky!? I love her dress. Our very own Tiwa! Jidenna the classic man and of course the ever playful panda man…Desiigner! ?

• Tosin

September 1, 2016 at 10:16 am

Desiigner always SO HAPPY. Love it.

2. queenbee

August 29, 2016 at 9:42 am

Okay. First to comment let me firstly commend you guys for putting tiwa at the top. First respect our own then we can expect others to respect us. And secondly Tiwa whoever is giving you makeup tips nowadays – keep them! Using a foundation to enhance rather than keep up with the glutathione brigade is so much more flattering. You look glory. Yasss girl embrace your melanin. Don’t let the fair and white slavw mentality Nigerians fool you beautiful skin is not about how light it is but how much it shines and exposes it’s translucence. You look amazing. However that said I wish you would have gone for something a bit more daring. But meh. That colour is wow. Truly truly keep your new stylist and makeup girl. And nicki wins the slay-a-thon for me. That blue on her skin tone is just lit. And the dress is perfection. And ciara if u showed us your entire breasteses we still wouldn’t be bothered. Seriously women nowadays. Its like who can out ashewo her colleague. It looks whack desperate for attention and frankly the boobs aren’t much to write home about. As for muva we won’t even go there. Did she get the invite last minute. She looks off. Amber muva or whatever u are calling yourself nowadays……Please find a new place to shop….preferably one that does full body clothing. And Kim. …The weight loss is extreme but uve done well. I’m not sure wyet her the just washed up on a beach somewhere is my taste but who am I. Your 200 insta followers will probably eat it right up and beg for more. Jidenna is just a cad. His outfits r just on point .

• nene

August 29, 2016 at 3:10 pm

her makeup and skin look flawless

• Damilola

August 29, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Tiwa’s makeup looks flawless, please keep this makeup foundation and tips. The color of her dress looks beautiful on her skin tone. Great legs too.
      Kim, looked like she’s been starving for month. The men looked awful except for jidenna.

3. queenbee

August 29, 2016 at 9:44 am

I meant cassie ohhhh. Not ciara. Cassie with her needs to show my little orange dumplings. Yeah. Not a fan.

4. queenbee

August 29, 2016 at 9:54 am

These bellanaija non journalism journalists. Why are you deleting my comments. Mtchew. If you put a platform up for opinions and yet you sanitise and filter information how authentic are you? How does that allow for a fair idea of what your audience think. Let me carry my business elsewhere. Last time I will even bother with this site.

5. Idara

August 29, 2016 at 9:55 am

Tiwa dear….i think a push up bra could have done wonders for you, especially in that dress.

6. Rafaella

August 29, 2016 at 9:56 am

Nicki Minaj and Amber Rose?
    Cassie biko wetin you wear and wetin you cari for head??
    Swizz Beatz & Alicia Keys?
    Beyonce & Blue Ivy??
    Michael Phelps & Nicole Johnson?
    Nick Cannon: Uncle were you returning from a Basketball game and suddenly “branched” to the event??
    Jidenna The BAE?
    Jaden Smith weird sumborri?
    Taylor Hill and Hailey Baldwin una break una leg abi una wan break am ni? Whats with the pose? Modelling pose????

Ermm! BN Biko where is Rihanna and Drake???

7. Fashionista

August 29, 2016 at 10:00 am

Love Jidenna’s look! Nick Jonas please pass me that your bomber jacket, I need it. ?

8. Rafaella

August 29, 2016 at 10:06 am

I just noticed Tiwa. Auntie Argh! But why??
    That dress is too tight and the makeup is too much…………………………………. “I’m sure thats why Jidenna was scared and had to keep his hands to himself posing like a bodyguard”?

• xoxo

August 29, 2016 at 3:20 pm

yea, but they sat right next to each other(check her snapchat) ! If you have nothing to say please just look and pass

9. MWANGAZA KITABU

August 29, 2016 at 10:31 am

Cool dressing. But men beat the ladies here…

10. MamaD

August 29, 2016 at 10:42 am

This Kim’s weight loss tho.
    I love Tiwa’s melanin pumping but mehn her dress or is it the bra she wore made her appear a bit cheap

11. Prince

August 29, 2016 at 10:56 am

TIWA looked great
    Queen Bey, you indeed came to slay.
    Jidenna, you are the king or fashion
    Amber Rose looked fantabulous (if there’s a word like that)
    Kim, you look awful and terrible. weight loss aint for you, you look sick

12. pat

August 29, 2016 at 11:09 am

I get the bra thing with Tiwa…and the dress is just blaaaa! Naomi is a goddess

13. Tikka Masala

August 29, 2016 at 11:58 am

Tiwa looks awful. I don’t think she was told ahead of time that she was going to the VMAs. In America. The Original VMAs. She needs to fire her stylist of clothing “advisors”.

14. Freeda

August 29, 2016 at 1:28 pm

Tee billz belongs in the background. Ever since he stopped rationing the spot light with Tiwa, she has literally taken off. Sky is your limit Tiwa Savage. Drop that balogun beans

15. tunmi

August 29, 2016 at 3:16 pm

No Nigerian designer could dress Tiwa???

16. Corolla

August 29, 2016 at 6:05 pm

I don’t like Tiwa’s makeup, and her dress was too basic.

17. Joanne.

August 29, 2016 at 8:24 pm

Tiwa, that dress, come on now!!

18. maitamachicinLA

August 29, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Why did Naomi Campbell have 2 outfits? Was she a video vixen this year or how is she connected to the VMA’s gerrarahis mehn

19. O

August 29, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Awon wo nu?

20. ME

August 29, 2016 at 11:00 pm

Hmmm was the theme ‘nearly naked’. The first few pictures apart from Tiwa were like boom boom boom to the face. Beyonce’s vigigi making an appearance, the sides of Niki’s vigigi, and Kim…well I have no words. No be today. Yes o I am team indecent wear police. #unashamed. Bee ? hivers abi wetin una call ya self will be looking for who to come for when Beyoncé looks like an unfeathered chicken soaked in hot water. Let me see who will stand in her defence. I don’t know who you are but I will find you and I will kill you. ??

21. jayboogie

August 30, 2016 at 5:36 am

LOL why is Kim looking like she’s suffering ? hahahah Kanye just dey twist his wife any how he likes, …..kolo couple , i like them sha…… Tiwa, the dress too tight !

22. Dadistar

August 30, 2016 at 8:28 am

Will Kanye Ever Smile??? Always looking like a Burnt Offering….. Arrrrrghh

• Thegrace

August 30, 2016 at 1:02 pm

I have not laughed like this in a while

23. kk

August 30, 2016 at 9:38 am

Plz where can I download 2016 MTV vmas

24. Cee

August 30, 2016 at 1:23 pm

Guess naked is the new fashion style for the carpets! Anyhows, TIWA…glad you gave it decent and You look amazing! Jidenna, waooo, thumbs up, Michael Phelps & Nicole Johnson,(somewhat well covered), thumbs up. Most of the men, okay, majority of the women, thumbs down! Salut’

25. OmaOma

August 30, 2016 at 2:55 pm

I think Kim was going for the Wet and wavy hair beach or I just got out of the shower look or I was thrown a bucket of water on my hair look

26. Ndokipikin

August 30, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Whoever styled tiwa didn’t do justice to her at all and the lady I thought she had fashion sense. This kind outfit sha e just be like tiwa just Dey Comot for puberty stage…#ngwabye

27. Temi

October 6, 2016 at 5:45 am

NO OFFENSE. BUT THEY ALL LOOK SICK, TRASHY… no class, no style, no element. I don’t know what is wrong with people now. Well I guess when you are filthy rich… this is what happens. I hope they get cured soon.. from Beyoncé to Jaden Smith.. they all look CRESSSSYYYYY ( as the Spanish would pronounce it) THEY LOOK CRESSY