News

U.S. Presidential Election: “The prophecy was all about the popular vote” – T.B Joshua | WATCH

Following the failure of his prophecy concerning the U.S Presidential Election to come to pass, the Senior Pastor of Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN), T.B Joshua, has come out to say that his prediction that a woman will win the U.S Presidential Election was all about the popular vote.

Republican candidate, Donald Trump won the election with over 300 electoral college votes to emerge as the President-elect.

However, Democratic candidate, Hillary Clinton won the popular vote with over 1.5 million votes ahead of Trump.

Joshua first deleted the Facebook Post where he made the prediction, and later wrote a short piece on his “view regarding the U.S Election” where he said: “In this case, we need the Spirit of a Prophet to recognize or to know a Prophet. Our levels are different. We are not on the same level”.

Joshua told his congregation:

The prophecy by itself was not controversial (Congregation claps). Rather you, we human beings. Tell your neighbour, ‘the prophecy by itself was not controversial at all, rather we human beings’ that is it…. Hmmm… It was not controversial, what is controversial there?

We have seen the outcome of the election of the United States. Having seen and heard, you’ll notice that the prophecy was all about the popular vote. The vote of the majority of the people – Americans.

In this case, we need the spirit of a prophet to understand, to know, and to recognise what the prophet was talking about. You know our levels are different. Do you agree with that? (Congregation says ‘Yes sir’). We are not on the same level, take note of that. Our levels are different and we are not on the same level. (Congregation claps).

WATCH. It starts from the 1:25 mark!

1. beauty

November 21, 2016 at 1:33 pm

What is all this, please? The first speech was totally unnecessary, now this?

• TeeS

November 21, 2016 at 4:15 pm

Thank God the trend is moving.

So y’all I’m going to Manitoba tomorrow and I wanna turn up Biko. Anybody there .??!!!
      I still haven’t packed sha.
      I can’t even find my passport either
      Neither has she checked in online .
      The struggle is real.

• Tru

November 21, 2016 at 5:23 pm

Nwanne you rock. Lagos weather is still doing us Film Trick.

• Tru

November 21, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Correct babe ??

• Iris

November 21, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Lol ‘Manitoba’ and ‘turn up’ is an oxymoron o. I’d like to know how your trip goes sha. Maybe I’m not giving it enough credit.

• ATL's finest

November 23, 2016 at 8:12 pm

@ TeeS u probably wanna turn down cuz I don’t know how U’ll do that turn up in that cold weather sha. Hopefully it doesn’t snow too ???. Good luck while turning up

2. Not today

November 21, 2016 at 1:37 pm

Good morning all,
    Please lets talk about something else. If BN doesn’t understand that her audience is sick and tired of foolishness, then we’ll pass the message across by force.

It’s very windy today, but yay! it’s thanksgiving week/weekend. Off to work, how’s everyone else?

• Mujer

November 21, 2016 at 1:47 pm

So you live on the east coast cos that’s where it’s windy

• Not today

November 21, 2016 at 2:33 pm

Yep, Eastcoast baby here, but darn wind!
      Have a lovely productive day fam!!

• Corolla

November 21, 2016 at 3:29 pm

East coast too! So windy today. I was a bit scared while driving on the highway o.

• ogo

November 21, 2016 at 4:07 pm

It is windy in the south too!

• TeeS

November 21, 2016 at 4:15 pm

Texas in the house baby!!! ???

• tunmi

November 21, 2016 at 2:09 pm

It is windy!!! And I love it. How can you not when there are no mosquitoes or gnats flying in your face? I just have to dig my winter boots out and I’m good to go.

But even if you don’t like the cold, the leaves and trees are so beautiful especially in the morning. The reds and oranges ???

• Huh?

November 21, 2016 at 2:28 pm

A plus for effort however the fakery is still kinda obvious. Mosquitoes don’t fly about in cold weather.

• Not today

November 21, 2016 at 2:34 pm

You make valid points for the wind, but i hate the tears that spring to my eyes.

• TeeS

November 21, 2016 at 4:23 pm

Wind is bad for me. My allergies are off the chart. It’s better when it starts to get cold tho. Does anyone have the cold skin itch problem is winter ? Or the static issue. I swear I get shocked every time. It’s unfair . I’ve learned to carry a coin with me at all times . Anyone else got this problem ?

• Wanderlust _Trekeffect?

November 21, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Happy Thanksgiving in advance! My holiday has already begun?, joining the fam at Ca today. For anyone in Hayward or close who won’t be having a family for Thanksgiving, I’m inviting you to Hayward community Thanksgiving, I will be volunteering there although I will be spending it with my family.

• TeeS

November 21, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Awww that’s nice of you . I would have hopped in my kabu kabu car and driven to California . Lol
      Happy thanksgiving.
      Can I bitch small?
      I’m thankful for the nice weather
      I’m thankful for family
      Thankful for the bitchass friends . *coughs*
      Thankful that that Yoruba man hurt me but it’ll get better
      Baba God I’m thankful that this hurt doesn’t hurt as much but I still think all men are shady
      I’m thankful that I now have sense and will not pick or listen to the wrong guys. ???
      I’m thankful that I’ll know and have peace
      I’m thankful for bellanaija commenters cus y’all crack me up all the time.
      I’m thankful I can eat sleep, wake up, afford simple things in life .
      I’m thankful that att has been clutch and my data hasn’t finished

• What an ass

November 21, 2016 at 5:29 pm

Haha happy Thanksgiving in advance to you to, so after the hectic pace of hospital work, you get a little break and use it to volunteer? *faints*. You really must be a workaholic lol.

• Abz

November 21, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Windy over here too. I am still NOT about this weather. Thankfully, we are moving before it starts snowing. Happy Thanksgiving in advance!

• Leah

November 21, 2016 at 6:43 pm

@ Not today, thank you for bringing a good vibe into a useless post! To @ Mujer, Corolla, Ogo, TeeS, Tunmi, Wanderlust-Trekeeffect, What an ass (lol), Abz and Not today, Happy Thanks Giving to you all from CA.

• LOL

November 22, 2016 at 2:26 pm

Nne wind almost carried my wig o. So windy!

3. Marlvina

November 21, 2016 at 1:46 pm

See them clapping? SMH! I only feel sorry for this hypnotised congregation! That’s all I have to say.

@Not today, my dear the day is going great. The month is moving so fast. I smell Xmas already ?

• EE

November 21, 2016 at 2:05 pm

It has nothing to do with hypnosis, which really isn’t possible on such a large scale. Its more their cost benefit analysis churning, Sec. Clinton isn’t their concern. They on the other hand could be one of the lucky ones testifying of the miracles wroth by the Prophet.

Personally, I’m a bit miffed at the subtle bashing that’s being encouraged here, these people and TB Joshua do not deserve our mockery, he made a mistake, if he is too proud to admit it fully, that’s his failing. His congregation especially are innocent in this, they’re just folk like us trying to make it through life.

Since Prophet TB Joshua seems to be going down the route I predicted, might as well point out his logic makes zero sense, why didn’t the spirit of the prophet let him understand? Simple solution, God crowned Saul, God changed his mind and crowned David. Just off the top of my head, not like there isn’t biblical precedent for God changing his mind.

4. EE

November 21, 2016 at 1:51 pm

Its really been fascinating watching the slow revolt of the comment’s section against creative.

After Brexit and Trumpin, will BNxit be next? Stay tuned.

What we really need is a good Aunty Bella case or maybe an awesome wedding or you know an Ifeanyi Moore article or something………..Wasn’t there a book club in the works???

Speaking of books any fantasy lovers here read Lightbringer #4?

• Wanderlust _Trekeffect?

November 21, 2016 at 2:36 pm

Sorry….. Only sci-fi lovers allowed✋lol

• EE

November 22, 2016 at 3:02 am

The if you haven’t, you ought to read the Red Rising series, not much of a Sci-fi person, but that was fantastic.

• Wanderlust _Trekeffect?

November 22, 2016 at 3:50 am

Just purchased it on Amazon, will check it out.

• Lulu

November 22, 2016 at 3:25 pm

Red rising ..one of my best sci-fi reads so far. Fantasy and sci-fi geek over here

5. kongira bah pulo

November 21, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Whatever

6. kongira bah pulo

November 21, 2016 at 2:00 pm

That’s fine.The Gambia is going to the polls on 01st December,The incumbent has to challengers please prophecize for them

7. godwi

November 21, 2016 at 2:03 pm

Looool,what a dumb crowd. this fake prophet is a joke!

8. Big Tee

November 21, 2016 at 2:06 pm

Today is Monday, unfortunately Atoke dumped us, no post from her today, I am pained.

9. Cynical

November 21, 2016 at 2:49 pm

Oh no he didn’t……..smh??

10. Moyo

November 21, 2016 at 2:51 pm

No Atoke on Mondays, No Skinny Girl in Transit on Fridays, so booooooooooring. anyone following web series 5ives, interesting

11. Cynical

November 21, 2016 at 2:53 pm

BN, abeg pls bring back intelligent articles. Atoke…..Monday, Isio……Tuesday, Esco…..Thursday, what day was William???
    All in favor say aye……

• Tru

November 21, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Nwanne you rock. Lagos weather is still doing us Film Trick.

• Tru

November 21, 2016 at 5:25 pm

AYEEEEEE

12. Bella

November 21, 2016 at 2:59 pm

It so hot in Naija jare, I smell harmatan from afar.

13. Austin

November 21, 2016 at 4:08 pm

You talk about Wind? Please..google Amsterdam!
    The Wind here is crazy…but am at work and I had to type this on the ‘wind’ of foolishness

14. Moniker

November 21, 2016 at 4:34 pm

The Internet in my office is so irritating. Mary still saw period this month. So Christmas may not even come. My boss will just make us observe Dec. 25th. God help us in this country..

15. jefka

November 21, 2016 at 4:54 pm

The author of room 402, please release the second half of the story and save me the stress of imagining what became of the 419ner and the ritualist.

• Blessing

November 21, 2016 at 8:00 pm

Lol. I am sorry to inform you that the story ends there o. I just couldn’t see past that last scene. Anyway, I am over here writing concluding episodes of ‘The Contract’. I think you should visit my blog storiesbydel.com. I have another series running there.

16. petr

November 21, 2016 at 6:13 pm

Benin is very hot dese days, really do 1der if d gods are pissed

17. New in town

November 21, 2016 at 6:38 pm

I just moved back to Naija. People what’s happening in this Abuja. Any tips for a newbie? Make boredom no finish man for here.

18. Marian

November 21, 2016 at 6:45 pm

Lol, you guys no fall hand. It don do,we need a break from some people This is much better.

19. Aisha

November 21, 2016 at 7:48 pm

Having fun with ds comments, Abuja is okay today. Just d sun in d afternoon is………….

20. tunmi

November 22, 2016 at 1:39 am

@TeeS the itchy dry skin… For that I take my bath the night before and I use amlactin (it is perfect for dry almost scaly skin, I get that on the front of my legs). The trick is to use it on clean dry skin, so when you wake up. And the type software clothes you wear may also affect your skin when layering up