Sweet Spot

BN Living: The Fabulous Black & White Party for Olalekan Ajala’s 50 Birthday at The Dorchester, London

BellaNaija Living

U.K based Businessman and CEO of Rowflex Properties, Olalekan Ajala recently celebrated his 50th birthday in an intimate yet glamorous black and white-themed bash at London’s iconic and prestigious hotel, The Dorchester Park Lane. The property mogul and father of 3 marked the occasion with his beautiful wife Yewande Ajala and his closest family and friends.

BellaNaija Living posted a video of the event, watch the video here and now we’re bringing you the exclusive photos from the fabulous party by Triple T Media. The monochrome theme was dominant everywhere, from the menus on the tables to what the well-dressed guests wore as well. While being serenaded with tunes from the saxophonist of Gary Parkes Music, guests were welcomed with a selection of aperitif and hors d’oeuvres. Soon after, they took their seats and the party began!

Family Photos
Dressed & ready to celebrate!

Grand Decor
Decor by Royal Event Decorations at The Dorchester hotel in the Orchid Function Room, with a black and white theme. Lovely four-tier cake by TY Couture Cakes black, black gift bags, black table cloth and white orchids, fabulous!

Guest Arrivals
Guests arrived the Orchid Function room at the grand hotel, surrounded by lovely white orchids which served as great photo props. While being serenaded with tunes from the saxophonist of Gary Parkes Music, guests were welcomed with a selection of aperitif and hors d’oeuvres

Let the Celebration Begin
The MC welcomes everyone and the event is launched with an opening prayer.

Let’s Wine & Dine

More Entertainment
Guests were entertained by Samba dancers, moving to electrifying music, encouraging the celebrant and his guests to get on the dance floor.

Second Outfit Change
The celebrant and his wife changed into another outfit that night, wearing ivory and white.

Dessert is Served
While guests enjoyed the delicious desserts, the celebrant’s close friends said a few words about him. His wife Yewande also said a few special words to the love of her life after they cut the birthday cake and they also shared a dance together. Listen to part of her speech in the video here.

Note: The head pastry chef at The Dorchester Hotel actually created/customised the desserts especially for Olalekan’s birthday to match the black and white themed event.

Get Your Dancing Shoes On…
It’s time to party!

Third Outfit Change
The couple changed into another outfit that night. Olalekan in a navy blue tux and Yewande in a gorgeous Swarovski stoned dress by Ijeve Designs.

Credits

No jollof Rice?!!!!!!

2. Joy E. Ojo

May 23, 2017 at 3:24 pm

That’s so funny

3. bey

May 23, 2017 at 3:37 pm

Awww i remember their wedding from years ago from ovation magazine.
    What a beautiful family.

• Wunmi

May 23, 2017 at 5:46 pm

Whoever u are,you’ve bn saying this since the video was posted……we have heard

4. Observer

May 23, 2017 at 3:50 pm

Which tailor made her dresses? Not really feeling it.

• Observer

May 23, 2017 at 3:51 pm

*them

• Anon

May 23, 2017 at 5:57 pm

Ijevedesigns
      She’s very good

• Anon

May 23, 2017 at 7:13 pm

Ijeve designs
      Heard she’s good

• Bukky

May 23, 2017 at 10:33 pm

@observer what is it about these dress you don’t like. HATER! please don’t hate , let’s try and congratulate good things and celebrate lives. The wife is super gorgeous, please my
      People what is it about this party not to like. Even Bella featured them twice, that speaks volumes . i wish I was them the best

• Observer

May 24, 2017 at 4:58 am

@Bukky, I’m not hating, I just stated the fact that I am not feeling the dresses. The fitting isn’t really doing her justice and the bust area is so flat. I have seen the girl dress better.
      Because I do not like something does not mean I am hating. Pls get out of here! Its obvious you worship the girl.

5. memebaby

May 23, 2017 at 4:06 pm

mehnn idk who this guy but happy birthday… my mom is 49 and people she grew up with ages 47-55 are just dying..its very sad.. May God grant you health and long life.. bless

6. Nyc

May 23, 2017 at 7:30 pm

Dresses made by Ijeve designs london..you go know now @ observer!!!hope u have the dough,kudi,agent, money,ego!!!!

• Observer

May 24, 2017 at 6:03 am

Thanks Ijeve Designs.

7. Stylepolice

May 23, 2017 at 9:31 pm

Beautiful pictures . Beautiful dresses .The lady in long blond hair , I love her dress more .. off shoulder and is beautiful

• Serita

May 23, 2017 at 10:43 pm

Is that you Lara praising yourself? Typical!

• Stylepolice

May 24, 2017 at 2:45 am

@serita and @momo …. Haba!!! You guys are so mean .. What is wrong in me loving her dress? I posted that comment because I follow her on Instagram and she had posted some beautiful pictures of her dress few weeks back with Kim dress , so I was thinking I would copy her style … I don’t know know this lady personally but please don’t hate .. …

• Naijafinest

May 25, 2017 at 8:36 pm

Yes I love the dress too and all the dresses . But I don’t think ‘ Lara’ (if that is her name) would praise herself on this platform as she was all over this party on her Instagram page praising her sister’s dresses . I think they are sisters !!

8. Naija big girl

May 23, 2017 at 10:22 pm

Beautiful party and very stylish people, love love love everything about this. This party speaks nothing but CLASS with a capital C

9. Sandra

May 23, 2017 at 10:25 pm

Her dresses her gorgeous, I love them all.

10. Sandra

May 23, 2017 at 10:28 pm

Anyone who leaves a mean comment is jealous and bad belle, everything about this party smell money and class . Happy 50th sir may more years to you

• osa

May 24, 2017 at 12:53 am

Money!!!! Yassss! Class? Not necessarily. But they have taste die. Taste and class are not the same thing. Everything about the party oozes maniiiiii!

They even used the Dorchester.
      Dont know them so just thought would not comment but good me i sha commented

• Bimbo

May 24, 2017 at 7:20 pm

Sandra , abeg leave your nice comment and move on ! Stop telling others what to or not post. Comment police !

11. Momo

May 23, 2017 at 11:00 pm

@serita?????lara is so vain???

• Peace

May 24, 2017 at 2:47 am

Hater !!!! Leave her alone … Let her be

• Stylepolice

May 24, 2017 at 8:02 am

You even posted that twice , .. You must be her HATER

12. Momo

May 23, 2017 at 11:01 pm

@serita?????????lara is so vain.

• Peace

May 24, 2017 at 2:59 am

This is one of Lara’,s hater….you don’t have to hate you know.. What is wrong with one of her followers liking her dress because she has seen the full pictures ???? Now it was her praising herself… Yes !!! She is vain and so what ?? Is she stopping you being vain ? Go n get a life and leave the poor girl alone..

• Peace

May 24, 2017 at 6:40 am

Momo, and @serita , both of you obviously know this girl and just want an avenue to attack her , this is celebration of life . So get out of here. Yes . She is so vain! And so ‘fckg’ what ? . Is she stopping you being vain . It’s obvious you guys are haters . Leave her alone and let her be haters … And face your miserable life if you have one. Come back and say this is her again replying your miserable foolish self . Just hate people putting people down .

• Stylepolice

May 24, 2017 at 8:00 am

13. Yemisi A.

May 23, 2017 at 11:42 pm

Guests look gorgeous in white… nice to see a family celebrate life… long life and good health to him

14. Katie

May 24, 2017 at 6:07 am

Nice celebration, it’s a very lovely event. The man looks 40 and no where near 50. They have good taste sha! . Everyone looked like they had a lovely time. Faboulous party.

15. Shima

May 24, 2017 at 6:11 am

Very nice party, the wife is Super gorgeous. She’s one of my style icons on Instagram. She keeps dresses very simple and chic . @bey I agree with you a family that stays together slays together. God bless them . I pray for me too, I will clock 50 and celebrate in style

16. Sadebaby

May 24, 2017 at 11:12 am

Wow , looking through the pictures and saw my cousin and his wife in attendance, I immediately had to call them and they said the party was one of the best they ever attended, Infact my cousins wife was saying that from start to finish the party was just breathtaking. And for my cousins wife to say such lovely comments because she is very critical , she can even criticise a dead body ??. Well planned, money well spent, the ambience superb, food delicious. But one thing they said about the couple that really stuck with me was how humble, polite , courteous and lovely they are. She said all the other guest were saying this amongst them selves. Everyone was honoured to have been party of such a lovely day. Me

17. Veronica2444

May 24, 2017 at 11:17 am

Am planning my husband 40th for next summer , call ,me Copycat, but me I am going to copy everything about this party , it’s very different ffrom the usual stuff you see here in Nigeria. Very nice indeed the only problem now is how will I find Quality samba dancers and white saxophonist with bling bling saxophone here in naija ????.

18. OA

May 24, 2017 at 6:43 pm

@Veronica2444, I beg do what you gotta do o jare! LOL! That’s the whole point of Bella Naija. Carry ideas and recycle.

If I was at this party, I would have stained their white chair(s) with my powder. I get so nervous and anxious around white wheda na me dey wear am or someone else around me all because of makeup. At times, it’s even one single grain of jollof rice that finishes the job! Sigh! .

The wife is a fine woman sha! Very elegant esp. after three children.