Sweet Spot

#BNViewsYouTube: Ink Eze is Spending 2 Days in London for Google’s #YouTube4Africa

Hiya! Ink Eze here.

Hope your Workers’ Day off has been going fabulously, whether you’re “food and drink”-ing or just chilling at home.

It’s been an incredibly active day for me because I’m in London, UK thanks to Google to explore the recently-opened YouTube studios alongside media folks from all around Africa for the next two days! It was just opened in August, the first of its kind in the U.K., and is one of only a few YouTube-dedicated spaces in the world.

I’ve missed BellaNaija and BellaNaijarians so much since my exit in January, so when the opportunity came to go for this trip, I flew at it.

I’m here to keep you tuned in to all that’s going on so come join my BN Travel … online!

A dinner at Jamie Oliver’s restaurant and special tour of Madame Tussaud’s awaits us too.

Keep up with the trip on our social media with the hashtag #BNViewsYouTube and everyone here – #YouTube4Africa.

Ink Eze is the Founder of AsoEbiBella.com, a platform for sharing African traditional styles. She Modern Culture and Media at the Ivy League Brown University. She honed her skills in advertising and digital media at one of America’s leading tech companies in marketing. She became BellaNaija Weddings editor in 2013, and Assistant Editor of BellaNaija, heading the lifestyle section - Style, Beauty and Living until January 2017. Under her leadership, BN Weddings gained international prominence and became Africa’s foremost wedding media brand with millions of followers across several platforms and coverage on BuzzFeed, BBC & more. #AsoEbiBella became BellaNaija.com’s top feature, with over 1.8 million followers on Instagram. She conceived of BBN Wonderland, Nigeria’s top bridal event since 2015 with Baileys Nigeria. Now she spends her time on AsoEbiBella, and has executed marketing campaigns with local and international brands including HP Nigeria, Orijin and Sunlight Detergent. and sharing her insights with the world. For more Ink, join her on @Ink.Eze | @AsoEbiBella

1. Lily

May 1, 2017 at 11:26 pm

🙂 🙂 🙂

okay oo – we have heard 🙂

2. kellyfbaby

May 2, 2017 at 12:13 am

…..and??

3. Hmm

May 2, 2017 at 12:54 am

The “about” section is longer than the article itself, so I think we should change the title of the article to “About Ink Eze”

• brenda

May 2, 2017 at 4:51 am

Dear Ink, you are clearly a very smart girl. I think you are wonderful and admire you from afar. But, I also think you try way too hard to prove your achievements which may stem from being insecure about your current position.

Your success will speak for itself, just keep working hard, but also, understand that there is so much more to running a successful business than good grades or doing exceptionally well at another company.

• Mz Socially Awkward....

May 2, 2017 at 12:35 pm

I recently had to update my CV. Very recently. And I haven’t done that in a while because…. you know how it starts collecting dust in a corner of your hard-drive, after you’ve tarried in one place for a while.

What I didn’t realise, though, was that how much unpolished gold nuggets had been relegated & generally abandoned because of my oversight. You work somewhere, or you have a certain role and so you think people know what you’re capable of…. but they actually don’t, so I gave an evening to sitting down & properly casting my mind to all I’ve done in the past, all I’m doing now and all I’m capable of delivering.

Nne, that CV is singing a brand new song & I’ve resolved that I must be constantly singing the same song, internally or externally, at any opportunity. If you don’t upsell yourself, nobody (not even your most admiring+ supporting manager or mentor) will do it for you and this is very important, because you don’t know who’s listening…. or even who might remember something in a separate conversation with someone else.

Biko, this bio dikwa very necessary – it’s not merely for BN’ers but also for the others beyond. Plenty in the media world will be noting down these skills. Expanding BN Weddings across social media platforms, introducing the now oft-recognized #Asoebi Bella feature +instagram page, launching the BN Wonderland annual event, growing the strong media presence not just locally but globally – e easy? I ain’t even mad at the bio, mehnnnnn.

Eeenkaychi – we no even know say you don comot from BN…. beht carry on striding ahead, nne, this indeed is just the beginning.??

• Nene

May 2, 2017 at 11:09 pm

With a degree in modern culture and media,whether it’s from Brown or Harvard, BN is in line with her degree so she shouldn’t be insecure.

4. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

May 2, 2017 at 8:59 am

Nkechi, it is good to see you

Your photographs are such a delight to watch and look at, you are such (a) great beauty and brains

“Onwe unu iwe; unu eje school ka Nkechi nwanne Uche”

• Poesy

May 2, 2017 at 12:19 pm

I dislike this attitude to criticism. Not every critique is about hating or comes from an angry heart. No doubt Ink is as smart as she is accomplished but the critics definitely have a point.

• Najma Hussein

May 3, 2017 at 1:37 am

Kinda reminds of of BN shuvving the Adetola billionaire Sisters down our throats and was always posting on them daily and weekly here (paid or unpaid gesture i dont know) and telling us their accomplishment and still no one gave a _______________.

Its nice to not be in a shadow and have your own , its much more respected, This is why Sanaa Lathan tried her hardest to let folks know her parents were in the industry during her early auditioning days.

When you post a LONG “About US’ about your sister, its like cmon, we know most of this already, why are you reiterating , I would have want to hear more about the youtube4Africa than the Long biography. You are trying waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy too hard boo. Bring it =down a notch.

Not all constructive criticism is hate , take it with stride

5. laila

May 2, 2017 at 10:16 am

Go Ink! Looking forward to the deets on the trip.
    Lovely to learn more about you from your bio.

6. aj

May 2, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Ink girl…you are so pretty!

7. Ifeyinwa Atuanya

May 3, 2017 at 10:43 am

@Poesy, you can’t hate Nkechi.

She understands constructive criticism.

She is a good student and she attended classes when she was schooling.

Look at her great beauty and you can’t leave out that she is brainy.

But I am yet to get your point @Poesy?