This is one chicken recipe that is worth the wait. The flour mixture coating gives it a very interesting texture. And you definitely can’t go wrong with fried marinated chicken. This time, it’s chicken-fried chicken with cream gravy. Yum!
- 4 pcs boneless chicken
- 2 tsp ginger powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 3 tbsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 cups full cream milk
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pc eggs
- 5 cups unsalted butter
- 2 pcs garlic
- 1 pc onions
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Firstly prepare the buttermilk by mixing 1 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon vinegar and allow to stand until the milk and cream separate.
- While the buttermilk is left to stand, chop the onions and mince the fresh garlic. Ensure the chicken is boneless and skinless and each weighs about 230 g.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic powder, 2 tablespoons of black pepper, ginger, paprika and ½ tablespoon of chilli, mix then set aside. Sandwich each of the chicken between two plastic wraps and pound with a meat pounder.
- In another large bowl, mix the egg, buttermilk, 1 tablespoon of the spice mixture together. Add the chicken and mix to coat. Transfer the chicken mixture to a gallon-sized zipper-lock freezer bag and refrigerate for about 4 hours or overnight turning occasionally to ensure the content coats evenly.
- To make the gravy, heat 2 tablespoons of butter in thick bottom non-stick frying pan over medium heat until foamy. Add the chopped onions and cook for about 4 minutes. Lower the heat and add the minced garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add 2 tablespoons of flour and stir constantly for about a minute. Add 1 cup of milk and whisk constantly, add ¾ cup of whipping cream and continue to whisk for about 3 minutes until thickened. Season with salt and black pepper as desired. Keep warm.
- Combine 2 cups of flour, baking powder, 2 tablespoons of salt and the remaining spice mixture in a large bowl. Add 3 tablespoons of the marinade in the zipper-lock bag and mix thoroughly with fingertips. Remove the entire chicken from the bag and toss in the flour mixture. Ensure it is well coated then place on a large plate.
- Heat about 4 cups of butter over medium heat in a non-stick frying pan, add the chicken and fry, flipping it over continuously. Continue this process until the chicken turns golden brown.
- Transfer the chicken to a towel-lined plate to drain for about 30 seconds.
Serve with the cream gravy. Yum!