Style

Be Yourself! Alicia Keys is Gorgeous and Bare-Faced for Elle Brasil Magazine September Issue

BellaNaija Style

For the first time in a Brazilian magazine, Alicia Keys uses her nonconformity to standards of beauty to spread the message for people to Be Cool, Be Strong, Be Real, Be Yourself in four covers of Elle Brasil Magazine‘s September 2017 issue.

The 36-year-old singer joined the #nomakeup movement in June 2016, and although she sometimes wears very little amounts of makeup Alicia says she wanted to stop looking at makeup as something that she was dependent on and went on to look at the products as a source of fun and creativity.

This is not the first time Alicia Keys has appeared bare faced on a magazine cover. She looked radiant without any makeup on the cover of Fault Magazine in July 2016.

On these four Elle Brasil September covers, she looks beautiful wearing only moisturizer, pink blush and rocking her colorful braids. She shared the cover photos on her Instagram with the caption:

Thank you @ellebrasil for capturing my true colors ❤️?????? Can’t wait to come to Rio and feel all that magnificent energy!! ???

According to the magazine, Alicia was chosen for the cover because she uses her image and visibility to raise important debates by openly talking about patterns, showing her vulnerabilities and challenging her own barriers

Check out the cover story on www.elle.com

1. Mystique

September 2, 2017 at 4:11 pm

She has make up on…… ???

• Simisola

September 2, 2017 at 6:44 pm

Haaaaaaa that’s what I thought

• Uberhaute looks

September 3, 2017 at 12:09 am

Cheek tints, illuminators, lip balm, eyebrow well groomed, minimal eyeshadow

• What an ass

September 3, 2017 at 6:26 am

Lmao there’s no salary for jealousy. People are now naming invisible makeup, Eyeshadow, cheek tint lol Lawd help the ugly.

2. Malik

September 2, 2017 at 6:27 pm

I tire… Be real. But use moisturizer. Use blush and long colourful hair extensions.

• What an ass

September 3, 2017 at 6:23 am

Ode since when is hair make up? Soon you guys will tell her not to bath to be real. So people who don’t use makeup cannot moisturize their skin any more? Lol just say you’re jealous cause without makeup you’ll look like a beast. God help some Nigerian women and their gutter low self esteem.

• Ada_ugo

September 4, 2017 at 9:16 pm

@What an ass, I’m all for you defending Alicia’s no make-up, but it kind of defeats the point when you tell someone else they’ll look like a beast without makeup. Please let us rebuke in love.

• Malik

September 11, 2017 at 9:02 am

No vex @whatanass. I just feel that no make up is different from minimal make up. Alicia keys is beautiful but her face in the photos has makeup on. And that’s undeniable. BTW, I’m a guy and I don’t use any makeup. (And I don’t look like a beast… Lol)

3. Nigerian Jollof

September 2, 2017 at 9:13 pm

True colours aren’t so true after all..

4. Maya

September 3, 2017 at 12:09 am

These comments from Nigerian women (I presume) who cake their faces with heavy primer, foundation, and powder so much so that every single flaw on their faces is disguised. Every time I see flawless faces, with eyebrows so perfect it scares me to think of how much effort it takes from keeping from cleaning a portion of the eyebrows off, I am terrified. I cannot keep from touching my face, I don’t know how these flawless women do it. So Alicia keys with the kind of ‘makeup’ that lets you see her freckles should be applauded. You women should get off her case! Well done, Alicia!

5. CarinaKJacob

September 3, 2017 at 12:47 am

Beautiful Alicia.

6. Truth-be-told

September 3, 2017 at 10:29 am

Don’t “presume” these comments are from Nigerian women. Make your comment and move on!

7. Zanele

September 6, 2017 at 10:50 am

She’S pretty, but they must not insult our intelligence. She is wearing make up, it’s as little as possible but it’s there, I should know, this is my go to everyday look since there is never enough time in the morning before leaving for work. She is wearing a BB cream which tints your face like a light foundation, her freckles are highlighted, her eyebrows are tinted as well (or else they’d be lighter), she is wearing one coat of mascara, the creases of her eyes are highlighted, My Goodness you guys don’t see the blush???? and she’s wearing nude lipstick (NOT GLOSS).

There’s nothing wrong with Alicia’s campaign, but she must just be up front and call it less make up, not bullshit us and call it bare face, cause this Alicia and Alicia after I give her wet wipes…they have different faces.