Comedy

Lagos Traffic Chronicles: How is the traffic in your area?

BellaNaija - Lagos Traffic Chronicles: How is the traffic in your area?

Hello BellaNaijarians!

The traffic in Lagos these days is quite serious and unprecedented. It’s almost like they are in a race to outdo each other and right now, Apapa and Ikorodu are leading the pack?.

How is the traffic in your area? Do let us know in the comment section.

1. Yakubu Innocent

September 27, 2017 at 2:02 pm

Traffic Lights at VGC, Ajah area need re-programming to recognize peak periods. As it is now, in the morning & evening times when people are going and returning from work respectively, the traffics are always heavy when the lights are on as against when they are not. They need reprogramming so that more time is allocated to peak periods as it is with other traffic lights on the same Lekki-Epe expressway axis.

2. Nedoux

September 27, 2017 at 2:11 pm

Ah…Lagos Traffic, sucking people’s blood with a concrete straw since 1900.

I’ve learned to keep myself occupied while crawling through 3MB traffic, best to make good use of all that idle time. My car doubles as a:

1) Make up studio: One has mastered the art of tweezing one’s eyebrows while driving.
    2) Disco club: One dances like nobody is watching. Thanks 96.5 FM.
    3) Cafeteria: One has sampled all the brands of plantain chips.
    4) Gym: One’s calf muscles are nicely toned, thanks to pressing the clutch pedal per second-per second.

3. Abi

September 27, 2017 at 3:25 pm

Nothing in this entire world is worse than Apapa traffic. Honestly I wish I could attach a video of what I go through daily before getting to work or returning home from apapa. I have had to leave my car permanently parked at work for almost 4 days cos no road, all the trailers and tankers have blocked every where, plus bad road and repairs going on in that axis. Just in the name of working in Apapa I fly bike daily from Stadium to Liverpool in Apapa, then I take a boat to work. My people is this life? I have a car yet I can not drive it because even Napep sef dey refuse apapa route, Okada sef na by luck.
    I can keep ranting but let me stop here. Meanwhile Im looking for a new job oooo, before I age in this traffic wahala.. I also saw an accident(okada and tanker) yesterday which completely broke me.

• africhic

September 28, 2017 at 11:03 am

My Apapa brethren. It’s crazy.

• Skree

September 29, 2017 at 10:22 am

I live in Apapa GRA and work on the Island. We have since grown inventive with avoiding the traffic so much so that we have a Whatsapp group to alert each other of what lies ahead traffic-wise.
      With the amount of revenue generated from the area and the typical luxury attached to the Marina in other countries, Apapa really should be a choice location! In our case, we’re killing everything! Businesses have shut down, agencies are moving, I’m sure if NPA could, it would move as well leaving the homeowners to wallow in the chaos they have left behind.

People who can afford to are moving out leaving their homes vacant for the security guards to fill with their relatives creating an unsafe security situation. The situation has descended into anarchy! The military are being used to control traffic! (Bless their hearts), when it is not wartime! The roads being done by Chief Dangote for which he enjoys a 10-year tax break is proceeding at snail pace!

Honestly! Just decentralize the frigging ports already so that people don’t have to travel from the far-flung North, east and South to pick up commodities and petroleum products! Alternatively, let the EXISTING rail lines be used to transport materials to areas further away! The nepotism and cronyism that surrounds the making of these decisions will be the death of us yet!

I’m whining and griping, I know but there’s so little one can do. Countless Op-ed pieces have been penned bemoaning the situation, we have written to the government time without number, zero alleviation! Perhaps when the traffic piles to Lagos Island, they’ll sit up and take notice. Till then, I’ll keep plying one way on the bridge, driving through the barracks with my resident’s permit and bashing the powers that be on forum such as this!

4. Jules

September 27, 2017 at 3:57 pm

I just left Oworosoki – Berger axis Traffic. I give God all the glory, (an Oando tanker got damaged or was almost ablaze before the Lagos fire rescue came) my people help me thank God ooooo. Mehnn I pity those coming from the island via 3rd mainland bridge, them don enter am today.

5. Reg

September 27, 2017 at 4:29 pm

I kuku dint go to work today, i was at the bus stop for more than an hour in the morning at Sabo, yaba. No buses, increased fares, and a gazillion ppl fighting for Obalende bus when one finaly came. Thank God for an understanding boss, i informed her and went back to my house. I can rest easy cos i escaped this evening traffic. Till tomorow

6. Nky

September 27, 2017 at 5:21 pm

Avoid Ikorodu road. I cried, laughed and danced on that toute today.

7. deeeee

September 27, 2017 at 6:36 pm

I tell you!!!!! @TheComic
    That’s hilarious….my pikin don waka reach house sef before him mama ;D hahahaha

8. OA

September 27, 2017 at 7:00 pm

A couple of weeks ago, I plied that Costain to Apongbon axis quite a few times as I had quite a bit of “nothing special” business to take care of at Tejuosho. Even I had to exclaim at the amount of traffic heading towards Apapa. The driver now told me that that is how it is oh! That some people sef spend three days in that traffic at which time I told him to “shut up and stop lying!” He said, “Aunty it’s true oh, some people have slept there overnight till the next day.” Funny enough, I didn’t encounter too much traffic this time around generally on my trip home except at Lekki-Ikoyi toll and Lekki-V/I toll. Even September Holy Ghost Service traffic was not bad at all (going and coming), but maybe because it was a public holiday that day!

9. Dele Abatan

November 20, 2017 at 9:55 pm

Are u tired of Lagos Traffic? Download Traffic Monitor App. visit trafficmonitor.ng .It gives Live Traffic Updates and alternative routes to all Destinations.