Weddings

First Look at Chidiogo Akunyili and Andrew Parr’s Unconventional White Wedding Ceremony

BellaNaija Weddings

Chidiogo Akunyili and her love Andrew Parr had their white wedding ceremony in a beautiful and unconventional way. The bride wore a white embroidery dress with lacey patterns which had an African touch and her groom wore a traditional white attire with a colourful pocket square. So unique!

Speaking about her dress, Chidiogo shared,” Thank you @wangerayu for making this dream of a dress come to life.
For as long as I can remember, I have wanted an African touch to my wedding dress. I approached a woman whose work I have admired for years. We went back and forth, and after few months of deliberations, sketches, mock-ups, fittings, re-fitting, we both came out with a dress that brings a smile to my heart ❤️ Can’t wait to share all the shades of this beautiful day with you. #chidandrew”

The couple celebrated their civil union here.

Keep refreshing www.bellanaija.com/weddings and @bellanaijaweddings on Instagram for more.

Credits

Bride @chidiogo_oo
Groom @andrewparr
Makeup @leauzuri | @akintexmediafotography
Dress @wangerayu
Planner @vibeeventsng
Photography @lucasugoweddings

1. Miss Smart

June 3, 2018 at 2:07 pm

So beautiful! I love how rich her skin tone looks? Their smiles speak volumes of what binds them. Sweet, sweet love. Wishing the newly married couple, all the goodness that comes with a loving union ♥️

2. Dee

June 3, 2018 at 2:32 pm

So gorgeous!!

3. akama

June 3, 2018 at 2:43 pm

I love the photobombed picture, lol. Happy married life and God Bless your union

4. Sur

June 3, 2018 at 3:27 pm

Beautiful and innovative wedding. Wishing them a long long and blessed Union

5. Ada

June 3, 2018 at 3:35 pm

So stunning, I love interracial couples. They look perfect together. Wishing the newlyweds a beautiful and a happy married life.

• 9ja

June 4, 2018 at 3:20 am

@Ada, abegi that drivel about “interracial” couples is just tosh and so unnecessary. Let’s just celebrate ALL happy couples regardless of color or color combinations. The same goes for the Skin-Tone Nazis on this thread.

6. Cee

June 3, 2018 at 3:52 pm

The white wedding outfits were fantastic, I don’t know why this hasn’t been done before considering the weather in Nigeria.

• Uberhaute Looks

June 4, 2018 at 1:32 am

It’s been done by so many but never had this kinda platform for exposure.

7. kike

June 3, 2018 at 3:54 pm

Ohhhhh so romantic, her dress, the grooms men, the groom and what they chose to wear proves true romanticmis not tryingmto copy someone but creating lasting memories

8. Oma

June 3, 2018 at 4:46 pm

Love …love …love. looking at them, in my mind, I just imagine the vibe in their home as being kinda laid back and artistic and just …… lol. As for the person that wondered why we’ve not been doing this for white weddings in Naija, I guess probably cos it’s kinda like this for traditional weddings so ..

9. THE MUMMY

June 3, 2018 at 5:07 pm

She is so beautiful ! I love the fact that she did not ‘tamper’ with her skin colour. Our skin is the most beautiful

• Felinda

June 4, 2018 at 6:06 pm

this is what we call a RICH CHOCOLATE MELANIN SKIN. ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS SKIN. The mua fked it up

10. omomo

June 3, 2018 at 5:36 pm

she is beautiful …..wow..

11. Ijebujesha

June 3, 2018 at 6:09 pm

Shame on Nollywood Yoruba actresses and other Yoruba ladies like TM. Upon all your bleach, bleach, you know see oyinbo man toast you talkless of marry. See this black beauty grab a fine oyinbo man. #Stopbleaching #Badforyourhealth #Youaren’twiserthanyourcreator

• Californiabawlar

June 3, 2018 at 8:29 pm

Awon elenu mari maso, enu ja wire. Kila gbe? Kile ju? Eleke olodo somebody. At least you agree that oyinbo man better pass you… that one sef dey sha????

Congrats to the beautiful couple!! ?? I wish I could be unconventional like this but the basic chick in me is won’t let me be great ?

• Ijebujesha

June 4, 2018 at 2:26 am

Haha. You get mouth gan o! Omoge Cali. You should know I was just joking. Abi o ta ba yin ni? Eyin naa n bo ra ni?

• whocares

June 4, 2018 at 9:49 am

lmaooooooooooooo ooh i have missed you in these mean streets of bn, also..
      ahem… is a wedding coming up soon? if so, we the association of bella naija loves California Bawler and wish her well and hope to be invited to the owambe parry (WTAABNLCBAWHWAHTBITTOP) for short wants more info and invite. we will buy ticket and ya gele.. madam kofo got nothing on us and how we will turn up in our gele,
      Alafia ni fun yin o!

• S

June 3, 2018 at 8:50 pm

Oyibo man is not the standard of anything. Are these women looking for oyibo men? There are many Nigerian, African women who haven’t tampered with their rich dark skin tone. Bride skin and smile is beautiful.

• Corolla

June 3, 2018 at 9:48 pm

@ijebuijesha, In your small mind, a white man is superior, abi? Your colonial mentality is shinning through in a major way.

• Dayo

June 4, 2018 at 3:24 am

Darn! Tryna like Corolla’s comment and instead accidentally liked Ijebuijesha’s. BN, I want my ‘Like’ back! LMAO!!!

• Felinda

June 4, 2018 at 6:13 pm

This is why i hear some black american haters in hollywood hate on Lupita (behind closed doors). They thought they had to alter skin, long weaves, add boobs and butt to get roles, Lupita came from no where and now taking all their roles- she redefined beauty. Its not even her outta beauty that exudes and shines, its her inner beauty out shines her outta beauty. Her confidence, eloquence , articulation, grace , elegance , class. She is now super booked for the next 3 yrs with more than 6 movies back to back. One is more beautiful when they are them selves un-apologetically. Altering skin will not change anything but give you a few temporary fks by fkboys. Leave your skin as it is.

Back to topic. This bride skin is so smooth and nice heh? she should be a model

• Lilo

June 4, 2018 at 8:44 pm

Why are we acting like all dark skinned tones are glowingly beautiful? Abeg. The kind of Matte finish her skin has is uncommon and if all dark girls looked like that there won’t be insecurities. Beauty comes in various shades and tones. Some people tone a bit and they become more attractive. Some people are yellow for nothing still ugly AF.

12. Temi Tope

June 3, 2018 at 6:49 pm

THIS GIRL IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!! WOW!! JUST LOOK AT HER COMPLEXION.. STUNNING..
    FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART! I AM WISHING THEM A LONG AND HAPPY MARRIAGE LIFE TOGETHER

13. Mamamia

June 3, 2018 at 7:24 pm

See black color ???…. Mama would be proud.

14. Bridget

June 3, 2018 at 9:37 pm

Chidiogo u too fine I beg!!!! Infact u are the c in authentic. May God bless ur union. Amen.

15. John

June 3, 2018 at 10:13 pm

I want to say something or shake small table( especially on today’s white men) but out of respect for her mother ( a woman I love and respect so much and I was fortunate to work with) let me keep quit.

So congrats to this black Queen

• Puzzles

June 4, 2018 at 7:01 pm

Thank you for that. I wish her mum was here. The only honourable woman i know of in public office. Sad that the good seem to die young

16. nametalkam

June 3, 2018 at 10:21 pm

Huge congrats to the lovely couple. The apple obviously does not fall far from the tree. Her values, ethics and sense of self she obviously got from her mother who really tried for this our country. May the best of blessings be theirs.

17. Osa

June 3, 2018 at 10:44 pm

Ijebu ijesa pls take your meds asap or shall we call 911?

18. Amna

June 4, 2018 at 1:22 am

She glows like her mama. May God bless their union.

19. Ritaorari

June 4, 2018 at 3:26 am

So different! So refreshing!! Love the simplicity and beauty. Truly less is more!! I would rather look at these pics all day than the normal over the top wedding dresses and decorations and everything that Naija weddings usually have which makes it quite difficult to differentiate one wedding/bride from the other. These pics stick in one’s memory for a long time. Wish you nothing but the best Chidiogo and Andrew!!

20. Concerned9ja

June 4, 2018 at 12:34 pm

Some comments here are quite funny..who really is the catch here??..look at her pedigree
    Yet some are acting like he did her a favour due to her dark hue…you sure it’s not the other way round.?

21. Aggie

June 4, 2018 at 8:41 pm

God bless your marriage with love, peace and fruitfulness in Jesus name. Both of you look great.