Tiwa Savage shares Story of Hair Loss after Pregnancy

Tiwa Savage_February 2016Tiwa Savage is not shy about her pregnancy and motherhood experiences. This time, she shared a story about her hair loss after she gave birth to their son Jamil,

After I had Jamil my hair started breaking off and I actually got a bald patch, it was a little heart breaking because I wasn’t sure it would grow back but my superb hair stylist @dfalanaartistry started treating my hair at @lewa_studio hair salon and with intensive hair care and conditioning my hair is getting back to normal. I’m going to wear my natural hair for a couple of weeks so it can gain its strength back. Thanks debs for protecting my hair even with the amount of styling and weaving I do due to the nature of my job. #ThingsTheyDontTellYouAfterHavingYourBaby #Momsknowbest #MyHairJourney #LongHair #TeamHairyGirls LOL

Hubby Tee Billz is also in a good mood as he is counting his wife Tiwa Savage as one of his blessings.

The mega musician and mother of one is turning a year older in a few days, and her hubby couldn’t help but gush about her, DJ Khaled style.

“Damn! Who’s dat girl? That’s all Mine bih ?… When bae drops one and still look this s–y that’s a Major? #Bae #BirthDayWeek #BlessingsOnBlessings”

Photo Credit: Instagram.com/teebillz323

36 Comments on Tiwa Savage shares Story of Hair Loss after Pregnancy
  • Passerby February 2, 2016 at 9:16 pm

Lovely hair and fabulous hairline!

• Ade February 5, 2016 at 9:25 pm

Tiwa’s natural hair looks good and healthy. Maybe it’s just me, women look so much younger, fresh and more beautiful without excessive weave. Their face show more.

• Hawt Talk With Tosan February 2, 2016 at 9:35 pm

Good for you. My hair still has not recovered from my 3 pregnancies. Oh well.

• Somebody February 2, 2016 at 9:36 pm

I don tire

• jide February 2, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Tiwatope please, Abeg. You are not the first nor last mom, face your music and spare us this your normal pregnancy yarns jare. Hair loss is normal during/after pregnancies. Geeez!

• BN@work February 2, 2016 at 10:42 pm

Why so bitter… She has a right to express herself biko let her be

• Seeiously February 2, 2016 at 10:56 pm

She’s one of the few first talking, bringing awareness many naija women tend to be silent forever reason. It’s so annoying how nigerian women are secretive about everything. How is your pregnancy? Glory be to God. What was your experience like, glory be to God. Did you give birth via vaginal or C section? We tank God. Be human and normal. Tiwa, keep sharing and annoy your haters more.

• Idomagirl February 3, 2016 at 1:11 pm

Thank you o Seeiously, the excessive secretiveness is so irritating.
        I like that Tiwa is speaking of her experience abeg.

• Corolla February 3, 2016 at 12:43 am

But Jide, in all of this you are the dolt-headed one. You saw the title of the post, and instead of sparing yourself the agony of her “normal pregnancy yarns”, you clicked on it? Olodo.com

• Cee February 2, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Biotin and ferrous fumarate has done wonders for my hair

• Dee February 2, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Mega musician ??? Ahba Bella which kin choir trumphet u use so!! Great hair though nonetheless

• Wow February 2, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Had the same thing happen to me after delivery in August. Still working on getting my bald spot to growth (sigh)!

• KARASHIKA February 2, 2016 at 10:14 pm

Aunty tiwa think she is slick with all this style style promotion she is doing. first pampas, now is @lewa_studio hair salon … lol

• Sandy February 2, 2016 at 10:19 pm

How wont she be blessings to her Hubby. Meal Ticket na…….

• Valentina February 2, 2016 at 10:30 pm

she’s looking for another endorsement deal, maybe EBONY relaxer.

• Rolly February 3, 2016 at 8:44 am

I wonder what it is about Tiwa that pisses people off so much. A lot of you are always so bitter when it comes to her.
      What on earth is there to hate about this post? You must be lacking edges ?
      About “are you the first” or “she wants an endorsement”. Do you not know a lot of women lose hair during pregnancy and she is raising awareness because like someone already mentioned, some women in Nigeria are so secretive about their pregnancy. It’s high time someone starts being honest and transparent. Children are blessings, definitely but pregnancy is actually extremely terrifying and difficult for A LOT of women.
      If a man (Jide) decides to be insensitive, who is surprised by that? But the women who also threw shade? WYD?????

• Iris February 3, 2016 at 2:40 pm

And so? What’s wrong with that, assuming that’s what she wants?

• Jesse February 3, 2016 at 12:38 am

lovely! Tiwa please try to give us some hit songs this year.

• Austar February 3, 2016 at 9:23 am

have you been living under the rock. Madam/Oga her album just dropped. Which “more songs are u askig for again”.

• David February 4, 2016 at 6:04 pm

She asked for HIT songs. Not mere “songs”.

• Progress February 3, 2016 at 2:32 am

Tiwa. You look very good. I like it when you cover up. You are such a beautiful woman.

• Olanne February 3, 2016 at 7:57 am

I know this is random but please do not use biotin if you have lupus. A friend of mine almost lost her eyesight because of this. Also, just check with your physician first. If you are experiencing hair loss; try Jamaican castor seed oil. I have used it and it does wonders. Please please do not use biotin ESPECIALLY if you have lupus or an autoimmune disease, use castor seed oil instead. These pills no matter how much of a “vitamin” pill they claim to be might have side effects. I saw someone wrote something about biotin here that’s why i wrote this.

• Chi February 3, 2016 at 8:07 am

Tiwa is extremely beautiful and that hair is AMAZING !!!

• Nadia February 3, 2016 at 8:21 am

@dfalanathirsty. Now that Tiwa has endorsed you online pls share………pray tell, what exactly did you use on Tiwa’s hair?

• ronke February 3, 2016 at 8:36 am

Is she trying to promote a hair care line or what? Next thing, they have turned her to ambassador for dark and lovely or L’Oreal…….. Next pls

• Moyo February 3, 2016 at 8:37 am

Different strokes, I guess, my hair actually started growing well when I started having babies and my hair is always full when I am pregnant. This is Tiwa’s first pregnancy, allow her tell you her experience, BNers have no chill. lol

• Grace February 3, 2016 at 9:22 am

She is an ambassador for a brand(Pampers) what do you expect? If Y’all who are commenting hatefully you will see she always #momsknowsbest she is selling the brand. Haba, for once lets appreciate some people
    Personally i didnt know one can loose her hair after child birth,her post made me to know so its educative.

• RIFF RAFF February 3, 2016 at 9:47 am

Yes it happens. When u are pregnant,the amount of hormones in your body doubles. That is why some pregnant women tend to have very hairy skin and the head on their head really grows thick and /or long. Others have bright clean faces others have acné or pregnancy mask. Once u give birth, the influx of hormones stops, hence the hair loss; that’s why it is always advisable to deep-treat hair during pregnancy; at least it will reduce the amount of hair loss after delivery.

• Mz Titilitious February 3, 2016 at 9:42 am

wow, i love her hairline just like mine tho her hair is longer…. i didnt know before now that women losses hair during and before pregnancy. #nowiknow 😉

• concerned9a February 3, 2016 at 11:34 am

Why shouldn’t she seek endorsements?…better than sleeping around or killing for money!!

• Idomagirl February 3, 2016 at 1:13 pm

Beautiful hair.

• prince February 3, 2016 at 1:16 pm

Bellanaija just made my day. if all your post is about TIWA i’ll rather be on your blog rather than work. (just kidding). I love TIWA bajebaje.
    Beautiful and classy woman. keep doing what you’re doing and for those hating, please don’t stop because your criticism keeps bringing in some cash and you keep getting broke.

• MamaD February 3, 2016 at 2:54 pm

Mine too. Infact, my hair growns longer, fuller and and thicker.

• Mizbi February 3, 2016 at 6:04 pm

Tiwa Savage, my role model I admire u a lot especially whenever people tell me that I look like u…lol. Anyway, u just taught me another lesson about pregnancy. Don’t mind those jealous beings, u are a star that’s which. I only pity those who never realized that the sky is too bg

• lola February 4, 2016 at 12:00 pm

after all said Tiwa is still a Role Model and an ICON(because female musicians weren’t taken seriously untill Her) and even if its to promote someone or looking for endorsement deals free her abeg She deserves it. Tiwa keep being You#HATERS SIT DOWN OR TAKE A HIKE#