Events

Polos & Denim from Deola Sagoe alongside Music from MI & Nneka – Photos from the “Just Before Christmas” Event

In what must have been a ‘first-of- its kind’ – renowned Nigerian designer, Deola Sagoe collaborated with award-winning rapper MI for a unique event. The event was described as “a celebration of music and fashion with an autograph signing session with both Deola Sagoe and MI“.

On the 19th of December 2010 at the Deola Sagoe Flagship Store on Victoria Island, Lagos, fans got to experience Deola Sagoe’s Polo Couture and the new Jean’Gida denim range while they enjoyed music from artistes, including MI and Nneka.

Check out photos below.

Bola Shagaya

Tiwa & Aba Sagoe

Yemi Caxton

Photo Credit: Kola Oshalusi | Maestro Media

1. naijafairy

January 11, 2011 at 6:16 am

Chantelle, gbupu asu, what is that thing you are wearing on ur body? are u for reals??

2. sweetie

January 11, 2011 at 6:16 am

yay i’m first woohoo

• Someone

January 11, 2011 at 11:53 pm

You wish lol. Better luck next time.

• sweetie

January 12, 2011 at 1:24 am

yes o, soon

3. Teebaby

January 11, 2011 at 6:16 am

I spot Rihanna and her red wig/weave

4. partyrider

January 11, 2011 at 6:17 am

this hauwa mukan chick is petty, hot and rocking that outfit.totally love it..

this chick again with slippers and her Pyjamas top is here again..i guess it was on the same day lynxx had his album lunch cos dis exactly wat she wore,she just knocked those shades on here…lmao

• ojaybaby

January 11, 2011 at 6:28 pm

i thought it was only me that noticed,who told her that that outfit makes sense…cahi babe needs a styilist asap

• miss

January 13, 2011 at 12:19 pm

you mean bathroom slippers

5. sweetie

January 11, 2011 at 6:19 am

@Ebuka – i see a bulge 🙂
    @ Deola Sagoe i loooooooooove your top.
    @ some others who thought they were going to the beach with them flip flop and things…what were you thinking?
    and is that funlola or wande -??? hmmn

• raah

January 11, 2011 at 7:25 am

aaaah!ebuka no get bulge o.must be the way the shirt was tucked in.there was a picture of him on twitter sometime last week.he’s now in peter of psquare’s league.I kid u not. 6packs and all

• Nma

January 12, 2011 at 1:07 am

thats not the kinda bulge she’s talking about! lol

6. THE AMAKA

January 11, 2011 at 6:36 am

Eniola Falase was obviously inspired by Rihanna’s “What’s My Name” video! hahahaha

what is Biki Jonh wearing? omg….
    Love Hauwa’s shoes…

and Chantelle Unachukwu….LOL!!!

so many events held on the same day…
    Lynxx album launch, Polos and Denim, AND the Future Award nominee party thingy…
    Lagos is hott sha…

7. Teekay

January 11, 2011 at 6:54 am

Lmao @ Noble Igwe in the heels…..

• D.O.T.M.H

January 11, 2011 at 5:00 pm

I Lol-ed as well when I saw that. 😀

8. olarposh

January 11, 2011 at 6:54 am

dat babe on flip flop is a total right off menh>>whew

9. venisha

January 11, 2011 at 7:56 am

Lovely denim nd polos! I jst hope D̶̲̥̅̊ ibos won’t copy dis one
    Jst D̶̲̥̅̊ way D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ copied D̶̲̥̅̊ Ralph laurel polos.
    Do D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ av aunty bola’s size there? Lol

10. cheaster

January 11, 2011 at 8:09 am

Chanttele,pls throw in some of the jeans $ polo from the signing$ rush to the rest room, gosh! Are u for real, that’s some eight year old costume you are putting on!even if you came for a piece of autograph!

11. Fatima

January 11, 2011 at 9:23 am

Okay this is the second time I am seeing CHANTELLE wear her flip flops on the red carpet. Pretty girl but what’s up with that? If you are too lazy to get dressed for the event you can always stay home you know.

12. Dimeji

January 11, 2011 at 9:34 am

Bella,
    It is Femi Akintilo and not Femi Akinfulo.Btw, Hauwa Mukan totally rocked her outfit.

13. Solape

January 11, 2011 at 10:35 am

14. Solape

January 11, 2011 at 10:41 am

*flesh

• Dayo

January 11, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Solape
      Firstly, did anyone notice that all the people in the pic with Tope Mebude are using their blackberry phones?????????? Seriously, people, cut down on the addiction!Secondly, Chantelle Unachukwu????????? Isnt that a tad bit too much flsh?? Tummy showing and bum shorts? tsk tsk tsk *smh*. She looks like a hot mess. Worng outfit for the event too….where’s your dress sense?

What’s wrong with showing flesh? Are we in Saudi Arabia?

Btw, not sure why many of the comments here are tripping. Chantelle’s outfit displays a playful irreverence. Quite apt for a denim-and-polo (aka t-shirt) event.

• osiko

January 17, 2011 at 2:04 pm

its either u are chantelle or chantelles friend….cos every one knows thats the wrong outfit for an event like this. well since you know her pass the message

15. Temi

January 11, 2011 at 10:59 am

Lovely. lovely lovely

16. Worried

January 11, 2011 at 11:18 am

Heheheehehe Eniola…je suis fashion victim, if Riri can do it so can you abi? Love Nigeria! heheheheh!

17. Subtle V

January 11, 2011 at 11:47 am

In Biki John’ s defense – she is a stylist in her own right with Z years of knowledge. @ The Amaka” – your comments have always exposed the borders of where you live- your World!

• notsosubtle

January 11, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Mechionu there jor! Biki is the one in a world f her own…I mean warrahell??? She did not finish loosening her hair and that was the most she could come up with with all her z years of ‘knowlwdge’? Shiorrr! Keep quiet there!

18. valentyn blacksmith

January 11, 2011 at 12:01 pm

shes so innovative with the polos n the denim rocks….lets hope our ibo brothers dont negate d original

19. jbk

January 11, 2011 at 2:10 pm

I love Tiwa and Aba Sagoe!!!!

20. MJS

January 11, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I love the embroidered logo of the jeans, very distinct and unique.

21. Miss A.T.L.

January 11, 2011 at 2:55 pm

*swoon* I see a very good-looking man… Ebuka, who are you? Where are you? *giggles*

Was this supposed to be a casual or dressy event? Half the attendees are casual and the other half are dressed up. Maybe Nigerian events should state whether guests should dress up or down? Maybe?

– I love Deola’s top
    – WHO IS THIS EBUKA SOMEBORRI???? He’s a hottie!

• sweetness

January 11, 2011 at 4:31 pm

LOL…………….CALM DOWN!!! Ebuka was one of d housemates in Big brother Nigeria 2007,n now he is a compere amongst other things n a celeb in nigeria…very nice guy.

• Miss A.T.L.

January 11, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Ah, he’s a very nice guy too? Can I be the bachelorette to his bachelor – assuming he’s not taken, that is.

I’ll calm down tomorrow.

22. Bachelorette

January 11, 2011 at 3:18 pm

me [email protected] Femi Akintilo…u go girl

23. Ronnie

January 11, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Omowunmi Akinnifesi looks gorg’ as usual. i do see the BB addiction going on behind Tope Mebude.LOL

24. Obi-talk

January 11, 2011 at 3:46 pm

Chantelle Unachukwu my fav… and yes I want Eniola’s hair!!!!!!!!!!

25. French Paris aaliyah

January 11, 2011 at 3:48 pm

this event looks better than Ghanian Movie Award lol

• lizzy

January 12, 2011 at 10:29 am

lol….kinda true but let’s not expantiate.

26. say it as it is

January 11, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Nice!

27. Anya

January 11, 2011 at 4:03 pm

Those white jeans on Ifee look great! They’re flattering and she’s rocking it well.

28. binta

January 11, 2011 at 4:09 pm

chantelle u really some fashion police…wat d hell is dat? arrrggghhhhhh!!!!

29. iya

January 11, 2011 at 4:54 pm

notsosubtle

Biki john looks a hot mess and always does im sorry! How can anyone call her a stylist?!!! I definitely wont allow her to style my barbie doll talkless of myself!

• Trend*

January 28, 2011 at 11:06 am

@iya- why don’t you put the venom from your deep-set fangs to better use, instead of bleeding them all over the BN page?? Your style commentator skills will serve you well when you attend the fashion shows in Paris, London, Paris and Milan, this coming season. Oh,wait a minute, you are a common civilian & as a result are- NFI. However,I’m sure that Biki John’s work (http://www.bikijohn.com)ensures that she gets those tickets, so who cares what her job title is!!
      And p.s- as for your ‘Biki John always looks like a hot mess’ comment-how in God’s name have you had the opportunity to meet/see her on so many occasions that you can give a summary of her style? Back in your cardboard box my friend.

• Biki John

January 28, 2011 at 11:48 am

Hi Iya, Biki John here. It’s interesting to see how an outfit I wear can muster up so much resentment, immaturity and bitterness in you. Such is the power of fashion and that’s why I love it so much. You are entitled to your opinion (about my clothes, taste etc) and landing cheap blows as you see fit- if that’s what you need to do to make yourself feel good & have a purpose in life. As to what I call myself, or how others choose to label me in the fashion industry- don’t worry your pretty little head about that; I am getting my props doing what I love in one of the fashion capital’s of the world, I’m A-OK. Also rest assured that I am secure enough in my career, that I don’t need to resort to adding you or your barbie to my client list.

30. D.O.T.M.H

January 11, 2011 at 5:25 pm

How much are the jeans pls?

31. Don did it

January 11, 2011 at 5:53 pm

Femi!!! looking hot hun!! Oyinkan u 2.

32. Charlotte

January 11, 2011 at 5:57 pm

All of you “eyeing” Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, he’s taken 4 real o, soon to become our in-law.

• Miss A.T.L.

January 11, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Darn it! Well, thank God for them both.

33. Jess

January 11, 2011 at 6:01 pm

I fully thought the guy in the green polo shirt was a mannequin for a sec lol. I am such a sucker for polo shirts and these look fab.

34. prism of an immigrant

January 11, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Chai, some people need to be handcuffed and sent to jail by the fashion police until they post bail.

Na wa for the ghetto fabulous girl with the rihanna hair… copy copy no go kill naija people.

At this point I don’t know if lace front wigs are a blessing to Nigerians. Some of them are just plain horrendous on people 😕

35. aunty tawa

January 11, 2011 at 6:38 pm

red hair is a DON’T and WHY DO PEOPLE WEAR FLIP FLOPS ON THE RED CARPET?!

36. tt

January 11, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Im sure Biki John is one of all this fashion people that will call putting a dead chciken on ur head fashion, lol d GAGA crew!

37. Jayla

January 11, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Yayyyy, Ebuka is back on the Red carpet. Been a hot minute

38. jia

January 11, 2011 at 10:26 pm

deolas jeans cost about 35/40k, at least that was the prize 3yrs ago when i got mine.the polo’s on the high side too. i love her stuff, but they’re too expensive.

• osiko

January 17, 2011 at 2:07 pm

damn wtf..aare you foreal…

39. busola

January 11, 2011 at 10:56 pm

And who told waje it was a good idea to wear leggings as bottoms..that top and jacket is a bit too short for the leggings..I can only imagine what the backside looks like..
    The girl in flip flops, slap yourself…very hot mess!

40. ogg

January 11, 2011 at 11:32 pm

i don’t usually do this but Biki John, why oh why :O

41. chinx

January 11, 2011 at 11:50 pm

Guy in the green polo top…..really does look like a mannequin!!! Had me fooled for second!! Was wondering why the other model wld pose with a manny in the first instance! Lol!!!

42. sweetie

January 12, 2011 at 1:25 am

Nma
    thats not the kinda bulge she’s talking about! lol

You understand deeply;)

43. ty mosh

January 12, 2011 at 3:03 am

I totally love Hauwa Mukan’s look! I think she rocked it so well. Chantelle Unachukwu however, is a story for another day… *Sigh*

44. Nice Anon

January 12, 2011 at 3:08 am

Noble Igwe can you rest that your pointy shoe already? Haba! A loafer would’ve been a better fit.

• Noble Igwe

January 12, 2011 at 9:54 am

It is my shoe ooooooooo
      And No,I’ll not rest it.
      Is it your shoe?
      Oginwa yii Panti?
      Oginwa nwe panti di n’iro?
      When i need a fashion advise,it def won’t be you but maybe i’ll come for a lesson in stupidity.
      Biko, Ogbeni park well

• TeeTee

January 12, 2011 at 2:23 pm

@ anon loool funneeee you got told…on the whole i think the guests look nice – a few misses admittedly but individual looks -which is always good for our entertainment!

• Miss A.T.L.

January 12, 2011 at 4:23 pm

BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

45. Mina

January 12, 2011 at 7:17 am

Eniola Falase’s hair rocks. Rihanna like!!

46. Abiola

January 12, 2011 at 8:03 am

That’s how many QC girls? 😉

47. lizzy

January 12, 2011 at 10:43 am

Can’t believe all the fashion police on Bella naija didn’t notice Nneka’s slippers. Or, are some people allowed to wear whatever??? lol.

48. Ginika

January 12, 2011 at 11:41 am

DS is looking good and much much younger

49. Moigal

January 12, 2011 at 12:26 pm

[email protected] “gbupu asu” kai thats the funniest thing i’ve read in recent times!!!

50. Ifeoma-adiagwuagwu

January 12, 2011 at 3:28 pm

she’s good: I like her designs

51. osiko

January 13, 2011 at 1:56 pm

dont they have dress codes for these events? mayb they should, to prevent chicks frm lookin like they are going to the beach

eniola falase, i am preety sure if riri wore her hair like that, we would never be inspired to rock that red head look, do something to it? a curl,,,, just something…damnn

52. asanwam

January 13, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Deola Sagoe is gorgeous

53. ihuoma

January 14, 2011 at 11:28 am

DIS CHANTELLE BABE ….IS IT EVERYDAY SLIPPERS…DIS IS NOT D FIRST TIME AHN AHN…..EVERYWHR IS NOT BEACH OOO…..MSCHEEWW

54. TheTwins

January 16, 2011 at 4:04 am

Femi Akintilo na you be this?!? You are looking fly oh 🙂 One-In-Town-Fashionista!

55. funke bucknor-obruthe

January 17, 2011 at 12:13 pm

lagos sha

56. Tada

January 27, 2011 at 6:42 pm

57. Trend*

January 28, 2011 at 10:43 am

notsosubtle

@notsosubtle- First of all insults have a much sharper delivery when words are spelt correctly- so ‘knowledge’, not ‘knowlwdge’. Furthermore, it looks like this is what she could come up with after ‘Z yrs of experience’- http://www.bikijohn.com – with clients like ARISE and VV Brown- looks like her world is pretty sweet to me!!

58. Xoliswa(Cape Town South Africa)

August 1, 2011 at 11:00 am

I hope that you do design for fuller figure ladies like me, otherwise yur designs are excellent my dear.