Style

Sasha P Takes Inspiration from Chanel’s Spring 2014 Collection

BellaNaija.com

Sasha P in Eclectic by Sasha - August 2014 - BN Style - BellaNaija.com 01
Sasha P was one of the many celebrities present at DJ Cuppy‘s “House of Cuppy” compilation mixtape launch last night at the Kudeta Lounge, Lagos.

She walked the red carpet in a chic print dress which represents a paint palette from her design label – Eclectic by Sasha. It was styled with silver hoop earrings, a gold ring, a red clutch and sparkly gold heels.

Déjà vu, anyone? Well your fashion radar is so right.

Sasha took inspiration from Chanel‘s Spring 2014 collection which featured different frocks in very similar print design.

Check it out!

Chanel Spring 2014 - August 2014 - BellaNaija.com 01Chanel Spring 2014 - August 2014 - BellaNaija.com 02Chanel Spring 2014 - August 2014 - BellaNaija.com 03

Photo Credit: Ebenezer Dada for Insigna Media | Style

1. beht why

August 9, 2014 at 3:25 pm

I prefer hers and she is beautiful

2. Mimi

August 9, 2014 at 3:27 pm

What I see is a copy of the print, not an inspiration. similar ke. una funny

• Anon

August 9, 2014 at 5:08 pm

Thank you.

• O g o

August 9, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Jealousy,what do you know about fashion

3. Http://xplorenollywood.blogspot.com

August 9, 2014 at 3:27 pm

She looks good! Need to read the reviews on DJ Cuppy’s work oh!

4. sean

August 9, 2014 at 3:55 pm

She needs to get sued to teach her a lesson, she has just copied the Chanel print, not been inspired by it, how stupid can u be

• Nicole

August 9, 2014 at 9:13 pm

I dont know Sasha, neither am I her, but your comment is cringe-worthy. To begin with, its just a dress, why so much bitterness? Get sued? Lmao. If you knew anything about fashion or the industry, you would know that there are no copyrights to pieces and designs. Hence, that makes you the stupid and ignorant one. #Ijustcant #toomanyfeliciasinnigeria #noonewantstobeobjectiveanymore

• mariaah

August 10, 2014 at 9:59 pm

Sued bii tii bawo?? LWKMD.. I’m actually amazed Channel could use a fabric that can be easily replicated by another designer. Abeg park!!

Madam or Oga, (whichever you are) Sasha cannot be sued and I will tell you why, I doubt very much the fabric was patented. That’s why. So chill.

5. cos I say so

August 9, 2014 at 8:01 pm

Was this to make Sasha look fake? Didn’t work,

6. No no no!

August 9, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Gosh sasha, that’s a Chanel print, you guys just go spreading your razzness across, this is what happens when everyone claims to be a designer or creative director as you have all copied too. Pls we can deal with copying of style, but not this level. As far as I am concerned Deola Sagoe is the only one worth calling a designer. The rest of them who you think are in A, fall in B or even C. Th rest C or D. The other rest are just panel beaters. None is in Deola Sagoe’s league. None

7. tenta

August 9, 2014 at 10:02 pm

Smh hot mess Sasha tiwa would forever be better than you go marry I beg

• Fashionista

August 10, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Your comment is so irrelevant, I can’t even deal!

8. misty

August 9, 2014 at 10:40 pm

@Tenta people like u are de once dat put enmity between celeb nd dere co stars. Sasha p is not competing wit tiwa ok nd besides I dnt see anything wrong wit wat she’s wearing

9. Jane

August 9, 2014 at 10:54 pm

Why the comparison? Did Tiwa complain to you. Marrying may not be the next big thing for her as it is for you. Am the one now smh at your level of bitterness

10. Mama

August 9, 2014 at 11:07 pm

From where to where?????
    No similarity at alllll…

11. NaijaPikin

August 9, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Ok I’m not understanding the hate against sasha. Last I checked there’s no copyright on fabric. You can buy whatever fabric you want, and sew whatever style you want. Dont be mad cos you didnt find the print 1st.

Some pples lives must be really miserable that they can only spew negativity.

• Girl

August 10, 2014 at 1:55 am

God bless you abundantly. If the owner of the fabric is still selling it…anybody can buy.

12. GIDI UP SEASON TWO EPISODE ONE REVIEW

August 10, 2014 at 3:19 pm

& that’s how sasha ruined the dress *sigh*

13. mariaah

August 10, 2014 at 10:03 pm

LOL.. Let me just find this fabric first!! I’m sewing blouse and wrapper.

LMAO.. I’m so angry! You pple upset at Sasha should better pour your against at odin-din power-house like chanel that is using fabric that can be easily replicated. Even with the $00000 charge.

14. GbollyPink

August 10, 2014 at 11:21 pm

It is better not to post comments if you do not have anything nice to put up.

15. sum1special

August 11, 2014 at 11:40 am

Pretty design.

16. kemostic

August 18, 2014 at 11:17 am

Me i think say she sew oleku oh. lol