Sweet Spot

Quick & Easy Meal Tips! Tunde Aiyeomoni Shares his Recipe for Fried Fish in Palm Sauce with Plantain

Yo Foodies!!! Guess what time it is? Food o’clock with Chicago based food lover, Tunde Aiyeomoni!

On the most recent edition of Easy Dining with Tunde, it’s fry fry fry! Tunde shares how he made a meal of Fried Fish in Palm oil with plantain chips!

Watch it here:

1. Lilo

May 24, 2015 at 3:04 pm

This guy is awesome…gidirita. Lmao

2. Tee

May 24, 2015 at 3:40 pm

Tunde mi! I’m coming to Chicago and would love to meet you!!!! *coughs* I’m an engineer oh! Lol, ok I lied about to be in a year. Are you single?? I saw you were my baby daddy n hubby. Lies! Ok I just kinda like you! Are you even gonna read this? -_-

3. Zebra

May 24, 2015 at 3:54 pm

Really enjoyed watching it. I would try the recipe. Dude has a good personality

4. Eileen

May 24, 2015 at 4:18 pm

I love a man who can cook..

5. Akpeno

May 24, 2015 at 4:47 pm

Love me some fried fish and dodo! The guy cooking it is not bad too 😉

6. Pretty girl

May 24, 2015 at 7:46 pm

Tunde ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh me I want to marry u. But me dey Canada how do I get to meet you.

7. nomad

May 24, 2015 at 8:19 pm

I’m more minimalist in spicing and would just lightly roast the fish mediterranean style in the oven covered in foil and seasoned with just salt, pepper, fresh garlic, lemon slices and sprigs of rosemary or thyme and drizzle of olive oil. Still tasty (you can actually TASTE the fish and not just spices) and far healthier without all that oil but that’s a matter of taste.

8. Seriously

May 25, 2015 at 2:25 am

Tunde, just stick to cooking and u redeemed yourself from the other videos. Back to the food, the food looks delicious. Keep it up.

• dayo

May 25, 2015 at 3:42 am

Yes, I think Tunde you should just stick to these your cooking videos! You do a good job cooking and showcasing it. Please don’t do the other videos about counselling or talking about social issues, I almost refused to watch this video based on what I saw in the last video you had with that lady ( she did a bad job talking about serious issues like it is a play thing) and the other guy ( I sort of think he is good with such videos, he has the ability to empathise). This is an advice, you will have more fans with this cooking videos you are doing and more babes will want to know you but if you do those other videos Tunde, they will run O! All the best

• ji

May 25, 2015 at 8:19 pm

Lydia is not helping Threesum. She seems a bit immature and inexperienced for the show

9. Amanda

May 25, 2015 at 3:19 am

Etcetera, Supported and your ilks — Come learn from your fellow Nigerian Man

• fga

May 25, 2015 at 9:10 am

If the man can cook, has money and his comforts in life, the level of value you have to bring to be considered as Mrs X. now becomes much more other than simply looking good or having mad culinary skills or being a career professional going places, as he can take care of himself already. You would be better off in a situation where men have less cooking skills and are less self-sufficient, so the value proposition you have to offer is much less. The competition for frontrunner female contention is tough my dear, when a man can cook better than you at the least of his many talents, its not as exciting as it sounds, you now have to find extraordinary to add to your resume.

• Amanda

May 25, 2015 at 6:55 pm

I am sorry that you were raised not to know how to take care of yourself. The human beings (female and male: Father, Mother, Sister, Brothers, My Husband) in my life all knew how to take care of themselves before they got married. It’s about partnership and not being a liability or nuisance. Being self sufficient and having survival skills is an important tool for every human being. You never know what tomorrow brings. A family friend of ours lost his wife many years ago and he was left with 3 kids. He raised the 3 of them by himself till they all went to College. He didn’t go all googoo gaagaa because being involved with his children’s life was something he did before his wife passed away.

Cooking, washing dishes, laundry, washing cars, changing your car tires or oil e.t.c– All of these things mentioned are skills to be learned. My siblings and I were raised knowing how to do all these skills. Nobody (female or male) is brought into this world having these skills automatically innate in them. There is none of these skills that is meant for only one gender to use as an oppressing technique for the other. I completely understand that every human being has their strength and weaknesses. The problem lies when you conclude due to your upbringing that a particular skill is meant for one gender and use it as an oppression technique for the other.

Be a partner is all people are asking for ( this is for both male and female). Don’t demand what you can’t bring to the table or offer. If you want a Cat Cora in the Kitchen then you need to be an Anthony Bourdain in the kitchen too. The same goes for women too–If you are asking that the man you date/marry be a successful go getter; then you need to be one also. You can’t be a lazy couch potato and be demanding for a man who works at Oracle, Exxon Mobil or Qualcomm.

Nobody should feel like they are carrying 90% of the weight in a marriage Imagine having to do two people’s work on a team project. It’s never fun and gets tiring. Nobody should feel like they have been worse off since they started a relationship. If we all as human beings become better partners and meet our spouses half way, the world will be a better place and there would be less complaining.

• Future/past

May 25, 2015 at 7:21 pm

Please allow me to disagree with you. If a man has all those skills, our coming together will just be for companionship and to help each other out when we are at our least, not because either of us lack a basic life skill. And believe me, for many people, that is enough. Some men with all the skills you mentioned also marry babes that have none of the above mentioned skills. Human relations is a complex thing. One size doesn’t fit all stop trying to force women into one group, it will never work!!

• ji

May 25, 2015 at 8:16 pm

I disagree. When a man who can take care f himslf and is self-sufficient decides to spend the rest of his life with me(and vice versa), then there is no greater love than thiis because I am reassured that he needs me for companionship and not for modern day slavery. A lot of you were asked for your hand in marriage because the guy got tired of eating out and cleaning his own house. Face it. If the only value you add to a man’s life is domestication and procreation, then sorry you ain’t adding value

10. Chizzy

May 25, 2015 at 10:11 am

The meal looks so nice and delicious too.
    Would love to try it but the palm oil they sell here na nonsense, it can mess up a whole dish.

11. bissy

May 25, 2015 at 10:26 am

Suya pepper!

12. Laface

May 25, 2015 at 10:37 am

Good job, Tunde! The nostalgia this brings of Nigeria is beyond human understanding.
    Now, some notes on the video- I think it may be worthwhile to inform viewers that ‘fry fry fry’ day is not everyday oh! Once-in-a while my dears (you can tell i am team organic/fitfam/healthy eating…:)

13. Laface

May 25, 2015 at 10:43 am

Also, kai Tunde your definition of ‘some’, ‘a little bit of’ is quite generous in scope! I could not stop laughing when you said you will add a little bit of Adobo seasoning but you nearly emptied the whole content! Ekun se’ Oremi!
    I loved the video and will be watching out for more- not the fry fry fry ones!