Seyi Shay landed the first double cover of tw Magazine for their January/February 2016 issue (click here) and apart from getting to hear about her love life (click here), there were a few things we were happy to know about the 30-year-old singer.
See the 10 things we picked up from her interview below.
- She was paid $5,000 when she was 15 to be part of a community choir to Japan for 12 days.
- Growing up she used to spend some of her holidays in Aso Rock.
- She attended Command Primary School and 1 year of secondary school before leaving for the US
- She got picked on a lot because she was just a singer and not a dancer in the ‘From Above’ band.
- She has an upcoming single with a huge American star.
- After being unsigned for a couple of years, she has her own record label and has already signed a writer and a producer
- She is always scared of being worshipped or glorified as all glory belongs to God.
- For her “Seyi or Shay” persona, Seyi is the down to earth home girl while Shay is the sassy performer with an electric stage presence.
- Seyi Shay loves being an aunt. Her sister is married to a Nigerian pastor and they have 5 kids together.
- She is head over heels in love with Okro soup
To read her full interview pick up a copy of tw Magazine’s Jan/Feb 2016 issue.
Photo Credit: Instagram – @moashystyling