Sweet Spot

“Your body will bounce back” Tiwa Savage encourages New Mums Not to be Pressured to Lose Weight, Praises Mercy Johnson-Okojie

BellaNaija.com

Mercy Johnson-Okojie and Tiwa Savage
Nigerian Pampers ambassador and mega Mavin superstar Tiwa Savage praised Nollywood actress Mercy Johnson-Okojie for having a fit ‘fleek’ body after her third baby, but told other new mums not to put pressure on themselves to lose weight fast.

@mercyjohnsonokojie post baby body on fleek e no easy o.

Shoutout to all the mummies taking care of their beautiful babies and still working on their body, it’s easy to let pressure get to you especially as we dey see these our abroad celebrities getting their bodies back after 2 hours of labour lol some people are blessed that way.

Every mallam with em kettle. You’ve just gone through a miraculous process, take it one step at a time and enjoy bonding with your baby. Your body will bounce back, you are BEAUTIFUL #MercyYouLookGreat #Momsknowbest

1. KARASHIKA

January 21, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Wow Mercy Johnson is looking gorgeous… Cant wait to see her in a new movie

2. Laura

January 21, 2016 at 4:27 pm

True!

3. L

January 21, 2016 at 4:34 pm

Actually Tiwa what you need to know and what everybody needs to know is that your body may not bounce back. Most times it doesn’t. Not that it can’t, but some people may just have worse bodies than they had before. What everyone needs to focus on is having a positive mindset and accepting themselves for who they are and not be pressurized into having this idea that my body must bounce back, because it may actually not bounce back and your expectation may lead to depression and low self esteem. Thank you.

4. Segi

January 21, 2016 at 4:47 pm

A little confuse, who should be advising who. The mom of 3 or 1?

• jide

January 21, 2016 at 7:14 pm

Don’t mind her. Only been a mom for a few months now we won’t breathe again. Oshi ati iranu. I still think Stephanie Linus should have been face of pampers with that her cute for years baby

• Ngozi

January 21, 2016 at 8:16 pm

To be a Mum for even a day is a big deal. If you don’t want to read what she has to say why not keep it moving? You are a bitter soul

5. Rafaella

January 21, 2016 at 4:50 pm

With this her post, I see Mercy Johnson becoming a Pampers Ambassador.
    #SipsTea

6. lotus flower

January 21, 2016 at 5:12 pm

It is clear that Tiwa is feeling some type of way about her post-baby body. It is not a competition. Some women will bounce back no matter what and others will take longer.
    Mercy certainly looks great! She was the same with her other two pregnancies.

7. Wale

January 21, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Honestly, every newly mother wants her body to back in better shape and of course I understand… My wife’s body didn’t bounce back until 9months after the birth of our daughter and she was worried. I told her that I cherished her body..My 20cents advice, if that the price we had to pay for having kids, I would prefer it to that figure 8.

• Californiabawlar

January 21, 2016 at 5:47 pm

Ahn ahn….husband yi ma wa very caring ke! O ga ju…oya take your trophy, you win husband of the internet…for today ?

• jide

January 21, 2016 at 7:15 pm

Yep, awon husband of ‘goggle’ as my razz naija peeps go yarn. Lmao. You iz a hot mess omo Cali

• whocares

January 21, 2016 at 7:33 pm

@C.bawler- LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. You sha dont want to have manners. just dey tasi anybody anyhow. let him come back and read your comment, wa gba.
      @Wale- Erm, daddy wa, iba wa re o, no vez o, its only bants and banter o, its joke she are joking o.

• californiabawlar

January 21, 2016 at 8:20 pm

Haaa eyin aye! I wasn’t being tongue in cheek o! So it’s true when my family and friends complain that they can’t decipher when I’m being nice or sarcastic??…hehehehe.

Abeg oga Wale, I really enjoyed your point of view towards your wife’s body o jee…you even saw it as teamwork (“…the price WE have to pay…”) abeg don’t let madam whocares pour sand in my garri o! please keep your trophy very very well…those come around very rarely especially with your track record 😀

@whocares, plix plix plix…this is 2016, I no tasi dey tasi anybody o! I need Jesus on my side with these oil prices….

8. Nadine

January 21, 2016 at 5:18 pm

Tiwa thank God you are saying this, cos you are the one forcing yourself to bounce back so as to continue forming “AFRICAN ABI 9JA BEYONCE”

Mercy Johnson, you are bae jare.

• ATL's finest

January 22, 2016 at 5:32 am

Abeg y’all stop all thise African “Tiwa” Beyonce . Tiwa na Tiwa & Bet na Bey.

• ATL's finest

January 22, 2016 at 5:32 am

*Bey*

9. Felinda

January 21, 2016 at 5:36 pm

I am surprised to this day Mercy does not have any endorsement whatsoever, I want her to have several, She will present it well am sure. Maybe not pampers per say but baby food and baby hygiene stuff. I wish you the best Mercy – Mom of 3 in 3 yrs

• safiyanú idris

January 24, 2016 at 12:39 pm

our MERCY doesn’t need an endorsement deal to be successful. with or without endorsement she’s still extremely comfortable.GOD HAS A BETTER PLAN FOR HER LIFE. SOONER OR LATER SHE SHALL BE THE FIRST LADY OF EDO STATE.

10. Laila Donohue

January 21, 2016 at 5:38 pm

Losing weight is actually easy if you get the right support or guide , i was searching online and came upon this website and found out that many had success in losing weight, i am also seeing wonderful results, here is that site, hope it will help those who really want to lose weight ,

simpleweightlosss.blogspot.com

11. in love with the puff puff

January 21, 2016 at 6:13 pm

but your body can truly bounce back if you put in the work… some may get their body easier than most but if you want your body to bounce back or look even more better than prior to having babies then put in the work and you get the body back!!!
    theres no magic just pure hard work to both mummies, single ladies and baby mamas!!

12. eugene

January 21, 2016 at 6:37 pm

I think Tiwa looks good as well! She doesn’t need to feel insecure about her body. ghlinks.net/

13. Eni

January 21, 2016 at 6:51 pm

What’s the meaning of your body will bounce back? Fitting into pre-pregnancy clothes, being at pre-pregnancy weight or what? You can do that but your body will never be thesame especially your breast. Know how a semi deflated balloon looks like? That’s how your breast will feel – the firmness will be gone. For those who get real bad stretch marks, it’s another story.
    You may weigh 50kg and fit into your size 4 clothes but your body is never thesame.

• lk

January 21, 2016 at 7:16 pm

which is indeed a beautiful thing….

14. sally

January 21, 2016 at 7:59 pm

@wale I wish I can lik ur commet a zillion time.

Tiwa u r not exactly right cos,our body structures differ,some ppl need little or no exercise/planned diet while sm women need routine and strict regime to bounce bck..we need 2 tell ourselves d truth!!!

15. Cancel Reply

January 21, 2016 at 8:00 pm

@ Jide Wow, wow!! How can you live with so much bitterness in you.

16. Ama (Ghana)

January 22, 2016 at 3:30 am

It is easy for her to say since her body bounced back to what it naturally was.

17. Chu

January 22, 2016 at 4:27 pm

The girl’s just trying to say something nice and encouraging yet y’all will still bash her. Naija sha, damned if you do, damned if you don’t.
    I love the advice, I’ve gained more weight since I gave birth six months ago. Things like this encourage me. Of course I know it, but having someone else say it validates it.

18. tee

January 24, 2016 at 11:13 am

I pity your sick mind and the equally sick people who chose to like your shallow comment.