Earlier this month, Kelly Rowland‘s premiered her latest endeavour, ‘Chasing Destiny’ (click here if you missed it), a docu-style reality show about finding the next big girl group on BET and she has even announced that she’ll be launching a makeup line “for chocolate girls” soon (Click here for more details).
With all these achievements, Kelly is definitely in the right position to talk about success, sex and slaying (at life).
Here’s a short version of her 10 keys to success according to ELLE.
- The right heel (or clothes) can give you power, even if it hurts just a little bit.
- Embrace being different.
- When discouraged, heed the words of “Bey’s mom, Tina”: “You gonna get this.”
- Beauty is universal; makeup should be, too.
- Because representation matters.
- Love yourself before you love (or pick) your partner.
- Good things happen when you’re in your thirties. Like better sex.
- Take a risk, even when it’s terrifying.
- Find a way to “pump back into yourself.”
- And remember, women are just better at balance. Extraordinarily so, actually.
Photo Credit: ELLE USA